Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft

FU Q Global Moderator Diamond Dragon's Avatar
    Disable These Ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by D34DGuY
    Wow thats pretty sweet armor, I have actually never seen that before def.
    Hahaha, sweetie you missed this.....
    Yeah I WISH that was really my armor!
    It's not although I wish it was, that's someone's artistic rendering of what female undead locks should really look like. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dig
    ....you had evolved into quite an experienced player. I play FFXI myself, and alot of WoW players do not like the game because it is a "pure grind."
    Experienced, well maybe. But stack up my gaming experience to that of Lazserus or even Metal Militia and I am sooooo wet behind the ears it isn't funny. Thanks for the kind words though. I just wish that translated into being a "good" player. LOL

What is FFXI? Is that one of the Final Fantasy games? Not counting my brief attempts at "gaming" when home gaming first came out and become widely popular (think Atari), WoW is the first game I have ever played. I don't think I'd like that one you play, continous grinding bores me out of my skull! Ask Bien, I got so lazy I was buying herbs off him because I am such an instance whore I didn't have time to grind or farm.

ZOMG I love instances! It isn't about the phat loots either. There's nothing like standing before Ragnaros! Of course then I die and just lay there while watching everyone else kill him. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dig
    I play FFXI myself, and alot of WoW players do not like the game because it is a "pure grind."
    It's nice that WoW has a lot of things going for it besides pure grind, but I end up grinding most of the time and love/hate it ;)

It gets tiresome, but the good thing is you can grind with minimal commitment; I did a scholo run last night and of course that requires ignoring the wife for several hours; can't do that very often. Whereas with a more "pure" grind I can just take it up where I left off whenever I have a few minutes I'd like to spend as a sartorially overstated dead guy.
    "If meat is murder, then vegetables are defoliation" - Me!

Dead Meat
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiant Noquisi
    What is FFXI? Is that one of the Final Fantasy games? Not counting my brief attempts at "gaming" when home gaming first came out and become widely popular (think Atari), WoW is the first game I have ever played. I don't think I'd like that one you play, continous grinding bores me out of my skull! Ask Bien, I got so lazy I was buying herbs off him because I am such an instance whore I didn't have time to grind or farm.
    You are correct, it's called Final Fantasy XI. One of the cool things about this game is that you can try many types of jobs all at once. They have a race called tarutaru, that are purely defined as magic users. I have a 47 White Mage, 40 Black Mage, 24 Ranger, 15 Ninja, and a 17 Summoner on this account. You can switch freely from each job when the one you are playing becomes too much of a grind. You can do lots of different things in the game, but leveling is completely group based, slow, but when you get a good group can be very fun. I would reccomend it to people that play WoW just to see how much of a hardcore RPG'er they really are. Believe me, when you have ascended to a high level on FF XI, you definitely feel like you have accomplished something!

Unnecessary Picture?

D34DGuY: Not sure it makes sense to repeat a huge picture that is already on the page once.

Eh, shit happens but Bien brings up a valid point. Please edit posts so that pics aren't repeated. Thanks.

Bien, working on getting back soon. ;)

It's all about Power

Back to my frost gear. I actually respecced for frost crowd control for use in instances, since Foundation invites me on runs more and more often. However, I got ganked 3 or 4 times before I even got a chance to try it out in an instance, so back to PvP build for me 31/20 arcane/frost.

A Foundation caster commented that I had a hell of a lot of damage for someone with no epics at all. Certainly been trying! This helps: Burst of Knowledge , and two of these: Maiden's Circle , and then the first two pieces of the Tier1 PvP gear, and Belt of Untapped Power.

I recently spent uncounted hours getting Revered with Argent Dawn and got Verimonde's Last Resort which gives me +19 spell damage, and I put the +30 dmg Spellpower enchant on it. With my +20 spell dmg offhand I now have +69 spell dmg in my hands, which is certainly worthwhile for me.
    Last edited by Batmensch; Aug 23rd, 2006 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added more stuff

World's Worst Warlock

I think I fought the world's worst level 60 allie warlock in Tarren Mill last night.

Now keep in mind that I'm vacationing in Michigan and have no access to broadband. I am using my cell phone as a modem, and the lag between here and the servers in California is nearly a second, and to cast a spell the information has to go both ways. Therefore, even my "instant" cast spells take at least 2 seconds to cast this way, and my 3 second spells take 5 achingly slow seconds to cast.

And even with all that, I took him on one on one 4 times and killed him twice. I'm not a very good fighter even at the best of times. How lame can you get? ;)

Well apparently I'll have to duel you when I get back online with my computer so I can remind you of how bad I am. I'm sure you'll waste me more often and quicker than our mortal enemy.

I wish I could get in the game since I could really use some entertainment where I'm at right now. I have little to do as it is and can only get 2 hours on the library computers. This blows.

I am curious about something. I'm wondering how your specs compare now with Lepermessiah when he was about the same place level. I kinda remember the "pink" armor and all the purple he made me jealous with last time I could actually see it but I'm still kinda partial and nostalgic for all that black pvp armor cause it just looked so "hot". LOL

How about it MM? Would you mind helping Bien satisfy my Warcrack cravings and post me some news, updates and your old specs (even tho I sent you email about the same)? Please? I'll get out my special colored kneepads just for you....=D

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member
    Come on now you know those knee pads are for me and always will be.

I wish I could get in the game since I could really use some entertainment where I'm at right now. I have little to do as it is and can only get 2 hours on the library computers. This blows.
    Bummer!

but I'm still kinda partial and nostalgic for all that black pvp armor cause it just looked so "hot". LOL
    Yeah, I think the PvP mage armor is about the best looking in the game. In fact, the rest of the Tier 1 armor is my next goal.

