Thread: Fut004 Turned Me On... (Battlestar Galactica Online!)

Fut004 Turned Me On... (Battlestar Galactica Online!)

Disable These Ads!
    http://us1.battlestar-galactica.bigpoint.com/

To this free to play Battle Star Galactica game! Ok, got pissed and quit after a mining mission, but cooled off, went back, and did it.

The flying can get confusing cause you get lost in outerspace. FTL travel, mining asteroids, fighting the other side, does get interesting.
    Last edited by Fut004; Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:20 AM.
    http://www.bartcop.com/gop-war-on-hellhath.jpg
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

I wonder how many people came here with something dirty on their minds...

Anyhow, this BSG game is turning out to be quite a lot of fun. It reminds me so much of Eve, but with the BSG theme and some slight modifications to things. The skill tree isn't quite as in depth as Eve's but it's got all the bases covered (Piloting, Marksmanship, Missile combat, Navigation, Electronics, Mining...etc).

The flight controls are a bit whacky at times, I don't like how you can't control the Yaw and Roll of the ship independently (like in other flight sims), you hit "right" and the ship automatically rolls itself then starts to turn right. It takes a bit of getting used to.

I was having a hard time with some Drone Killing missions, but then I bought myself a missile launcher and swapped out my mining cannon (You can change the set up of your ship as much as you'd like in this game). Missiles make all the difference in combat, so keep that in mind if you're trying to kill a bunch of Toasters on a mission.

If anybody is into Eve or BSG I'd really recommend checking this game out, it's free and it's a lot of fun. I'm playing on the Scorpia server, and I assume GG picked the same one.

Edit:

Decided to show a small screen cap to show off the graphics. Nothing fancy, just my Toon standing on the Hanger Deck next to one of the ships you can pilot.

Edit 002:

Here are a couple pics of my Viper. Just flying around a system as part of a mission.

Last edited by Fut004; May 17th, 2011 at 8:37 AM.

GG and myself trying to defend an Industrial Mine from a relentless onslaught of Cylons.

Edit:

No idea what that white bar is on those screen caps. It's appearing on Firefox only. Think I need to reboot.
    Last edited by Fut004; May 20th, 2011 at 12:47 PM.

GG's new Rhino!

Rhino is awesome! Gonna go with one mining cannon, one weapon cannon, and two missiles plus a shit ton of armor.
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

Damnit. You've got me addicted to it now.
    We talk about civilization as though itís a static state. There are no civilized people yet, itís a process thatís constantly going on. As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization.

Any of you guys play EVE online?
    We talk about civilization as though itís a static state. There are no civilized people yet, itís a process thatís constantly going on. As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization.

I haven't, FUT says he has if I remember.
    Also, now has a bigger ship! Costs fuel but I hadz it.

Don't get comfortable. Contributor Goldmoon's Avatar
    Those are my fav types of games. I will probably try it after work.

"He who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved."

Quote Originally Posted by James Random View Post
    I played Eve for a couple years actually. Had myself a nice Rifter, a Drake (missile ship, was kind of crazy), and a Covetor Mining Barge.

This BSG game is actually really close to Eve. The skills aren't as indepth, and there's no economy like in Eve, but it's still a lot of fun. The controls for BSG are more like you're in the ship, as opposed to Eve's weird style of flight.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    Also, now has a bigger ship! Costs fuel but I hadz it.
    I hadn't realized how much fuel the larger ships use. It's kind of scary. I'm going to keep saving up all my Tyllium for a bit longer before buying a medium sized ship. I'm up over 400K stockpiled now though.

I'm trying to save up all my cubits right now so I can upgrade my Viper MKII. I thought it was 15K Cubits, and I had enough, but when I talked to the Chief I noticed that it's actually 30K Cubits to do that. So I guess I'll be saving that up for awhile yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon View Post
    Those are my fav types of games. I will probably try it after work.
    Let us know what you think of it after you've tried it out.
    I'm not sure about JR, but GG and myself play on the Scorpia Server.

YES!

Just found myself a 15K Water Mine!! Hoping my little Viper and wicked Piloting skills are enough to defend this gem until I've extracted all the Water.

Water is the most precious find in BSG-O as it can be sold for Cubits, cubits being the currency that people can spend their real life money on.

EDIT:

Sweetness, I was able to defend the mine long enough to get all the liquidy goodness from within. Now I've got enough Cubits available to upgrade my Viper!
    Last edited by Fut004; Jun 16th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.

I stopped playing this game after it randomly deleted my account after a few missions.

I stopped playing this game after it randomly deleted my account after a few missions.
    Ah, that sucks. I guess it's just the risk of playing a game that's still being developed. Better that it happened after a few missions and not after a few months of playing though, right?

I haven't had a lot of time to play around with this game much lately, but I'm still hooked on it.

The other night I was mining some 'roids when a fairly large Cylon fleet jumped into the system. I was quickly gunned down by an Advanced Raider piloted by a lvl50 Cylon (I'm only lvl16 right now). As I was exploding, a massive Colonial fleet jumped in to protect the Outpost. The game glitched or something and I was able to watch the battle. I'd guess there were atleast 75 people involved, it was really entertaining to watch. Colonials held the system.

Anyhow, here are a couple videos I found online:

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bumpy Bumpy!

I've really jumped back into this game recently. It helps that a buddy of mine decided to try, and was hooked instantly. Still hoping that GG comes back to the fight, as it's easier and more fun to be with a good group. Great news though, RS has decided to check things out!!!

Since the last update in this thread I've climbed into a new ship, a Viper MK7. Still a little fighter craft, but much faster and agile, plus it has a bit more firepower. I've managed to take out opponents 50+ lvls higher than me with this set up.

Such an awesome little game.

(Nothing Award Winner) Red Shift's Avatar
    And now another AO member is caught in BSG's clutches haha
    Nasik is the most awesome member on AO!!!!
    I've got 555-PNinja on speed dial...

A dinosaur... no reason Contributor Stabby Joe's Avatar
    Hmmm, I only know of this MMO through recurring ads on various sites... loud ads. Seriously, those would actually turn people OFF.
    Science doesn't have all of the answers... otherwise it wouldn't be science.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shift View Post
    And now another AO member is caught in BSG's clutches haha
    Just sucks that you're over on that island, our timing never seems to line up.
    We'll have to pull some all nighters/early mornings, then I'll show you where to get really easy exp & loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabby Joe View Post
    Hmmm, I only know of this MMO through recurring ads on various sites... loud ads. Seriously, those would actually turn people OFF.
    I hate every ad and website that automatically plays music!!! Why the hell do they always have to be so damn loud?? Whoever came up with that idea should be shot... in the face.

It's a fun game though, don't let their shitty ads sway you.

Thread Information