Thread: Game Ideas?

Game Ideas?

Disable These Ads!
    Lot's of games, consoles, and so forth out there. Do you have any ideas for games? I know I have some.

1. Star Wars Aftermath. So far they are all either before or during Episodes 1-6. But after the Deathstar is destroyed then what? So what? They blew up one station and killed the Emp. So what? You killed JFK! Congrats, America... Is still here. So how could killing the Emp end the Empire?

Follow a new story, where you start off as Luke about a year after E6. Maybe an hour or so setting up the new story about how several different Empire Generals and Admiral's are fighting for control while the Alliance tries setting up a new government and such. Crippled by the fight with the Deathstar they are weak. Again an hour or so with this, when the Empire attacks the planet they are on. You fight on ground, get to an X Wing, and try fighting off the Empire while civillians flee the planet. But the first big twist is that Luke is killed! Cuts to a month later...

You are a young Jedi in Training that was set up by Luke on the ground trying too help others escape. You smash a case holding two lightsabers and use them. You are weak and a bad fighter since you are still a newbie.

Story follows your escape, fleeing to a different planet. You are the oldest and the only one with Lightsabers. Pissed, you steal a ship after the others are safe and take off.

You're back at the planet and crash land your ship in to a Star Destroyer then hide after fighting a few Storm Troopers.

The fleet goes back to the planet where Admiral XX(Insert Star Wars name here) is using it as a base. When you get there you find he had been ambushed! The second the majority of his fleet left another Admiral with his own fleet had attacked looking too make Admiral XX surrender and join Admiral YY.

So now you have two groups of Storm Troopers too fight through after stealing a TIE Fighter, flying through space, shooting other ships down, and landing on planet.

Pretty much fight through Storm Troopers, Chicken Walkers, droids, all in hope of getting the Admiral XX.

Best part? You can have as many sequels as you want! Ok sure you took out that one Admiral but then what? You finally get back to the Alliance and tell them you got one of the Admirals but there are others and the Alliance needs help rebuilding/defending. You could make it a trilogy or some thing.

Blah blah blah, you gain experience by using the skills. You never use force push? No force push xp. A lot of saber fighting? You gain xp quickly and unlock new moves and damage+ and reflect/block lasers+. Use force lightning a lot once you learn it? Again gain xp in it faster for bigger, more targets, and more damage, so forth.

Use the same graphics/engine that the Force Unleashed used. It would be a new story that isn't stuck by needing it too fit in the canon of the movies.

Anyways, your ideas? Simple ones, totally original, sequels, prequels, what ever?
    http://www.bartcop.com/gop-war-on-hellhath.jpg
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar
    An always fun and never boring game called "Hide the Sausage" has lasted throughout the ages.

I like the idea GG but the fan boys will flip if some part of the story is changed. There are a lot of books written about the events after the Death of the Emperor. Luke re-builds the Jedi Academy, Han and Leia get married and have 3 kids who are all powerful in the force, and Leia becomes head of state of the new republic. Your ideas would be easy to fit in to that background and the world would be rich with opportunity for good adventure.

I would like to see an MMORPG like Warrhammer online that is based on an ongoing war between (at least ) 2 factions. This world would have towns and citys that could be captured and or destroyed based on the actions of the actual players. I would like to see a world where players can win or lose the war based on their actual results on the battlefield. To prevent one side from just dominating there would be NPC armys that would raise up and fight against the winning side. These NPC soldiers would get better and more numerous the more times their side makes progress in the war or perhaps the more time that side wins the entire war. As an end game one side would end up loosing and the winners would receive some sort of bonus for being the victors and the world and war would reset.
    Be Impeccable with Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

Kicking around ideas...

FPS
    Alien Nature
    You fight against an invading force, blah blah blah, filler, filler, big twist! You are an alien the whole time, and the invaders are humans! Would have to punch out details later but still, awesome.
    http://www.bartcop.com/gop-war-on-hellhath.jpg
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

Karma caster Contributor
    Jedo academy by kevin J anderson would make a kick ass game. rather then the previous jedi academy fails.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member hobobone's Avatar
    My game Idea..