I've seen a couple of female mages wearing it too; very hot.

I watched some kid's playing some free online games last night. I cried. =(

BTW, that is one kick ass pic you posted Bien, I love it.

Oh yeah, I aquired level 8 Immolate before I had to sign off the game temporarily. Muahahahahahaha!!!

All right all you Warcrack playa's! Give me updates!

Sabacanthi, DBA and everyone else! Post your new armor pics and whatever! I need some crack!

Oh yeah, Alliance SUX!!!!

FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    update: I uninstalled the game.... I have neither the time to play it right now nor the willpower not to play it if I leave it on my computer. It was like a black hole that sucked up several months of my life. But dont worry, someday I will return.
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

Willpower? What's that?

Bienfoo Raiding and PvP

I think this Tier 1 PvP robe looks really cool. The stats and dmg are good, although it is a step down from Robe of Winter Night in terms of sheer frost damage. I also have the pants, gloves and boots. My Defiler's Cloth Girdle, from getting Honored in Arathi Basin, is high in stats and damage.

Unfortunately, my Spellweaver's Turban is powerful but very silly looking, and my Frostwolf Advisor's Cloak doesn't match very well, so they are turned off.

And will I ever find anything better than Elder Wizard's Mantle? I think I've been wearing this thing since level 51 or something.

Rag Versus a Ninja!

Actually, this is me (Bienfoo) as a ninja just before we (Divine Warlords) took Ragnaros down for the first time.

Ony too!

And Ony!

My friend Shipbull and unknown female

Grats!!

Damn! Grats on Rag and Ony! I almost peed my pants the first time I saw Rag go down! I've always been dead when Ony was killed so I haven't seen that bitch go down yet. Still, having my lil Val standing next to a dead dragon was uber coolness. I'm such a raid whore!

By the way, I noticed your kinda up there in the PVP rankings, grats and good work to that too! I'm going to "try" and get in a little more PVP when I come back. I'm definately gonna grow up that mage of mine!

I don't think I'll ever see Naxx cause even some of my uber game gods have been telling me that Naxx can make you feel like a crying toddler really fast but I hope there will be room for a pedestrian at some point.

Damn I miss playing! I wish I had spent more time actually playing rather than being distracted by something then coming back hours later to actually play.

At least I have a legitimate excuse now! LOL

Hehehe, I see that the nekkid cow is still partying nekkid. I miss that bull!
    Last edited by Diamond Dragon; Oct 23rd, 2006 at 12:14 PM.

Naxx

Well, Naxx is not difficult to get into, just expensive to get attunement for. Tell you what, when you get back, the two of us will partner up and see how far we can get

Oooohh you're on! I'd love too! So tell me.....what does the Naxx attunement entail? Oh and make sure all your guild locks have all their dungeon armor soes I can come into MC and get it all on their coattails, LOL!!! I've been kinda hangin on the forums when I can get online of some of my former guildies in Portent and they are keeping me around so thats cool. They killed the bat boss in AQ with 15 guys so I'm happy for them.

We could at the very least work on some Hydroxian rep and fire resist so I don't get fried so easily. =)

Oh yeah, and I start school soon for computer repair and networking. My dream is finally being realized! I'm gonna build an uber gaming rig....SWEET!!!

Hey, do you see Sabacanthi (or however it's spelled) at all anymore? I want an update from his shadowy ass too!

Oooohh you're on! I'd love too! So tell me.....what does the Naxx attunement entail?

Oh yeah, and I start school soon for computer repair and networking. My dream is finally being realized! I'm gonna build an uber gaming rig....SWEET!!!

Hey, do you see Sabacanthi (or however it's spelled) at all anymore? I want an update from his shadowy ass too!
    Grats on the schooling! As far as I can tell, Naxx attunement is just expensive, unless you are Revered with Argent Dawn, which I don't expect to be. Real sick of grinding AD!

I haven't seen Sabacanthi in a long time.

I finally got an alt past level 12. It is (you'll never guess) ... a female undead warlock ;)

Dead Meat
    Naxx sucks... my guild just killed two bosses there and i would rather be back doing level 10 quests. I am a 60 undead warlock from dragonmaw. Oh btw my guild is thinking about starting a horde guild on a new server where the highest levels are around 30, let me know if anyone wants in.

Meet My Warlock!

Meet Deathiness, my Warlock alt. She's the first alt I've been able to get over level 20. I found out recently that all the Mages in my guild are stoners (except me), evidently we just need those pretty caster lights and noises ;) Sort of like a Floyd concert.

Bien! NICE!!! Locks are damn hard to play but how I love how evil I can be when the moment is right and I can actually fight someone worse than I. LOL Rare I know! If you ever get her to 60 I want to be the lock that does the epic mount ritual with you! It's the most amazing thing I've done in the game but I had a damned good priest too. =D Maybe I'll try playing under the influence, lol.

At any rate I'll help you level your lock when I get back in. You can assist me with my mage. =)

How expensive is Naxx? I've got some heavy farming to do when I get back thats for damn sure.

Maxtin, what build is your lock? I've got mine on Nightfall/Conflag for now. I need to get way more practice in so rather than respeccing I'm gonna level a couple more locks. I might actually learn how to play one right in the mean time. LOL I'm game for hanging on another server if the timing permits.

That expansion is coming out soon. I'm going to have a BE lock and a BE mage for sure. I am ever so grateful that the only cost (for now anyway) is for the expansion itself, the subscriptions are staying the same. Nice.
    Last edited by Diamond Dragon; Dec 16th, 2006 at 10:13 AM.

Thread Information