Thread: North Korea (again) vows 'unprecedented' action against South

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member scratbox's Avatar

North Korea (again) vows 'unprecedented' action against South

Disable These Ads!
    North Korea has warned of "unprecedented" action against South Korea's ruling establishment, amid tough rhetoric between the two sides.

A special operation to begin "soon" would "reduce its target to ashes", the military said in a statement.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17810198

Any thoughts on this? More sabre rattling? This all coming just after
    China's most senior foreign diplomat, Dai Bingguo, told North Korean visiting official Kim Yong-il that it would "push friendly and co-operative China-North Korean relations to a new level"
    With Chinese/Russian navy drills, US/Phillipine navy drills and China now asserting it's claim to one shoal, having a stand off with the latter just last week, the South China Sea seems to be a bit of a flashpoint waiting to happen.

Or is it just me?

I love how reporters use the word: 'vow'.

It's like; what's that? Ohh, you mean a promise or an assurement? This isn't The Marvel Universe.

NK waits for Winter to wane, then basically sabre-rattles the rest of the year. That's their MO. SK has a lovely assortment of Hyunmoo 3 cruise-missiles aimed at the North, who can't even launch a missile correctly. The kids-at-the-end-of-my-street forgot more about rocket-technology than NK will ever dream of acquiring.

Iam puppy, hear me yap. Contributor lycanox's Avatar
    Its just the new leader for life proving to its generals that he has the guts. While continuing the old N.Korean tradition of blackmailing the world with superweapons for food aid.

And North Korea actually already succesfully launched a missile over Japan a couple of years back. So I would not say that their missle program is harmless.
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/139/8/a/logo_by_lycanox.png

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member scratbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lycanox View Post
    North Korea actually already succesfully launched a missile over Japan a couple of years back. So I would not say that their missle program is harmless.
    That and they have enough artillery trained on Seoul to wipe it off the map in a few minutes.

Thread Information