Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who are more moral? Men or women?

Disable These Ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    Clever comment! Lol.

But no. Men are by nature more able to ignore caution. Clearly higher testosteron levels drive this in part. This is not so much a function of intelligence as it is a function of emotional and instictual drives. You say that women are more clever, and then should be in charge of politics, but I say, again due to nature, on average men are more able to "pull the trigger" at the moment of truth when it comes to matial actions. Of course, that is a double edged sword. But while men are guilty of far more violent crimes, I would argue that they are also responsible for far more successful defensive wars. Thus, I'd argue that a BALANCE of both men and women in positions of political power would yield the best results. Each has a strength that makez up for the weakness of the other, on average.
    Yet men have cut out the " best result", you see by keeping women out of the political and religious hierarchies.
    You add stupid to the immorality of men.

If men of today were moral, they would be pushing for equality of the sexes and the fact that they have the power and do so and do not shows beyond a doubt that the present morality of men suck and by men holding this ground, whatever improvements women can do will never be known. Men in wasting this resource show just how foolish and immoral we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Please, be logical. Groups are comprised of "individuals" As a whole they are not mutually exclusive of each other whether male or female or mixed.

Would you not say that how we view equality is a good indicator of our morality?
    I think it is.

Regards
    DL

I really don't know how you come to the conclusion that most men are immoral. Other than your own opinion, sorry - and that opinion seems to be tied to religio.

I do not find the majority of men I know, to be "immoral". The vote (a product of the 20th century) - well, I dont see how it being denied previously is an indication of male immorality.[/QUOTE]

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
    Yet men have cut out the " best result", you see by keeping women out of the political and religious hierarchies.
    You add stupid to the immorality of men.

If men of today were moral, they would be pushing for equality of the sexes and the fact that they have the power and do so and do not shows beyond a doubt that the present morality of men suck and by men holding this ground, whatever improvements women can do will never be known. Men in wasting this resource show just how foolish and immoral we are.
    Perhaps you were not born yet or have never heard of the Woman's rights movement and the various offshoots of it. Or perhaps you are unaware that change in society takes time.

You being unaware of these things of course, would certainly lend support to the argument you made in the first paragraph above.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

Seems that you thing that women should run governments.
    No I belive governments should be run by a mix of men and women.
    Who should run religion?
    I see no logic in having one sex or the other exclusively run anything. We need to play off of each others strengths.

I just lately heard that there are about 5,000 honor killings a year.
    Males killing women, 5,000.
    Women killing males, 0.

Regards
    DL
    Im sure the number of women killing men is not nor has it even been 0.
    A lot of mens violent tendency's are cultural in nature.
    Being male means being more physically capable of dealing violence and power corrupts.
    Be Impeccable with Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

My ex-husband is a far-right wing christian, with massive support in our metropolitan community, for his religious and political views. His employer is a fortune 100 company, and he has great social and upwardly-mobile career success there.

He firmly believes, and takes numerous occasions to teach my son, that women are not equal, and nor should they have any equality whatsoever, with men.

There should be no women's rights, at all. That women and children are the express property of men, and that their male "owners" should be the supreme lawmaker and dictator in the family circle. And that the Bible in no uncertain terms grants this right to men exclusively.

That women should have no voting rights whatsoever.

That women should not in any way be allowed in any political realm whatsoever.

That women do not deserve equal pay and treatment in the employment and legal arenas.

He is extremely firm and unwavering in these beliefs, and often re-iterates them with great emphasis to my son. If I make any effort, other than the mild attempt at humor, at disagreement, it turns into an enormous and nasty war. And my son is the one made to suffer for it. So we let him indoctrinate him this way....and then I try later to express some of the differences in beliefs that our society holds. But that really doesn't sway the enormous impact that my ex has on my son, as his primary role-model -- whom he looks up to, and loves, very much.

It's not as rare and unusual an educational indoctrination that it might seem, in this day and age, believe it or not.
    Last edited by calliope; Feb 9th, 2012 at 2:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    absit invidia

Happy tyo see that you made him an ex.
    Good for you.

Regards
    DL

Happy tyo see that you made him an ex.
    Good for you.

Regards
    DL
    Nah....he made me an "ex" just a few weeks after scoring a cushy new corporate job and moving us to a new city....and more precisely, the day after my son and I were hit in a major car accident that totalled our vehicle and almost killed me.

That's when he chose to tell me that he was divorcing me and hiring a pit-bull lawyer to make sure that we would get nothing from him, ever.

I never asked for a divorce, or to make him an "ex." In fact I tried really really hard to be a good obedient wife and to follow along with his ideals.

Stupid is as stupid does.
    absit invidia

Being fooled is not a sign of stupidity.
    Self-chastisement is for those who have not learned from the experience.
    You have so stop it. Sing------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzlpTRNIAvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmifO2sKT7g

Regards
    DL

Thank you Greatest I Am. That was nice.

Love the music.

Helen Reddy -- I saw her in concert!
    absit invidia

### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    Who are more moral? Men or women?
    Are you serious? This gets my vote for Stupidest Thread of the Year.

In the first place, morality is one of the few facets of life where men and women are true equals. They each equally have the ability to be moral or not, and identifying who is more moral is not something that can be determined, since first you'd have to create a set of moral standards that everyone can agree upon.

In the second place, the Fall of Man has nothing to do with morality.

In the third place, the Hebrews stole the story from another culture, and then butchered it because they were either too stupid to understand it, or they changed it to mesh with the prevailing socio-religio-political situation.

Finally, the original story is about Enlil, who does not wish for humans to gain any further or additional knowledge, and humanity's benefactor, Enki, who wants to teach humans. Disobeying Enlil's orders, Enki (the serpent god) goes behind Enlil's back and teaches humans anyway.

