Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: “Occupy Wall Street” -Occupy America

“Occupy Wall Street” -Occupy America

Disable These Ads!
    Raw Story:

The New York Police Department (NYPD) on Saturday cracked down on “Occupy Wall Street” protesters in a big way, arresting roughly 80-100 people, including members of the press, and accusing them of blocking traffic and resisting arrest.

One person was charged with assaulting a police officer and one officer suffered a shoulder injury, an NYPD spokesman said.

In the footage below, that crackdown is shown from the perspective of a protester, who scrambles through the chaotic melee trying to get each arrestee’s name before police haul them away.

“Do not do what you are told,” the Occupy Wall St. group urged NYPD’s lower-ranking “blue collar” officers on Wednesday. “We are peaceful and you know this. We offer you coffee in the morning and water in the day. You always refuse and we know that’s because they told you to. Speak of the crimes of your supervisors. We will help you. We are expressing the same frustration that you feel. You are the 99 percent. Join us. Join our conversation.”...
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

There is also a video of the NYPD pepper-spraying a group of female protestors whom they had rounded up and gathered together behind orange mesh fence. The cop actually runs up to the contained women who were not exhibiting a threat and pepper-sprays them.

This film is in slo-mo to show the details.
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Last edited by Nu Kua; Feb 1st, 2012 at 11:10 PM.
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

Karma caster Contributor
    We live in a police state... if you attempt to oppose the police they beat the hell out of you... . So if you plan to stand up to an officer ...plan to win. Nothing short of incapacitation will work. Peaceful protests are just total fails. It is like begging the piggie thugs to hurt you.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Couple the aggressive subversion of a people's right to protest with a near total media blackout on the MSM...

and people sit around and wonder why nobody cares anymore, why the U.S. is not "like Greece" or "like Egypt", and so on.
    It is not so much that people do not care- we are dealing simultaneously with being oppressed and being censored by the press.

Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar
    Thank you for posting this Nu. I hadn't had a chance to get to it. I'm glad I'm not the only one paying attention to this under
    reported ongoing event. I believe it is day 10 of this?

Iam puppy, hear me yap. Contributor lycanox's Avatar
    Or the protests just got hijacked by rioters. Which is usually the case when this kind of stuff happens.
    Especially when you arrange them on Internet. Where god knows what kind of people are attracted to them.

Not that the protest it was ever much to begin with anyway.
    A couple of hundred people in the middle of New York is pretty much a complete failure. An hot dog stand giving away its stuff likely attracts more people.
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/139/8/a/logo_by_lycanox.png

Life is good Contributor Tired Old Man's Avatar
    It use to be to Serve And Protect. I'm not sure what to call it today. I understand the police have a hard job.
    Today it is more like confine and beat.

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member hobobone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    We live in a police state... if you attempt to oppose the police they beat the hell out of you... . So if you plan to stand up to an officer ...plan to win. Nothing short of incapacitation will work. Peaceful protests are just total fails. It is like begging the piggie thugs to hurt you.
    That Sir is correct, I will state once again...The level of violence needed to overthrow a government is dependent on how powerful that government is.

Ive watched all the You Tube videos on the protesters..While i believe that peaceful protest will get you nowhere, i still commend them for their attempt. They stood up for what they believed in. I love to see America getting mad as hell..They need to be..

When was the last time that you stood up for what you believe in?...and im asking myself this question also...
    America is a two faced dictatorship, and the dictator is $$$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobobone
    While i believe that peaceful protest will get you nowhere
    Where will violent protest get you?

Look at the Middle East...All the peaceful protest ended in violence. Their governments dont have half of the constricting power that our government has on us.

This government does not listen to us nor do they fear us. Some humans only learn from pain or violence..

What does violent protest get you??? In time civil war and then possibly government overthrow....This though will take sacrifice, hard work, and loss of life..And many other inconveniences.

Along with overthrowing government you will need to overthrow many large corporations, as they are our government. When 400 or so extremely wealthy Americans run the government, then those Americans must be taken out or at least relieved of their wealth.

It is possible that with the right group of "hackers" you might be able to have a less violent overthrow..But in the end the people who have for generations controlled us, will become violent. They arent going to let their power and money disappear without putting up one hell of a fight.

### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    Where will violent protest get you?
    Where ever you want to go. And peaceful protests got the Egyptians where? Nowhere. They're just as worse off as they were before (different bread, different circus), except they tipped their hand and I'm sure the internal security apparatus has a nice photo spread on everyone.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by hobobone View Post
    Look at the Middle East...All the peaceful protest ended in violence. Their governments dont have half of the constricting power that our government has on us.

This government does not listen to us nor do they fear us. Some humans only learn from pain or violence..

What does violent protest get you??? In time civil war and then possibly government overthrow....This though will take sacrifice, hard work, and loss of life..And many other inconveniences.

Along with overthrowing government you will need to overthrow many large corporations, as they are our government. When 400 or so extremely wealthy Americans run the government, then those Americans must be taken out or at least relieved of their wealth.

It is possible that with the right group of "hackers" you might be able to have a less violent overthrow..But in the end the people who have for generations controlled us, will become violent. They aren't going to let their power and money disappear without putting up one hell of a fight.
    You bring up a great point, in that there are multiple entities which come together to take part in the oppression of the people. Therefore, there are different degrees of resistance, different ways to resist and to protest, that need to be employed simultaneously. 1,000 ways at least.
    I can see though where violent protest would be necessary in that the protestors really need to start thinking about defending themselves. Clearly we are not going in a good direction.

Thats assuming things would go the same here as in Egypt..We are not Egypt.. No one really knows how the direction of a civil war or government overthrow would go here.... But thats neither here nor there, seeing how even if we did get to government overthrow, there wouldnt be enough competent people in this country to restore a level of sanity and a form of government...

If you want to change the direction of this country, you need to redistribute the wealth. And then for a time you will have a far more level playing field..

But all of this is just talk and conjecture, as i havent met very many people willing to do what it takes to overthrow this cortopracy...Its all just talk and talk gets you nowhere...at least those protesters acted on something..

The end result may be worse than it is now..but i would be willing to take that chance as long as it was with a group of like minded people...In my race it is noble to die for a cause..

Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    You bring up a great point, in that there are multiple entities which come together to take part in the oppression of the people. Therefore, there are different degrees of resistance, different ways to resist and to protest, that need to be employed simultaneously. 1,000 ways at least.
    I can see though where violent protest would be necessary in that the protestors really need to start thinking about defending themselves. Clearly we are not going in a good direction.
    You see the big picture...not everybody does..Sadly

If any of you want to get involved with the Occupy movement, there are many of them. Type "occupy" and the name of your metro area into Google. I just discovered today that there is an Occupy Atlanta.

### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    That Sir is correct, I will state once again...The level of violence needed to overthrow a government is dependent on how powerful that government is.
    Then this government need not worry ever, because Americans just aren't up to the task.

No, this government definitely listens, but it does not fear, in part because it controls the media and the flow of information.

Here Comes FIATtackWatch: Ben "Big Brother" Bernanke Goes Watergate, Prepares To Eavesdrop On Everything Mentioning The Fed

Yet where Obama took about 24 hours to crash and burn, someone else has stepped in with a far stealthier method of ferreting out the traitors amongst us: none other than our old friends, the Federal Reserve Bank of the United States, which in a Request for Proposals filed to companies that are Fed vendors, is requesting the creation of a "Social Listening Platform" whose function is to "gather data from various social media outlets and news sources." It will "monitor billions of conversations and generate text analytics based on predefined criteria."

Most importantly, the "Listening Platform" should be able to "Handle crisis situations, Continuously monitor conversations, and Identify and reach out to key bloggers and influencers." Said otherwise, the Fed has just entered the counterespionage era and will be monitoring everything written about it anywhere in the world.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/here-c...mentioning-fed

Along with overthrowing government you will need to overthrow many large corporations, as they are our government. When 400 or so extremely wealthy Americans run the government, then those Americans must be taken out or at least relieved of their wealth. But in the end the people who have for generations controlled us, will become violent. They arent going to let their power and money disappear without putting up one hell of a fight.
    That's why the communists executed everyone. As gruesome as it may seem, it is the only sure way to prevent retribution, and to prevent those who lost power from coming back. If you don't exterminate them, they'll co-opt your movement, take control and then they'll be in power and getting rid of them will be 10 times harder than getting rid of any government.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

I still wish it would rain. Water makes pepper spray burn even worse.

These people are mostly homeless hipsters who are just pissed because a "free-trade" mochaccino currently costs more than they can make in an hour with their Cultural Anthropology degrees.

pepperspray.jpg

"Oh!!! The HORRER!!! I didn't order a spicy mochaccino!!!"

