Thread: Very Vivid Lucid Dreaming Last Night

Very Vivid Lucid Dreaming Last Night

Disable These Ads!
    Wow. It's been a long time since I had such a strong lucid dream, the effects of which have been with me all day, in the form of shivers.

So basically I was walking down a road-path through these green beautiful woods. Everything was so shimmering and clear, and me without my glasses. I knew right away it was a lucid dream and as soon as I "knew" it, I felt running up and down my body this charge, this vibrating charge, like the shivers. I said to myself "I want to keep up with this! I don't want to lose it, no matter what!" so on I went down the path, which could also of been a small road for a single vehicle, dirt. During this time, it became night time. So the road turned to the left and I could feel myself floating and hovering, could feel the air in my face and on my arms, blowing my hair a little bit. All the while these is this buzz. I find myself in this little house, very small, beautifully but simply decorated it was, very clean. I remember these two matching, small recliners with a table between them, with a small light. Quaint, and very clean.

Then I drifted through the house and there were a few things, I don't remember what now. What I'm sharing now is what has stayed with me through the day, wish I'd of had the mind to share this morning, but then again people's dreams are rarely as interesting to others as they are to ourselves, anyway!

Well, I wound up looking out a window into the southern night sky, which was lightly covered with clouds, and I could see a half-moon through the clouds, shining through them. It amazed me that somehow I had gone back to the window of my bedroom as a child. All the while there is still this strong buzzing feeling through my body, which became so strong at the window, looking out of it, that I could audibly hear it.

I seem to have lost after that except I remember something about a chicken, surely meaningless.

BUT anyway when I woke up irl, my entire body was still buzzing like that. Tingling, shivering, like a low level electrical current. I felt this a few weeks ago at the Puscifer concert, too, and a few times since then when listening to a piece of music or a sound outside, like the whistle of the wind through the rocks at the North Spit. There must be a certain note that is doing it.

So all day off and on, I've felt this come through me like a wave. It's cool, and it is somewhat amazing, at least on a personal level. I'm not quite sure what to think.
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

Was it more vivid than lucid? I ask because it sounds like you were pulled rather than you controlled the direction you went. Maybe it is just the time of year, long nights, cold so we tend to stay indoors and maybe not have as much outside human contact, even the stress of the holidays, but I have talked to a lot of people who are having extremely vivid dreams and for me deja vu is through the roof. Now I don't really give deja vu any real mystical meaning although I have and have had friends who when they feel it have caught the last second or so and said thing like watch "this" and it happens.

As far as the chicken goes, o you find dapper southern men in white suits with goatees sexy? Perhaps you woke up too soon!
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    Was it more vivid than lucid? I ask because it sounds like you were pulled rather than you controlled the direction you went. Maybe it is just the time of year, long nights, cold so we tend to stay indoors and maybe not have as much outside human contact, even the stress of the holidays, but I have talked to a lot of people who are having extremely vivid dreams and for me deja vu is through the roof. Now I don't really give deja vu any real mystical meaning although I have and have had friends who when they feel it have caught the last second or so and said thing like watch "this" and it happens.

As far as the chicken goes, o you find dapper southern men in white suits with goatees sexy? Perhaps you woke up too soon!
    Well the lucid part is I was aware of it the whole time, and throughout the dream I kept telling myself to stay alert so I'd remember, but now you're creeping me out just a little, because your question "Are you sure you weren't being pulled" reminded me of an experience I had as a child, when my bed was right by that very window, which started as I was going to sleep and I felt as if my 'self' was pulled out from by through the top of my head and then just plunged into all sorts of crazy dream adventures.
    I'll never forget it. I had a clock radio by my bed, and was listening to my favorite station as always, going to sleep. The radio got staticy but I was too tired to roll over and adjust the dial. In my dream, what was pulling me out of my head was the static.

What do you think deja vu is?

Tonight I watched a fascinating episode of Star Trek, TNG. Dr. Crusher basically got pulled into this existence created by a 'warp bubble'- and her reality was based exactly on what she was thinking when it happened. She kept losing people on the ship, as in, one by one and then in groups, she thought people were disappearing from the ship, but those remaining had never heard of them at all, as if they never existed. Finally it was just she and Picard and he, too, vanished. So come to find out, it was the other way around- she is the one who disappeared from the ship, in the time warp thing, and they were looking for her. As long as the warp bubble remained whole, her reality would stay the same, but like I said she kept losing people" and was in danger of being whisked away forever, herself, as the warp bubble was collapsing.

Well anyway, long story short, she finally figured it all out and it boiled down to, the reality she was experiencing- this ship with everyone disappearing, had to be related to exactly what she was thinking about just when she was taken through the time warp. She had been thinking about people in her life who had disappeared, like her husband who died years earlier, and a conversation with a beloved friend about people they loved disappearing, and about the fact that he was feeble and probably about to die, too. So her created reality- everybody around her was disappearing from her life. That's deep.

