Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Was the Great Pyramid really a tomb?

  1. #1
    Dead Meat
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Was the Great Pyramid really a tomb?

    Disable These Ads!
    Or could it have been a temple in which ancient knowledge was passed from one grand hierophant to another? Why were there no paintings or hieroglyphs to celebrate King Cheops life? Why was the coffin so blasé and crudely constructed when every other pharaoh’s was well adorned. It was the Greatest Pyramid after all.

    Maybe it was a temple to initiate priests and philosophers into the ancient mystery schools? Here’s an interesting theory on the pyramid being a temple and not a tomb: http://www.ancientmonks.com/mystical...yramid-of-giza

  2. #2
    Karma caster Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,445
    It's not a tomb. It's a hydraulic ram pump. Master plumbers that have seen the insides would say the same over and over if you don't show them that it is the inside of the pyramid ...kinda like the water erosion on the sphinx . Any geologists could tell you that the sphinx is weathered by water erosion as opposed to wind as long as you don't show off the paws and feet.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

  3. #3
    Lucky survivor Seasoned Member ruiner4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    254
    Yeah I heard the pump theory b4.. Pretty neat actually.. Id like TC to add his 2 cents since he was there recently
    When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout!

  4. #4
    Karma caster Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,445
    Isn't google xray from space ready yet? It would be sweet to get an inside look of the whole pyramid with some of that backscatter technology!
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

  5. #5
    ### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastern Europe most of the time
    Posts
    4,039
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterDruid View Post
    Why were there no paintings or hieroglyphs to celebrate King Cheops life?
    He did not build it. He clearly states he did not build it, and there isn't one single shred of evidence to suggest he built it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterDruid View Post
    Why was the coffin so blasé and crudely constructed when every other pharaoh’s was well adorned.
    That would be a classic Straw Man Argument, or a blatant attempt at disinformation. The Great Pyramid is the only pyramid that has a coffer. Only someone totally ignorant of pyramidology or attempting to sucker people into visiting an asinine web-site would make such a false claim.

    There is no evidence that any pyramid was ever used for the burial of a pharaoh, or in connection with burial ceremonies for a pharaoh. The tombs of every single pharaoh have been located, or where they have not been found, their approximate location is known, or it is known they were never buried in a pyramid.

    In order to prove that a pyramid was used as a tomb, it would be necessary to find a pyramid that has not yet been discovered, and it would have to hold the body of a previously unknown pharaoh in history.

    There is no evidence a pharaoh ever lied in state in a pyramid after death before being buried elsewhere, nor is there any evidence pharaohs were embalmed or wrapped in a pyramid.

    Also, to suggest the object in the Great Pyramid is a coffin displays an incredible amount of ignorance. It is generally referred to as a coffer, and only a moron wouldn't know the difference between a coffer and coffin.

    There were temples used to initiate priests, the temples at Sais, Karnak and Thebes among the most notable. Solon was told the story of Atlantis by a priest at the Temple at Sais.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

  6. #6
    One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Posts
    7,554
    There is some merit to Anarch's quote, and Ning is right about these structures not being a tomb. The largest block was cut in Assuan, with an incredible size of 41 m long, 2.5 m wide. And some suggest that extreme water pressure was used to cut stone, I assume its from the image ( perhaps Ning knows of this) of a person holding what looks like a hose connected to some sort of canister, ( cant find the image at the moment) which seems out of context with the known technology of the day.

    Without a doubt the age of these structures, ( including the Sphinx) exceed the current dating of Egyptian history, with both erosion factors and archaeological findings. But they ( official Egypt) will fight to the death to prove otherwise. As when we tried to photograph the Sphinx at close proximity to clearly show the erosion of the mid and lower sections.

    There is a piece ( in German) dealing with the hydraulics theory of the Pyramid building, I'll try to translate it when I get home from school tonight.

  7. #7
    . Global Moderator Fut004's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Toronto, ON. Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,341
    Hey, Ning, you're very quick to put down MasterDruid and their ideas/suggestions, what do you think the Pyramids are all about?

  8. #8
    Karma caster Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,445
    Ning I agree with what you have stated regarding the pyramids and I also agree with fut004..

    What DO you think the reason for the grand pyramid (And the other two) is?
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

  9. #9
    Survivalist! HindSight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    currently stuck in U.S.A.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,083
    History in India states the tomb was use to initiate pharaoh 'to become a sun god' as far back as 9,000 B.C. The cerimony consisted of the worship of an E.T. group known as the Bafath. Try looking them up sometime. They supposedly lived under the pyramid until the mid 1980s!!!
    Stop saying: We are not alone. Start asking: WHY ARE THEY HERE? - HindSight

  10. #10
    One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Posts
    7,554
    Quote Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
    History in India states the tomb was use to initiate pharaoh 'to become a sun god' as far back as 9,000 B.C. The cerimony consisted of the worship of an E.T. group known as the Bafath. Try looking them up sometime. They supposedly lived under the pyramid until the mid 1980s!!!

