http://www.cracked.com/article_18757...r4=recommended

Angels
    The Devil Is Red and Has Horns, a Pitchfork and Goat Legs
    Holy Grail
    Antichrist
    Hell, other than the fire

Pretty interesting read I thought.
    http://www.bartcop.com/gop-war-on-hellhath.jpg
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member
    There is no mention of the rapture in the bible either!
    Samauri Warrior

Radioactive Serious Member
    Since they mentioned 666, I should mention that the actual number is 616. Biblical archaeologists discovered that sometime back in 2005 or something.

Survivalist!
    Almost all the scriptures are about man's corrupt flesh that's the enemy of God, but only during this age. God placed the information to build this world into the DNA of our flesh. This DNA won't allow anyone to receive the knowledge of God that's required to interpret the prophecies. God has to change the DNA in his chosen servants to make them sinless saints, meaning they don't have any desire for this world left in their flesh. This way he makes us totally obedient to his knowledge so he can intepret the prophecies and find other servants who still have their worldly DNA. All us servants were created differently from men so that we're the only ones who can be used by God in any way he wants. This information is in the Bible but no flesh with this corrupt DNA can understand it.
    I am the way, the truth and the light of life. There is no other God besides me.

http://1gospel.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by equalizer View Post
    There is no mention of the rapture in the bible either!
    ...unless you are reading a Vulgate / Latin edition. the word 'rapture' is translated 'catching away' or 'caught up' in English. while the WORD 'rapture' isn't in the Bible the concept definitely is (I Thess 4:17)

many Bible misconceptions are from Milton's 'Paradise Lost' (probly mentioned in article but me too lazy to read it.)

Radioactive Serious Member
    The Rapture is a delusional concept.

there is a 'lake of fire' in Rev 20:10. this, not Sheol or Hades, is the traditional hell. I intend to avoid it.
    while the Bible doesn't refer to 'the' antiChrist, there is a very specific individual referred to with that title by scholars/students. he is mentioned in 2 Thess 2:2-4 as 'THE man of lawlessness, doomed to destruction'. many modern scholars suggest he is the same as the Islamic Mahdi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Lockard View Post
    The Rapture is a delusional concept.
    the rapture is a generally accepted doctrine of Christianity based on the Bible. obviously many people reject both the faith and the Word, and even a few Christians dismiss the concept.
    I've met my share of people who dismiss Christianity itself as a delusional concept. At some point I suppose we must agree to disagree.

Something else that was never in there is the idea that heaven consists of people living on clouds with harps.

The modern word rapture comes from this word

G726
    ἁρπάζω
    harpazō
    har-pad'-zo
    From a derivative of G138; to seize (in various applications): - catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

Survivalist!
    Quote Originally Posted by works4dhs View Post
    ...unless you are reading a Vulgate / Latin edition. the word 'rapture' is translated 'catching away' or 'caught up' in English. while the WORD 'rapture' isn't in the Bible the concept definitely is (I Thess 4:17)

many Bible misconceptions are from Milton's 'Paradise Lost' (probly mentioned in article but me too lazy to read it.)
    The rapture is a little more than that, it is going to see God in Heaven, the literal place as seen in vision only in Re:4. Your term could be the same as a 'hop'.

Ac:8:39:
    And when they were come up out of the water,
    the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip,
    that the eunuch saw him no more:
    and he went on his way rejoicing.
    Ac:8:40:
    But Philip was found at Azotus:
    and passing through he preached in all the cities,
    till he came to Caesarea.

If you 'track' the ones that are 'taken' they end up as food for the beasts on the day He returns and it is after Satan's workings (IIThess:2) that people get truly gathered, they walk to Jerusalem and witness all the destruction caused in just a few hours.

M't:24:40:
    Then shall two be in the field;
    the one shall be taken,
    and the other left.

M't:13:41:
    The Son of man shall send forth his angels,
    and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend,
    and them which do iniquity;

M't:24:28:
    For wheresoever the carcase is,
    there will the eagles be gathered together.

So far Jesus is the only one to ascend to heaven and return, the OT Saints that were resurrected the same day ascended with Jesus but the remained there and they are the 24 Elders in Re:2. They will descend to the earth at the end of the day the 7th trump sounds, the first two 'gathered' are the two witnesses of Re:11.

