Thread: No Joke - Someone in Bejing China Just tried to drop a cookie into my computer

On the Edge - any place else is taking up too much space

No Joke - Someone in Bejing China Just tried to drop a cookie into my computer

Disable These Ads!
    This IP 12.0.0.1 when refused the permanent cookie alert and googled it revealed.
    120.0.0.1 - China IP. Detailed location, ISP and more info.

120.0.0.1 - China IP information. IP Tracer and IP Tracker and other DNS Tools.
    www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/120.0.0.1

I've been revamping my computer security with a few new programs that catchs "things" I suggest people start doing some fortifying of their computers. IE security options, advanced settings.
    Galadriel: "I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. "Translation: "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar
    Was it Chocolate Chip????

Seriously though. What did the cookie have in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post

Soy Sauce. Probably a tracker with Data gathering capabiities so they can send me emails saying I have unclaimed inheritance, enough to open a chop stick factory? WTF knows. If its from Bejing I definately don't want it. This one tried to drop a time stamp which I especially disliked.

Anywho. If anyones interested ;

Tor onion proxy software Main article: Tor (anonymity network)

The Vidalia Tor-network map.

The Tor anonymity network ('Tor' for short) is a system aiming at online anonymity.[12] Tor is an implementation of onion routing. It works by relaying communications through a network of systems run by volunteers in various locations. By keeping some of the network entry points hidden, Tor is also able to evade internet censorship. Tor is intended to protect users' personal freedom, privacy, and ability to conduct confidential business.

Users of a Tor network run an onion proxy software on their computer. The Tor software periodically negotiates a virtual circuit through the Tor network. At the same time, the onion proxy software presents a SOCKS interface to its clients or users. SOCKS-ifying applications like Polipo may be linked with the Tor onion proxy software, which then multiplexes the traffic through a Tor virtual circuit.

Tor is referred to as Onion Routing because as the packets are passed between each node, an additional layer of encryption is 'peeled back' like an onion. And by the time the packet reaches it's destination, all of the layers of encryption have been removed.

The software is open source and the network is free of charge to use. Vidalia is a cross-platform controller GUI for Tor.
    [edit] I2P anonymous proxy

Main article: I2P
    The I2P anonymous network ('I2P') is a proxy network aiming at online anonymity. It implements garlic routing, which is an enhancement of Tor's onion routing. I2P is fully distributed and works by encrypting all communications in various layers and relaying them through a network of routers run by volunteers in various locations. By keeping the source of the information hidden, I2P offers censorship resistance. The goals of I2P are to protect users' personal freedom, privacy, and ability to conduct confidential business.
    Each user of I2P runs an I2P router on their computer (node). The I2P router takes care of finding other peers and building anonymizing tunnels through them. I2P provides proxies for all protocols (HTTP, irc, SOCKS, ...).

The software is free and open-source, and the network is free of charge to use.

Galadriel: "I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. "Translation: "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

Tor is great, but it's not compatible with Java, most of the time.

The best option is to use it with Firefox though, for easy "toggling."

But yeah, I like Tor. The only problem when you are using Tor on AO is that it repeatedly asks you to log back in. Because you're technically from a different country every 15 minutes or so.

Also, to be on topic...

What else is there to do in China besides put lead paint on everything and hack into Western computers? If I lived in China, I would have given you a cookie too. For the helluvit.
    Poetry is superior to history -Aristotle
    True time is four dimensional -Heidegger
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players -Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Beatnik Bob View Post
    What else is there to do in China besides put lead paint on everything and hack into Western computers? If I lived in China, I would have given you a cookie too. For the helluvit.
    Haha. Tis true. I read more about Chinese hacking. Seems like its become the national recreational past time. Everybody in China who has a computer is a potential wannabe hacker. Something about national pride - and they - reknowned hackers gone public - made no bones about hiding the fact that they hacked into the US Dept of Navy. They have since hit our satalites and other facilities.

http://www.adamdodge.com/esi/chinese...al_war_college

And this was in 2006 - no doubt even the avg chinese seek to become a pro

Apparently hacking into someones computer in another country is the ONLY travel visa they are likely to get in their lifetime. I guess its their version of on line computer games.

Yeah, Chinese hacking is really cute. So nice to be understanding and all but aren't we missing the point? THEY WOULD EAT YOU IF THEY COULD!

It's like trying to "understand" a snarling dog who has sunk his teeth into your leg when you were on your way to work and minding your own business.

I could give two fucks about why rabbits are eating my carrots when I have a family to feed.

The Chinese are quickly becoming pests.

I wonder how they taste...

http://remyvanruiten.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/logo1.jpg

"...some parts of his work are half-finished, while other parts make a strange medley."...;)...

Thread Information