Lucky survivor Seasoned Member

Chemtrails are killing us.

Disable These Ads!
    Watch them spray here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9alOdOZpTc

Karma caster Contributor
    You spammed the same shit at amkon.

Dr Strangelove Contributor Smersh's Avatar
    There's a Facebook group called "Chemtrails Are Killing Us" (CAKU) and I'm a member of it. A couple of years ago it was run by chemtrail believing derp enthusiasts, but since then, that's not the case. A sensible person (don't know who) was a member and managed to become an admin, then immediately booted out all the existing admins and appointed 32 more, all rational thinkers. (To make up the magic number of 33, geddit? ;) )

What still happens, even to this day is that unsuspecting people who have fallen for the chemtrail hoax wander in, thinking it's one of their echo chambers, but are then subjected to loads of science and mountains of proof that chemtrails are a hoax. Also memes taking the piss. Usually they soon rage quit, but what makes it worthwhile is that a few actually do realise that they've fallen for a hoax and some them hang around, to join the rational guys in debunking the hoax. :)
    Pobody's nerfect

Queen of Blades Administrator Diamond Dragon's Avatar
    There's so many damned hoaxes and bullshit out there that the only thing I firmly believe going on is "divide and conquer" of the people with most of the people doing it to themselves with this bullshit. Yes quite a few conspiracy theories were proven true. I don't argue that. I have seen contrails develop into clouds, I don't deny that. I know they were seeding clouds when I was a kid, it was all over the local news every time they did it. Is any of it dangerous? It's possible. Is any of it nothing to worry about? That's possible too. I don't completely trust my own government so it's not a far stretch for me to imagine it's possible.

But for me that's where it stops. I believe it's possible and that is a factual thought...anything beyond that is speculation.

To be honest I think both sides of this are ridiculous; those that believe dangerous chemtrails are occurring damn near every time a plane flies and those that believe their respective governments would never do something like that. Considering what our governments have done in the past and what they are doing now I wouldn't put it past them.
    "Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts." ~ Bernard Baruch
    "Liberal hopes need to be matched by conservative caution." ~ Martin Peretz
    FEEL THE BERN! Bernie Sanders for President 2016!!!

Chemtrails, as claimed by the conspiracy theorists (ie there's a worldwide conspiracy to spray us all with poison from 30,000 feet) are not physically possible though DD.

Also cloud seeding has nothing to do with contrails from planes.

I can explain why all that is if you like. :)
    Pobody's nerfect

If you'll note I purposely left out any mention of altitude in my beliefs as well as used the term "contrails" separately. I've flown GA at VFR and while that doesn't touch flying thermos bottles I do have a general idea of what goes on above the ground.

No government who wants to kill copious amounts of people needs that high an altitude unless they want to save their planes and pilots while they are dropping atomic bombs. In fact, the biggest weakness in any debunkers theory that chemtrails are not possible is focusing on cruising altitude and the jet stream. No one needs either of those to spread toxic chemicals and all one needs to do to consider "chemtrails" as possible is look at skywriters. If they can spray oil on a hot manifold to make smoke it's not unpossible for something more nefarious to be concocted using a similar system to mask the spray behind smoke.

I know about both cloud seeding and chemtrails and didn't mean to imply they were both the same. However, you are also in general including a government that has made a habit of denying chemical spreading via plane such as Agent Orange and napalm so please don't try to convince me other methods and chemicals aren't possible because they are. How long did my government(and to a lesser extent the Australian government) deny Agent Orange existed?

If you ask me how tight my tin foil is I can solidly tell you "not very". I don't sit here mired in paranoia that every move the government makes has a conspiracy agenda attached to it. I'll save that for Icke, Jones and other professional propagandists and their sheep. My belief stands firmly in "it's possible" and just mentioning Agent Orange should be enough to prove that I'm firmly grounded in reality on this.