These crying pussies should try CS tear gas like every U.S. service member has to go through in boot camp.

Bunch of babies!

WAAAAA!!!! Lol!
    http://remyvanruiten.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/logo1.jpg

"...some parts of his work are half-finished, while other parts make a strange medley."...;)...

Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiehlroy View Post
    I still wish it would rain. Water makes pepper spray burn even worse.

These people are mostly homeless hipsters who are just pissed because a "free-trade" mochaccino currently costs more than they can make in an hour with their Cultural Anthropology degrees.

pepperspray.jpg

"Oh!!! The HORRER!!! I didn't order a spicy mochaccino!!!"

These crying pussies should try CS tear gas like every U.S. service member has to go through in boot camp.

Bunch of babies!

WAAAAA!!!! Lol!
    Corporate slave. That's what you are. A corporate slave.

The Guardian.uk:

A senior New York police officer accused of pepper-spraying young women on the "Occupy Wall Street" demonstrations is the subject of a pending legal action over his conduct at another protest in the city. The Guardian has learned that the officer, named by activists as deputy inspector Anthony Bologna, stands accused of false arrest and civil rights violations in a claim brought by a protester involved in the 2004 demonstrations at the Republican national convention...

...The lawyer said Posr was arrested on 31 August 2004, after he approached the driver of a Volkswagen festooned with anti-abortion slogans.

His arrest was not directly related to the protest against the Republican convention, but was at a time of heightened tension in the New York.

Levine said: "Police contend that Posr hit the man with a rolled-up newspaper. He said he was just talking to the guy. Bologna ordered another officer, Camejo, to arrest Posr."

Posr was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of second degree harassment, and held until September 2. On November 8, all charges against him were dropped.

Levine said that, in a departure from normal police procedure, his client was held in a special detention facility, at Pier 57, where he and others arrested were held until the protests were over...
    Kiehlroy- the protestors were herded together in a group and basically just standing there when Officer Bologna ran up to them and pepper sprayed 3 of them in the face. Even if the protestors are in fact "pussies", even though it is true that officers have a right and a duty to protect themselves and others from potential harm, I am unable to see how that act can be excused by an officer of the law.

In related news, Raw Story reports that the protests are slowly but surely spreading across the nation.

...The protest spread to other cities over the weekend.

A small group of "Occupy Los Angeles" demonstrators marched through the streets of downtown Los Angeles on Saturday to show their support for the protesters in New York City.

"Corporate interests seem to be controlling both parties,” one protester told LAActivist.com. “The ‘little man,’ the ‘American every man,’ just isn’t getting their voice heard. When you need $35,000 to donate to a campaign to get your voice heard, to have a meeting, that’s not democracy.”

"Occupy Los Angeles" protesters plan to begin a demonstration at City Hall on October 1. The "Occupy Los Angeles" Facebook page had nearly 2,000 likes as of Tuesday afternoon.

Another demonstration popped up in Chicago over the weekend. Around 20 "Occupy Chicago" protesters gathered at Willis Tower, formerly known as the Sears Tower, on Friday and then marched to the Federal Reserve Bank. Some protesters have remained camped out in front of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, and the organizers said the "occupation" had grown from 4 people to about 50.

Other "occupation" protests are being planned for Detroit, Denver, Cleveland, Boston, Phoenix, Seattle, Kansas City, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C. The site occupytogether.org has been set up in hopes of coordinating the protests....

To be fair.... You're not allowed to protest in the street in New York. Just saying.
    Poetry is superior to history -Aristotle
    True time is four dimensional -Heidegger
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players -Shakespeare

On the Edge - any place else is taking up too much space
    A cute how too - do a smarter better planned Protest in NYC - I couldn't find a source that said it was "illegal" to wage a protest in NYC.

How To Protest In New York City

First of all, recognize that you are going up against the NYPD.

The NYPD mainly doesn’t live in New York City. They come from Long Island. They hate New York City. And they basically act like any occupying army does. And they hate protests. Although a protest can generate overtime, it keeps them away from their families and upsets their schedules. You are not a “duty calls” emergency. You are an annoyance. So they have even more reason to hate your ass.
    Second, protesters cannot carry signs on solid poles. The poles have to be light plastic or cardboard tubing. This is because the NYPD is afraid of having its head bashed in when people object to its illegal and abusive behavior.

