Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perry tests his Texas twang in key states

Perry tests his Texas twang in key states

Disable These Ads!
    So what do you all think of Perry? He "threw his hat into the ring" last week.
    I haven't delved yet into his issues or whatever, but I do get a strong feeling from him, based on what I don't yet know. He does not have the creepy factor that Romney does.

He's a cowboy hat wearing Texan, say's y'all a lot, and has all the home-spun sayings you'd expect from a Texas politician.

This article seems to suggest he might be trying to go for a GW appeal. If that's the case... well...
    Anyway.
    Washington Post
    Perry tests his Texas twang in key states

Politico
    Rick Perry's presidential run reorders 2012 landscape

I think he was smart to wait, to see what the others had to say... they were early making him fashionable late so therefore he's getting noticed.

On the Issues- Rick Perry
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

next to a volcano near a subduction zone fault line by the ocean.
    He would certainly join a long list of proud presidental texans:

Lyndon Johnson (vietnam/500,000 dead)
    George H.e.eH.a.w Bush (Persian Gulf war part 1)
    George Dubya Bush (War on Terrist, Persian Gulf part 2)

This guy has the "Texas Stink" all over him. His collar is way too tight and he has yet to coax his good buddy Jesus into a little rain. What would he actually do to improve the country's...anything? Taxes? Nope, not when we're at war with Sri Lanka and Ohio. What's his campaign motto going to be..."Save the babies, kill the grannies! If he runs the country as well as the other Gubner of Texas, we'll be the one's going to Mexico looking for those high paying jobs.

I don't know a lot about him but I think that Perry has pros and cons.

Cons - He's an evangelical Christian. (that's a big one)

Pros - he has actually been responsible for a budget and Texas has faired rather well compared to other states in the US during the recession.

His pros, he is definitely pro affordable education

His cons, he is a religious whacko

I have lived under this guy, he is not that great, would never vote for him.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

Karma caster Contributor
    OH god please kill rick perry.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member stayoffmymoon's Avatar
    Yeah this guy exudes charm, I could see him getting the ballad. I am actually very nervous about the upcoming election.

Take note, the GOP is raising the fear level to 11:
    http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/...rally-loaded-r

This is so fucking bad guys. The preachers for a presidential nominee who has a serious chance of winning are talking about the "illusive" illuminati to their voters.

It's really a perfect storm when you think about it. Call it Karma. Call it fate. But, when you use fear to get votes you summon the devil. If anyone wants to know more, let me know.

Crooks and Liars. LOL

And

Quote Originally Posted by stayoffmymoon View Post
    I could see him getting the ballad.

What??

Karma caster Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post

This guy has the "Texas Stink" all over him.

Thats a damn lie and you know it. That Perry Bastard is of the new england blue blood heritage and spends as little time down south as he can because he is a personal but buddy to the bush throne itself.

Fuck Rick Perry He ain't a texan.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

If he is as fundamentally religious as his "Issues" page comes across, just note that's a pretty big voting bloc.

Anyway, I don't normally jive with the whole Hitler thing but this struck me as funny and a bit unfortunate for Perry...

(He was in the Corp of Cadets at Texas A&M.)

Rick Perry on secession. Are you going to vote for someone to be in charge of the Republic when he thinks Texas can secede from it? Guess Rick never read Texas v. White 1869.

"According to The Associated Press, Perry suggested in response to a reporter's question that Texans might at some point get so fed up with Democratic-led actions in Washington that they would want to secede.

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that? But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

On Thursday, Perry called potential secession a "side issue of Texas history. ... We are very proud of our Texas history; people discuss and debate the issues of can we break ourselves into five states, can we secede, a lot of interesting things that I'm sure Oklahoma and Pennsylvania would love to be able to say about their states, but the fact is, they can't because they're not Texas."

A Perry spokeswoman said Perry believes Texas could secede if it wanted."

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...7/0417gop.html
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" G. Santayana

He's Romney, without the albatross.
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Rick Perry on secession. Are you going to vote for someone to be in charge of the Republic when he thinks Texas can secede from it? Guess Rick never read Texas v. White 1869.

"According to The Associated Press, Perry suggested in response to a reporter's question that Texans might at some point get so fed up with Democratic-led actions in Washington that they would want to secede.

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that? But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

On Thursday, Perry called potential secession a "side issue of Texas history. ... We are very proud of our Texas history; people discuss and debate the issues of can we break ourselves into five states, can we secede, a lot of interesting things that I'm sure Oklahoma and Pennsylvania would love to be able to say about their states, but the fact is, they can't because they're not Texas."

A Perry spokeswoman said Perry believes Texas could secede if it wanted."

http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...7/0417gop.html
    Not being able to secede is the antithesis of a Republic.

If secession is illegal, then you can hardly call it "the Republic." In a Republic, you can democratically decide. In an Empire, you can't.

You realize that saying he's anti-"the Republic" for supporting secession is a contradiction?

