Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abortion

Abortion

Disable These Ads!
    Is abortion right or wrong? Personally, I think abortion is right, because it is not very fun being a 14 year old girl, taking care of a small child. That's just one of my reasons, but what do you think about abortions?
    It's not the age, it's the experience that matters.

Join the most retarded debate on the net:
    Is the Earth flat or a sphere?

(Nothing Award Winner) Red Shift's Avatar
    i have mixed views on this subject, but mainly i think it's not like murder as i have heard people say, though even unborn humans should have a right to life, i think the fact that they have never known conciousness (or have they??) that it is not quite the same as murder.

Anyway although it is said that young people shouldn't be partaking in sexual intercourse and that there is a lot done these days to provide younger people with contraceptive medication and equipment, there is always more that could be done.

Not that it is likely to happen, but if i were to become a father at my tender age of 16, i think i would be very much up shit creek without a paddle, because while i do have a mature outlook on life, i do not think i could raise a child properly yet....
    Nasik is the most awesome member on AO!!!!
    I've got 555-PNinja on speed dial...

Same thing here. If my girlfriend would walk in my room now and say: "Guess what! Your'e a father!" Then I would be paralyzed... I would not even doubt of aborting that child, as I cannot take responsibility for another human beings life, darnit!

yeh, in fact i wonder how extremely young parents cope, i understand that it completely strips you of whatever childhood you have left, either that or it would be a bit weird for your parent to be very childish and act very young.....perhaps? I'm not even sure :/

Though i would like to have a chat with a young mother or father about this subject

Same here. I just don't understand how they can put upp with it! Many get children, few should have the honor of the name parent.

BBBv3.0-BBBv2.0's upgrade Contributor bbbv3.5's Avatar
    I am against and for it...its weird..just like Jacko...

O wait...i hated jacko...

DIE JACKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the oint of having the pain and nothaving a baby.

Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor lotrfan55345's Avatar
    I am completely for it. Specially if the parents are very young. In my opinion, it would be drastically worse for a parent to raise a child improperly, and also do the parents harm, than having a clump of cells with no conciousness and none or barely any brain activity to be terminated.

EDIT: If conservatives really wanted to stop the practive of abortion, abolish the "abstinence only" programmes in US schools, and other countries and freely pass out protection!

Innovator of Violence Contributor evilwill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lotrfan55345
    If conservatives really wanted to stop the practive of abortion, abolish the "abstinence only" programmes in US schools, and other countries and freely pass out protection!
    Depends on the religion. Not a chance in hell you'll ever see catholics handing out condoms.
    ~Evil Will~
    I'm not evil, just morally challenged.

thats a very good point will

Interesting how none of the older members of this forum have posted anything....

Thou shalt not bitch!! Contributor dutchie's Avatar
    Without wanting to come across as an old grandad, I want to say I think it's fantastic to see you guys here talking about this important issue. All of those who posted their views here are below 20 years of age.

And of course you're right! Abortion is no fun party - it is a terrible thing. A traumatic experience to the mother, and very probably also to the foetus. A situation where an abortion is necessary should be avoided at all costs. There are plenty methods of contraception available at the moment, so I really do think kids (and adults) should really live up to their responsibility and think with their heads and not their dicks.

In case of an "accident" there is of course the "morning after" pill. If this was omitted abortion might be seen as the final resort. But for christs sakes, do it quick, and do not wait 3 or 4 months. In Italy abortion up to six (!!) months is legal, and I really have serious doubts about that. When is abortion becoming actual murder?!? Rape cases of course need to be resolved as well -again, as quickly as possible.

Like you guys said, being a father at sixteen is just no real option. Your youth will be gone completely and you will have to take responsibilities you just aren't ready for. I became a father at 34, and even then I was overwhelmed by the responsibility I was suddenly faced with.

In conclusion: Abortion is a terrible thing, but it should be open to use as a final resort, when all other options are no longer available. If you are going to have sex, look before you leap.
    - If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your parents, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT. (Zappa)

Underground Joker Contributor MacRasta's Avatar
    A nice contribution to this thread :

You are NOT the father (check the guy's reaction!)

Pretty funny!!

Mac
    This is inspector Clueseau speeking on the pheune ...

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member mysticalzoe's Avatar
    well I used to believe in abortion I should know I've had a couple, and no it's not fun, and yes I hate myself for admitting this and doing the deed. I got pregnant at the young age of 16, i aborted the baby, i knew at that young age and so did my parents that i could not have taken care of a baby at all, not possible.

The last time I had one was because the baby was not thriving, the heartbeat was below average, and i was bleeding like crazy, to this day, if I even think about that baby, i get very emotional, i really wanted that baby, but I was bleeding for two weeks and the doctor confirmed the baby wasn't thriving. the day i got the abortion, I thought for sure God was going tostrike me down, i prayed all night, i couldn't sleep. I made a promise to myself that after that day i would never do it again, and I didn't, i ended up having two beautiful girls, and now my husband is snipped and we've been fine for two years! you guys have no idea what us women go through when that happens, it's painful physically and emotionally, and we all hate doing it, but sometimes for certain reasons it has to be done!

