Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plea for a 'lil help...

DIE! By my hand! Administrator MetalMilitia's Avatar
    Disable These Ads!
    Sure, just PM me :)
    Email : webmaster (-at-) armageddononline (-dot-) org or click here.

Mayor of Hellview Contributor Marseyus's Avatar
    It's not much, but maybe it will help with something.

"I pity the fool who don't donate to AO"
    In Brass I Trust!

Karma caster Contributor
    HOARY Marseyus

Thanks for the assist!
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

i rule, u serve dinner tahn1000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
    Rather than mope around and be completely unemployed, and suck that money from the gov - I doubled the readership and got some sponsors - which hopefully stick around. Apologies for the ads, but it's not the annoying kind, with audio, and pop ups heh. Just google, amazon etc...

Did have some part time gigs as well. I'm trying not to be fail, heh.

And let me just say this : to those who have responded so quickly : I am COMPLETELY blown away. You have no idea how much it means to me, that a handful of you helped within like... literally a day. You are completely awesome, probably why every day I try new things, publish news, and try to bring in more crazy... scratch that... amazing people like you.

Hopefully I will never have to do this again, 'cause I still feel terrible...

I will add a subscribe option again also, do like ... $3 / 5/ 10 monthly or something. Also : I will look into removing the right sidebar for all contributors... hopefully I can find a way to do that :)

One more giant thank you!
    Seriously, DO NOT GO DOWN THAT ROAD where you start giving little priveleges to regulat contributors. Paypal may call it subscription if you use the wrong button layout but you call it monthly donations! You will never hear the end of. The demands for more and more "privileges" will be unending.

Besides your sponsors may not appreciate the reduced audience. They're paying for membership exposure, not for exposure to just some of the audience.
    "your god is not mine (john 8:37-40)"
    knowledge is wasted on the ignorant

Karma caster Contributor
    Sooo Big thanks to Tired old man. Big thanks to MM. And. Craigslist! MM not sure if you utilize it or not but I use the heck out of it. Mostly I use the freelist. I take peoples unwanted crap, Help them get rid of as much as they want. Then a sell it either on craigslist again or in garage sales. I also Buy from craigslist.... 80 dollar baby bouncer for 30 bucks. 70 dollar baby saucer 15 bucks. Computer junk galore ... and if your near a big city your craigslist options are even better.

So just thought I'd put that out there.. It saves me money and makes me money. With out it... I'd be in a much darker place. Like you , it has been awhile since I have been able to find a job working for the man. Thank goodness I found this other means of making money.... Of course if I had kick ass website like this I know I'd be pimping it for all it was worth...

And "no limit survival"... EXCELLENT ADVERTISER I feel they are tailor made for many of the folks (Us prepers) that they fit us like a glove.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Section 8 all the way Contributor medicvet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
    I can easily commit to $5 or $10 a month.

Anyone else?
    This place is like home to me..starting May 1st, can do $5 a month..on the 1st, will need to know in more detail how to go about it. Things are tight, but I know I can smoke one less pack of cigs per month..it's about that price.

Quote Originally Posted by medicvet View Post
    This place is like home to me..starting May 1st, can do $5 a month..on the 1st, will need to know in more detail how to go about it. Things are tight, but I know I can smoke one less pack of cigs per month..it's about that price.

to Medicvet

And

to TOM for giving Anarch a leg up!

Karma caster Contributor
    No doubt that was very very nice of him.. An unexpected blessing.

Karma caster Contributor
    Morning bump.

I do plan to change my signature back to the old one at some point but not yet.

Karma caster Contributor
    Sleepy bump

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
    I'm in kind of a bad spot financially right now, and my job never came back. I have my apps in several places, but it's almost like there is a damn 'waiting' list... some of you know I worked 50+ hour weeks at the local shop - well, I never got the call back.

I feel like crap even asking, but this isn't charity though - at least I'm trying to rationalize it that way (ahh humility). AO was planned to move to dedicated hosting in 36 days, but between the coming rent, insurance and elevated cost of living (I got this amazingly awesome girl living with me now, score) it's catching up super quick. But no, I'm not asking for handouts.

I put in a lot of time here over the years, and have been doing a lot of new things to try and draw in more people and get stability to my life. If you can find it in your heart to throw in a few dollars, I will do everything in my power in the future to make it up to you. Call it a site donation, call it begging... I don't know. I just really don't know what to do. Things are amazing, but the lack of REAL jobs and stability for me is frustrating.

So for whatever AO is worth to you, or whatever you can spare - I would much appreciate it.

Don't forget the perks of being a 'contributor' - larger avatar, more PM space... etc. It's not a complete donate for nothing cause.
    Dear MM ~ I hope that you received everything you needed and more. What you give -- that's like part of yourself -- with AO is such an awesome thing. Your soul gift cannot be valued in monetary terms. It's much much more than that. You deserve all the good that the universe has to offer....and may it all be on its way to you soon, and henceforth.

Anything you need ever, for AO to provide the good that it does -- you should always ask -- and never never be sorry for so doing.

