Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Police Brutality Thread

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member sweetvelocity's Avatar
    Disable These Ads!
    This man had a split second and in that time he had to put up his hands as a gun was being pointed at his head and grab his dog all while keeping his hands in the air. He was coming out from his fenced in yard through a gate that he did not have time to shut because a cop put a gun in his face. I am all for responsible dog ownership but be logical please. The dog was shot dead in his own yard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1Dc5xTwVGdI
    " Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's brains and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead." Arundhati Roy

FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    This is not about bashing the police.
    It really is about bashing them if all you post are the negatives... Bad cops SHOULD be thrown into the spotlight but it should be stated that for every bad cop decision there are hundreds of thousands of GOOD decisions.

The dog owner in the video was an irresponsible pet owner.
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

This man had a split second and in that time he had to put up his hands as a gun was being pointed at his head and grab his dog all while keeping his hands in the air.
    Actually, he had ALL DAY to put his fucking dog on a leash... If he wasnt an irresponsible, inconsiderate pet owner his dog would still be alive. If your dog has access to the public put it on a leash... and it looks like he was shot in the drive way, well beyond the gate that the owner left open and should have closed to keep the public safe from his dog and his dog safe from the public...

Dont get me wrong, I love dogs... and cats... I have almost always had one or the other or both. But I know the potential consequences of letting them roam freely... As a jogger I also know how infuriating it is when assholes dont keep their dogs on leashes.

edit:
    And this is HARDLY an incident of a bad or mean officer. He was actually quite cordial after the incident despite the irresponsible owner being a super asshole(he just lost his dog so its understandable that he was an asshole). The cop clearly felt bad about killing the dog.

Karma caster Contributor
    Clearly... No doubt he stays up at night haunted by his own actions.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Karma caster Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximumPain View Post

Was she actually harmed?
    Oh yes. She is having nightmares. I imagine she will for a long while. God knows she'll never ever trust a cop again. Ever. It was over kill. The parents should of been called first to remove their child from school. Lord knows it happens every day without resorting to calling the police.

I have kids and many of my friends have kids and an incident like that has NEVER HAPPENED to any of us or our kids....
    Oh good the ostrich theory. If you don't see it and it doesn't happen to you then it doesn't happen. How quaint. Well let me attempt to assure that just because it doesn't happen to you does not mean it does not happen.

going back to my own time in school nothing like that ever happened!
    Bullshit... it is always a same shit different day. That kind of shit happened in school in the past only the cops wern't called... the school called the parents and they took their way ward child away. Fucking A.... I remember one time in school a girl had pepper spray... I did not know what pepper spray was in the 5th grade. I sprayed some. It did not seem to affect me much (stuffy nose I guess) but I did evacuate the class. Princable found out talked to us both. I learned to never touch other peoples shit and she was told to leave her spray at home. Case closed. Shit happens in schools... Calling the cops to handle school discipline.... sounds like a weak school not fit to watch over your children for 8 hours a day... god knows I would not send my child to such a school... then again I wouldn't trust any public school...

So what the fuck is wrong with that little girl!! Are we supposed to just let her get away with acting like that? You can come up with much better situations to make your case then that cant you?
    I never said the child should be allowed to freak out uncontrolled... cops and cuffs and charges... over kill. I mean one must wonder if the cuffs even fit her tiny 6 year old wrists... Thank god the officer didn't taze/mace her... lord knows cops will tazemace children just like her. When cops find that kind of thing acceptable the system is broken. Baddly broken,

Put me up against a 6 year old any day of the week at my sickest and I would still be able to restrain a six year old. Cuffs?

No... I suspect the officer had no mediation training but instead was taught to resort to force first... which seems to be the case in the majority of law enforcement departments these days.

Back when I went to school the cop only showed up on wensdays to do the D.A.R.E. classes and the teachers and princables never had to call the cops. Not for fights, Not for lewd Twitter photos, Not for drugs.... and I know things have changed... back then though, the teachers and princables would of handled things... these days they call cops and cops have become ill trained to be aggresive and dangerous toward the public they are meant to protect....only... they are not meant to protect us... the supremem court already ruled that cops have no duty to protect anyone... their job according to SCOTUS is to enforce the law. No less no more, no obligation to the public past enforcement of the law....

Which is what you do MP.

YOu are a cog in that system.