Jessica

Quote Originally Posted by dutchie
    In conclusion: Abortion is a terrible thing, but it should be open to use as a final resort, when all other options are no longer available. If you are going to have sex, look before you leap.
    Handling another human being is maybe the nearest you can come to the ultimate responsibility. I also say that people should wear condomes if they don't want any kids. But, say you do decide to have a baby. You get laid, and all that, but a mont afterwards you have putten your'e thoughts together, and you discover: "Man! I'm a total fuck up! I can't raise another human being!" shouldn't that person rather have an abortion, then a 18 years regret?

Lepton Boson Muon Guy Contributor Mezurashi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nrj
    You get laid, and all that, but a mont afterwards you have putten your'e thoughts together, and you discover: "Man! I'm a total fuck up! I can't raise another human being!" shouldn't that person rather have an abortion, then a 18 years regret?
    The point I'd like to make is that most 'fuck ups' I have known have not exercised anything like responsibility of forethought, etc.

Those of us who try to be rational and maintain our personal integrity, in other words "do the right thing,' wouldn't be prone to getting into situations where abortion becomes a topic of conversation. Whereas your drunken asshole party people prick (who seems to have a God-given mission to sire as many bastards as possible) is usually one of the contributors to 'questionable' situations.

Ask yourself how many 'parents' out there display integrity in their parenting ... according to the headlines and daily news I see it seems like No One in the USA or Canada is a worthwhile parent.

Yet my parents, despite their flaws, weren't that bad. And neither were the parents of my friends.

too early for this thinking stuff...
    For every human problem there is an easy and simple answer. And it is always wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Ok, you got a point there. But, shouldn it be optional to abort, or should the goverment say yes or no? Note that I am not just talking about the US goverment.

Many get children, few should have the honor of the name parent.
    Thats got to be the wisest thing i have heard in a long time! Nice one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shift
    Thats got to be the wisest thing i have heard in a long time! Nice one!!
    Thank you first time i've been called that! Your'e not that dumb either^^ But, What do you think? Is abortion a goverment issue?

Exiled from AO
    Thank you first time i've been called that! Your'e not that dumb either^^ But, What do you think? Is abortion a goverment issue?
    Maybe you and Red Shift should get a room. After reading this thread i must say i am definitly pro-abortion.
    Last edited by Red Shift; Jun 14th, 2005 at 5:26 PM. Reason: Personal name calling directed at me removed

I take it as an insult, Deathcomet, but here in Gothenburg insulting is a greeting, so I have no hard feelings. It's good to here that you are proabortion, but we have about 6.5 billion people on this planet (man, its crowdy!) banging this knowledge into their heads will take time, most of it will be banging that knowledge into the popes head, LOL.

Nrj, i think ultimatly abortion and whether it should be done and such should be down to the person requesting the abortion. I don not believe the government only want whats best for the people, although this may vary depending upon where you go within the world.

What are your views about the government and abortion?

Sadly though, many goverments decides wether or not a woman can bear a child. This is such a fucked up system! Who are they to judge what is best from each individual?

Lepton Boson Muon Guy Contributor Mezurashi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathCometh
    Maybe you and Red Shift should get a room. After reading this thread i must say i am definitly pro-abortion.
    Then you, my friend, are going to burn in everlasting torment for favouring the murder of the unborn. God does not like you anymore, DeathCometh...Be Afraid Of God...
    For every human problem there is an easy and simple answer. And it is always wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Um... yeah... could we please leave religions out of this discussion, and give moral reasons?

Radioactive Serious Member
    gjkdsfghshfjhgkjjktyuththyjghkjhkffgdfhbfjhytdygjk dsfghshfjhgkjjktyuththyjghkjhkffgdfhbfjhytdygjkdsf ghshfjhgkjjktyuththyjghkjhkffgdfhbfjhytdygjkdsfghs hfjhgkjjktyuththyjghkjhkffgdfhbfjhytdygjkdsfghshfj hgkjjktyuththyjghkjhkffgdfhbfjhytdygjkdsfghshfjhgk jjktyuththyjghkjhkffgdfhbfjhytdygjkdsfghshfjhgkjjk tyuththyjghkjhkffgdfhbfjhytdygjkdsfghshfjhgkjjktyu ththyjghkjhkffgdfhbfjhytdygjkdsfghshfjhgkjjktyutht hyjghkjhkffgdfhbfjhytdygjkdsfghshfjhgkjjktyuththyj ghkjhkffgdfhbfjhytdy
    Last edited by jjserio; Jan 3rd, 2008 at 2:36 PM.

Radioactive Serious Member

Thumbs down abortion

How much fun did the 14 year old girl have while she was concieving the child. I have a 16 year old daughter, her friends are getting norplants, I teach her about abstinance. Condoms at the very least. You need to know there are things ALOT worse than getting pregnant. Pregnancy always carries the option of adoption. If you get AIDS, you die. And no one except God has the right to terminate a life. No one.

Thread Information