    The problem with that is that Egyptian culture doesn't go back that far prior to 3000 BC, the archeology shows that Al-Badārī was settled around 4000 BC by a group that had an entirely different type of pottery than that found dated to first Egyptian settlements.

    There wasn't any "pharaoh" around 9000BC. What you did have during that time was the jump from hunter /gathers towards early agriculture due to the moist climate that existed across north Africa at that time.

    It wasn't until the savanna dried up ( roughly 6000BC) and became desert, that the diverse peoples of that region began to utilize the Nile as a water source. And by 3500BC the desert had taken over all of what was north Africa, leaving a small strip of land along the river that was usable.

    Now who or what may have built the Great pyramid is another story, and completely separate from the establishment of the Egyptian culture.

  11. #11
    Karma police Zer0th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Perfidious Albion
    Posts
    1,059
    Okay, brace yourselves, the seemingly [mostly] rational Zer0th is about to drop his pants and streak through the thread.

    At one time I indulged hypnotic past-life regression. Take or leave the following as suits... I'm not sure myself. Anyway, either way, this is what stumbled out of my subconscious.

    1. The design [can't vouch for the construction] is Atlantean in origin and very particular.

    2. Purpose: initiation/ceremonial, meditation, altered mental states, psychic amplification.

    3. Alignment is subtle, not meant to be exactly true north even at the time of construction. A small deviation acts as a tuner that somehow connects with a particular galactic mega-energy source.

    FWIW

  12. #12
    One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Posts
    7,554
    Damn ZerO, now all my faith in rational thought is shot...lol

    ( retreats to sit under my parabolic antenna)

  13. #13
    Survivalist! HindSight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    currently stuck in U.S.A.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,083
    TC, I agree the people of the area at the time were not called Egyptians per sa. A culture existed and did settle the area long before the Gypsies (Egyptians) aka around 12000 bc. Between 9000 - 10000 bc is when a meteor hit the earth and flooded the Nile, making the area uninhabitable for over 1,000 years. The group you are talking about came in AFTER the Cresent area flood. I am speaking before. The structure predates the people. Egyptians did not built the pyramid; they settled in around it after the fact.

    I should have been more specific to say I meant the caves and refuge city under the pyramids. Ninava, Sodom, Gomor. all that was lost. Three (?) years ago they found the caves leading under the pyramids. Two years ago they found the city. Pretty cool, Mate. I was only saying the pyramid was not a tomb. It was an above ground marker and refuge station and church/school/center of initiation into the underground culture/civilization that does/did exist at that location.

    The culture and people were called the Bafath.
    The Bafath became the Egyptian gods.
    Last edited by HindSight; May 18th, 2011 at 2:20 AM.
    Stop saying: We are not alone. Start asking: WHY ARE THEY HERE? - HindSight

  14. #14
    One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Posts
    7,554
    I never heard of a meteor strike that caused a flood of the Nile region, or a hidden city under the pyramids. What links do you have regarding this?

    Just so we are on the same page here, do you mean that "Ninava, Sodom, Gomor" are ( or were) under the Pyramids?

  15. #15
    Woooooo! James Random's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,329
    Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    I never heard of a meteor strike that caused a flood of the Nile region, or a hidden city under the pyramids. What links do you have regarding this?

    Just so we are on the same page here, do you mean that "Ninava, Sodom, Gomor" are ( or were) under the Pyramids?

    Our inquisitive colleague is half-correct. There was indeed a great flood of the nile but there is no evidence to suggest that it was due to meteor impact. Most likely it was merely an abnormality of the annual flooding the nile currently exhibits.

    As for the question 'Was the pyramid a tomb? yes it was. This is evidenced by the knowledge that the Egyptians continued to use pyramidical tombs throughout the 13th Dynasty and that bodies have been recovered from these structures, specifically the ones at Dashur, which is known as the Royal Necropolis.
    We talk about civilization as though it’s a static state. There are no civilized people yet, it’s a process that’s constantly going on. As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization.

  16. #16
    One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Posts
    7,554
    Well I was aware of flooding in the normal sense of the word, ( rain) but regarding a meteor strike, I have never heard of it, nor seen any impact evidence. I was asking if he had any links or source.

  17. #17
    Survivalist! HindSight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    currently stuck in U.S.A.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,083
    Just so we are on the same page here, do you mean that "Ninava, Sodom, Gomor" are ( or were) under the Pyramids?

