Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dinosuares in the bible

Radioactive Serious Member BLACKBIRD's Avatar

dinosuares in the bible

Disable These Ads!
    im a christian and i believe in God and christ and the teachings of the bible, there are a lot of questions that arise when reading the bible,one of my questions would be why doesnt the bible ever mention dinosaures?youd think if there were these huge lizards running around, the bible might have at least one mention? we know they existed we have proof,but nothing to indicate in the bible that they ever existed.

Survivalist!
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKBIRD View Post
    im a christian and i believe in God and christ and the teachings of the bible, there are a lot of questions that arise when reading the bible,one of my questions would be why doesnt the bible ever mention dinosaures?youd think if there were these huge lizards running around, the bible might have at least one mention? we know they existed we have proof,but nothing to indicate in the bible that they ever existed.
    You need to get it out of your mind that the Bible was needed for religious reasons and worldly viewpoints. The one thing you need to understand before anything else is that God planned everything before creation. We are living according to his plans, which is called life.

God's prophecies are like phone calls to himself that he'll answer thousands of years later through a sinless saint or messiah. God is nothing but thoughts where he planned everything. His first creation was light energy and this is what he needed to create everything else. We all this the power of God or the Word. There's actually many biblical names for this light of God but we'll stick with the Word.

This Word was used by God in all the prophets, messiah and saints to give power to the flesh to write, speak and do whatever else God planned for this flesh to do. The way God inspired the scriptures was to use his servants flesh with the vocabulary, language, skills, etc. The words he inspires are from the vocabulary in the memory of the servant. He inspires them by arranging the words according to his knowledge and then puts them in the mind of his servant to write or speak.

God isn't interested in the worldly things that he will destroy. He planned on destroying most everything during the flood and again in the end of this age. God was only interested in revealing his knowledge for himself during this age so this is why he chose certain people to do this with.

The scriptures are in symbolic writing that no sinner, including Christians or any other religious sinners, can understand as a whole story. Even if you understand one verse, you are far from understanding God's whole plan so the Bible is not for sinners to learn or understand.

This is why the scriptures are only testimonies by the truth who had the prophets and saints write his inspired words. He didn't write a history guide about all the animals and stories that happened a long time ago. If dinosaurs weren't written about in the scriptures, it means God didn't have it in his plans to write about it. We all live according to God's plans and nothing else. God knew all the dinosaurs and many other types of animals wouldn't survive the flood.

God chose the animals to be put on the ark that he had Noah build. Noah only obeyed his plans and that's all. God told him he would destroy the world with a flood, at least that's what the Hebrew story was told to each other many years later. If there were dinosaurs, we have no proof what they looked like because bones can't tell the whole story. This means that anyone who teaches about dinosaurs is a liar. They have to use their own imaginations based on small pieces of bones that can't be put back together.

It's best to focus on the future destruction that's coming when the earth's crust is melted by hot lava and the new heaven and earth that comes afterwards. This story is in the knowledge of God and most of the scriptures contain prophecies about this event and the paradise we'll all be living in.

Everything on this earth will be swallowed up by hot lava so there won't be any evidence of this age when we wake up in the next age in our new immortal flesh. We won't have any memories of the past age because they will be destroyed in the lava, also known as the symbolic lake of fire.

We won't have any of man's sciences, math, history, language, etc. in the next age because we'll get all our knowledge from God. We'll have one language to speak so no one will be confused. This language of truth will give everyone joy and peace because we won't have any fears. By digging up dinosaur bones or any history, fear is produced. Fear of the unknown or even fear of getting caught in a lie helps delude this world we live in today so all this has to go away before we can understand the truth.

If Christians had the truth, they wouldn't be concerned at all about history, science, or the future. They would know who they are and where they're going. They would understand that God is invisible thoughts and not some man in the sky looking down upon them. God already done his work before things could be seen and now he's living it through us called life.
    I am the way, the truth and the light of life. There is no other God besides me.

http://1gospel.wordpress.com/

next to a volcano near a subduction zone fault line by the ocean.
    It's because the people who copied the bible from assyrian texts didn't know anything about dinosaurs.

I am the Way, the truth, and the life. There is no other God except for Brad, and me. So who are you going to worship? Me or Brad...Choose wisely.

LOOSE CANNON Contributor Waymarker's Avatar
    Dunno what this baby is but it sure ain't no pet poodle, sounds like Godzilla to me -

"See now behemoth, which I made along with you; he eats grass as an ox.
    his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.
    He moves his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
    His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
    He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach him.
    Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
    He lies under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
    The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
    See, he drinks up a river, and hastes not: he trusts that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
    He takes it with his eyes: his nose pierces through snares"- (Job ch 40)

In fact, Jesus has been around since long before dinos so he must have given them a cuddle now and again.
    Jesus said:- "Father you loved me before the creation of the world" (John 17:24)

Jesus and baby behemoth

That picture made a little puke come up my throat.