Don't forget that most conspiracy theories involving chemicals begin with the military and don't become public until babies are born unhealthy and/or large amounts people get sick. Eventually when the rumors become so overpowering they can't be ignored that's usually when the "secret" documents begin to appear. My government is a huge purveyor of bullshit so again, it's "possible". Is it likely currently? Probably not at this time but I'm not going to bet it would never be.

In part my cousin hanging himself in a VA hospital from Agent Orange exposure helped bring about the truth in that conspiracy theory so don't ever tell me nothing is possible because I know for a fact it can be.
    "Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts." ~ Bernard Baruch

Ok first of all, I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. My condolences. I also have at least some idea of how you feel (although this happened a very long time ago now,) because my mother committed suicide when I was only 10 years old, because my dad was having an affair with my aunt. I came home from school one day during lunch time and she didn't answer the front door. (I didn't have a key.) I looked through the front window and saw her lying on the floor, so I alerted a neighbour who called the police. She had gassed herself.

These things leave a scar for life on all those close to the person involved and just with the tragic case of your brother, the same applies to me re my mother.

Ok I'll post that to start with and if you'll bear with me I'll explain all the reasons why chemtrails are a hoax (Might take a while but I'll be as brief as I can.) I'll cover Agent Orange as well …
    Pobody's nerfect

I'm retired and probably have too much time on my hands. ;) Some of that has been spent online debunking the chemtrail claims and as I've been doing that for a couple of years or so now, have found out quite a bit about what the claims are. I've also learned a fair bit about the science of contrail formation.

(Basically, contrails consisting of trails of cirrus cloud, created by airliners and other planes as a by-product of jet travel are what the believers think are “chemtrails” and form the basis of this belief. I do realise by the way DD, that you know that spraying from high altitude is nonsense, but that's the chemtrail believers' general view, ie that they are. The reason I'd like to make these posts is also for the benefit of others who might read it, who are wondering about the chemtrail claims.)

Why do I do this, you might ask? Good question. If some people wish to carry on with the delusion that thousands of planes are flying all over world 24/7, spraying toxic chemicals over everyone below and post millions of words in forums, blogs and social media etc about it, just let them get on with it as they are not doing anyone else any harm and I've got better things to do.

That's what I thought, until I realised that these claims are actually dangerous, because for several years now, a number of the more extreme nutters out there have been threatening to try to shoot down airliners (which of course, they believe to be evil gubbmint “chemtrail” planes,) murdering hundreds of innocent people in the process, by acquiring rocket launchers and blinding pilots with lasers and so on. They have also made threats of violence against pilots at airports and meteorologists on TV weather stations.

Here's just one example of that, out of thousands of others. This one was posted to a Facebook group called “Chemtrails Global Skywatch.” http://archive.is/crkSs

Here's a thread in a forum that was started in 2011 and is still getting posts to this day, showing hundreds of screenshots of these threats from social media, forums, blogs, Youtube comments etc etc:

https://www.metabunk.org/advocating-...ebunkers.t251/

Ok that's the reasons why quite few people debunk the claims. Hang on and I'll (eventually) make another post with the debunking itself ...
    Pobody's nerfect

Beg your pardon by the way. The loss of your cousin, not your brother (Not sure what made me think he was your brother.)
    Pobody's nerfect

Roger on my cousin. I figured it was a brain fart. Sorry about your mom, that fucking sucks. I didn't find my cousin. The belief is that he went to the hospital to do it so that his wife and son wouldn't find him. My cousin had been diagnosed with spinal cancer if I remember correctly and on top of the horrible symptoms of Agent Orange which in part take your "manhood" away he just couldn't take it nor the denial and lack of treatment by the VA anymore. He told them he felt suicidal so they'd admit him and he proved he was by doing it under their "care".

Shit, I haven't been on Metabunk in ages! While I did enjoy the site ages ago they at least at the time saw black or white and no gray so I left. The world is not an all or nothing state and never will be. Being inflexible is being ill-informed and I saw a lot of hypocrisy going on.

