Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renew AO Chat

Renew AO Chat

Disable These Ads!
    Dear, MM.

The chat hurts our eyes. Please renew the license to bring our beloved room back to it's former glory. In return of this, I'm prepared to offer up Red Shift, for one entire night, to use as you see fit.

Thanks,

Fut
    Last edited by lazserus; Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:57 PM. Reason: added to thread title for profundity

Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar
    LOL... Yes... Red Shift will do whatever you want for an envening... should you need "toys" please let me know and I'll sanitize and ship to you. Please ensure to return.

If you need a sling... that'll have to come by freight.

(Nothing Award Winner) Red Shift's Avatar
    Dear, MM.

I miss the tags to format my text. I miss abusing sensibly using the mod powers granted to me to Ban/Kick help other members ensuring they follow the AO Chat rules and etiquette. Please renew the license to bring our beloved room back to it's former glory. In return of this, I'm prepared to offer up myself, for one entire night, to use as you see fit.

After all... Think of the Children...

Thanks,

Red Shift
    (Absolutely Nothing Award Winner)
    Nasik is the most awesome member on AO!!!!
    I've got 555-PNinja on speed dial...

Hey! I need my pink.... text! Pwease MM? Punch and pie!
    http://www.bartcop.com/gop-war-on-hellhath.jpg
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

I forgot to mention before that I will be posting in here each day until the Chat is restored to its former glory..... Protest/Sit In style.....

We shall not be moved or silenced!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shift View Post
    I forgot to mention before that I will be posting in here each day until the Chat is restored to its former glory..... Protest/Sit In style.....
    I will support the sit in by staying home and getting drunk. However, I will post to bump the thread and such.

Also, I heard there will be punch and pie. Is this true?

Unfortunately I have no idea about the punch and pie, but i do have gifts to try and make up for the potential lack of pie!

You can take your pick as i didn't know which would suit your tastes LoLz.....

^^^^^^^^^Nice banner sig, Red Shift! We might have to get you on board next year, to create some banners.

In fact, wouldn't it be fun to have some sort of a banner-fest?
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

Little Bird of Prey phedrereine's Avatar
    Ah, those Fut banners are cute, RS. I also like the banner sig.

The banner-fest idea would probably be a hit, Nu. I can see people really getting into that.
    "But more wonderful than the lore of old men and the lore of books is the secret lore of ocean."

That does sound fun. We ought to have some sort of a theme. Wonder what it could be?
    Politics, since it is an election season? Or is that too dry?
    Social commentary? Cartoons? Member tributes?
    Just brainstorming here. What do you think?

A dinosaur... no reason Contributor Stabby Joe's Avatar
    Haha. So are we now going with that old mentality at every award show: "Now of course everyone is a winner... but..."

As for the chatroom, it's been awhile since I've seen anyone in here. Would it be fair to assume that the format is that big of an issue as a cause?
    Science doesn't have all of the answers... otherwise it wouldn't be science.

Not that they'd be winning an award just that they'd be getting a banner for what they want. It wouldn't be an award just... Say name, and title? Like if I hadn't won an award

GamerGal
    Feminazi, Pisser off of the Right Wingers

or

Custompainter
    Painter of Customs
    Last edited by GamerGal; Feb 20th, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    James Random
    Stealer of Other People's Work from ATS
    Please don't. Not in this thread.

I was thinking of something for creative and artistic fun, nothing like awards or anything, no winners or losers, just something fun to do in the Creative Arts section. Nothing competitive.
    I am sorry I have nothing useful to say re the chat, as I've not been in there for awhile anyway... but keeping this thread updated means MM will see it- he probably already has. I am sure he'll get it fixed when the time is right! Hang tight, Chatterers.

Unfortunately I have no idea about the punch and pie, but i do have gifts to try and make up for the potential lack of pie!
    Well this certainly makes up for the lack of P & P! Thanks, Man!
    Hopefully this spiffy new image will draw attention to the whole Chat Issue!

Another problem is that it periodically boots you out for apparently no reason which it didn't do in the past!!

>.<

Another problem is that it periodically boots you out for apparently no reason which it didn't do in the past!!
    This is true. It boots you out, and closes the chat window completely. So annoying.

DIE! By my hand! Administrator MetalMilitia's Avatar
    I'll look into it on the first, see what I can do.
    Email : webmaster (-at-) armageddononline (-dot-) org or click here.

Thank you Matthew! We all love you long time! But I get first dibs, I don't do sloppy seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
    I'll look into it on the first, see what I can do.
    Couldn't ask for more than that. Thanks, Man.

GG, bring him some punch and pie.

Huzzah!

The power of Sig Images.... LoLz

The power of Sig Images.... LoLz
    Quick, make us Sig Images telling people to give us money!

Of course however MM will probably mention something new in advance... while that's kind of obvious, I don't know... for some reason I can still see people glued to the upper tabs in the meantime given the passion shown.

Local Pedant Contributor lazserus's Avatar
    I don't know if MM has crunched the numbers, but renewing the chat as it was before is not exactly cost-efficient. Given the fact that on average there's no more than 2-3 people in the chat throughout the week, the chat is an expensive feature that has been more or less avoided/overlooked/ignored by the masses here at AO. During the working week it is expected few if any people pop into the chat. Many years back, when AO's version of chat was a registered IRC channel (old school, bitches), Friday was the hot day—on a slow night there would be 7-10 people in chat, and the few times it got busy we had over 20. AO was much more popular back then, and our community of members was stronger. Nonetheless, the chat remained empty during the week, Fridays were crazy nights when the room flooded with members, Saturdays were half as strong, and then it died out again until the following week.

Fridays are still pretty hot around here for the chat, but nowhere near what it was like some years back. And back then you couldn't click a button on the site to get to the chat. You had to download and install an IRC client and connect the the right server, then join our channel. It was quite complicated back then, yet people made the effort. It was a different time.

The point I'm dancing around is the AO chat in its full glory is great but expensive as all hell. It costs no less than $125 per year, and in my opinion, that's pricey for a chat rarely used. A stripped version could work well enough, though, but that's $80. If only a handful of people hit the chat on a regular basis, why should MM make the investment to renew the license? I sure as hell wouldn't. The regular members in chat, all of whom still come into into it regularly despite it being stripped, can be counted on one hand; and after counting you can clone each one and still have a finger left. Do the math.

I'm all for renewing the chat to its former "glory," but there wasn't all that much glory to being with. I don't know if MM is crunching the numbers, but I have . . . and as much as I want the chat renewed, it's just not worth the money considering the fact less than a handful of people actually use it. If you want it back to what it was before, then prove it is worth saving and login regularly and chat! Suck it up and tolerate the crummy version installed now (which is a free, stripped version) and prove it's worth upgrading!

If you want it back to what it was before, then prove it is worth saving and login regularly and chat! Suck it up and tolerate the crummy version installed now (which is a free, stripped version) and prove it's worth upgrading!
    I'm assuming it'll take more than the usual 5 or 6 people logging in regularly to prove the chatroom's worth, eh?
    Would probably be a lot more appealing to people if the blinding white screen didn't burn your eyes and cause headaches though.

Thread Information