All of Israel will be alive and a remnant of the Gentiles will be alive, after that time Satan is unchained and he and all remaining fallen angels are released and fire from God in Heaven comes down and literally melts the world. The ones alive for the 1,000 years are 'raptured' to the 3rd heaven for the Great White Throne event. The 1,000 years qualifies them as being Priests to God and the Lamb so they can enter New Jerusalem as soon as they arrive there, the rest of mankind get their pardons and their drink of living water and agree to obey the new laws then they can enter New Jerusalem also. The city then leaves the 3rd heaven and descends to the new earth, which is void of life, when the water comes out of the city a new garden 'springs up' and the period called the new earth begins. With mankind all there the fastest way to start is by letting the water restore life to all the flesh that drew breath in this earth, then eternity progresses at a slower pace.

Isa:51:6:
    Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
    and look upon the earth beneath:
    for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke,
    and the earth shall wax old like a garment,
    and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner:
    but my salvation shall be for ever,
    and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Isa:60:22:
    A little one shall become a thousand,
    and a small one a strong nation:
    I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

Survivalist!
    Quote Originally Posted by works4dhs View Post
    there is a 'lake of fire' in Rev 20:10. this, not Sheol or Hades, is the traditional hell. I intend to avoid it.
    while the Bible doesn't refer to 'the' antiChrist, there is a very specific individual referred to with that title by scholars/students. he is mentioned in 2 Thess 2:2-4 as 'THE man of lawlessness, doomed to destruction'. many modern scholars suggest he is the same as the Islamic Mahdi.
    They should be stripped of those titles then. The three baddest ones are Satan, he makes his entrance when the 5th trump sounds, he releases a fallen angel that God has given 42 months to, his title is 'Beast from the Pit' an he is the main cause of the 5th and 6yh trumps being called 'woes on the inhabitants of the earth'. The 3rd woe is the 7th trump, that is the arrival of Jesus and the destruction of the Beast from the Pit. The 3rd bad guy in Revelation is called the False Prophet and he comes on the scene when the 6th trump sounds, he is an angelic figure that would be the leader of the 200M angelic horsemen.

Men come into play as 10 men are given kingdoms at the start of the Beast's 42 months (1260 days), the 'citizens' who follow them will be the 'anti-christ' and they are the 2/3 of mankind that die in the same afternoon that the two witnesses are resurrected. That is why the 3rd woe is also called great tribulation and the other two woes combined are called tribulation. The bolded part adds up to 3 1/2, in Re:11 it tells us it will be 3 1/2 days that the two saints will be overcome. The men that are passing gifts back and forth are the anti-christ, they bow to Satan, the Beast and the False Prophet, all of whom are angelic beings which is how they can be sent to the fiery lake, the men (the anti-christ) is killed by Christ and sent to hell until the time of the GWT at Judgment Day.

Re:17:12:
    And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings,
    which have received no kingdom as yet;
    but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Da:7:24:
    And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise:
    and another shall rise after them;
    and he shall be diverse from the first,
    and he shall subdue three kings.
    Da:7:25:
    And he shall speak great words against the most High,
    and shall wear out the saints of the most High,
    and think to change times and laws:
    and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
    Da:7:26:
    But the judgment shall sit,
    and they shall take away his dominion,
    to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

On the Edge - any place else is taking up too much space
    =MHz;486384]The rapture is a little more than that, it is going to see God in Heaven, the literal place as seen in vision only in Re:4. Your term could be the same as a 'hop'.

Apparen tly, people will be also be vying for varying sized real estate holdings as well. Since you believe its an actual, tangible place, Which one are you bidding on? Take a peek at this one, its quite palatial. See picture at Rapture Ready link below.

The God Fearing Mansion: The Bible repeatedly declares to us that God will, someday, pointedly ask each of us to give an account of the good deeds we've accomplished in our life on earth. This type of mansion is for people that wisely acted on God's warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Something else that was never in there is the idea that heaven consists of people living on clouds with harps.

The modern word rapture comes from this word
    Do you mean, like this?

PHOTORAMA

http://www.raptureready.com/photo/ma.../mansions.html

In John 14:2-3 we read, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."
    The Bible says that each believer will be rewarded according to what good deeds he performed here on earth. I thought I'd speculated on what type of abode many Christians might find when they walk up to their heavenly mansion.

Galadriel: "I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. "Translation: "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

Survivalist!
    Living inside New Jerusalem does have some appeal, so does life outside.

Re:22:1:
    And he shewed me a pure river of water of life,
    clear as crystal,
    proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
    Re:22:2:
    In the midst of the street of it,
    and on either side of the river,
    was there the tree of life,
    which bare twelve manner of fruits,
    and yielded her fruit every month:
    and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
    Re:22:3:
    And there shall be no more curse:
    but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it;
    and his servants shall serve him:
    Re:22:4:
    And they shall see his face;
    and his name shall be in their foreheads.
    Re:22:5:
    And there shall be no night there;
    and they need no candle,
    neither light of the sun;
    for the Lord God giveth them light:
    and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Or, 2nd possibility.