As far as the debunking bring it but please if you have links to those studies to back it stick them in your post. Even more dangerous than paranoid whackjobs threatening to shoot planes is the stupidity of the masses that causes that to happen in the first place and this is my biggest complaint with "truther" sites and opinions posing as facts. MM and I get into this frequently. Purposely misleading people with "opinions' mired in bullshit is just as dangerous as the mass media exploiting the apathy of the people and the easily mislead.

My biggest pet peeve with "you guys" as in the chemtrail debunkers and other similar sites and conspiracies is while the debunking appears rational the destroying of the blind and mislead is anything but. This is why I've all but pulled away from "truther" and debunker sites in general and why I put the clamp down on trolling here; we need to educate the people in becoming stronger in integrity and conviction, not destroy them to win the battle then lose the war. That's why I'm just as insistent that governments don't need cruising altitudes to "chemtrail" people because GA's(general aviation aka little planes) are doing similar skywriting. I know, skywriting oil is burned off and isn't the "same" but I'm stating in general that something similar throws in some doubt for me. If they felt comfortable in lying about Agent Orange for decades I wouldn't put it past them to be doing something else.

I forgot to mention the Hueys spreading it too. The US was an equal opportunity chemical warfare spreader.

Anyway, as you can see from the pic their are "chemtrails" but nothing like what nutters describe and not exactly what a skywriter is doing. I'm looking at the possibility that something similar can be cooked up, pardon the pun. Anything is possible meaning you can't 100% debunk the possibility that this can't be developed if it hasn't been already.

Is every commercial jet flying around spewing thousands of gallons of poisonous chemicals out clouds of jet exhaust to land on us unsuspecting people? LOL nope!
    Last edited by Diamond Dragon; Jun 10th, 2016 at 2:50 PM.

The basic claim from the chemtrail believers and the one that crops up constantly, is that “contrails can't persist” and “always disappear within a couple of minutes,” or “a few seconds” and that the trails that hang around, go back for dozens of miles and spread wider and wider are “chemtrails.” Those claims are nonsense, because contrails are simply cirrus clouds, consisting of ice crystals and created like this:

Just as clouds can, they can disappear quickly or hang around for many hours. It all depends on the atmospheric conditions at the altitude and location where an aircraft is flying. In conditions of very high humidity, coupled with extremely cold temperatures, the trails will persist for a long time and spread wider and wider. So as far as the “chemtrail” claims are concerned:

The science of contrail formation has been understood for a great many years. For example, here's one of several peer reviews:
    Contrail Microphysics

An Appleman Chart is used for predicting the formation of persistent contrails, based on atmospheric conditions. Here's a page from NASA explaining it:
    http://science-edu.larc.nasa.gov/con...an_student.php

As pointed out then, science shows that what's claimed by some to be “chemtrails,” are in fact contrails. (To see lots of photos of contrails, just go to Google Images and type in “chemtrails.”) Apart from science though, there are at least a couple of other factors that show how the chemtrail claims are false, ie aircraft carrying capacity and logistics. Re aircraft carrying capacity, here's another peer review. This one was published in 1972 - some 25 years before the first claims about “chemtrails” began to appear:
    Measurements of the Growth of the Ice Budget in a Persisting Contrail

Take a look at this diagram shown on the above pdf:

It shows a Sabreliner, used in that experiment and which has a maximum payload of 2,000 lbs. The persistent contrail created by that aircraft weighed 66,000 lbs per kilometer. A trail stretching back dozens, or in some cases hundreds of miles weighs thousands of tons. Even the aircraft with the largest cargo capacity in the world, the Antonov An-225, can only take off carrying a maximum of 250 tonnes:
    http://www.aerospace-technology.com/...craft-4589609/

As for logistics, the pilots of thousands of planes are not flying all over the world 24/7, spraying toxic chemicals over their own families and themselves, whilst the millions of people in the global aviation industry who would know about it don't say a dicky bird! Basically:

So that's it really. (I could have mentioned quite a few other things and given loads more links, and can in further posts if anyone wishes, but all that above explains it as briefly as I can, without going on for ever, why chemtrails are a hoax.)