You are on the ass end of enforcement however being in the sherriffs department I am sure you have room for advancement should you express the ambition and ability... Patrol... yeah budy... then you can take the convict world to the street. I hope not though. I hope you get wise. I know other ex enforcement... They don't hate me when I say pig. They understand. They left for reason of the flaws in the system

Bad training makes bad cops.... And Bad training has become the prefered norm.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Karma caster Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeAfraid View Post
    Bad cops SHOULD be thrown into the spotlight

That is rarely the case.

It really is about bashing them if all you post are the negatives... Bad cops SHOULD be thrown into the spotlight but it should be stated that for every bad cop decision there are hundreds of thousands of GOOD decisions.

The dog owner in the video was an irresponsible pet owner.
    Yes yes. How dare that shitty dog owner play Frisbee with his dog in his own fenced in back yard. Maybe next time he will learn to keep the damn thing in the house. So when the cops bust through the door they can shoot it in the head in the living room instead of his back yard.
    " Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's brains and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead." Arundhati Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    Oh yes. She is having nightmares. I imagine she will for a long while. God knows she'll never ever trust a cop again. Ever. It was over kill. The parents should of been called first to remove their child from school. Lord knows it happens every day without resorting to calling the police.
    Apparently the mom was called and didn't answer. Its ok behavior like this is a parenting fail not a problem with the school or the cops. I doubt she would have trusted a cop anyway. She was so violent that she harmed the principle. Im sure you're saying to yourself "but she is a 6 year old girl why cant they just restrain her... then she gets a bruise and they get sued. If an adult behaved like that they would be arrested so this little girl was shown what happens to people who act out in a violent way. And she was not harmed (the nightmare excuse is a bunch of BULLSHIT if ever there was one... makes you sound like a pussy ass liberal Anarch and I know you aren't one of them).

Oh good the ostrich theory. If you don't see it and it doesn't happen to you then it doesn't happen. How quaint. Well let me attempt to assure that just because it doesn't happen to you does not mean it does not happen.
    No ones hiding (well actually Ostriches put their ear to the ground to listen not to hide but dont let that stop you from using the wrong analogy lol). Just because it doesn't happen to anyone I know doesn't mean it never happens. But just because the cops come and take a kid away doesn't mean they didn't deserve it.... most of the time they did and I want that service and protection for my own (well behaved ) kids. Little shit bags that think they own the place and think they can act out anytime they want piss me off and they should piss you off too. Really the outrage here should be at the parents who would allow their child to act like this and then blame the system. Do your kids throw tantrums in school Anarch?

Bullshit... it is always a same shit different day. That kind of shit happened in school in the past only the cops wern't called... the school called the parents and they took their way ward child away. Fucking A.... I remember one time in school a girl had pepper spray... I did not know what pepper spray was in the 5th grade. I sprayed some. It did not seem to affect me much (stuffy nose I guess) but I did evacuate the class. Princable found out talked to us both. I learned to never touch other peoples shit and she was told to leave her spray at home. Case closed. Shit happens in schools... Calling the cops to handle school discipline.... sounds like a weak school not fit to watch over your children for 8 hours a day... god knows I would not send my child to such a school... then again I wouldn't trust any public school...
    Sounds like you both cooperated when you were caught so no cops were needed. If you would have gotten violent and started hurting people you would have talked to the cops. So where did you learn to just deal with authority? I bet your parents taught you that... to bad for that little girl that her parents weren't that thoughtful to give her a very necessary survival skill for our modern society.
    Hopefully she has learned that getting violent can force you to deal with the cops.

I never said the child should be allowed to freak out uncontrolled... cops and cuffs and charges... over kill. I mean one must wonder if the cuffs even fit her tiny 6 year old wrists... Thank god the officer didn't taze/mace her... lord knows cops will tazemace children just like her. When cops find that kind of thing acceptable the system is broken. Baddly broken,

Put me up against a 6 year old any day of the week at my sickest and I would still be able to restrain a six year old. Cuffs?
    Just the idea that you think most cops would taze or mace a 6 year old makes me sick.... for you Anarch. Yes it happens but there is a reason why its a big deal when it does because its wrong and most normal people know that including cops. There is also a reason why you dont hear about all the people who are tazed and maced every day for resisting arrest... because its used as a lesser force option... lesser then the billy club or 9mm.

No... I suspect the officer had no mediation training but instead was taught to resort to force first... which seems to be the case in the majority of law enforcement departments these days.
    Actually you have no idea what went on you're just showing a knee jerk reaction hatred of cops and assuming they did wrong.

