View Poll Results: How Would You React to Child Abuse in Public?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would intervene

12 52.17%
  • I would stand behind someone else who intervenes

1 4.35%
  • I would phone the police but not approach

1 4.35%
  • I would expect someone else to intervene

0 0%
  • I would look the other way

1 4.35%
  • I would punch the woman in the mouth

3 13.04%
  • I don't know

1 4.35%
  • Other

7 30.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Would You React to Child Abuse in Public?

Disable These Ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuall View Post
    You would repeatedly punch a woman?
    In that circumstance, yep. I become the 1-year-old's biological parent for the duration... protecting the child at all costs. The 'puncher' pays a price for attacking 'my' child. An unforgettable one.

What courtroom-judge will seriously admonish my heat-of-the-moment self-perceived responsibilities to protect a fellow human-being who's unable to protect themselves?
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

Bank Robber Contributor Tsunami's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reef Badlaw View Post
    In that circumstance, yep. I become the 1-year-old's biological parent for the duration... protecting the child at all costs. The 'puncher' pays a price for attacking 'my' child. An unforgettable one.

What courtroom-judge will seriously admonish my heat-of-the-moment self-perceived responsibilities to protect a fellow human-being who's unable to protect themselves?
    If you did that she would probably play the victim and try to sue you.

Loser of pens Contributor Vuall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reef Badlaw View Post

I would say any judge would, no matter what the provocation, if you assault someone you are charged with assault. And rightly so.
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Rudely intervene vocally, and then punch her in the mouth if necessary, then stand over her and say, "how's it feel bitch?"
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

Little Bird of Prey phedrereine's Avatar
    More than a quick slap or spanking? I would call the police. Meanwhile I would draw other adults' attention to what was going on, so that they could witness the abuse and maybe we could confront the parent as a group. If that were not possible, I would follow the parent and hopefully get a license plate number and make and model of their car if they start to leave before the police arrive.

If the child were in immediate danger of serious injury, then I would immediately step in. But either way, I would ultimately call the police as soon as possible.
    "But more wonderful than the lore of old men and the lore of books is the secret lore of ocean."

FU Q 2 Contributor custompainter's Avatar
    A man "punching" a female is just as bad as the female punching the child. All it does is makes you an "abuser" to the "abuser". One is a bad as the other. There are many ways of putting somebody (anybody) on the ground without punching. IMO Real men dont punch women...NO MATTER WHAT.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    Look people... Sometimes babies need to be punch in their squishy little faces!

edit: also women.
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

FU Q 2 Contributor custompainter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeAfraid View Post

Like I said.........
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

So basically what you are saying is, you would sink to any depth with your posting, to troll for attention.
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    This thread is sickening...void of any real content.

The human condition demands more from yoou than this!! I physically feel sick
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

This thread is sickening...void of any real content.

The human condition demands more from you than this!! I physically feel sick
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

Abuse is not the same as restraining or positive/negagtive reinforcement.....a parents guidance is a just action....but outright abuse....???

I suppose in this warped world we now live in social justice or an appropriate measure of it has changed...I wonder where the demarcation of parental control ends and the markers of abuse begin????

As we become supposedly more civilised then I guess there is also a devolution of corrective/abusive behaviours......you fools...the lot of you.

To merely pose this question is to say that abuse has somehow merged with an unknowing wit!

It is by no means wrong to challenge a child or even adorn some small punishment, but also if a child has behavioural problems then there is in mind a instant problem....what of the parents behaviours???

Children not only copy but reflect who we are......did the parents responsibility just suddenly vanish? Is it all to easy to blame only the child or the parent.

CT punching is not an answer and only fuels another adult guise...an excuse to carry on....

I resent this thread entirely!!!

Abuse results from complicated scenarios.....learned behaviours and also children that learn those behaviours....abuse is a mixed bag....void of 'everday ordinary emotion/feeling' ...to punch or assault in anyway the parent will only result in later aggression to the child out of the public eye [ITS A BIG MISTAKE]......whilst emotion and feeling may fuel abuse it also wrongly fuels our behaviours too.