As for Agent Orange DD, it does get mentioned by chemtrail believers sometimes, who don't have a clue what they are talking about, but as you and I both understand, it was used as a defoliant during wartime at low altitudes of a few hundred feet and not at the cruising altitude of airliners of around 30,000 feet. The reason being of course, that spraying anything from that altitude would all disperse in the prevailing winds and be spread over hundreds or thousands of square miles by the time it reached the ground and have no effect whatsoever, like trying to kill a mosquito with fly spray from the far side of a football stadium.

That said though, I'm not sure what you mean by not ruling out some conspiracy by whoever, to spray the general population with poison. Wouldn't this be easily noticeable, ie low-flying aircraft spraying stuff, then people being sprayed getting sick afterwards? How could it be done in secret? (In countries such as the US or the UK during peacetime for example, in heavily populated areas and not in say, Vietnam in remote jungle areas during a war?)

Incidentally, the British government were involved in germ war tests over the UK, between 1940 and 1979 and no doubt other governments have done equally nasty things before now:
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...medicalscience

But we are now in an age of instant global communication with the internet and cameraphones. Surely if something like that were to take place now, it would be all over Youtube and social media within minutes wouldn't it?
    Pobody's nerfect

Quote Originally Posted by Smersh View Post
    So that's it really. (I could have mentioned quite a few other things and given loads more links, and can in further posts if anyone wishes, but all that above explains it as briefly as I can, without going on for ever, why chemtrails are a hoax.)
    Quite frankly you can go on as long as you want as I'm sure there are others reading here that could use some edumacation about it, or agree with you or may even have something that counters you. I'm not going to believe everything but the board has never been about "me" and I am welcoming and grateful of the fresh, well thought out and well presented material that I can't immediately jump on.

like trying to kill a mosquito with fly spray from the far side of a football stadium.
    Bingo. Cruising altitude is not a place for a successful chemical dump in the general sense. However, I'd never completely close the door on it. I'll let George Carlin explain why as well as show that it's already happened for decades below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rlqjxst6xU

Notwithstanding, war is our largest job and profit creator. When a president wants his cronies stock values and profits to go up he creates a war and/or sells arms to another country fighting a war we agree with. Hell, we stole Hitler's nerve gas and created fertilizer out of it!

That said though, I'm not sure what you mean by not ruling out some conspiracy by whoever, to spray the general population with poison. Wouldn't this be easily noticeable, ie low-flying aircraft spraying stuff, then people being sprayed getting sick afterwards? How could it be done in secret? (In countries such as the US or the UK during peacetime for example, in heavily populated areas and not in say, Vietnam in remote jungle areas during a war?)
    No evil creation for war was created by staying within practical parameters. Look at the incredible expense, risk, failures and secrecy of and from millions of people it took to create the two nuclear bombs dropped on Japan. That alone should tell you that if a government wants to bad enough, they will figure out a way to develop it. So yes, it is possible and it is this belief that I base my opinion on. By the way, the first test of an atomic bomb(Trinity) was explained to the public like this:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/3985...s_newsjournal/

Alamogordo, N.M., July 16

The commanding officer of the Alamogordo Army Air Base made the following statement today: "Several inquiries have been received concerning a heavy explosion which occurred on the Alamogordo Air base reservation this morning. A remotely located ammunition magazine containing a considerable amount of high explosives and pyrotechnics exploded. There was no loss of life or injury to anyone, and the property damage outside of the explosives magazine was negligible. Weather conditions affecting the content of gas shells exploded by the blast may make it desirable for the Army to evacuate temporarily a few civilians from their homes."
    Cattle were burned by the explosion fallout and a hot spot of fallout fell in Indiana(winds aloft, the jet stream, a plane at cruising altitude isn't needed just good science) that contaminated water used by Kodak in making film there as well as the corn husks they used for packing material. It contaminated the film. Later tests in Nevada caused fallout in Rochester, NY coincidentally near another Kodak plant. It literally snowed radioactive fallout there during a heavy snow storm.

