Thread: Batman Arkham City Rock!

Batman Arkham City Rock!

Disable These Ads!
    Got it for Christmas and it is awesome! So far I've met...
    Two Face
    Catwoman
    Joker/Harley
    Solomon Grundy
    Penquin
    Mister Freeze
    Deadshot
    Bane
    Red Robin
    Ra's Al Ghul and his daughter Talia
    Killer Croc(You gotta look up the easter egg on how to find/see him)
    Calender Man

And talked with Zsaz and Riddler but not seen them in person yet.
    The side missions have been awesome! Scanning crime scenes, finding where the bullet was shot from, scanning that for trace materials. Or finding a guy with his face cut off and following a trail of blood...

The gadgets are the coolest! The batarangs, batclaw, explosive gel, so forth make you the Batman!

And the world may not be as large as say, Skyrim, but it is still pretty big. You have the different buildings which look small on the outside but the insides are clearly much larger than the outside of the building.

The Combat is pretty cool to with your usual counters and stuff and there are plenty of different thugs. Some with armor, shields, different melee and long range weapons. And you beat up special ones for locations of Riddler Tropies(400 for Batman and 40 for Catwoman)

I get ADD when playing cause you have the main mission but all the side stuff distracts me.
    http://www.bartcop.com/gop-war-on-hellhath.jpg
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

32 Catwoman Trophies, 352 Batman Trophies. Completed all side missions except for Riddler(Trophies out of reach because of needing a certain code and by the time you get it you can't go to the area any more) but if you beat the game I think you can run around the city in a freemode kind of deal.
    Catwoman... Her missions are short but her trophies count towards yours. You need 400 trophies to find where the Riddler is hiding and if you can't find all 400 Batman ones you can find some of Catwoman's trophies to make up for the Batman ones you can't reach.
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member Hematite's Avatar
    What system you got?

I got an XBox W/ A CD reader/chip....So,I got alot of burned games.I have the first Batman game.It takes place in a prison w/ the Joker.I didn't get past the first board.I still have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a gaming system, not a RROD.

And got the first, beat it, it was great and this is just as good if not better.

Had the night off from work so I hunted down all 400 of Batman's stuff and all 40 of Catwoman's. The physical challenges were the hardest. The rest was mostly hit pressure plate, throw batarang, hit next pressure plate in so many seconds. But the PC stuff was tough because you needed this specific goon or needed the situation just right for you to get it done.

A dinosaur... no reason Contributor Stabby Joe's Avatar
    I'm now wondering where they'll take the series next. Not with just location but also villains. They've pretty much used the cream of the crop at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    I have a gaming system, not a RROD.
    Science doesn't have all of the answers... otherwise it wouldn't be science.

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member D34DGuY's Avatar
    Reading your sort of review made you sound hot ;)
    "Where knowledge ends, religion begins."
    -Benjamin Disraeli-

˙llɐ ʇɐ sʇɔǝɟɟǝ llı ʎuɐ ʇnoɥʇıʍ ʎʇıɔ puɐ ɯnlʎsɐ pǝʎɐld ǝʌ,ı

FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    How did you do that reef?
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

http://writeupsidedown.org/

Stabby's right about them jamming us with a hodgepodge of villains. Most of them deserve their own game. The comic-series and the 60's tv-series had it right... Bring in one villain. Present two occasionally. That's it.

Except every villain was locked up so it wouldn't make sense for some to be missing.

Also, you don't actually fight Kroc or Black Mask and there are a couple who just "disappear" so some are still out there.

Good point. In 'City' I kept forgetting it was a lockup-facility as well. I couldn't find Croc anywhere. When the shark nailed me near the Iceberg Lounge, I thought it was him. And some of the side-quests were distracting me from the main one, so I plan to replay the game in few weeks. -Plus, I don't believe Mark Hamill for one second. He'll be back.

Kroc was an easter egg where you had to do stuff in just the right order for him to appear(Look it up on Gamefaqs)

Ohhh... you had to line-travel, then fire another line at halfway... then scale-up and throw a remote-control batarang through a gap in an ironbar-grate. Tricky.

I interrupted my completion of Max Payne 3 for the DLC of Harley Quinn's Revenge... which is pretty good so far. A little stiff... The mechanics are the same. It all takes place within 48-hours of City. I'm about 30-minutes into it, switching-over from being Robin.
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

Thread Information