Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69

Thread: Cannabis fights and possibly cures cancer

  1. #1
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720

    Cannabis fights and possibly cures cancer

    Disable These Ads!
    And I'm not talking about smoking it.

    http://youtu.be/Q7ytJu4Zcrk

    http://www.viddler.com/explore/qnbs7/videos/5/

    http://santacruz.patch.com/articles/...-fights-cancer

    http://phoenixtears.ca

    watch the videos, and read the articles and information and explain what you think.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  2. #2
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    Here is a study from Spain

    The Journal of Clinical Investigation
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  3. #3
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  4. #4
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    What If Cannabis Cured Cancer Review

    Here is a review of a documentary i just purchased on Amazon tonight. The trailer on IMDB was very intriguing and i recommend everyone to watch it.

    I have been against Marijuana my whole life, until just a few days ago when I stumbled upon this. This is the most amazing information I have ever found on the internet. It really has changed my perspective about everything.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  5. #5
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    http://www.lynnicewedewer.com/id15.html

    This lady has been cured of 7 of her 8 cancers. She is cancer prone because of vaccines given to her as a child, and the radiation treatments she received when she was 14. Download her testimony, it's an amazing read.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  6. #6
    Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom [England]
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,211
    THC acts on the GABA receptors, interestingly it is also stored in body fat. The GABA receptors though now widely theorised are still as a theory in their infancy. GABA receptors are a part of the neuro system, effecting the neuronal synapse. THC enhances the effect of GABA. It is hard to see how THC can cure cancer???

    By what mechanism do you suggest this?
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

  7. #7
    LOOSE CANNON Contributor Waymarker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,646
    Drugs are a great benefit to mankind, but the junkie abusers get them a bad name.

    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
    "Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river...Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing" -(Ezekiel 47:12)

  8. #8
    Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom [England]
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Waymarker View Post
    Drugs are a great benefit to mankind, but the junkie abusers get them a bad name.

    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)
    "Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river...Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing" -(Ezekiel 47:12)
    Erm.....ok ok...you seem actually a decent guy...BUT....junkies do junkie things for a reason!! There isn't just physical health but also mental health. Many people who experience mental health issues trial various drugs from alcohol to cannibas to more potent forms of narcotics depending on their state of mind and also the level of anxiety - psychosis they feel....its never just I thought I'd try it....ITS ACTUALLY IT GAVE THEM THE RELEASE THEY EMOTIONALLY NEEDED....right or wrong!!

    Drug dependancy is born out of a social misdoing in some way....people with mental health issues first trial self control as an attenpt to regain 'CONTROL'...but foolishly they fail to see the down side of using class A/B/C drugs to control how they 'FEEL'.....careful!

    As much as there are new addicts there are also self controlled addicts and also drug free [ex-addicts]....transitions in peoples lives determine the duration, whereas the situation and 'feeling' determine the drug of use.

    Blame helps no one!
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

  9. #9
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    We have cannabinoid receptors in the brain mostly, but also in the heart, kidneys, liver, and pancreas. Our bodies naturally produce endocannabinoids, the same thing in marijuana, but in to small of an amount to be effective. The studies have shown that cannabinoids do kill cancer cells, and lad tests in mice have shown promising results. There are also people who have used the treatment and have had their cancer killed without chemotherapy.

    For me this is to many coincidences.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  10. #10
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    Another thing, cancer cells have their cannabinoid receptors, and when the cannabinoid attaches itself to the receptor it tells the cancer to kill itself through autophagy (to eat itself). This is what the science is showing.

    People who smoke marijuana have a 62% less chance of getting cancer in their head, lower rates of lung cancer, even among non smokers.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  11. #11
    Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom [England]
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    We have cannabinoid receptors in the brain mostly, but also in the heart, kidneys, liver, and pancreas. Our bodies naturally produce endocannabinoids, the same thing in marijuana, but in to small of an amount to be effective. The studies have shown that cannabinoids do kill cancer cells, and lad tests in mice have shown promising results. There are also people who have used the treatment and have had their cancer killed without chemotherapy.

    For me this is to many coincidences.
    Yes I have acknowledged THC receptors in the CNS [to simplify brain and overall nervous system]. THC cannot enter internal cells those not within the neuronal synapses....if you have any real substantial evidence please post it.

    One significant point to be aware of is that there is one new licensed drug a THC [cannibas] derivative currently on the market....beware of false sales plugging!!! Many drugs companies will do anything to make that extra billion!
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

  12. #12
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    That fake thc doesn't have the same results, and it's not just thc, there are other chemicals that play a role in fighting cancer.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  13. #13
    Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom [England]
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    That fake thc doesn't have the same results, and it's not just thc, there are other chemicals that play a role in fighting cancer.
    Nonsense...THC is cannibas when it enters the bloodstream plus other toxic byproducts

    There is no known cure for cancer...the most likely will be drugs that offer some resistance...but currently no cure. This is also dependant on the cancer you have [or not], the cancer you have wil determine what drugs are used....but there is no known drug that cures cancer....end of!