These tests were conducted in the mid 40s to the early 50s and it wasn't until the mid 50s that they were forced by Kodak threatening a lawsuit to warn the film industry, secretly. It wasn't until late 60s that they started warning the people. Film and profits before people.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news...-industry-knew

Senator Harkin's remarks about dairy farms and children reveals the dark side of this story. It's not enough that the AEC was knowingly releasing fallout into American skies, but that one of the side effects they were aware of was that it could enter the food supply, and potentially cause long term health problems. The I-131 would fall on the ground, be eaten by cattle through radioactive feed, and through their milk, be passed on to the public. Your thyroid needs iodine to function, so it builds up stores of iodine from the environment, and high concentrations of I-131 are directly linked to higher risks of radiogenic thyroid cancer -- especially from exposure during childhood. And that's exactly what happened to thousands of American children.
    http://www.brookings.edu/about/proje...weapons/box7-5

..Thus, beginning with the Operation Greenhouse series of tests in 1951 at Enewetak (and continuing presumably until the end of atmospheric testing in 1962), this industry knew in advance when a test would occur, where the fallout was expected to go, and, most important, where it went. Yet citizens living downwind of (and in closer proximity to) the test site, particularly in Nevada and Utah, were never given any such detailed early warnings...
    In closing, that's how the government can do it in secret upon thousands and thousands of people using the high altitude of the jet stream, because they have knowingly done it before. They were able to warn film production companies accurately. So while claiming a "chemtrail" may not be possible is accurate, it is VERY inaccurate to claim the dumping of toxic and poisonous substances upon the people in target areas from high altitudes is not. The science has been possible for over 60 years.

Incidentally, the British government were involved in germ war tests over the UK, between 1940 and 1979 and no doubt other governments have done equally nasty things before now:
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...medicalscience
    We also have "Operation Sea Spray" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sea-Spray

Operation Sea-Spray was a U.S. Navy secret experiment in which Serratia marcescens and Bacillus globigii bacteria were sprayed over the San Francisco Bay Area in California.
    Both countries conducted the DICE trials: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...medicalscience

We even used ships close to shore to do it "secretly":

http://priceonomics.com/how-the-us-g...al-warfare-on/

But we are now in an age of instant global communication with the internet and cameraphones. Surely if something like that were to take place now, it would be all over Youtube and social media within minutes wouldn't it?
    Much of our technology comes from military developments first so don't you think it possible they've already got something "better" up their sleeve? With a history like I've shown above I wouldn't put it past them. Chemtrail debunkers seem to be satisfied by focusing on a small bit of the bigger picture and while that's not inaccurate wearing blinders and/or ignoring other ways to creatively make people sick and kill them via high altitudes and alternative spraying methods shows how easily certain "truther" groups can mislead themselves or at least claim superiority over purposeful ignorance. You seem to be refreshingly open to at least considering other alternatives.
    Last edited by Diamond Dragon; Jun 10th, 2016 at 11:03 PM.

One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Its like the Yellowstone cover up, virtually thousands of government employees following orders to deny a super eruption in the near future. ( for reasons that defy logic) as well as the FEMA camps.... it seems a part of humanity( those living in moms basement) have created their golden calf to worship, a reason to get out of bed each day.

But to some extent I know what the government is capable of after my stint in south east Asia, in as much that people do not matter in the course of wielding power to maintain control and forge the reasons to wage war. Its probably just this aspect of government that breeds these conspiracy groups. Logic and reason get lost in the shuffle.
    Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem....