Third, the NYPD will videotape you. They claim this is for their protection, for training purposes, for procedural purposes, for evidence in court, for any plausible bullshit they can throw before a court of law (just don’t count on that tape surfacing if it’s evidence in your favor).

That does not mean the NYPD will allow you to tape or photograph them. Stop thinking you’re in a free country when confronting the NYPD. You’re in a police state, period. They don’t give a shit if your cause is righteous or not. Frankly, anything that’s not pro-NYPD is ipso facto illegitimate and worthy of suppression. They’d go after Jesus Christ and his Apostles. In fact, they did, when they were Roman PD.

What the NYPD will not tell you about is facial recognition software. That’s another reason why they tape. But don’t ever expect an admission on that count. Or that tapes will be shared with the Department of Homeland Security (and all subsidiary agencies). Don’t be surprised if in some future encounter with law enforcement your face pops up with a neat already-assembled dossier of other protest actions you’ve been involved in. Hey, they taped you in public. If you didn’t want to be seen, why be in the protest to begin with?

This is also why there is a no-mask policy for New York City protest. You think some judge dreamt that up or decided it? That’s pure NYPD.
    What can’t the NYPD prevent?

Sunglasses. The sun hurts your eyes. You have sore eyes that day. You like to look fashionable. Everyone else was doing it and you wanted to fit in. Let the NYPD go to a judge and make a case against them. Let NYPD try to outlaw sunglasses. It will never happen.

Face-painting. Let them try to take that to a judge and claim it’s a mask, especially if the face painting doesn’t cover the entire face and is made of silly things, like cartoons or even flowers. Note that if the protest is to span several days, the face painting should be changed every day. In fact, it’d be best to change it every few hours. Don’t let the NYPD have the ability to single you out as “the daisy face.” It might be better to use stickers on the face, which can be easily swapped out instead of requiring a wash-off or rub-off.

Hats. Especially hats with brims. A simple what-looks-like-a-nod of the head to indicate compliance to NYPD can frustrate their taping of faces. Hats, like face painting, should also be swapped daily or every few hours. They can’t prove one person wore the same hat for the entire day when there will be witnesses testifying there was always a plan to swap hats.

Fake moustaches. Amish-type or goatee-like fake whiskers. Caricaturish unibrows. Are any of those a mask? Let a judge decide — when he’s through laughing.
    A huge mistake Occupy Wall Street made was in not understanding the NYPD, the NYC protest rules (no loudspeakers or any electrically-amplified sound), and even NYC-native names for things. Zucotti Park? I’m a native New Yorker. I didn’t know what the hell any of you were talking about! Had you said Liberty Plaza — which is what we in New York City still call it! — I would have known exactly where you had camped out.

And as for camping out — are you serious? All of you in one spot that NYPD can swoop down on? Are you insane? You should have broken into groups to pre-arranged areas that had been scoped out way ahead of time. This is called planning. Was any done? Let NYPD have to spread themselves out hunting you down!

Why didn’t every single one of you have video cameras? Did you see how NYPD swarms someone for a takedown? That’s not just a matter of force. It’s to prevent a clear view of what’s happening and to prevent identification of the officers involved. If everyone is taping, there’s a good chance of getting a total picture of what actually happened and who exactly did it.

And if they want to confiscate someone’s camera? At least there’d be plenty more they wouldn’t get. And if they tried to confiscate all of them? Well, this is where there should have been planning. There should have been designated runners. People willing to resist such an NYPD demand who would run away like they’re on fire with a camera or several cameras. Hey, they’re not resisting or evading arrest — no call for arrest was made! And NYPD do not like to run. They carry a shitload of equipment on their belts and body that they can’t afford to lose. Your court defense? You were carrying evidence you did not trust the NYPD would preserve.

Finally, the first thing that should have been done was a coordinated effort to photograph the faces, shield numbers, and nametags of every NYPD member in the vicinity. It looked to me like several NYPD had black ribbon covering their shield numbers. That is supposed to be against public policy. The NYPD was given shit in the press for doing that at least once before. They can claim they had the wrong nametag on (yes, judges will believe that!), but having the incorrect badge on? No judge would ever buy that, which is why shield numbers are crucial for identification.

Should there ever be a sequel to Occupy Wall Street — because I don’t believe this unplanned one can last — I hope these tips are helpful.
    And if the NYPD doesn’t like this post, they should consult something called the Constitution of the United States of America. Something they are supposed to uphold. See the section under freedom of the press and free speech.