    If you wish to justify the use of Cannibas [THC] then just admit the therapeutic release it gives you...whatever your ailment!

    Unless you present a valid research article from a known institute etc...I will take this claim as a complete void!
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

  14. #14
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    Autophagy mediates THC-induced cancer cell death. As a first approach to gain insight into the morphological changes induced in cancer cells by cannabinoid administration, we performed electron microscopy analysis of U87MG human astrocytoma cells. Interestingly, double membrane vacuolar structures with the morphological features of autophagosomes were observed in THC-treated cells (Figure 1, AC). The conversion of the soluble form of LC3 (LC3-I) to the lipidated and autophagosome-associated form (LC3-II) is considered one of the hallmarks of autophagy (1), and thus we observed the occurrence of LC3-positive dots as well as the appearance of LC3-II (Figure 1D) in cannabinoid-challenged cells. In addition, co-incubation with the lysosomal protease inhibitors E64d and pepstatin A, which blocks the last steps of autophagic degradation (14), enhanced THC-induced accumulation of LC3-II (Figure 1E), confirming that cannabinoids induce dynamic autophagy in U87MG cells. Furthermore, incubation with the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1) antagonist SR141716 prevented THC-induced LC3 lipidation and formation of LC3 dots (Figure 1D), indicating that induction of autophagy by cannabinoids relies on CB1 receptor activation.
    http://www.jci.org/articles/view/37948
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  15. #15
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread, say researchers at Harvard University who tested the chemical in both lab and mouse studies.
    www.sciencedaily.com
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  16. #16
    Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom [England]
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,211
    At the very best the reseach findings if you read the cosely only cut cancer growth in half and this is only in lung Ca. This is not a cure, it may be a time buying treatment by slowing tumour growth...but curative??

    The articles suggest that somehow THC promotes apoptysis via a different route/mechanism to that of normal cell death .....a process that we need to sustain new cell growth and thus sustain life...put very simply

    Like many other cancer treatment drugs they only slow or reduce the process.

    Cure means to be rid of disease completely...to be disease free.
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

  17. #17
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    And this is non toxic, doesn't affect healthy cells. What other cancer treatment can say that? I'm not going to argue this with you, I can see the writing on the wall.

    Any other drug that has this type of affect would have gotten a lot more attention from pharma companies, but since you can't make a profit on it, it's not.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  18. #18
    Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom [England]
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    And this is non toxic, doesn't affect healthy cells. What other cancer treatment can say that? I'm not going to argue this with you, I can see the writing on the wall.

    Any other drug that has this type of affect would have gotten a lot more attention from pharma companies, but since you can't make a profit on it, it's not.
    No....you misunderstand...
    your passion and drive I am sure is sincere, however by the standard of hyperbolic doubt, you are wrong to say this is a cure.

    I am not against the finding of a single cure for cancer...I am a healthcare professional and also an authority in my own right as a scientist.

    You have shown some sources of research one from Harvard, however what you fail to see in that research is only a partial answer if this is the correct path at all. It is not the use of THC that is the problem here...but the claim of a cure, which even the research paper from Harvard establishes a halving of cancer cells not complete resolution.

    Scientifically what is being claimed is not a cure. I agree there is more that we don't know than know, but there is also alot at stake here. To claim a cure is to claim that you have the answer to completely ridding a person of cancer, a complete and non reversable process.

    The papers much detailed about theorised receptor and cell divisions is fine I understand and grasp what is being said in those papers. The Harvard researchers go to great pains to demonstrate a very clear reduction in cancerous cells, but to claim this is a cure is a claim that fails. It does not withstand the hyperbolic doubt test...and that is simple to test in this case as the cancerous cells are ony halved.

    Harsh but fact. Also its easy to raise hopes of those who have cancer, by the same token my intention is not to diminish that hope, but to make those who have cancer aware of what this supposedly 'new' research means for cancer sufferers. Morally it is wrong to raise a persons hopes when what they are looking at is a partial answer, not to mention cancer spread....etc.

