Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you make a sacrifice?

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member debonnaire's Avatar
    Disable These Ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider View Post
    I suppose in the current world we live in the greatest sacrifice is to rid ourselves of our possessions and wealth and give the proceeds to the poor, of course in doing so we would commit ourselves to a life of poverty. Below is quoted Mathew 19:21. There is the Christian religious connotation, but I think philosophically there is more to this than just the Christian view:
    ‘If thou wilt be perfect , go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor...come follow me’

This is a philosophy as any other. In terms of making a sacrifice it asks something that few of us would actually do, but my motive isn't that, but about individual choices, when would you make a personal sacrifice to a greater good?
    Is there a sacrifice you’d be prepared to make? Why would you make it and what would drive you?
    Greetings Palerider,
    when God told ( rather showed by the Spirit's anointing inwardly ) to give/sacrifice something , you don't always know the reason why and the outcome ... not even if it will be for the greater good, ... sometimes yes it is kinda evident , but sometimes no.
    What would drive me (again) ? aside of being the more available possible , the "prompting" of the Holy Spirit.
    2 "sacrifices" that would seem as equally good actions to me, one would be approved by God , when the other would not.

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member debonnaire's Avatar
    Gungor - I Am Just A Man

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider View Post
    Yes you kinda get where I'm coming from with this, though if you have reached the point that you have experienced the call from God, would you follow that path.....?

Remember the love you mentioned is unconditional love.
    Hi Pale Rider:
    The kind of love, faith, and devotion that the people in the bible witnessed disappeared with the destruction of the temple(the Church). The message of the early church contained great power in it's pure form, but the destroyers cast down the message and turned it into a heap of confusion because the original message wared against sin. The human nature is utterly deceitful and prefers sin and sought to stray away or change the message and what you have today is lots of counterfeit messages.

I am seeking to reconstruct the true message and have had some success (thank God). Good works are always acceptible with a good heart and I feel my good work has been to reconstruct the truth and to make it known to those whom care (God willing), if there be any who do care if they can see through the Devils smoke screen. At the same time I must war against the sins of my flesh that are against my faith.

Sincerely:
    Hehatreadethit

Thread Information