Back when I went to school the cop only showed up on wensdays to do the D.A.R.E. classes and the teachers and princables never had to call the cops. Not for fights, Not for lewd Twitter photos, Not for drugs.... and I know things have changed... back then though, the teachers and princables would of handled things... these days they call cops and cops have become ill trained to be aggresive and dangerous toward the public they are meant to protect....only... they are not meant to protect us... the supremem court already ruled that cops have no duty to protect anyone... their job according to SCOTUS is to enforce the law. No less no more, no obligation to the public past enforcement of the law....
    Did you guys throw furniture and harm other people? Gee I wonder why you never talked to the cops except on Wednesdays! There is an escalation policy that includes calling the police when a kid becomes uncontrollable. Honestly I would have tried to restrain the girl myself had I been the principle.... but then you would probably be reading about how the principle abused an innocent little girl that about how a cop cuffed an innocent little girl. Sp whats the answer? Expel the little girl for the safety of the other kids and staff? Seems like the only solution in your world. Send her to a special school designed for troubled kids so she can get some psychological help? Obviously her parents are more interested in milking the system then creating a human being that can function in our society.
    Oh and last I checked assaulting people and destroying property is against the law whether you're 6 or 60.

Which is what you do MP.
    What is it I do? I just want to let myself know for future reference.

[quote]
    YOu are a cog in that system. [/quote You mean the system that arrests killers and thieves so you and your family can live in relative peace? I know I know you have a gun and think you're all bad ass... all ready to shoot and kill someone who messes with you and yours... well let me tell you that in those situations you are just as bad as those bad cops you hate... worse even. You will be much more likely to make a bad decision that will cost someone perhaps even one of your own family members their life, or land your own ass in prison. Sorry to deflate your overly large opinion of your decision making process but I have seen enough of your posts to know that you don't have what it takes either.

You are on the ass end of enforcement however being in the sherriffs department I am sure you have room for advancement should you express the ambition and ability... Patrol... yeah budy... then you can take the convict world to the street. I hope not though. I hope you get wise. I know other ex enforcement... They don't hate me when I say pig. They understand. They left for reason of the flaws in the system.
    LOL you think Im a cop? Hahahahahahahaha not even close. How did you determine that? I actually have 2 friends who work for law enforcement. One in my own town and one up in Canada. When a cop pulls in behind me or I see one walking up to my door I get nervous. But I understand how to deal with them and I damn sure appreciate them for the difficult job they do. Sounds like you live in an area with bad cops and I live in an area with decent cops. Hmmm you live in Texas and I Live in Minnesota... nahh thats not it... is it?

Bad training makes bad cops.... And Bad training has become the prefered norm.
    Maybe in your area... or maybe its just your own perception... perhaps a little of both.
    So are you willing to pay higher tax's for better law enforcement training and oversight?
    Be Impeccable with Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    That is rarely the case.
    Thats your self assigned job Anarch. Keep it up its a good thing to do. I would recommend picking better cases then this 6 year old girl though. I know you can find the real cases of police abuse and brutality.

You will find that I support you in cases like the Zimmerman/ Martin case where there are obvious issues. Just dont expect a sycophant to your hatred of the gang in blue (or black, maroon, white, lol).
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

Actually, he had ALL DAY to put his fucking dog on a leash... If he wasnt an irresponsible, inconsiderate pet owner his dog would still be alive. If your dog has access to the public put it on a leash... and it looks like he was shot in the drive way, well beyond the gate that the owner left open and should have closed to keep the public safe from his dog and his dog safe from the public...

Dont get me wrong, I love dogs... and cats... I have almost always had one or the other or both. But I know the potential consequences of letting them roam freely... As a jogger I also know how infuriating it is when assholes dont keep their dogs on leashes.

edit:
    And this is HARDLY an incident of a bad or mean officer. He was actually quite cordial after the incident despite the irresponsible owner being a super asshole(he just lost his dog so its understandable that he was an asshole). The cop clearly felt bad about killing the dog.
    What part of "fenced in yard" are you too stupid to understand? You dog is allowed to roam freely in your fenced in yard They do not have to be tied in a fenced in yard. The dog was shot and killed in its yard. Not in public. The man was coming out of his gate when the cop put a gun to his head. There really is no point is outlining this for you. You clearly are too fucking dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetvelocity View Post
    What part of "fenced in yard" are you too stupid to understand? You dog is allowed to roam freely in your fenced in yard They do not have to be tied in a fenced in yard. The dog was shot and killed in its yard. Not in public. The man was coming out of his gate when the cop put a gun to his head. There really is no point is outlining this for you. You clearly are too fucking dumb.
    Well the part of the yard where this occurred was not fenced in. The dog owner allowed his dog to follow him to his truck which was in the driveway. Still shooting the dog is certainly excessive. If this cop was going after a person dangerous enough to warrant drawing his gun he should have had at least one other officer present as back up. That would have allowed one officer to cover the suspect (in this case the innocent dog owner) and one to cover the dog. That would have allowed them to use a tazer instead of a pistol. As it is the officer thought this man was his suspect and could not allow himself to be tied up by the dog so had to shoot him..... It was wrong and the whole situation could have been avoided by any number of steps by either parties involved.