    I'm sorry if I dissapoint you on this and like many people to find an answer I agree would be a huge step forward.
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

  19. #19
    Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom [England]
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,211
    The real issue is finding the pathway that enables apoptysis [apoptosis] in cancerous cells completely...further a mechanism that destroys those cells that have then mutated...the pathways of life itself in the human body
    Last edited by palerider; Aug 2nd, 2011 at 3:02 PM. Reason: wrote disenables instead enables apop....
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

  20. #20
    LOOSE CANNON Contributor Waymarker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider View Post
    Erm.....ok ok...you seem actually a decent guy...BUT....junkies do junkie things for a reason!!
    Yeah like little kids who need their daily fix of a lollipop to get through the day..:)
    I've never smoked or drugged (insert smug 'hard man' emoticon here).
    And I've never boozed; tried a few sips in my teens but it all tasted like cat pee so I've left it alone ever since except when naughty ladies have tried to get me drunk and I've gone along with it to be a good sport, but can't say I enjoyed being sozzled though, because it seemed as if my consciousness and intellect had shrunk, so I was glad when I sobered up and got my brain back..:)

  21. #21
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    For those that want to read more, I have found a forum post with a ton of informational links about the medical uses of marijuana.

    Granny Storm Crow's List
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  22. #22
    Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom [England]
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,211
    Sirius....this is all in research and unproven yet....further drug companies make bilions out of new drugs that reportedly 'save life'....and yet here we are....no known new cures.....fine if thats what you believe.....but to those who read this thread if you have cancer find out your own facts....and don't believe all you read....check out the SOURCE of information on a drug before you choose to believe its content....watch out for hidden BULLSHIT like Sirius's SHIT.

    Thats al I can say....believe what you choose to...but don't complain especially in the US when you spend several thousands of dollars only to find the drug don't work....the chief exec of the company won't give a shit about you!!!!

    I demand strong and independant evidence....can anyone provide this?????
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

  23. #23
    Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom [England]
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Waymarker View Post
    Yeah like little kids who need their daily fix of a lollipop to get through the day..:)
    I've never smoked or drugged (insert smug 'hard man' emoticon here).
    And I've never boozed; tried a few sips in my teens but it all tasted like cat pee so I've left it alone ever since except when naughty ladies have tried to get me drunk and I've gone along with it to be a good sport, but can't say I enjoyed being sozzled though, because it seemed as if my consciousness and intellect had shrunk, so I was glad when I sobered up and got my brain back..:)
    Waymarker this thread is significant in that it doesn't actually concern your idiotic beliefs...its about people with CANCER and how they are fooled by drugs companies and itdiots that don't research their facts.....FUCK OFF...with all due respect
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

  24. #24
    Chat Mods Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,720
    This is a little known FACT. Every single person on the planet has a form of cannabis in their system at all times. It is naturally produced by the human body, among of life forms on the planet. They are called endocannabinoids, and they regulate mood, hunger, and tumor growth. When we get have cells that start turning into cancer, the amount of endocannabinoids explodes, but are cannot in most cases fight off the cancer. Insert the cannabinoids from cannabis, and they have been shown to fight the disease, and in many cases kill it completely.

    This is not about getting high, it's about a system of our body that breaks down naturally over time, and, is compromised through the constant bombardment of carcinogens in our atmosphere. It's not about smoking it, even though that does have some benefits, nowhere near as much as making and ingesting the oil.

    Cannabis is a healing plant, the pharmaceutical companies know this, as does the american government.

    Don't take my word for it, do your own research.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter, and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed
    ourselves."
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  25. #25
    Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom [England]
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    This is a little known FACT. Every single person on the planet has a form of cannabis in their system at all times. It is naturally produced by the human body, among of life forms on the planet. They are called endocannabinoids, and they regulate mood, hunger, and tumor growth. When we get have cells that start turning into cancer, the amount of endocannabinoids explodes, but are cannot in most cases fight off the cancer. Insert the cannabinoids from cannabis, and they have been shown to fight the disease, and in many cases kill it completely.

    This is not about getting high, it's about a system of our body that breaks down naturally over time, and, is compromised through the constant bombardment of carcinogens in our atmosphere. It's not about smoking it, even though that does have some benefits, nowhere near as much as making and ingesting the oil.

    Cannabis is a healing plant, the pharmaceutical companies know this, as does the american government.

    Don't take my word for it, do your own research.

    I agree its not about getting high.....my stab at that was to do with Waymarkers coments on drug use and also the general effect of THC...the chemical inherent in cannibas. Secondly any drug external to the body is substance that shouldn't be there, just like the many drugs we use - their effects are not fully known...perhaps you should invetigate more widely the pharmaceutical industry and drug llicensing??

    In the first seven years of a new drug being launched drugs companies make billions of dollars.....and yet the drugs they produce have a considerable uncertainty about them.

    Endocannabinoids -very compicated science -YES much research in this area, but still doesn't change the current situation. Interestingly much work is now carried out on this species as a pose to plant occurring cannibas....?

    I agree there is some light....but no....no cure!
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Site Meter