And, no, I’m not afraid:

http://mikecanex.wordpress.com/2011/...new-york-city/
    Galadriel: "I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. "Translation: "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

Loser of pens Contributor Vuall's Avatar
    You can email a complaint to NYPD at this address. IAB@NYPD.org

It would be cool if everyone not in the USA e-mailed the message "the eyes of the world are watching your brutality"

hehehe
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

I have some more efficient suggestions for Lillith's helpful list for protesting in New York....

First, it seems more logical to decide beforehand what you will all paint your face. If you are organized enough to schedule a protest/rally, then you could possibly have everyone's face painted, idk, dark blue or something. If you all look the same, it's a better form of anonymity then constantly changing your own face paint. Plus, it wastes less paint.
    Also, consider all wearing the same hats... Or some clearly well-to-do/prepared protester could distribute hats to protesters.... The same hat of course.

And the article didn't mention this, but goggles could be a good idea... For obvious reasons.

EDIT:
    Also, I wanted to clarify something. The reason you can't wear a mask in a protest or rally goes back to the KKK. It's the same reason why, today, all KKK protests must be done without anything covering the face. I don't know how specific the law is, but it was originally put into place in various places because of the KKK.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuall View Post
    You can email a complaint to NYPD at this address. IAB@NYPD.org

It would be cool if everyone not in the USA e-mailed the message "the eyes of the world are watching your brutality"

hehehe
    New Yorkers aren't Americans!!!

Hah! I kid... Maybe.
    Poetry is superior to history -Aristotle
    True time is four dimensional -Heidegger
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players -Shakespeare

Karma caster Contributor
    ttempt. They stood up for what they believed in. I love to see America getting mad as hell..They need to be..

When was the last time that you stood up for what you believe in?...and im asking myself this question also...
    Most recently and prominently with my drivers license. I owed the state of Virginia money for a ticket. When I begun to pay the ticket they lost my money so I vowed never to pay them again. They put a hold on my license and that lasted over ten years till Texas passed an amnesty thing for traffic violations. I got my drivers license today for the first time in 14 years. And Virgina will never ever get another dime from me.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Karma caster Contributor
    Also

Anonymous Leaks Personal Details of Cop Who Pepper-Sprayed Wall Street Protesters
    http://gawker.com/5843908/anonymous-...eet-protesters

Anonymous Leaks Personal Details of Cop Who Pepper-Sprayed Wall Street Protesters Anonymous is on the hunt for the cop featured in a video pepper-spraying Occupy Wall Street protesters for no apparent reason. They say they've found him, and are circulating a document with his and his family's personal information. This could get ugly. According to a document posted on Pastebin.com, the cop who blasted young women in the face with pepper spray in the now-iconic video above is NYPD Captain Deputy Inspector Anthony Bologna. Bologna was identified as the pepper-sprayer by a photographer who witnessed the incident and posted a blown-up image of his badge to his blog.

The Pastebin document, which has about 7,000 views at this writing contains Bologna's name and possible phone numbers and addresses, along with a list of potential family member names. It reads:

You know who the innocent women were, now they will have the chance to know who you are. Before you commit atrocities against innocent people, think twice. WE ARE WATCHING!!! Expect Us!

According to a 2005 article in the Villager, Anthony Bologna has been with the NYPD for nearly 30 years. He was in charge of Lower Manhattan's police precinct for five years, before becoming the "borough executive" of the Manhattan South Precinct in 2010.

What might Anonymous do with this information? One popular Anonymous twitter account asked: "Question: what kind of pizza do you think Antony Bologna would like?"—a reference to the group's favored harassment tactic of sending a flood of pizzas to victims' houses. If Bologna has any nude pics floating around he might want to clean those up, as Anonymous leaked nude pics of a BART spokesman during protests of San Francisco's public transit police.

NYPD, which told the New York Times pepper spray was deployed "appropriately," did not immediately return a request for comment.
    The pastebin dox dump is online and easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    Most recently and prominently with my drivers license. I owed the state of Virginia money for a ticket. When I begun to pay the ticket they lost my money so I vowed never to pay them again. They put a hold on my license and that lasted over ten years till Texas passed an amnesty thing for traffic violations. I got my drivers license today for the first time in 14 years. And Virgina will never ever get another dime from me.
    Well DONE!...I wish everyone would fight back in some way..

Thread Information