Understanding the root conflict between Enki and Enlil, and the fact that Enki is the serpent god are the keys to understanding the story.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

Morality is subjective then.

Enki went behind Enlil's back and disobeyed him to teach humans.

Would we consider that moral or immoral?

Who can say?
    absit invidia

Survivalist!
    Immoral, no question about it and anything 'good' that came from it is a sham because it's foundation is built a lie. In the '70's Afghanistan was going through reforms that was bringing it into line with the human rights documents every Nation signed. To implement those reforms meant defeating the ones in power who did not agree with those 'basic human rights for all people' and they were quite willing to use force to prevent those rights becoming part of normal life so that same sort of force was being used against the 'old guard'. Was that moral or immoral of the 'new guard'?

Having Afghanistan enter civil war rather than the (most popular with the 'people') win and 'democracy' starting it was decided by the US to use them as a pawn in the 'defeat ' of the USSR so they supported the 'old guard' with guns and money so they could fight back and wreck the overall intentions of any peace coming after a short civil war. Was that a moral or immoral decision on the part of the US that caused pain and suffering to people needlessly? Yes is the correct answer and if you follow the history since then nothing good did come to them, the US certainly didn't put the 'old guard' down after the USSR fell, they left it in ruins and incapable of change just like it was when the 'old guard' were the power and democracy was not on the list of things to do.

Nothing moral can come when it is built on a 'deception', 'democracy' based on the documents signed would seem to be directed more at how the rest of the world is to treat the security members rather than the security members being shining examples of how those human-rights documents are implemented. As 'free' as Canada is the two words, 'Martial Law' spoken by just one person is enough to put 'democracy' in a 'deep, dark hole' that would make Medieval England look quite civilized. That's how slender our hold really is.
    Perhaps those UN Documents that 'the West' waves around so much are nothing more than the 20th century version of the 19th century Treaties given to the North American Indians so they would stop fighting. Only one side was ever expected to 'live up to the words inside' and the UN Human Rights Documents are the first things to 'go out the window' when the UN enters a 'troubled spot'. (if trouble isn't already there they will create it as in Afghanistan for the 6 months before the USSR entered the country)

Still having problems with spotting moral and immoral acts?

Definitely "immoral" occurs when "human rights" is used as a facade to steal resources, enact genocide, and implement an even tighter death grip on the control over humanity.
    absit invidia

Quote Originally Posted by Ningishiddza View Post
    Are you serious? This gets my vote for Stupidest Thread of the Year.

In the first place, morality is one of the few facets of life where men and women are true equals. They each equally have the ability to be moral or not, and identifying who is more moral is not something that can be determined, since first you'd have to create a set of moral standards that everyone can agree upon.

In the second place, the Fall of Man has nothing to do with morality.

In the third place, the Hebrews stole the story from another culture, and then butchered it because they were either too stupid to understand it, or they changed it to mesh with the prevailing socio-religio-political situation.

Finally, the original story is about Enlil, who does not wish for humans to gain any further or additional knowledge, and humanity's benefactor, Enki, who wants to teach humans. Disobeying Enlil's orders, Enki (the serpent god) goes behind Enlil's back and teaches humans anyway.

Understanding the root conflict between Enki and Enlil, and the fact that Enki is the serpent god are the keys to understanding the story.
    That serpent gets a rougher ride than the Jews did.

Regards
    DL

Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Still having problems with spotting moral and immoral acts?
    Need a link to the U N bill of rights?

Regards
    DL

90% of all the bad shit in this world is done by men.

You do the maths.
    We talk about civilization as though itís a static state. There are no civilized people yet, itís a process thatís constantly going on. As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by James Random View Post

You do the maths.
    And that is because an XY chromosome makes one inherently immoral?

Quote Originally Posted by MHz
    Immoral, no question about it
    You missed the part where morality/immorality is often subjective.

"Immoral, no question about it" is just your opinion. Someone else could give reasons to the exact opposite--which is why it is correctly understood as subjective.
    Poetry is superior to history -Aristotle
    True time is four dimensional -Heidegger
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players -Shakespeare

One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    I do not think so.

You will know that about 60% of prostitutes are runaways who escaped abuse from their father and step fathers.
    IOW, men created them.

Regards
    DL

BS...... no facts or reference to back that statement, nor do you differentiate any given country, which obviously would have a multitude of reasons based on culture and economics. Morals are not defined by gender, its an imposed set of rules that an individual either chooses to follow or reject...

Somehow you think this is all some simplified package taken off the streets of New York city.

Survivalist!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatnik Bob View Post
    You missed the part where morality/immorality is often subjective.

"Immoral, no question about it" is just your opinion. Someone else could give reasons to the exact opposite--which is why it is correctly understood as subjective.
    The minute you conclude that a lie is for the better is the same minute you should cease to have any power in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by James Random View Post

You do the maths.
    Good to see a good honest thinker.

Regards
    DL

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    BS...... no facts or reference to back that statement, nor do you differentiate any given country,
    Try Google. It is quite easy.

which obviously would have a multitude of reasons based on culture and economics. Morals are not defined by gender, its an imposed set of rules that an individual either chooses to follow or reject...
    And the rules we presently follow are all man made.

Do you like the world men have created?

Ask women who have been denied equality by most governments and religions.

Somehow you think this is all some simplified package taken off the streets of New York city.
    Nah. N Y is probably worse.

Regards
    DL

On the Edge - any place else is taking up too much space
    Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    BS...... Somehow you think this is all some simplified package taken off the streets of New York city.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_nf=1...iw=813&bih=326
    Last edited by Lillith; Feb 18th, 2012 at 8:04 AM.
    Galadriel: "I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. "Translation: "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

Thread Information