The cop should have been sure of the address and called for back up.
    The man should have kept his dog in the yard... but thats a mistake I and many others make all the time.
    The man should have called his dog to him as soon as he saw the cop.... assuming the dog would come to him first.
    The cop should have been able to tell if the dog was aggressive or not and decided not to shoot it.

Fact is we were not there and we are getting peoples own version of the story.

Cops are too ready to shoot dogs. In some cases they need to like in a drug raid in others they need to calm the fuck down and assess the situation before coming in all old west style guns drawn ready to shoot.

In this case both people are wrong and an innocent animal is dead because of it... or do we really know the temperament of that dog? That cop? That human? The answer is no we dont.
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

Quote Originally Posted by SV
    What part of "fenced in yard" are you too stupid to understand?
    What part of the dog followed him through the OPEN gate do you not understand?

You dog is allowed to roam freely in your fenced in yard They do not have to be tied in a fenced in yard.
    This dog was shot in a driveway... unleashed and not fenced in.

The dog was shot and killed in its yard.
    Nope.
    Not in public. The man was coming out of his gate when the cop put a gun to his head. There really is no point is outlining this for you. You clearly are too fucking dumb.
    The dog had ACCESS to the public... The cop wasnt in a fenced in yard... He was in a TRIPLEX DRIVEWAY!!! Not only that, the dog was CHARGING A COP.

Quote Originally Posted by MP
    The cop should have been able to tell if the dog was aggressive or not and decided not to shoot it.
    The dog was rushing the cop... ya, its sad that the cop shot the dog but he MADE THE RIGHT DECISION given the information he had at the time.

You can hear the cop say "Get your dog" at 0:16 on the video, you can also hear the gun shot at 0:16 on the video.
    The cop quite obviously didn't give the guy enough time to grab his dog.

Douchebag cop even has the gull to ask the guy after "Why didn't you get the dog?" Ummm... Because you gave him less than 1 second to comply with your command!

Also, as far as I know, there's no law requiring you to have your dog leashed when you're on your own property, driveways included.

You can hear the cop say "Get your dog" at 0:16 on the video, you can also hear the gun shot at 0:16 on the video.
    The cop quite obviously didn't give the guy enough time to grab his dog.
    If you read the story you would know that the cops cut out a few seconds of the tape.

Douchebag cop even has the gull to ask the guy after "Why didn't you get the dog?" Ummm... Because you gave him less than 1 second to comply with your command!
    If you watched any of the video links about the story story you would know that the cops cut out a few seconds of the tape.

Also, as far as I know, there's no law requiring you to have your dog leashed when you're on your own property, driveways included.
    No, there isnt. But if you DONT, you are an irresponsible asshole.

If you read the story you would know that the cops cut out a few seconds of the tape.

If you watched any of the video links about the story story you would know that the cops cut out a few seconds of the tape.

No, there isnt. But if you DONT, you are an irresponsible asshole.
    Did they cut out a few seconds of tape between him saying "get your dog" and him firing? I doubt it.
    That would seem like a terrible place to edit, because it does nothing but make the cop seem like a dipshit with an itchy trigger finger.

So the guy wasn't breaking any laws, had his pet on his own property, and his dog was shot for absolutely no reason.... Yet you defend the cops actions. Interesting.

Lastly, having your pet off-leash on your own property doesn't make you an irresponsible asshole, especially if your dog is well trained.
    It just means that you don't like the idea of needlessly chaining an intelligent animal up when you don't have to.
    Of course, having the dog tied up in this case would have prevented his death, but who on earth would expect a cop to come charging in FOR NO REASON with his fucking GUN DRAWN. Crazy american cops, whipping their pistols out every chance they get.

Anyhow, it's a terribly sad story. It should have never happened. but I think it's absurd to say that the dude was at all responsible for the dog's death, he did nothing wrong at all. The cop is responsible, 100%.

