Thread: Seed starting

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member sweetvelocity's Avatar

Seed starting

Disable These Ads!
    Everything is so up in the air right now. Just got a house but cannot move until the closing date. All that stuff happens close to seed starting time. So I have decided to start my seeds indoors in biodegradable seed pots. Some I made myself out of news paper That way I can let them do their thing while I get the home situated and the garden plots made up for them.

I am having to start even easy staple items like zucchini indoors so I get everything on the staggered schedule I wanted them on for the summer. Really do not want everything getting done at once.
    " Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's brains and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead." Arundhati Roy

DIE! By my hand! Administrator MetalMilitia's Avatar
    Indeed. Here in MN we are trying out a 'rooftop garden' this year. Should be interesting. We got 1/2 seeds and 1/2 starters lined up, a giant cabinet - laying on it's back as a garden bed.... it's so ghetto - but I'm loving every minute of it. We had freezing conditions last night, and then today it's 68 and sunny.

Minnesota is such a troll
    Email : webmaster (-at-) armageddononline (-dot-) org or click here.

Freezing nights suck. I really want to do some mushrooming but with nights going well below freezing its not gonna happen:(
    " Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's brains and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead." Arundhati Roy

I built a box garden last year that did OK. This year I am adding 2 more boxes and starting all the seeds indoors. Normally I just start a little late, but this year is supposed to be pretty dry so I want to get a jump on string plants to transplant.
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

I am thinking about a couple of raised beds simply because I do not know anything about the ground I am going to be growing in. My seedlings have already started to germinate and expect a few to start showing in the next week or so. I feel like I am constantly walking the tightrope of too much water and not enough. lol.

Thread Information