Thread: Changes noticed

Changes noticed

Disable These Ads!
    I have noticed that the number of people posting in the forums on the net has lessoned quite a bit

This could be because less people have access to the net for private use because of financial constraints,

Or it could be that less people post because of all the tracking that takes place on the net and they are worried about their profile being impacted.

What is your take on the situation ?
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

On the Edge - any place else is taking up too much space
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I have noticed that the number of people posting in the forums on the net has lessoned quite a bit

This could be because less people have access to the net for private use because of financial constraints,

Or it could be that less people post because of all the tracking that takes place on the net and they are worried about their profile being impacted.

What is your take on the situation ?
    Definately - Tracking. Uncertainty of repercussions from Big Brother and the men in black.
    Galadriel: "I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. "Translation: "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

It's too late for me to turn back now, so to hell with Big Brother and all the Men in Black.

Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    It's too late for me to turn back now, so to hell with Big Brother and all the Men in Black.
    You will probably be one of the first rounded up.

There is one other thing that could be a contributing factor and which has knocked me off the net before.

The web keeps upgrading and and sites become more complicated with the result the personal computers become so out dated they can no longer work. A lot of people simply cannot afford to just go out and buy a new computer.

I had to laugh with my old one. I picked up a real bad virus, struggled with it for weeks, but it could not work because I did not have enough ram for it to operate. My documents never got deleted after all.
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

Iam puppy, hear me yap. Contributor lycanox's Avatar
    That must have been an extremely old computer as most computers that are older than 10 years have no problem running the internet.
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/139/8/a/logo_by_lycanox.png

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member The Mule's Avatar
    Nowt to do with finance, nowt to do with with tracking.

Simply, Armageddon online is full of nutters talking about the end of the world. It's not to everyones taste.

The end of the world gets a bad press as well, it's like the little boy who cried wolf, there's only so many times you can predict it before people start thinking 'I may as live my life and enjoy it, instead of worrying about shit that may or may not happen'.

If the world ended tomorrow, Armageddon Online might get a few more hits !

Bank Robber Contributor Tsunami's Avatar
    I have noticed that some people have left and those that sign up don't say much compared to us regulars. I think it was the update, some left when we were down for a few days and never came back.

Well the drop has been on quite a few forums.

I also notice that the debunkers have grown to the point where a lot of the joy of social interaction has been removed. I used to post quite often on the religious sections, there is no real exchange there anymore as it has been drowned out so I seldom go there now days. Its quite possible that a lot of posters just got tired of the Politically correct "progressive" promotions and pushing and just drifted away. In fact the shill factor was complained about for a while and then participant numbers seemed to drop a bit. Having the same repetitive garbage crapping out threads on forum after forum does tend to wreck the net for others. Over control always has a negative impact.

Maybe people are getting burned out in general, on the 'net. I know I am. Tired of worrying. Seeking light. Getting bored. Feeling energetic. Feeling hungry for something that cannot be found in pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by lycanox View Post
    That must have been an extremely old computer as most computers that are older than 10 years have no problem running the internet.
    To update the software is the problem. Try running Vista on a computer made for windows 95. Its cheaper to just get a new computer than cough up a months rent for the new program

Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    Maybe people are getting burned out in general, on the 'net. I know I am. Tired of worrying. Seeking light. Getting bored. Feeling energetic. Feeling hungry for something that cannot be found in pixels.
    Well in times past a lot of friendships were made on the net but that is not happening anymore. In fact the social sights seem to have become a battle ground as of late.

My experience is a little different there, actually. My "net friends" seem to be much closer these days. It's like we're making ties that bind, on a level of the soul-consciousness maybe, or whatever we might call it.

next to a volcano near a subduction zone fault line by the ocean.
    My first gut feeling is that the argument rarely evolves...am not, are too, you're a jackass...you're a dick, that kind of stuff gets very boring, very quickly.Thank god for politicians, they at least, continue to churn up new and unique stupidity that "moves the argument along". My least favorite argument is: The Bible says this, that, or the other thing, so...we're all going to die. Couldn't we all agree that we're all gonna die anyway. The Bible doesn't really have that much to do with it. Lastly, another page skipper are the lengthy, cut and paste argument provers. They're too long and are frequently taken from websites like...Madman Monthly, The Insanity Journal, and The Wishful Thinking Press. Take "standeyo.com" as an example, They HATE Obama, LOVE Jesus, and throw just enough weather and science to keep me coming back. The last President in my lifetime who wasn't the anti-christ was Eisenhower.
    "The problem with the world is the intelligent are full of doubts while the stupid are full of confidence." - Bukowski

There's only so much abuse a person can take from people on forums especially when there are issues in real life to contend with.

I've noticed that places that used to be ones of mutual respect have been destroyed due to the knife in the back.
    Neither do men put new wine into old bottles

Apps... sparse forum-involvement with the new stuff. I wrote a song called Rock Killed Rock, alluding to some of the same technicolor gears that are inner-phasing the net, now.
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member
    I have been a longtime member of Ao and this is no surprise to me at all! There was a time when you could express yourself freely and not have to worry you were going to offend some thin skinned cry baby. Or you could make a joke without it being taken the wrong way. Now the moderating is to strict. Dare I say NAZI like. This site is nothing like it used to be and its sad. I will probably be banned now but someone had to say it.
    Samauri Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by equalizer View Post
    I have been a longtime member of Ao and this is no surprise to me at all! There was a time when you could express yourself freely and not have to worry you were going to offend some thin skinned cry baby. Or you could make a joke without it being taken the wrong way. Now the moderating is to strict. Dare I say NAZI like. This site is nothing like it used to be and its sad. I will probably be banned now but someone had to say it.
    Huh? Get hip, daddy-o...

" I am glad to know that there is an organization that is looking-out for me.
    Systematically.
    Channel One. "

television city
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

Thread Information