    Of course not. The cities were located at the head of the sea near the Tibra. They were destroyed (sank actually) when the flood hit. In as far the meteor strike, google meteor strikes earth 9000 b.c. Multiple links come up. Start with this.
    http://www.barry.warmkessel.com/4related.html

    sorry for the delay in answering. my computer is down.
    Stop saying: We are not alone. Start asking: WHY ARE THEY HERE? - HindSight

  18. #18
    One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Posts
    7,554
    Quote Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
    Just so we are on the same page here, do you mean that "Ninava, Sodom, Gomor" are ( or were) under the Pyramids?

    Of course not. The cities were located at the head of the sea near the Tibra. They were destroyed (sank actually) when the flood hit. In as far the meteor strike, google meteor strikes earth 9000 b.c. Multiple links come up. Start with this.
    http://www.barry.warmkessel.com/4related.html

    sorry for the delay in answering. my computer is down.
    I used your link, and there is a lot of data. Is there one that specifically effects the Nile?

    I have studied the larger impact sights from the early Holocene as a climate change alternative, such as the great mammal die out. I haven't located any source regarding the Med and its surrounding areas effected by impact.

    I believe the collapse of the Atlas chain at Gibraltar is responsible for the flooding of the Mediterranean basin, as the original depth of the Nile was some 200ft lower than the current delta region. As for later flooding, I would attribute Thira to that event.

  19. #19
    Survivalist! HindSight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    currently stuck in U.S.A.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,083
    Try this:

    http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/3...ches-coincide/

    4. A wall of water, 500 meters high, surged down the Chuja River Valley from the Altai Mountains in Siberia at 144 km per hour. The estimated date of this flood is between 12000 and 10000 B.C.

    5. In 10000 B.C, the river Nile swell in size 1,000 folds.

    6. Between 10000 and 9000 B.C, the Gulf Stream stopped its flow in the Atlantic Ocean abruptly. As a result, Britain and Europe froze for 1,300 years and icebergs appeared as far as Portugal.

    7. About 9000 B.C, there were severe changes in the large mammal population in many parts of the world. In North America, 8 large mammal species became extinct including mastodons and mammoth.

    8. In Alaska, millions of frozen animals and trees were found mingled together in what could only be attributed to a terrible catastrophe. Millions of animals, such as mammoth, mastodon, and bison were found ‘torn limb from limb’. Trees were uprooted and thrown with animals in a haphazard fashion. Frank Hibben, a professor of archaeology, visited Alaska in 1941. He wrote: ‘In many places the Alaskan muck blanket is packed with animal bones and debris in trainload lots.… Within this mass, frozen solid lie the twisted parts of animals and trees intermingled with lenses of ice and layers of peat and mosses. It looks as though in the middle of some catacystimic catastrophe.… the whole Alaskan world of living animals and plants was suddenly frozen in mid-motion in grim charade.’ The estimated dating of the catastrophe is between 11000 and 9000 B.C.

    9. Evidence of the worldwide destruction of mammals is found in the Siwalik Hills, foothills of the Himalayas, central Burma, Europe, Asia, and Siberia. The estimated remains of extinct animals along the rivers of northern Siberia are 10 million. N.K. Vereshchagin of the Zoology Institute in Leningrad estimates that the arctic coastal plain between Yana and Koyma alone contains at least half a million tons of mammoth tusks. The estimated date for the disappearance of the mammoth is between 11000 and 9000 B.C.
    Stop saying: We are not alone. Start asking: WHY ARE THEY HERE? - HindSight

  20. #20
    One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Posts
    7,554
    Quote Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
    Try this:

    http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/3...ches-coincide/

    4. A wall of water, 500 meters high, surged down the Chuja River Valley from the Altai Mountains in Siberia at 144 km per hour. The estimated date of this flood is between 12000 and 10000 B.C.

    5. In 10000 B.C, the river Nile swell in size 1,000 folds.

    6. Between 10000 and 9000 B.C, the Gulf Stream stopped its flow in the Atlantic Ocean abruptly. As a result, Britain and Europe froze for 1,300 years and icebergs appeared as far as Portugal.

    7. About 9000 B.C, there were severe changes in the large mammal population in many parts of the world. In North America, 8 large mammal species became extinct including mastodons and mammoth.

    8. In Alaska, millions of frozen animals and trees were found mingled together in what could only be attributed to a terrible catastrophe. Millions of animals, such as mammoth, mastodon, and bison were found ‘torn limb from limb’. Trees were uprooted and thrown with animals in a haphazard fashion. Frank Hibben, a professor of archaeology, visited Alaska in 1941. He wrote: ‘In many places the Alaskan muck blanket is packed with animal bones and debris in trainload lots.… Within this mass, frozen solid lie the twisted parts of animals and trees intermingled with lenses of ice and layers of peat and mosses. It looks as though in the middle of some catacystimic catastrophe.… the whole Alaskan world of living animals and plants was suddenly frozen in mid-motion in grim charade.’ The estimated dating of the catastrophe is between 11000 and 9000 B.C.