I have been on the other side of this...and believe me when an abusive drunk parent is challenged in public...the child when gotten home sufferes EVEN MORE...they are blamed for the social denial of the parent......an idiotic and completely futile idea is tht somehow public retaliation is key

IF YOU SEE ABUSE REPORT IT thats all you can do.....think of the child when the abuser gets them home...IDIOTS THE LOT OF YOU
    Last edited by palerider; Aug 8th, 2011 at 5:25 PM.

So basically what you are saying is, you would sink to any depth with your posting, to troll for attention.
    This is certainly NOT a low point for my posting vuall...

In all honesty I couldnt hit a young child and I have yet to hit a woman... But I could see where, and this is so far out there it would have to be in some alternate reality, that a woman who gets it in her head that she is as tough or tougher than a guy she is abusing might need to get thumped... Men AND women can be bullies and if a woman is a bully she had better be tough enough to back it up.

This is certainly NOT a low point for my posting vuall...

In all honesty I couldnt hit a young child and I have yet to hit a woman... But I could see where, and this is so far out there it would have to be in some alternate reality, that a woman who gets it in her head that she is as tough or tougher than a guy she is abusing might need to get thumped... Men AND women can be bullies and if a woman is a bully she had better be tough enough to back it up.
    NO....words and deeds affect how you feel....and hitting man or women is simply not an answer unless there is a situation where you can absolutely justify 'reasonable force'......we somehow are no longer able to understand:
    1. how we feel in a situation
    2. guiding emotion

If some bitch cant be talked out of NOT hitting me(in this alternate reality) she will learn that hitting me is a very bad idea the same way every bully learned not to hit me when I was growing up... Im not saying I think I would lay her out, but just a little reminder that having a vagina isnt a license to hit...

Hahaha, don't worry DBA, I don't think anyone noticed the U turn.
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

If some bitch cant be talked out of NOT hitting me(in this alternate reality) she will learn the same way every bully learned not to hit me when I was growing up... Im not saying I think I would lay her out, but just a little reminder that having a vagina isnt a license to hit...
    I can only say that if being hit is your reality then by definition 'reasonable force' is a means defending yourself.....however when physical contact is made you are at risk yourself either consciously or not of further harm.

In all of my experiences I have never been physical...perhaps that is my nature...or although I'm not sure perhaps my sub-conscious belief, but I do not believe for one moment that violence cures violence......however you seem not to have declared your real situation...but a hypothetical one???

Hahaha, don't worry DBA, I don't think anyone noticed the U turn.
    The first post was obviously a joke vuall...

In all of my experiences I have never been physical...
    How odd.

but I do not believe for one moment that violence cures violence......
    If we didnt learn from physical pain then we would not have evolved in such a way as to allow us to feel so much of it... Im not saying that I somehow taught bullies not to BE bullies... but they learned not to bully ME or my friends...
    however you seem not to have declared your real situation...but a hypothetical one???
    Indeed, I have never been bullied by a female.

How odd.

If we didnt learn from physical pain then we would not have evolved in such a way as to allow us to feel so much of it... Im not saying that I somehow taught bullies not to BE bullies... but they learned not to bully ME or my friends...
    Indeed, I have never been bullied by a female.
    You clearly may feel threatened in some way and I can appreciate the threat you feel....however, to say the things you have on a hypothetical basis concerns me.

I have lived and dealt with both mental and physical abuse from a MAN....yes I agree there are equal partners in crime as women too. BUT...can you honestly as an adult say the things you have said with any real sane emotional power??

You have the power to withdraw...retreat and NOT become a physical abuser....that is now as we speak within your grasp......

You clearly may feel threatened in some way and I can appreciate the threat you feel....
    I dont feel threatened at all...

however, to say the things you have on a hypothetical basis concerns me.
    Why? It shouldnt. We arent talking about things that are happening.

I have lived and dealt with both mental and physical abuse from a MAN...
    And I never allowed anyone to physically abuse me... See the difference? Those who tried learned very quickly not to. As far as "mental" abuse... Well I probably just dont have the emotional depth required to feel as though I was ever abused... You know the saying "Sticks and stones may brake my bones but names will NEVER hurt me".

yes I agree there are equal partners in crime as women too.
    Yes, and in my hypothetical situation, if a female bully cant be reasoned out of physically abusing me in some moment she would be MADE to stop... Whats concerning is that you seem to be saying you would allow it.