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    There are no dinos in the Bible because they were long dead before humans got here.

There are a lot of (irrelevant?) things not in the Bible: bacteria exist, the universe is closer to Lorentzian than Galilean, time is relative, the existence of DNA, etc etc.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

Yeah, but what about dragons? Dragons are mentioned in the bible lots of times... along with at least one mention of a behemoth.

I wonder if I can find those...

Ah! That was so easy!

Deuteronomy 32:33 Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps.

Nehemiah 2:13 And I went out by night by the gate of the valley, even before the dragon well, and to the dung port, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem, which were broken down, and the gates thereof were consumed with fire.

Job 30:29 I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.

Job 40:15 God says to Job, "Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee."

Psalm 44:19 Though thou hast sore broken us in the place of dragons, and covered us with the shadow of death.

Psalm 74:13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.

Psalm 91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

Psalm 148:7 Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps:

Isaiah 13:22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Isaiah 27:1 In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

Isaiah 34:13 And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls.

Isaiah 35:7 And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.

Isaiah 43:20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, [and] rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.

Isaiah 51:9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?

Jeremiah 9:11 And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant.

Jeremiah 10:22 Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons.

Jeremiah 14:6 And the wild asses did stand in the high places, they snuffed up the wind like dragons; their eyes did fail, because there was no grass.

Jeremiah 49:33 And Hazor shall be a dwelling for dragons, and a desolation for ever: there shall no man abide there, nor any son of man dwell in it.

Jeremiah 51:34 Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon hath devoured me, he hath crushed me, he hath made me an empty vessel, he has swallowed me up like a dragon, he hath filled his belly with my delicates, he hath cast me out.

Jeremiah 51:37 And Babylon shall become heaps, a dwelling place for dragons, an astonishment, and an hissing, without an inhabitant.

Ezekiel 29:3 Speak, and say, thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, "My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself."

Micah 1:8 Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls.

Malachi 1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Bel and the Dragon 23: There was also a huge dragon which the Babylonians worshipped.

Bel and the Dragon 27: So Daniel took some tar, some fat, and some hair and boiled them all together. He made cakes out of the mixture and fed them to the dragon. When the dragon ate them, it swelled up and burst open. "That's the kind of thing you Babylonians worship," said Daniel.

Clearly, dragons existed during biblical times. :-)

On the Edge - any place else is taking up too much space
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    There are no dinos in the Bible because they were long dead before humans got here.

There are a lot of (irrelevant?) things not in the Bible: bacteria exist, the universe is closer to Lorentzian than Galilean, time is relative, the existence of DNA, etc etc.
    dragons r probably mentioned in the bible due to ancient myths carried by distant travelers and assimilated by the very imaginative biblical authors. they are probably pseudonyms/synonyms for the devil or some such evil.

heck, today people are still watching diligently for the loch ness monster.
    Galadriel: "I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. "Translation: "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

Hi I am new here and a bit sleepy so take what I say with a grain of salt. I am Speaking in general terms in hopes of keeping this reply somewhat short at the expense of being exceedingly accurate and detailed. I am an ordained minister with ancient religions being my favorite subjects, save for astronomy and cosmology. All questions are good questions! The bible is a collection of texts that was written over a period of 1500 years by multiple authors. Each book, every paragraph was scrutinized and then went through a brutally through review process before it was allowed in the bible. That was the canon.

Anyway, with all due respect the bible is not a history book. Or a science book. Can you imagine how large a book would have to contain all the knowledge in the universe? Ha ha…information overload! No the bible was meant as a manual of how to have a personal relationship with the creator of the universe, and how to achieve eternal life. Actually its much more than that, i.e. it’s a book of prophesy, or song and poems, it does have some practical applied science and some history in it. The bible might be a book of codes as well. I love the book and often my interpretations do not agree with established interpretations, and even clash with some scholors. My eyes are closing so I am outta here and going to spoon with my basset hound for a couple hours~.

I hope to contribute to the forum soon…
    "I don't believe in empirical science. I only believe in a priori truth."
    — Kurt Gödel

Quote Originally Posted by merlinsbyte View Post
    .. I am an ordained minister…
    Are you catholic priest mate? I only ask because it says under your name that you're an 'O giver' whatever that means; but I bet it puts a smile on the choirboys faces..;)

Loser of pens Contributor Vuall's Avatar
    Ignore Waymaker Merlin, he goes on the attack as a sort of defence mechanism when people point out he's a troll, he's been doing that a bit tonight.
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

Survivalist!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    That picture made a little puke come up my throat.
    That is what the burping process is supposed to do, .....for the Dino.

Who do you think left these?