Obviously Conspiracy Theory,

Game starts out with you running from an assassination squad. You are considered a terrorist by your own government.. You have no guns, so you run down an alley, frantically knock on a door. When the door opens you push yourself in, sidestepping the person who left you in..you then run through the house with the occupants following you.. Inside there are many elements to work from... Running, you grab a pair of scissors laying on a desk..you run upstairs, open a window and jump down onto the porch roof.. you flatten out on the roof as two of the hit squad walk underneath you. You drop down from the roof , driving the scissors into the back of one the trailing hit squad men..Grabbing his gun, you shoot the other hit squad member in the back. Now taking both hit squad members guns..its time to run again...

Open sandbox type game. Hundreds of ways to stay alive and complete objectives.. reality based deep conspiracy. Wrote right from conspiracies that are talked about in real time today.

The first game disk really just sets the story, narrative and the world. Anything that is possible in our world is possible there. Fast paced first and third person, yet deep interaction with characters pays off big time.

After the first game disk.. a group of writers write the story line in real time...releasing a new chapter every week..you may purchase via download or from your local game store..At the store they will download the chapter onto a flash drive or memory card, for downloading to your console.

Online play could give you the option of being the terrorist or the G men. The buying of cars, weapons, info and houses possible in the virtual world.. Alliances can be made with other friends to defeat the government. Script writers could be your friend or enemy..
    America is a two faced dictatorship, and the dictator is $$$$$$.

-Buy the rights to Roger Zelazny's 'Devil Car/The Wild Cars' sci-fi stories for Exhaust Pipe... with the player as a bounty-hunter in a tow-truck, destroying a 'herd' of robotic-vehicles.

Crop Circle... player starts as a stormchaser, but a strange tornado maroons player in an abandoned farm-town... Underneath the ground, alien machines are springing-to-life...

Any number of historical-RPG's with open environments...
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

A Rockstar type sandbox game with a Zombie theme, not just an addon to an existing game. But semi smart zombies, not just lurching undead, something like in the Will Smith I am Legend. Like they could learn, you set up traps for them and eventually they learn to set traps as well. Creepy cries for help from a dark building, really them imitating speech that they see norms reacting to, to lure them in.
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Eyeball... player is a mental-patient in the alps and must go-thru 12 levels of returning to sanity... via abstract puzzle-solving adventures, subplotted by an intangible assassin, who wants the player dead.

-starring the voice of Paris Hilton as; Taffy Veritigo

FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    Reef I really like 2 of your ideas so far.
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

Don't get comfortable. Contributor Goldmoon's Avatar
    It would be nice if they made a new game like Myth: The fallen Lords

or a game like "Knights and Merchants" lol

"He who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved."

Hard Target - The Game!

In the game you'd play as an eccentric millionaire who has been into Big Game Hunting for years. You find out that Emil Fouchon and his partner Pik Van Cleef have an organization that allows you to hunt the toughest and most dangerous animal of all - Humans. The game takes you through various locations as you hunt your human prey.

Once you beat the game in "Hunter Mode" you unlock the ability to play as one of the prey. Run as fast as you can, as the crazy hunters close in on you.

Multiplayer would be a huge success as well.

If it was set up as a serious hunting game, but with human targets who can fight back and such, it would be an extremely fun game to play.

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member Brewloc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon View Post
    Myth: The fallen Lords
    I loved the bomb chucking dwarfs, that game rocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Reef Badlaw View Post
    Eyeball... player is a mental-patient in the alps and must go-thru 12 levels of returning to sanity... via abstract puzzle-solving adventures, subplotted by an intangible assassin, who wants the player dead.

-starring the voice of Paris Hilton as; Taffy Veritigo

This is very familiar. There was a game like this years back. Sanitarium??
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    This is very familiar. There was a game like this years back. Sanitarium??
    Maybe... you might be thinking-of Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth, in which the player is flashbacking from a sanitarium.

I have a zillion game-ideas... all different. I'd use the sanitarium concept once, then jettison it.

A dinosaur... no reason Contributor Stabby Joe's Avatar
    Ideas?

To many... too many...

But just because you asked, I've always wondered if some sort of post-apocalyptic conquest strategy game could work.
    Science doesn't have all of the answers... otherwise it wouldn't be science.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabby Joe View Post
    I've always wondered if some sort of post-apocalyptic conquest strategy game could work.
    Buy the Rights to Clifford Simak's Cemetery World, in which future-Earth is owned by a galactic Mortuary/monument corporation... but the wilderness is controlled by 'ancient robotanks', vying for control of the cemeterylands. Player is in the middle of the action, as devil's advocate.