You have the power to withdraw...retreat and NOT become a physical abuser....that is now as we speak within your grasp......
    Hitting somebody BACK is not physically abusing them. And I really dont foresee any situation in which some crazy bitch will be wailing on me to the point that she needs a tap... I could physically restrain and remove just about every female on the planet... And I dont invite the overly crazy ones to come home with me anyways.

Your langauge is discerning and the tone.....perhaps in your head you don't seem to realise your verbalisation??

All I can say is if your not threatened and not in a situation then why use the language you used....erm a normal phrase of speech? A male twat dictating? An idiot alarmist announcing bullshit.

Live the life I have lived as a child and tell me this is a joke or a strange euthamism??....you JERK......to think that somehow a pure none-starter like you has an excuse to raise shit like this......thank yourself lucky you haven't lived it

Your langauge is discerning and the tone.....perhaps in your head you don't seem to realise your verbalisation??
    Perhaps you read your own feelings into my words...

All I can say is if your not threatened and not in a situation then why use the language you used....
    Because the language I used most accurately represents my feelings on the subject.

erm a normal phrase of speech? A male twat dictating? An idiot alarmist announcing bullshit.
    A cunt being a cunt?

Live the life I have lived as a child and tell me this is a joke or a strange euthamism??
    What joke? What are you on about? Maybe you were too small or too fragile to stand up for yourself... That sucks.

you JERK......
    You twit... See, calling people names is mean... and you shouldnt do it unless you are prepared to have it done to you. The golden rule and whatnot.

to think that somehow a pure none-starter like you has an excuse to raise shit like this......thank yourself lucky you haven't lived it
    You have read your own emotions into my posts... ergo, the way they made you "feel" is ENTIRELY on you... Now go away unless you can be reasonable.

You have already failed....read your own posts

In terms of strength of argument you cannot provide any real substantial strong argument for what you say.

Abuse is not just simply a dismissive process that you can bartar as it pleases you....it is a defining and lifelong scar both mentally and physically.

What I can identify with is that either you have been abused and become an abuser or you have no understanding of what ground you have mistakenly ventured on......either way your words in all of the last posts are grotesque and most certainly NOT unique....triallled and tested by many manipulative verbal abusers.....I invite your torents again.....

perhaps your emotional pain is my actual gain

You have already failed....read your own posts
    At what?

In terms of strength of argument you cannot provide any real substantial strong argument for what you say.
    I stated that I didnt allow myself to be bullied and that I wouldnt allow myself to be bullied, I also stated how I convinced bullies to leave me and my friends alone... There wasnt so much of an argument as there was a rundown of the facts. And whether you like it or not, pain is the quickest way that ALL mammals learn... and if a person cant be talked out of bullying me they can be convinced in other ways...

What I can identify with is that either you have been abused and become an abuser or you have no understanding of what ground you have mistakenly ventured on.
    Standing up for yourself isnt "becoming an abuser"... No matter how YOU personally choose to perceive reality palerider.

either way your words in all of the last posts are grotesque and most certainly NOT unique.
    I think you WANT to be a victim... Somehow being a victim of abuse is what you personally identify with and it is where you feel most comfortable... You like to be a victim, I do NOT. That doesnt mean I am an abuser.

I invite your torents again.....
    And it seems I am correct.

perhaps your emotional pain is my actual gain
    Learn to speak in plain english.

Palerider, I dont and have never hit a woman. I HAVE been hit by one and I let her know in no uncertain terms that she needed to leave my presence... luckily she was reasonable... Most guys that have ever hit me understood from my unfazed glare that they should never do it again... Some seemed to think they needed to try again but harder... Those guys are the ones I showed via pain, that they had made a big mistake.. I have a high pain tolerance for reasons that may or may not be similar to the reason you feel most comfortable as a victim... And because I liked to show off for friends by doing very dangerous things... and if youre gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.

Thread Information