Isa:65:21:
    And they shall build houses,
    and inhabit them;
    and they shall plant vineyards,
    and eat the fruit of them.
    Isa:65:22:
    They shall not build,
    and another inhabit;
    they shall not plant,
    and another eat:
    for as the days of a tree are the days of my people,
    and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
    Isa:65:23:
    They shall not labour in vain,
    nor bring forth for trouble;
    for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD,
    and their offspring with them.
    Isa:65:24:
    And it shall come to pass,
    that before they call,
    I will answer;
    and while they are yet speaking,
    I will hear.

While the English word Angel does not appear in the Bible, messengers of God do in the names of Michael, Gabriel, Satan and others. The Bible writers are not referring to humans but some spirit beings. The American Standard Version correctly does not use "Angel" in Hebrews 1:14. According to Strong's Lexican "in the King James Bible the noun malakh is rendered "angel" 111x, "messenger" 98x, "ambassadors" 4x." When the Bible was translated from Hebrew to Greek, malakh became aggelos in Greek, and later angel in English.

Hebrews 1:14

New International Version (NIV)

14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Hebrews 1:14

American Standard Version (ASV)

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to do service for the sake of them that shall inherit salvation?
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" G. Santayana

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    There are many references to Angels in the bible.

True.

Holy Grail
    Well what is called the Holy Grail is just a cup that Jesus drank wine from during His last meal. It is not holy and i doubt it still exists. Tails that if you drank from it you would never die are again silly traditions.

Antichrist
    Yes Antichrist is mentioned in the Bible.

I John 2
    18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

Hell is mentioned in the Parable of Lazarus. But it is not the Lake of Fire revealed in the book of Revelation. Hell seems to be a temporary holding cell. While the Lake of Fire is the eternal holding place.

Revelation 20
    13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Rapture comes from the Latin rapturo which was translated from the greek word for "Caught up" Caught up is in the Bible in the book 1 Thessalonians 4

1 Thessalonians 4
    17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

There will be a rapture. But it will not be the popular Pre-Tribulation rapture popularized by the media. It will happen on the Day of the second coming of the Messiah Jesus and that happens after the great tribulation.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

On the Edge - any place else is taking up too much space
    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    Rapture comes from the Latin rapturo which was translated from the greek word for "Caught up" Caught up is in the Bible in the book 1 Thessalonians 4

1 Thessalonians 4
    17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

There will be a rapture. But it will not be the popular Pre-Tribulation rapture popularized by the media. It will happen on the Day of the second coming of the Messiah Jesus and that happens after the great tribulation.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
    +1 for the Christian preachers of cult Rapture, their Devil and his hell.
    Galadriel: "I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. "Translation: "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member debonnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post

1 Thessalonians 4

in complete agreement

Survivalist!
    The 'rapture' on the day the 7th trump sounds is sinners being taken to a spot near Jerusalem to be part of a feast for the beasts of the field.

M't:13:41:
    The Son of man shall send forth his angels,
    and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend,
    and them which do iniquity;

Lu:17:34:
    I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed;
    the one shall be taken,
    and the other shall be left.

Lu:17:35:
    Two women shall be grinding together;
    the one shall be taken,
    and the other left.
    Lu:17:36:
    Two men shall be in the field;
    the one shall be taken,
    and the other left.
    Lu:17:37:
    And they answered and said unto him,
    Where,
    Lord?
    And he said unto them,
    Wheresoever the body is,
    thither will the eagles be gathered together.

The ones not taken that day walk to Jerusalem and witness much destruction along the way.

Jer:18:16:
    To make their land desolate,
    and a perpetual hissing;
    every one that passeth thereby shall be astonished,
    and wag his head.

La:2:15:
    All that pass by clap their hands at thee;
    they hiss and wag their head at the daughter of Jerusalem,
    saying,
    Is this the city that men call The perfection of beauty,
    The joy of the whole earth?

Zep:2:15:
    This is the rejoicing city that dwelt carelessly,
    that said in her heart,
    I am,
    and there is none beside me:
    how is she become a desolation,
    a place for beasts to lie down in!
    every one that passeth by her shall hiss,
    and wag his hand.

Just like the above verses hint at, the actual passages are quite detailed

The first two 'raptured' would be the two witnesses and they need a resurrection first. They only goto our cloud level and from that height they witness the destruction of sinners starting at Jerusalem. The 144,000 witness it from the same mountain that Jesus was on when Moses and Elias appeared to 3 Apostles. Before the living can be gathered the dead have to be gathered from the graves, all of that is accomplished on the same day the two are resurrected, nobody has left earth and all that are alive by evening of that day will be alive at the end of the 1,000 years.