I wouldn't say for no reason... sounds like the dog was shot for aggressively approaching the cop? Not saying it was justified and if the video has been edited then we can never know. Im sure if you look back you can find plenty of times a cop has been bit by a dog in a scenario like this you may even find a situation or two where a dog attack was followed by a suspect either escaping or attacking and injuring or killing an officer.

So Futt you are saying that a cop should just allow a dog to bite them in a stressful situation with a potential criminal who may be a danger to the public?
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

Did they cut out a few seconds of tape between him saying "get your dog" and him firing? I doubt it.
    actually ya, that is what they cut out... Well, they cut out the part where the dog was hit the first time... Basically they cut out the part of the dog dying.

That would seem like a terrible place to edit, because it does nothing but make the cop seem like a dipshit with an itchy trigger finger.
    Its more relevant function would be to cut out the noises the dog made while dying... making it more clean for news outlets.

So the guy wasn't breaking any laws, had his pet on his own property, and his dog was shot for absolutely no reason.... Yet you defend the cops actions. Interesting.
    His dog was shot for acting aggressively towards a cop. Had the dog been on a leash or in a fenced in yard his dog would be alive. I defend the cop because, given the information he had at the time(that an ARMED man was threatening a female at the location he was given) he didnt make any wrong decisions... Its not interesting, its sane.

Lastly, having your pet off-leash on your own property doesn't make you an irresponsible asshole, especially if your dog is well trained.
    This dog wasnt well trained. And having your dog off a leash ANYWHERE that it has access to the public CERTAINLY makes you an irresponsible asshole.
    It just means that you don't like the idea of needlessly chaining an intelligent animal up when you don't have to.
    It also means you think its ok for you to needlessly put the public at risk.

Of course, having the dog tied up in this case would have prevented his death, but who on earth would expect a cop to come charging in FOR NO REASON with his fucking GUN DRAWN. Crazy american cops, whipping their pistols out every chance they get.
    He didnt charge in anywhere, the cop, the dog and the owner were on the driveway of a FUCKING TRIPLEX! And the cop was told he was in the vicinity of an ARMED man who was chasing a female. Given that information the cop would have been crazy NOT to go in armed.

Anyhow, it's a terribly sad story. It should have never happened. but I think it's absurd to say that the dude was at all responsible for the dog's death, he did nothing wrong at all. The cop is responsible, 100%.
    The dude lets his dog chase after people by not keeping it on a leash or fenced in... THIS TIME the person the dog ran after happened to be an armed police officer and not some little kid walking home from school... The owner is ENTIRELY responsible for his dogs death.

Iam puppy, hear me yap. Global Moderator lycanox's Avatar
    The cop is responsible and should be held responsible for animal abuse and fired asap.

He is in the end the one that pulled the trigger and I have yet to hear or see any evidence for any aggressive behavior from the dog.
    In fact, considering the dog was barking just before the shot. The amount of evidence for non aggressive behavior is actually in surplus.

The argument that he was allowed to shoot because the dog was running towards him is bullshit.
    Dogs run towards strangers for numerous reasons. And rarely it is aggression.

The argument that he should have kept his dog leached up in the garden is nonsense as well. Nobody who gives a bit about their dog does that.
    Nor is it unreasonable to believe that he should have leached the dog up when the officer came in. No law abiding citizens expect their house to be raided.
    And when a cop comes knocking at your door. The dog is usually the last on your mind.

So in other words. The pet owner can absolutely not be blamed in this circumstance. And all responsibility should fall on the cop for making such blatant mistakes and using aggression as the first option.
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/139/8/a/logo_by_lycanox.png

The cop is responsible and should be held responsible for animal abuse.
    Incorrect.

He is in the end the one that pulled the trigger and I have yet to hear or see any evidence for any aggressive behavior from the dog.
    Then you didnt read the story OR watch the video OR listen to testimony from the dog owner... Maybe you should go away?

In fact, considering the dog was barking just before the shot. The amount of evidence for non aggressive behavior is actually in surplus.
    The dog was barking AND charging the officer... If you failed to grasp that from what is presented then you need to get your head checked because you are beyond incompetent. Even the dogs OWNER admits that his dog was challenging the officer.

The argument that he should have kept his dog leached up in the garden is nonsense as well. Nobody who gives a bit about their dog does that.
    Every responsible dog owner does that. It prevents your dog from getting itself into trouble. In this case, being a responsible dog owner would have kept the dog alive.