Quote Originally Posted by MHz View Post
    Who do you think left these?
    Lying, moronic idiots (AKA creationists) made some of them... the rest are eroded three-toed dinosaur tracks.

http://paleo.cc/paluxy.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    dragons r probably mentioned in the bible due to ancient myths carried by distant travelers and assimilated by the very imaginative biblical authors. they are probably pseudonyms/synonyms for the devil or some such evil.
    Fossils discovered from 3000-to-2000BC aren't myths. If I found a mastodon-skull then, it's a 'dragon' because that's a regionally generic term. If i mistake the trunk-orifice in the center-of-the-skull as an 'eye-socket' (mastodons' eye-sockets are way-off-to-each-side, in-comparison to my primitive knowledge of a human-skull's eye-placements), I call it a 'cyclops'... which is a myth.
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

Survivalist!
    I thought there were some vids from the early period where the overburden was just being removed and the tracks were still under that rock layer that had never been disturbed. I assume that would be where the 'shore ' has several places with straight lines ans several 90deg spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Waymarker View Post
    Are you catholic priest mate? I only ask because it says under your name that you're an 'O giver' whatever that means; but I bet it puts a smile on the choirboys faces..;)
    Ha, ha no, I am an open theist Christian. When it comes to sex I am hetro, for now.
    — Kurt Gödel

Quote Originally Posted by Vuall View Post
    Ignore Waymaker Merlin, he goes on the attack as a sort of defence mechanism when people point out he's a troll, he's been doing that a bit tonight.
    I don't mind a little ribbing, as long as it is in fun. I hope he can take it as well as dish it out tho'
    — Kurt Gödel

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0th View Post
    Lying, moronic idiots (AKA creationists) made some of them... the rest are eroded three-toed dinosaur tracks.

http://paleo.cc/paluxy.htm
    There are just as many moronic Darwin suckers (do I mean suckers for beleiving in darwin or sucking darwin? that depends on the rules here) as YE etc creationists I would wager. BTW, Creationist are either YE or Progressive, I am a progressive creationist. I usually don’t put down anyone’s belief. To come out of the box insulting someone is a clear indication of an inferiority complex and is a good indicator of a retarded IQ as well. The way I see it there is no real empirical proof of abiogenesis or creation, so either could be true.
    — Kurt Gödel

40)

In fact, Jesus has been around since long before dinos so he must have given them a cuddle now and again.
    Jesus said:- "Father you loved me before the creation of the world" (John 17:24)

Jesus and baby behemoth

Excuse me..but do you mind my asking what level of formal education you completed?
    Galadriel: "I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. "Translation: "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

Quote Originally Posted by Reef Badlaw View Post
    Fossils discovered from 3000-to-2000BC aren't myths. If I found a mastodon-skull then, it's a 'dragon' because that's a regionally generic term. If i mistake the trunk-orifice in the center-of-the-skull as an 'eye-socket' (mastodons' eye-sockets are way-off-to-each-side, in-comparison to my primitive knowledge of a human-skull's eye-placements), I call it a 'cyclops'... which is a myth.

k... I was sorta jesting becuase Christians often equate dragons with the devil, evil snakes that tempted eve, etc.

We have "dragons" where I live which is a sub tropical climate. They're all around, bearded dragons, etc. Which does not mean that they are evil little devils or satans minions often cited in scripture.

ie

Bel and the Dragon 23: There was also a huge dragon which the Babylonians worshipped.

Bel and the Dragon 27: So Daniel took some tar, some fat, and some hair and boiled them all together. He made cakes out of the mixture and fed them to the dragon. When the dragon ate them, it swelled up and burst open. "That's the kind of thing you Babylonians worship," said Daniel.
    And now that you mention it, I am surprised the bible scribes didn't use words like cyclops, unicorn, gobblin and such. Surely, the didn't know the term mastedon.

Waymarker quote-
    Jesus and baby behemoth

Excuse me..but do you mind my asking what level of formal education you completed?
    Baby dinos need love too don't they?

Waymarker quote-
    Jesus and baby behemoth

Baby dinos need love too don't they?
    You're talking present tense?

Are you like projecting from personal experience or transference by identification as to what a baby dino needs?

Quote Originally Posted by merlinsbyte View Post
    I don't mind a little ribbing, as long as it is in fun. I hope he can take it as well as dish it out tho'
    Yes mate, take your best shots!
    Incidentally I've been hanging on the James Randi JREF forum for the past few days and it's like an out-of-control schoolyard in there with everybody talking at once and calling each other names; I got called names too but was able to easily slap them around with my superhumanly witty put-downs.
    Some couldn't take it and went running like little girlies to complain to the mods and I got an official warning.
    I won't be going in there again, they're just a bunch of softies and I prefer tough free speech forums..:)

You're talking present tense?

Do you know for a fact that predators like dinasours had emotions - of which one component is "love" and if you know for fact that they did have emotions, why would only baby dinasours need love-
    'Present tense' is a restrictive notion darling, after all Einstein showed time is stretchy and flexible, plus of course there may be other planes of existence where dinos are alive and well at this very moment.
    And suppose you were a baby dino, you can't tell me you wouldn't like a cuddle and a tickle under the chin now and again..:)

Thread Information