R. McGeddon... player is an eccentric inventor from Perthshire vs. intelligent nanoparticle-swarms released by a sophisticated puter-virus from somewhere near The Black Sea. Player had invented a form of anti-silicon housepaint... was working inside a test-room inside his house/lab... discovers surface-life was absorbed 'overnight'. -But groups of cave-explorers and undersea-scientists/mariners still exist. Player, armed with 'paint-guns and paint-bombs', leaves Scotland for the Southern Caucuses to quaff the nano-nest.

-Tunguska, in which the player is on a siberian-tiger safari in 1908, when the explosion happens. -Exposing hundreds of 'frozen' rowdisaurus-eggs, which incubate at an alarming-speed. -And a prehistoric gas that is changing the wilderness into a jungle of lizard-eating plants.

A dinosaur... no reason Contributor Stabby Joe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon View Post
    It would be nice if they made a new game like Myth: The fallen Lords
    Also this. A fantasy real time tactics with a deep mythology and even deeper gameplay.
    Science doesn't have all of the answers... otherwise it wouldn't be science.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    We talk about civilization as though itís a static state. There are no civilized people yet, itís a process thatís constantly going on. As long as you have war, police, prisons, crime, you are in the early stages of civilization.

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member stayoffmymoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximumPain View Post
    I like the idea GG but the fan boys will flip if some part of the story is changed. There are a lot of books written about the events after the Death of the Emperor. Luke re-builds the Jedi Academy, Han and Leia get married and have 3 kids who are all powerful in the force, and Leia becomes head of state of the new republic. Your ideas would be easy to fit in to that background and the world would be rich with opportunity for good adventure.
    George Lucas has completely ignored the expanded Universe.

I shudder at the thought of him making episode 7. Episode II was the nail in the coffin for me. He managed to both enchant my childhood as well as destroy it.

I know this is off topic, but I always thought that if they were to do episode 7 it would need to be a COMPLETE RE BOOT. meaning almost ALL new characters (the original cast is too old) and a GRITTIER style.

Open over the Return of Jedi Titles, but sideways and the music is looped backwards, thus letting the viewer know they are in for a NEW experience.

Land on the sand planet where Luke and Gang just killed Jabba, the Sarlac Pitt, Boba Fett shoots out of the Pitt, his jet pack out of control. He finally throws it off and now for the TITLE CREDITS EPISODE VII: EMPIRE FALLEN. Much like Jonah and the Whale, this opening would fit into Luca's use of mythical and religious storytelling, which he used as a blueprint for his original trilogy (then copied in the shallow prequels) while presenting new ideas. Such as redemption.

The main "Gang" like the original gang would hail from the lower ranks of the Empire, introducing them around the events of the destruction of the second Death star, thus empire fallen. The remaining fleets would be locked in an internal war for power, while the Rebels would close in. It would flip everyone's idea of Good and Evil on it's ear....besides the destruction of the second death star could play out much like 9/11 adding another layer of intelligence, thus EMPIRE FALLEN. The story would be interesting because they characters would actually have to make COMPELLING CHOICES rather than follow a cardboard story of let's go to this planet, fight this weird name, crappy love scene (episode 2 cough). George Lucas cannot write dialogue anymore, don't even get me started on his ability to write female characters.

But, one can only dream. Intelligence has been something Star Wars has lacked for YEARS. Besides the EMPIRE is what made Star Wars good. IDK I guess the Kid's market really dictates the quality and maturity of the material, but you know you suck when a Star Trek film trumps a Star Wars film.

The games have always been good though.

As for a game I'd like to see it'd probably be a more realistic version of GTA. I'm sure they're working on it.

If I ever have kids and video games one day look like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyCyzB0CedM

I'm tossing the xbox out the window.

OH and you posted DUST 514. That is my dream game.

Karma caster Contributor
    Jedi Academy would make for an AWESOME GAME or new movie.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    Jedi Academy would make for an AWESOME GAME or new movie.
    I've always thought that Shadows of the Empire (with Dash Rendar) would make an awesome movie! Well, just as long as they don't pull a Phantom Menace on us and just shit on film for two hours.

Jedi Academy, is that where Luke starts to rebuild the whole concept of Jedis? That would be an amazing game, especially if you could not only play through the game as Luke, but if you could make a new toon that's going through the training to become a Jedi.

Thread Information