Nor is it unreasonable to believe that he should have leached the dog up when the officer came in. No law abiding citizens expect their house to be raided.
    His house wasnt raided. If the owner had CLOSED the gate and not allowed his dog free access to the public, like any RESPONSIBLE dog owner would, the dog would still be alive... This guy learned the hard way what happens when you are an irresponsible cunt.

And when a cop comes knocking at your door. The dog is usually the last on your mind.
    I have to conclude that you didnt read anything even related to the story... And when ANYBODY comes knocking on your door, if you dont consider how your pets will react, you shouldnt have pets.

So in other words. The pet owner can absolutely not be blamed in this circumstance.
    He cant be blamed for the circumstances that lead up to the situation, but he can absolutely be blamed for not taking care of his dog.

And all responsibility should fall on the cop for making such blatant mistakes and using aggression as the first option.
    The cop bade NO MISTAKES, the cop was given bad information by a 911 caller and was under the impression that there was an armed and dangerous man in the area. He was charged by an aggressive dog and defended himself.

Incorrect.

Then you didnt read the story OR watch the video OR listen to testimony from the dog owner... Maybe you should go away?

The dog was barking AND charging the officer... If you failed to grasp that from what is presented then you need to get your head checked because you are beyond incompetent. Even the dogs OWNER admits that his dog was challenging the officer.
    That still does not mean aggressive behavior. Any dog will do the same if they actually like the person.

So why don't you turn over actual evidence of aggressive canine behavior.

Every responsible dog owner does that. It prevents your dog from getting itself into trouble. In this case, being a responsible dog owner would have kept the dog alive.
    Nonsense. Keeping a dog chained up all of the time is unnecessary cruel. Animals need their space to roam.

His house wasnt raided. If the owner had CLOSED the gate and not allowed his dog free access to the public, like any RESPONSIBLE dog owner would, the dog would still be alive... This guy learned the hard way what happens when you are an irresponsible cunt.
    So you believe dogs should be shot just because this minor thing?

Whats next. The electric chair for not scooping up dog poop?
    Three years of torture for Jay walking?

You cant honestly believe this silly argument is an excuse.

And dogs can very easily be trained to not cross certain boundaries. An well trained dog does thus not need to be fenced in all of the time.

I have to conclude that you didnt read anything even related to the story... And when ANYBODY comes knocking on your door, if you dont consider how your pets will react, you shouldnt have pets.
    News flash. When cops come at the door. They usually do so for very bad reasons, like the death of a very close relative.
    When they walk around in your garden armed. They usually do so for even worse reasons, like an escaped lunatic hiding in your garden.

You honestly cant expect people to react the same as if it was just the neighbor coming in to borrow some sugar.

He cant be blamed for the circumstances that lead up to the situation, but he can absolutely be blamed for not taking care of his dog.
    The cop bade NO MISTAKES, the cop was given bad information by a 911 caller and was under the impression that there was an armed and dangerous man in the area. He was charged by an aggressive dog and defended himself.[/QUOTE]
    Again, where is the evidence the dog was aggressive to begin with.
    And since when does the non confirmed presence of an armed person give cops the right to shoot up anything that moves.

Cops are supposed trained to judge each situation as it. And not just blindly follow what has been told on 911 calls for precisely this reason.
    He should have been able to tell immediately that there has been no direct threat.
    But somehow this cop was able to confuse an happy family for a bunch of armed aggressive criminals.

So who was he. Inspector Gadget.

Quote Originally Posted by lycanox View Post
    The cop is responsible and should be held responsible for animal abuse and fired asap.
    Im down with that if we also make any dog owner whose dog bites a cop gets charged with felony assault on a law enforcement officer. Heck if someones dog bites anyone they should get felony assault with a deadly weapon!!!!!

Oh so you were there??? Nice tell us exactly how the situation went down Lyc.

The argument that he was allowed to shoot because the dog was running towards him is bullshit.
    Dogs run towards strangers for numerous reasons. And rarely it is aggression.
    When you have a split second to decide and have every reason to believe you are dealing with an armed and dangerous suspect you don't have time to see if the dog bites you.

That's fine if you want it that way but then we need felony assault charges on people who let their dogs free and someone gets bit. Something tells me you would have an issue with that.
    So in other words. The pet owner can absolutely not be blamed in this circumstance. And all responsibility should fall on the cop for making such blatant mistakes and using aggression as the first option.
    Again you're using your supreme powers of clairvoyance to tell you exactly what went down and how? Exactly how the dog approached the cop and the exact timing between the shot? You should market that ability Lyc its like a super hero power man. Tell us how the OJ murder went down? I want to know all the details!!!!
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

That still does not mean aggressive behavior. Any dog will do the same if they actually like the person.
    No, only poorly trained and maintained dogs. Barking and charging someone IS AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR so suck it.