(Hey I also used to LOVE Kentucky Fried Chicken! LOL)
    Last edited by Nu Kua; Dec 30th, 2011 at 6:33 PM.

Bank Robber Contributor Tsunami's Avatar
    To me chickens have always represented mothering. Laying the eggs, patiently sitting on them until they are born ect... All those 'women' together with a shared cause to protect and nurture, clucking away.

These are just my thoughts as I have no idea about dream reading.

next to a volcano near a subduction zone fault line by the ocean.
    There aint nobody here but us chickens...

"The problem with the world is the intelligent are full of doubts while the stupid are full of confidence." - Bukowski

I am sure you all must think I am crazy.

next to a volcano near a subduction zone fault line by the ocean.
    Of course we think you're crazy, that's why we all like you so much.
    "The problem with the world is the intelligent are full of doubts while the stupid are full of confidence." - Bukowski

LOL @ the chicken video. "We chickens just trying to sleep and you come busting in!"

I haven't slept all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    I am sure you all must think I am crazy.
    7 out of 10 voices in our heads concur.
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    Well the lucid part is I was aware of it the whole time, and throughout the dream I kept telling myself to stay alert so I'd remember, but now you're creeping me out just a little, because your question "Are you sure you weren't being pulled" reminded me of an experience I had as a child, when my bed was right by that very window, which started as I was going to sleep and I felt as if my 'self' was pulled out from by through the top of my head and then just plunged into all sorts of crazy dream adventures.

What do you think deja vu is?
    And actually lucid dreaming does have degrees from just being aware to being able to control the dream to varying levels.

I think just about everyone has that pullled out of yourself or even physically lifted out of your home and into a dream. I remember one night as a kid telling my parents they shouldn't watch such scary movies, when they wanted to know how I knew they were watching it I told them I saw it when I flew past the window, LOL. Freaked them out completely. But really I just heard it in my sleep and my mind did the rest. A few years later Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte was on TV and I knew that was the movie they had been watching.

Deja vu? I have read everything thing from the idea it is a misfire between our brains and eyes to consciousness from parallel universes bleeding through when events are extremely similar. I am more toward the brain eye thing. Our subconscious is so powerful you can explain those times when you can call that last second of deja vu before it happens as your subconscious taking what you are perceiving to its logical or expectedconclusion. It's always something like, that books gonna fall, or so and so is coming up the walk. If it's a delayed response to visual cues it also has to affect your auditory sense as well so maybe you heard the book fall but it didn't register as well so your mind took what you experiencing to it's end.. The problem with that is though, when you do it in front of somebody. Wouldn't you actually be telling them something they already saw happen a split second before? Unless there is some sort of trigger you are both responding to. Mentalists have shown how even combinations of words, light, color, touch can trigger a response in us so I don't see why there can't be a natural trigger that might throw a group of people "off" at the same time. It would also explain why some will ask if someone is feeling deja vu and people around them respond they are.

Now I don't rule out the possibility of a more paranormal or spiritual source, but until someone says "Wow I am feeling deja vu. I think a 23 year old pre-boob job Pamela Anderson is going to time travel to right now and bang you here on the sidewalk!" and it happens.......... I'll stick with it being a mini mind trip. Of course if it happened, I don't think the how would matter much.

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member
    Nu Kua, sounds like you had an OBE (Out of Body Experience) earlier in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzion View Post
    Nu Kua, sounds like you had an OBE (Out of Body Experience) earlier in your life.
    I think you're probably right.

What are all those swirlily and geometric images after I close my eyes??
    "DARK-SIDED! Tampering in dark-sided stuff.
    Gargolyes! psychics" Margaret
    Maybe you can do like the horses do and send this message to your Ex via telepathy. Fut004

Quote Originally Posted by Cherisa View Post
    What are all those swirlily and geometric images after I close my eyes??
    Spiral Out :-)

Last night, or maybe the night before, I had a another lucid dream. First I found myself up towards the ceiling of a smoky little restaurant, with lots of wood, and in a country foreign to me. I was close to a ceiling fan. The people I remember had dark, thick, wavy hair, kind of frizzy as if it were damp outside, and light colored skin. There were 4 people seated at a booth, 2 women and 2 men. They were all talking and I wondered, if I poke that lady's cheek, will she notice it? So I swooshed down, and I did, a few times, and I can describe how it felt. Just a little resistance, slightly rubbery or "bouncy" in some way. She didn't seem to notice. I touched her head and her hair felt almost like smooth plastic-y strands, like doll hair. My perception of how people felt when trying to touch the dream to the physical was altered, it seems. Then I realized, it was kind of weird for me to be poking and patting on this person. :P But I suppose it's normal at some point to try to find out. I swooshed on up and around the room, then it faded from view.

Maybe you have a variant of the astral projection-gene.
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

Thread Information