Thread: (The Book Of The Necronomicon)

Retired from AO Contributor DmoneyCustoms's Avatar

(The Book Of The Necronomicon)

Disable These Ads!
    (The BooK Of The Necronomicon)

Who has read this book if so I would like to hear your opinions on this book....
    Here I will post one section of it here.

H.P. Lovecraft himself denied the book's existence, but the dreaded NECRONOMICON has finally surfaced. Written in DAMASCUS in the eighth Century A.D. by the "MAD ARAB" Abdul Alhazred, the accursed volume is filled with myths and rituals that have survived the darkest days of magic and occultism-long-forgotten formulae for envoking incredible things, beings, and monsters into physical appearance. Editor Simon overcame huge obstacles during his daring efforts to bring to light this, the most famous, the most potent, and potentially, the most dangerous black book known to the western world..................
    Thats what the back cover of the book says.....
    Dmoney New Global warming page under construction>>>>http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=34082644

Kneel before Zod! Contributor B.NyeTheUruk-Hai's Avatar
    Who has read this book if so I would like to hear your opinions on this book...
    I personally have not read this book. However, Bruce Campbell read this book and he ended up cutting off his hand and replacing it with a chainsaw. Needless to say, I'm reluctant to read it...
    "I am sexually attracted to cheese..." - Cartesiantheater
    "I am well versed in the theory of evolution." - Traveler

Lovecraft made it up or something like that, can't remember exactly. We had a link to a page somewhere in one of these threads which had a website which provided evidence that it's a hoax. You could try searching the forums, but googling it would be easier.
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be."

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
    Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

"Corruption is our protection. Corruption is what keeps us safe and warm. Corruption is why you and I are prancing around here instead of fighting each other for scraps of meat out in the streets. Corruption is why we win. "

Lady of the Banhammer Contributor RavenWhitefang's Avatar
    The beach house next to the lake of fire.
    The rundown of the Necronomicon hoax. I've read it, and not put much stock into the book other than another read. Alot of people like to believe it is real, and there is a religion around centering on the book and its gods.

Thou shalt not bitch!! Contributor dutchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.NyeTheUruk-Hai
    I personally have not read this book. However, Bruce Campbell read this book and he ended up cutting off his hand and replacing it with a chainsaw. Needless to say, I'm reluctant to read it...
    ghe ghe ghe... that's our Bill again...
    - If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your parents, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT. (Zappa)

The Gulf Between Quanta Contributor liberdave's Avatar

Talking

What do you want to know about it? I have read the book and have read reviews by people who have used it for "otherworldly purposes". In what context do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by B.NyeTheUruk-Hai
    And this makes you NOT want to read it? Do you have no sense of adventure?

Kneel before Zod! Contributor B.NyeTheUruk-Hai's Avatar
    And this makes you NOT want to read it? Do you have no sense of adventure?
    You're right! Imagine the incredible things that I could accomplish with a chainsaw for a hand! Why, I could... umm... err... cut down... uh... trees? ALL WILL TREMBLE BEFORE ME !!!
    "I am sexually attracted to cheese..." - Cartesiantheater
    "I am well versed in the theory of evolution." - Traveler

Thou shalt not bitch!! Contributor dutchie's Avatar
    Well, it would certainly come in "handy" when you were the one to cut the roast at the annual "grill-a-hippo" festivities in Southern Zimbabwe...
    - If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your parents, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT. (Zappa)

Laz's Test Bunny Contributor Sammy56's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchie
    Well, it would certainly come in "handy" when you were the one to cut the roast at the annual "grill-a-hippo" festivities in Southern Zimbabwe...
    Yeah, but it would scare the hell out of the neighbors...
    "As far as the stars are from Earth is the distance of your wonderfulness."

"For there is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so..." ~Shakespeare

Dead Meat
    I've read it also, years ago. My dad nearly had apoplexy when he saw the cover and wanted to know if I was becoming a satanist. Ha! Ha! You'd have to know my dad; he's very humorous. Anyway, so far as I could tell, it was supposed to be based upon the ancient Sumarian religion and had many spells for just about everything; the good, the bad, and the ugly. Needless to say, I never experimented with any of the spells. After all, why endanger my immortal soul to horrible elder gods if I don't have to right? I think Bruce Campbell may have had the right idea. If this is a hoax, I woulnd'nt be able to tell you. I'm a history buff, but know very little about ancient Sumeria's religious beliefs. Sorry I couldn't help.

I have read the book and the spells that are in it its just an unusual book, thanks for some background info i seen on some of the post on this thread

While reading the book I did run across some family problems tho they where pretty bad then when I stopped reading it everything got better but one thing is for sure it took me a while to read it lol cause all the family problems.... oh well I guess it just a book of one persons opinion.
    Dmoney New Global warming page under construction>>>>http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=34082644

(Nothing Award Winner) Red Shift's Avatar
    what sort of spells are in it?

Im guessing i can't buy this in the local bookstore?

Sith Lord Contributor Marajadex's Avatar
    Yes RS you should be able to get it in just about any book store, probably could order it on line. I found a copy at a used book store. Still havn't read it yet cause I am just damn lazy.

I did however read HR Geiger's version of the Necronomicon.

"So life's a bitch. What do you want to do, cry about it?" Lt. Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace

(Nothing Award Winner) Red Shift's Avatar
    oh right, sweet

/me plans a trip to the store!
    Nasik is the most awesome member on AO!!!!
    I've got 555-PNinja on speed dial...

From what I remember the spells were basically calling upon spirits to do shit for you. Such as all the way from helping you with romance to helping you get revenge upon someone.
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be."

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
    Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

"Corruption is our protection. Corruption is what keeps us safe and warm. Corruption is why you and I are prancing around here instead of fighting each other for scraps of meat out in the streets. Corruption is why we win. "

Sith Lord Contributor Marajadex's Avatar
    I have to dig both the Necronomicon and Gigers Necronomicon out of my storage unit... enough of the talk here has got me courious to see what else is in it. Hey Pete... Picked up a copy yet???
    "So life's a bitch. What do you want to do, cry about it?" Lt. Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace

Enough with the conjecture! You tell ME what you think.
    http://www.keltart.com/necronomicon/pdf/necrosimon.pdf

edit: Wow... over 150 hits in 2 days and no one has commented? (or is everyone summoning the godform Shub Niggurath and found themselves possessed?)
    second edit 7/1/05 ok guys... another 53 hits in 7 days? noone else has shit to say? interesting....

"Oh I will walk among your dreams
    When you think you are asleep
    The invitation of your mind
    Beckons me to your sin
    All the things that you say and feel
    become possession...."
    (couldn't resist)
    Last edited by liberdave; Jul 2nd, 2005 at 2:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liberdave
    Enough with the conjecture! You tell ME what you think.
    http://www.keltart.com/necronomicon/pdf/necrosimon.pdf

edit: Wow... over 150 hits in 2 days and no one has commented? (or is everyone summoning the godform Shub Niggurath and found themselves possessed?)
    Liberdave,
    Thanks for the link i did download it im yet to read the 146 pages lol but i will read it and again thanks

Dark Warrior Contributor VegasRonin's Avatar
    second edit 7/1/05 ok guys... another 53 hits in 7 days? noone else has shit to say? interesting....
    That's because people were going to advise you that the book is a hoax but since someone already did, they left well enough alone.
    Life is a Tragedy to those who feel,and a Comedy to those who think.The Coolest Link.

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member
    i DID A SPELL WITH THE MOST BENEVELENT OF THE 50 spirits 2 years ago and it backfired.........................it was terrible exactly the opposite of what i wanted happened.

You did? What kind of system did you use?

Thread Information