Thread: New world society... what shhould it look like?

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member

Question New world society... what shhould it look like?

Disable These Ads!
    You have been preparing for years, and now it comes. Total economic collapse, some super volcano goes of, ecological collapse, whatever. It happens.

The world is a mess for about a few years, billions die due to direct and indirect consequences of the disaster. Entire nations have failed and collapsed, industrial chains have failed and collapsed, etc.

But you are one of the few (250 million or so) survivors worldwide. You have prepared for all this and come out of your hiding place finding countless rotting corpses, entire cities in ruins, nothing works anymore (except for the renewable resources you have managed to maintain).

Now what? Rebuild society of course, with the few survivors in your area. What should happen then? How should that be worked out?

What should society look like?
    What should humanity use for governance (if any)?
    How should the economy work? Should we turn back to currency for trade or are there better options?
    How to deal with the disabled and elderly?

Thoughts?

### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzion View Post
    You have been preparing for years, and now it comes. Total economic collapse, some super volcano goes of, ecological collapse, whatever. It happens.

The world is a mess for about a few years, billions die due to direct and indirect consequences of the disaster. Entire nations have failed and collapsed, industrial chains have failed and collapsed, etc.

But you are one of the few (250 million or so) survivors worldwide. You have prepared for all this and come out of your hiding place finding countless rotting corpses, entire cities in ruins, nothing works anymore (except for the renewable resources you have managed to maintain).

Now what? Rebuild society of course, with the few survivors in your area. What should happen then? How should that be worked out?
    Coming out of your cave would be like arriving late at a party.

What should society look like?
    Survival is not a fashion show. It doesn't matter what society ought to look like, all that matters is that society functions at top efficiency.

What should humanity use for governance (if any)?
    Obviously dictatorships. They're the most efficient and effective. My kingdom will be a military-style dictatorship. I give the orders, everyone jumps. I surround myself with the best and brightest to ensure I have the best information before making decisions, but in the end it will I alone who makes the decisions.

If people don't like it, they can go off in the wilderness and die or go be a slave or get eaten as lunch by some other group.

How should the economy work? Should we turn back to currency for trade or are there better options?
    Uh, I think you're a little clueless about Armageddon.

In most cases, you'll be reduced to a 0 Economy. A 0 Economy is subsistence agrarianism. It gets real simple real fast: You need about 8-10 bushels of food per person to survive (and that would be a diet of 750 to 1250 calories per day) and one acre of land can produce maybe 7 to 10 bushels of food (and don't forget you'll need 2-3 bushels for seed). You'll need 12 people to work each acre of land, assuming you have a animal and a plow. If you don't have an animal and a plow, you'll need about 40 people to clear one acre of land for planting and to plant it in time.

Get it?

And you're going to use currency? Backed by what? The good faith and credit of your group leader? There's not going to be any money for centuries and centuries. It won't be needed.

How to deal with the disabled and elderly?
    The disabled work and pull their own weight or get cast out.

The elderly are quite valuable. 1 elderly person is worth 10 iPod Punks. Why? Elderly people survived in a non-technological environment, and many know how to do things the old way, and they know things that the present generations don't.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

Radioactive Serious Member
    i would be one of the first to leave your group with some of them ideas
    that or work from the inside and depose you lol

What would I do? I am not sure about myself, on this one, would I want to be in a new collapse world like this, I really dont know but for others, I think what you do is everything you can, to survive. Because I dont think that the people remaining will want to share anything they have and try to create a new world, I mean, it takes time, to get to this point, and it takes will.
    We did so much dammage to our planet Earth, that there would not be enough to eat for everyone even, if billions died. We dont live on hunting, we live because of live stock, that is coming out from giant slaughter house. When all of industries are gone, everything we know about, is too, food is no more but also medication etc etc etc.
    When that sinks in, in time, there is room to try to create a new way of life, a new world a new society, what I fear is we will do the same mistakes, but at least it will take a long time, rebuilding the technology, so it will help our planet to heal, that is maybe wishfull thinking? Possible.
    All this is of course base on if it was the end of everything, like described at the beginning of the thread.

Krakatoa.
    At all time, there is treath of danger and chaos, it can be natural or man made, I aware of this...are you?[/B]

After total collapse, mankind would do what it always has done, evolve based on conditions. We could hope for some sort of equal anarchic/libertarian utopia where everyone would be free to live as they wished and barter with one another but history shows us the people with the biggest group, most weapons, best access to resources, greatest geopolitical location combined with balls and good fortune will always rise to the top by any means necessary. There is no currency or economy to speak of after total collapse, basic necessities and currency and the economy is almost a completely immeasurable metric that would be almost entirely locally relative.

Thread Information