Nonsense. Keeping a dog chained up all of the time is unnecessary cruel. Animals need their space to roam.
    I never said all the time. I said when they have access to the public. Had the asshole kept his gate closed he wouldnt have had to watch his dog die... AND his dog wouldnt have been chained up. What actually IS animal cruelty is not setting up preventative measures and not training them to follow rules that would keep them from danger...

So you believe dogs should be shot just because this minor thing?
    I think unleashed, untrained, barking dogs that aggressively charge humans that are carrying loaded guns are VERY LIKELY TO BE SHOT...

Whats next. The electric chair for not scooping up dog poop?
    Three years of torture for Jay walking?
    Stop being a stupid cunt.

You cant honestly believe this silly argument is an excuse.
    You cant honestly believe its silly... That a person would shoot a dog that they perceive to be about to attack them... You are getting dumber and dumber by the post.

And dogs can very easily be trained to not cross certain boundaries. An well trained dog does thus not need to be fenced in all of the time.
    This dog wasnt trained well then was it. This owner decided NOT to do such EASY training that might have kept it alive...

News flash. When cops come at the door. They usually do so for very bad reasons, like the death of a very close relative.
    Or becuase you music is up too loud...
    When they walk around in your garden armed. They usually do so for even worse reasons, like an escaped lunatic hiding in your garden.
    Oh, you mean something like there is a report of an armed man chasing a female...? Something like that?

You honestly cant expect people to react the same as if it was just the neighbor coming in to borrow some sugar.
    They can handle their pets the same way... if they are responsible... That is to say, they can make sure their pets cant escape and attack somebody.
    Again, where is the evidence the dog was aggressive to begin with.
    In ALL of the news stories and reports... Even the OWNER admitted that the dog was being aggressive. Are you choosing to ignore this because you are dumb or because you are retarded...? Or both?

And since when does the non confirmed presence of an armed person give cops the right to shoot up anything that moves.
    He didnt shoot anything that moves... Or the man would have been dead as well... What he shot was a LOOSE dog that was charging him. If you refuse to acknowledge the KNOWN facts of the case then I am going to just spam your responses with the words STUPID CUNT.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumPain View Post
    Im down with that if we also make any dog owner whose dog bites a cop gets charged with felony assault on a law enforcement officer. Heck if someones dog bites anyone they should get felony assault with a deadly weapon!!!!!

Oh so you were there??? Nice tell us exactly how the situation went down Lyc.
    Again, basing the idea that the dog was aggressive on absolutely nothing.

When you have a split second to decide and have every reason to believe you are dealing with an armed and dangerous suspect you don't have time to see if the dog bites you.
    Then why are hostages not shot the second they run towards the cops. By your logic they should have.

That's fine if you want it that way but then we need felony assault charges on people who let their dogs free and someone gets bit. Something tells me you would have an issue with that.
    When exactly did anybody get bitten in this story. Where is the evidence of a history of violence with this dog.

Over here it is extremely common that owners do that. With very few problems. Most dogs don't even leave the fence even when its open.
    Again you're using your supreme powers of clairvoyance to tell you exactly what went down and how? Exactly how the dog approached the cop and the exact timing between the shot? You should market that ability Lyc its like a super hero power man. Tell us how the OJ murder went down? I want to know all the details!!!!
    What about your gypsy magic that show that the dog was aggressive.

All I stated is that it is unlikely that the dog was aggressive due to it barking. Which is usually not done by aggressive dogs.
    And that there is simply is no reason to believe that the dog was aggressive in the circumstances.

So is there actual evidence for aggression. Or are you just assuming that to conveniently excuse the cop.

No, only poorly trained and maintained dogs. Barking and charging someone IS AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR so suck it.
    No it really is not.

I never said all the time. I said when they have access to the public. Had the asshole kept his gate closed he wouldnt have had to watch his dog die... AND his dog wouldnt have been chained up. What actually IS animal cruelty is not setting up preventative measures and not training them to follow rules that would keep them from danger...
    Rules wont do shit when you don't get the chance to enforce them.

I think unleashed, untrained, barking dogs that aggressively charge humans that are carrying loaded guns are VERY LIKELY TO BE SHOT...
    Again, bluntly assuming that the dog was aggressive. And that cops are allowed to shoot anything that moves without judging the situation.

Stop being a stupid cunt.