    9. Evidence of the worldwide destruction of mammals is found in the Siwalik Hills, foothills of the Himalayas, central Burma, Europe, Asia, and Siberia. The estimated remains of extinct animals along the rivers of northern Siberia are 10 million. N.K. Vereshchagin of the Zoology Institute in Leningrad estimates that the arctic coastal plain between Yana and Koyma alone contains at least half a million tons of mammoth tusks. The estimated date for the disappearance of the mammoth is between 11000 and 9000 B.C.

    Ahh, sounds like Earth in upheaval (Velokovsky) or Hapgoods theory on crust shift due to ice. They also use high altitude debris fields as proof of wave action, as well as the frozen Mammoth bone and tusks in Siberia's arctic coast mixed with sand, (if I recall correctly its Wrangle island ) There is evidence of flood damage throughout various parts of the world, and the majority are glacial dams that gave way in the late Pleistocene/ Holocene period, both in Asia (Siberia) and the Americas.

    Problem is that crust shift can't be proven in the geological sense, at least enough to throw the oceans out of their basins, which is what Velokovsky and Hapgood proclaim as the result of flood damage all over the planet.

    As for the Mega fauna die out, there is some debate dealing with an ice ball comet hitting the North American continent, supposedly causing the Carolina craters and bays, and changing the climate enough to have altered mammalian life.
    Last edited by TC; May 25th, 2011 at 6:26 AM.

  21. #21
    Prepared survivor Seasoned Member sweetvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    625
    I think they were like modern day energy plants. Not sure how they worked tho. I also think they might have emitted some light as well. From the sky at night the light up like orion's belt. So they can be decorative too but certainly not their main purpose. I also think they are much older than they are said to be.
    " Flags are bits of colored cloth that governments use first to shrink-wrap people's brains and then as ceremonial shrouds to bury the dead." Arundhati Roy

  22. #22
    Survivalist! HindSight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    currently stuck in U.S.A.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,083
    Actually, Mate, I posted the wrong site. Good catch though. I wanted to establish there were cities at the time of the strike and flooding.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...mental_history

    c. 9500 BC
    • End of the pre-Boreal period of European climate change.
    • Pollen Zone IV Pre-boreal, associated with juniper, willow, birch pollen deposits.
    • Neolithic era begins in Ancient Near East.
    • Evidence of the earliest settlement in Jericho
    • Temporary global chilling, as the Gulf Stream pulls southward, and Europe ices over (1990 Rand McNally Atlas).
    • In Antarctica, long-term melting of the Antarctic ice sheets is commencing.
    c. 9000 BCFirst stone structures at Jericho built.
    Stop saying: We are not alone. Start asking: WHY ARE THEY HERE? - HindSight

  23. #23
    Survivalist! New Wine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
    TC, I agree the people of the area at the time were not called Egyptians per sa. A culture existed and did settle the area long before the Gypsies (Egyptians) aka around 12000 bc. Between 9000 - 10000 bc is when a meteor hit the earth and flooded the Nile, making the area uninhabitable for over 1,000 years. The group you are talking about came in AFTER the Cresent area flood. I am speaking before. The structure predates the people. Egyptians did not built the pyramid; they settled in around it after the fact.

    I should have been more specific to say I meant the caves and refuge city under the pyramids. Ninava, Sodom, Gomor. all that was lost. Three (?) years ago they found the caves leading under the pyramids. Two years ago they found the city. Pretty cool, Mate. I was only saying the pyramid was not a tomb. It was an above ground marker and refuge station and church/school/center of initiation into the underground culture/civilization that does/did exist at that location.

    The culture and people were called the Bafath.
    The Bafath became the Egyptian gods.

    This is interesting. Thanks.
    Neither do men put new wine into old bottles

  24. #24
    One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Posts
    7,554
    Well in my travels there last January, it was centered on climate in the region over a period between 10000 BC and the advent of the first Egyptian civilization. http://forums.armageddononline.org/p...7.html?t=27717

    As the study shows, there were primitive tools found in the area west towards the Libyan border, these people were perhaps the first to dwell along the Nile as the dryer climate turned the North African savanna into desert. And this group preceded the Egyptian culture by some 6000 years, bringing into question the original builders of the monuments that define Egypt.

    Granted this question is on going, and hotly debated.... as so many advanced cultures existed during that period of time, and their influence could well have played a part in the building of the Pyramids and Sphinx.

    The only proof I have ( see photos in link) is the obvious erosion at the base of the Sphinx itself, something that could only take place in a flooded condition with huge amounts of rainfall... this did not exist during the time of the first Egyptians.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Site Meter