Anyway, I still wouldn't vote for him.
    Poetry is superior to history -Aristotle
    True time is four dimensional -Heidegger
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players -Shakespeare

Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    (He was in the Corp of Cadets at Texas A&M.)

Foreign Policy.com

What's Rick Perry's Foreign Policy?

...But what does Perry think about the world? He hasn't made that many statements on foreign policy, but we can gather some indications from the people he's taking advice from. Perry has held meetings with former Bush administration officials including Doug Feith and William Luti, as well as Shadow Government contributor Dan Blumenthal. Former Defense Secretary Don Rumsfeld has also reporteldy played a role in organizing his national national security briefings. This would seem to indicate that Perry is closer in outlook to the neoconservatism of the Bush adminsitration than the less interventionist approach of Tea Party leaders like Michele Bachmann and Rand Paul. Indeed, a source at the briefings told the National Review that Perry does not have “the neo-isolationism that you might expect from certain people [close to] the Tea Party.” (As if trying to complete the Bush White House circa 2002 vibe of his pre-campaign, Perry has also met with former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf, who came away from the meeting with the impression that Perry will run.) ...

...As governor, Perry as made visits to China, Mexico, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Qatar, Turkey, France and Sweden. Not surprisingly for a Texan, his thoughts on national security have mostly been directed across the Rio Grande. Last year, for instance, he suggested that the U.S. may need to deploy troops in Mexico to control the drug violence in the border region. Perry also defied the requests of the Mexian government, the Obama administration, the International Court of Justice, and Bush in July when Texas proceeded with the execution of a Mexican citizen...
    Wow.

If a quote from a book of his, further in the article, is an accurate representation of what he knows of world affairs, I must say, he is an idiot.

Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar
    Sorry to derail again

OMG! OMG!

SWEET JESUS that's HAWT!

Karma caster Contributor
    GOD DAMN you are the corn dog king!

wait a minute.... IS THAT HITLER STANDING BEHIND RICK PERRY!?!?!!

Note to self: Remember when eating cylindrical food in public, approach the food item from the middle, never from the top. (or bottom, as the case maybe.)

That's important to remember in these days of constant surveillance, and cell phone cameras, ect.

That might actually be Hitler behind him! This guy just can't escape Hitlerian references!

So who is the photographer present at that gathering that just happened to get all those photo's of the candidates suggestively eating corn dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    Sorry to derail again

OMG! OMG!
    http://forums.armageddononline.org/p...pictureid=1516

SWEET JESUS that's HAWT!
    No gag reflex?
    Be Impeccable with Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

Karma caster Contributor
    Don't you know? Corn dog stands double as photography stands for just such kinds of occasions.

Karma caster Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    Sorry to derail again

OMG! OMG!

SWEET JESUS that's HAWT!

You know I can almost see his eyes drifting off as he fights against the memory of that one time at the S&B frat house as a pledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    You know I can almost see his eyes drifting off as he fights against the memory of that one time at the S&B frat house as a pledge.
    Thank you sir may I have another?
    Be Impeccable with Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

<shudder> That gives me the creeps.
    I think he actually is creepier than Romney.

A week before he announces his candidacy, he holds a mass prayer rally. 30,000 people are estimated to have shown up.

Perry Leads Prayer Rally for ‘Nation in Crisis’

...In a 13-minute address, Mr. Perry read several passages from the Bible during a prayer rally he sponsored. Thousands of people stood or kneeled in the aisles or on the concrete floor in front of the stage, some wiping away tears and some shouting, “Amen!”...

Quote Originally Posted by Beatnik Bob View Post
    Not being able to secede is the antithesis of a Republic.

If secession is illegal, then you can hardly call it "the Republic." In a Republic, you can democratically decide. In an Empire, you can't.

You realize that saying he's anti-"the Republic" for supporting secession is a contradiction?

Anyway, I still wouldn't vote for him.
    Two facts.

The U.S. is a republic.

Unilateral states secession in the U.S. is unconstitutional. It is the law.
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" G. Santayana

FU Q 2 Contributor custompainter's Avatar
    Last edited by custompainter; May 3rd, 2012 at 2:41 PM.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Karma caster Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post

<shudder> That gives me the creeps.
    I think he actually is creepier than Romney.

Their is a reason one of us firebombed our governors mansion.

The only real shame is that Rick Perry was staying at his estate home at the time.

Rick Perry is the SOB that had to have his state congress explain to him in slow small words that he did not have executive power to declare law.

He actually tired to do that. He is a power grabber. He must be stopped at all costs. He is a regular bushite. I mean it sincerely when I pray from his removal of this earthly coil. Stroke, drowning, whatever, he can not be allowed into the same office. Rick Perry is a killer of man. He will send your children to die for thicker pockets.

I can not tell you how much Texans hate him.... Elections keep coming and going and he remains in office... I ask my neighbors ,my friends, my people in HEB , did you vote for rick perry?

I have not heard a yes yet.

I have only heard one person (a dumb shit to be sure) say "yes I voted for him."

FUCK RICK PERRY!!!!

Thread Information