The 'caught away' you are clinging to is equal to a skip from one spot on the earth to another one.

Ac:8:39:
    And when they were come up out of the water,
    the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip,
    that the eunuch saw him no more:
    and he went on his way rejoicing.
    Ac:8:40:
    But Philip was found at Azotus:
    and passing through he preached in all the cities,
    till he came to Caesarea.

The 7 vials pour out in a few hours on that day, that is called the 3rd woe and it is referenced as being the Great Tribulation.

Re:18:8:
    Therefore shall her plagues come in one day,
    death,
    and mourning,
    and famine;
    and she shall be utterly burned with fire:
    for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Woes 1 and 2 are called tribulation.

M't:24:28:
    For wheresoever the carcase is,
    there will the eagles be gathered together.
    M't:24:29:
    Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened,
    and the moon shall not give her light,
    and the stars shall fall from heaven,
    and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
    M't:24:30:
    And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:
    and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn,
    and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

M't:24:21:
    For then shall be great tribulation,
    such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time,
    no,
    nor ever shall be.

Re:16:17:
    And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air;
    and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven,
    from the throne,
    saying,
    It is done.
    Re:16:18:
    And there were voices,
    and thunders,
    and lightnings;
    and there was a great earthquake,
    such as was not since men were upon the earth,
    so mighty an earthquake,
    and so great.

Angels
    No, technically not.

Especially if angels are babies with wings.

But the word used is often "keruvim."
    Apparently, they are very ferocious.
    They also are not necessarily nice.

Well.

If you are going to mention that, then you should include that nowhere does it say that God is old, has white or gray hair, and a long beard.
    Doesn't even say that God looks like a man, although this is the assumption based on "in their" image.
    (Despite the fact that the same passage alludes that if God even had a physical image, it would be both male and female [their; male and female]... Ergo, God "has" a vagina).

Holy Grail
    Antichrist
    Certainly, it doesn't make it clear that the "lake of fire" is a possibility for everyone on the planet.

I thought it was pretty intriguing, yeah. Thanks.
    Poetry is superior to history -Aristotle
    True time is four dimensional -Heidegger
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players -Shakespeare

Dead Meat
    In the KJV, the word angel/angels appears 275 times. Go to the following link and do a word search:

http://www.biblegateway.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Word View Post
    Almost all the scriptures are about man's corrupt flesh that's the enemy of God, but only during this age. God placed the information to build this world into the DNA of our flesh. This DNA won't allow anyone to receive the knowledge of God that's required to interpret the prophecies. God has to change the DNA in his chosen servants to make them sinless saints, meaning they don't have any desire for this world left in their flesh. This way he makes us totally obedient to his knowledge so he can intepret the prophecies and find other servants who still have their worldly DNA. All us servants were created differently from men so that we're the only ones who can be used by God in any way he wants. This information is in the Bible but no flesh with this corrupt DNA can understand it.
    Now that is something I'd expect to read from the annals of the former "Ashtar Command". Who actually still have a website, despite the fact Jesus Christ Sonanda didn't arrive in the mother ship he pilots, so as to save the world from itself.

That corrupt DNA? Was created by the creator, if one believes in omnipotent omnigenetic Deity first.
    Thus, all else you propose indicates god plays chess. (bows to fellow pawn)

~ "And Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran. And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set. And he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep.
    And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven; and behold the angels of God were ascending and descending on it!"
    Genesis 28:10-12 (King James)
    Matthew 25:41 (KJV) (*King James Version traditionally being the version preferred by Evangelicals and Fundamentalist Christians)
    41. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

A perversion of the European pagan's god "Pan". Afforded in an effort by the early church to convert the locals unto the new faith. "The god's of the old religion become the devils of the new." Anonymous

Holy Grail
    An enigmatic product of legend. Originating, by debate, anywhere from the allegory afforded by pagan faiths alluding to the source/mother, of all peoples and the phallus that seeded the generations. Unto that legend of the Magdalene being impregnated by Christ and thus carrying forth the anointed bearing the seed of eternal life. (*This, well before the advent of the Dan Brown novel)

Antichrist
    ~ The term itself? Agreed. The allusion however, is quite another matter.

Personally, I think the antichrist is that/those Abrahamic faith(s) that seeks to install what the Antichrist of legend is purported to execute in the guise of a man. A war in the name of the one god, as it were. And that "man" image, is that cumulative population of each of those three , or that one, Abrahamic faith that seeks to engage so as to command it's primacy over the whole earth by any means available.

Deuteronomy 32:22 (KJV)

22For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

Indeed. :)

Thread Information