You cant honestly believe its silly... That a person would shoot a dog that they perceive to be about to attack them... You are getting dumber and dumber by the post.
    Again assuming that the dog was actually attacking the owner.

This dog wasnt trained well then was it. This owner decided NOT to do such EASY training that might have kept it alive...
    Still no excuse to use lethal force.

This could afteral just as easily been someones child.

Or becuase you music is up too loud...
    That still does not make this a normal occurrence.

Oh, you mean something like there is a report of an armed man chasing a female...? Something like that?
    How does that translate to a man sitting at home with his dog. Which was not even mentioned in the call.

They can handle their pets the same way... if they are responsible... That is to say, they can make sure their pets cant escape and attack somebody.
    In ALL of the news stories and reports... Even the OWNER admitted that the dog was being aggressive. Are you choosing to ignore this because you are dumb or because you are retarded...? Or both?
    And when exactly did he said that.

All he said is that the dog was barking and running towards the cop.
    Not that the dog was aggressive. That is just something you filled in.

And I honestly believe he knows his dog a little bit better than you do.

He didnt shoot anything that moves... Or the man would have been dead as well... What he shot was a LOOSE dog that was charging him. If you refuse to acknowledge the KNOWN facts of the case then I am going to just spam your responses with the words STUPID CUNT.
    The known facts is that the cop managed to confuse a person running after a woman in the streets with a person playing at home with his dog.
    Which is about as stupid as confusing an circus clown riding a cow for star wars stormtroopers.
    The sane conclusion would have been that something was not right with the report or that he was looking at the wrong person. Not to use aggression.

What if there was a child playing hide and seek in the garden. Would the cop be excused to shoot her because it may be a criminal sniping the agent from a concealed location?

And please don't force me to do my job as a forum moderator. There is no reason to degrade like that.
    Last edited by lycanox; Apr 20th, 2012 at 4:59 PM.

STUPID CUNT

Then why are hostages not shot the second they run towards the cops. By your logic they should have.
    You are TERRIBLE with analogies... because you are retarded?

When exactly did anybody get bitten in this story. Where is the evidence of a history of violence with this dog.
    Luckily, nobody was bit in this case... and lyca, dogs DONT GET a second chance... They only get one, if they bite someone they are put down almost immediately.. That is why it is irresponsible of pet owners who dont keep their dogs in check.

Over here it is extremely common that owners do that. With very few problems. Most dogs don't even leave the fence even when its open.
    This dog DID... So your very limited anecdotal "evidence" isnt relevant...

The dog WAS aggressive... the OWNER of the dog has even stated as much... Stupid cunt.

All I stated is that it is unlikely that the dog was aggressive due to it barking. Which is usually not done by aggressive dogs.
    Barking and charging IS aggressive. And if you think aggressive dogs dont bark you are... you need to go to the hospital because your brain might be swelling.

And that there is simply is no reason to believe that the dog was aggressive in the circumstances.
    You mean, there is no reason, OTHER than its aggressive behavior.

So is there actual evidence for aggression. Or are you just assuming that to conveniently excuse the cop.
    The video, the interviews, the dog owners testimony, the dog aggressively charging the cop...

Seriously, are you that fucking retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by lycanox View Post
    I suppose the owners statement that the dog was aggressive doesnt count?

I often think DBA is a little harsh but in this case...... WHAT THE FUCK DUDE!!!!! ARE YOU REALLY THAT FUCKING STUPID?

Well one cop didn't get bit because he stopped the potential attacker. Now we dont know that he would have gotten bit but I don't expect him to just wait and find out which you apparently do?
    Yeah I know everyones dog "would never bite someone... hes just a sweetie pie". Its like people saying their kids would never got into trouble. Dogs are great at reading peoples moods especially their owner. If a cop is confronting you there is automatic stress and your dog can tell that and may decide its best for the pack to remove that threat. In this case that perceived threat was cop who now has a spit second to decide to shoot the dog or risk a bite and possible subsequent attack by the dogs owner who in this case was a possible armed assailant. Fuck your dog I want the humans protected from the criminals first.

I don't know maybe the owners statement that his dog was acting aggressively?

You haven't spent a lot of time around dogs have you Lyc? Really you think barking is not done by aggressive dogs?

No it was more the owners statement that the dog was aggressive and the fact that the dog closed its distance on the officer who was an obvious source of stress for its owner. See I have had several dogs in my life time and I can totally see at least two of them getting aggressive against someone who appeared to be stressing me.
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

Thread Information