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dragon View Post
    ... No evil creation for war was created by staying within practical parameters. Look at the incredible expense, risk, failures and secrecy of and from millions of people it took to create the two nuclear bombs dropped on Japan. That alone should tell you that if a government wants to bad enough, they will figure out a way to develop it. So yes, it is possible and it is this belief that I base my opinion on. By the way, the first test of an atomic bomb(Trinity) was explained to the public like this:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/3985...s_newsjournal/ ...
    Yes doesn't surprise me. At that stage the bomb was still a secret (even though, as it turned out, the Manhattan Project had been leaked to the Russians by Klaus Fuchs) and hadn't been used in anger, but a huge explosion was heard and the papers had to report something.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dragon View Post
    ... Much of our technology comes from military developments first so don't you think it possible they've already got something "better" up their sleeve? ...
    Quite possibly, but anything that's visible and done at low level over heavily populated areas would still be picked up by thousands of camera phones I reckon. It would have to be something that can't be seen I think. Also, what with Wikileaks, and everything else on the internet instantly available, ie Youtube, Twitter etc etc such a conspiracy would have to be absolutely watertight as it's far easier for people to blow whistles these days imo. All the surveillance that's done against people by governments works both ways - governments themselves are subject to massively more scrutiny these days than was the case in the old days when we just had tv, radio and newspapers. I think governments are also pretty incompetent generally, and can't keep many secrets for long in the instant global information age we are in now.

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    Its like the Yellowstone cover up, virtually thousands of government employees following orders to deny a super eruption in the near future. ( for reasons that defy logic) ...
    Yes, in the case of the chemtrail claims, of a worldwide conspiracy to poison people from the air, agreed to by every government in the world and that's been going on 24/7 for about the last 20 years, it's a staggering number of people who would have to keep quiet, numbering many millions. Pilots, maintenance engineers, aircraft manufacturing staff, air traffic controllers, component vendors, loaders and ops planners amongst others. On top of that (if the chemtrail claims were true) there would be the chemical suppliers and delivery drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    ... it seems a part of humanity( those living in moms basement) have created their golden calf to worship, a reason to get out of bed each day ...
    The chemtrail claims almost always come from rich Western countries, where people have relatively little to worry about, so it seems they have to fantasise about something that doesn't exist. People in poor Third World countries have REAL issues, such as where the next meal is coming from, or if their village is about to be taken over by a bunch of religious extremists and so on ...

Earlier today, the loonies at Chemtrail Global Skywatch decided to invade Erin Brockovich's Facebook page and post loads of stupid "chemtrail" comments, after she posted a photo of a beautiful red sunset. Here's the post at CGS:
    http://archive.is/9i04e

Her science adviser, Robert Bowcock sent me a friend request a couple of years ago after they went on her page on another post, and several of us debunkers went on there to counter the nutters. Then he joined our science group after we added him, and we all had quite a long discussion. Anyway, I sent him a pm this morning warning him that they were back on Erin's page and now he's deleting all their stupid comments.

The chemmies often invade those kind of pages though, especially weather pages etc with posts showing clouds that "look funny" and so on, after they get shared in one of their stupid groups. Not just weather pages though - a while back they all turned up on a firefighters' page, after a post appeared there showing various fire engines, that happened to have a contrail in the sky above them. Vin Diesel also posted a promotional photo a few weeks ago, for his next "XXX" movie, showing him making an "X" with his fingers standing under a sky with two contrails crossing. (He's not a chemtrail believer, but possibly knew his post would attract tons of comments ;) And Lady Gaga's page after she posted a photo of her outside, under a sky with some scary (to the chemmies that is) clouds ... the stupid is just never ending!
    Pobody's nerfect

That's where I have to draw the line. It's one thing to want to get your word out there, it's quite another to shove it down people's throats. No matter how true it may be, if someone tries forcing their BS on me I'm liable to tell them where to go.

Thread Information