I truly am sorry for asking
    Really really -- apologies unnecessary. My income is very very tiny (we live in a low-rent, tiny apartment in the 'hood, but we're so good, and happiness is free...) -- however, I follow my soul vision, knowing that the universe provides what's necessary for my well-being. Please don't ever be sorry for asking.

And just as an aside, I have a big Thank You to send out -- to the universe, and wherever -- for the awesome birthday gift$ I received this month -- from a family member.

I try to remain anonymous, as much as I can, to protect those I care about most from ill-wishers, so I refrain from saying a more detailed thank-you....but wow, that birthday check was amazing in the biggest way!!

It's mostly gone now....I took my little sweet man out to a nice birthday lunch, (well, the server was a huge ass, but that's nothing new -- ) we went to see Hop, he got some new toys, a new DS game player (My god, he loves games, I can't believe I've raised such a little pro gamer!! Thank god for the pre-owned games section at Game Stop!) And he fashioned up at the local discount shops, got some stylin' new clothes -- he's very much the little urban hipster now, he loves to be stylish!! Not to mention that he's much too big now for the osh-kosh-b'gosh in the closet....:sob: )

Also, as usual, Starbucks got a lot of our birthday $$ as well -- we go there for internet, and/or a treat on the way to the park, if we have any cash on hand whatsoever.

We try to give back goodness when we receive it.

MM does that too, with AO, every day, so thank you again, for the loveliness that is AO....and the excellent vibe that it serves the universe. Also, sending wishes of prosperity to you and yours....may you be blessed with abundance, well-being and monetary success always!

http://forums.armageddononline.org/billspaypal.php?
    Last edited by calliope; Apr 25th, 2011 at 2:08 PM.
    absit invidia

Karma caster Contributor
    Another sleepy morning bump...

Quote Originally Posted by calliope View Post
    ...My income is very very tiny (we live in a low-rent, tiny apartment in the 'hood, but we're so good, and happiness is free...) -- however, I follow my soul vision, knowing that the universe provides what's necessary for my well-being. Please don't ever be sorry for asking.

Wow...the universe just kicked me in the ass -- wonder what I did wrong did this time.

I was in the process of arranging a recurring payment to AO through paypal (not much, like 5-10$/month), when.....

My apartment just raised my rent almost 50$ per month.....a new twist on their tactics in the close to 6 years that we've lived here (something they said they wouldn't do -- lie -- when I signed my first rental agreement.

While my miniscule income has remained the same.. It has, in fact, lessened actually, as my ex forces me into lying about my son's living arrangements, on his income taxes, every year, so that he doesn't have to pay tax on his 6 figure salary (+ fat yearly bonus-es)....and gets a fat tax refund instead.

So at the beginning, he "promised" that he'd give us the entire tax refund, as "compensation" for lying to the government (I despise doing this, but his capacity to terrorize my life is something I've never managed to overcome, as his physical violence towards us is still terrifying), because he simply didn't want to pay. Which of course he never did, give us the refund, only a small fraction of it in the last few years. Now he refuses to give us any of it, but I still have to sign off on his lies. But he does have some very nice, expensive designer watches, clothing, sunglasses, etc etc.

Perhaps I'd do better if I'd start being a lying user as well.

(It does seem also, that no sex, 5+yrs -- no drugs/smoke, 14 yrs -- no alcohol 13+yrs....doesn't buy you any favors with the universe either. Life rewarded me so much more when I was an active participant in these activities. )

Perhaps not. Oh well, I still believe in the goodness of the Universe, in spite of my perpetual naivety. Whatever.

absit invidia

Karma caster Contributor
    You could always do this,..... Next time you goto see him for whatever reason...bring a small thing of airplane glue with you.

Either before you knock on his door or after your leaving visit his Mercedes and stick the airplane glue in the lock...Even better if it aint locked stick the glue in the ignition.

Don't feel bad. Feel like getting even.

Sometimes the universe allows you to be the hand of karma.

YOu have but to do

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    You could always do this,..... Next time you goto see him for whatever reason...bring a small thing of airplane glue with you.

Either before you knock on his door or after your leaving visit his Mercedes and stick the airplane glue in the lock...Even better if it aint locked stick the glue in the ignition.

Don't feel bad. Feel like getting even.

Sometimes the universe allows you to be the hand of karma.

YOu have but to do
    Awww....I find my exes' low-life back-stabbing ways so vile that I never ever want to be like that. Not now, nor when I grow up.

That's funny that you mention that though. The exact same thing happened to me with our laundry room at my apartments. I placed the key in the lock, and it did exactly as you describe! (after years of working just fine). I had the courtesy to call my apt peeps to tell them that my key was stuck in the lock, as no one else would be able to use the room either. They just practically told me to fuck off, and never bothered to give me another key to the laundry room.

Hatred is such a shitty thing. I don't want to be the perpetrator of it ever, at least deliberately.
    absit invidia

Karma caster Contributor
    Second to last bump.

Life is good Contributor Tired Old Man's Avatar
    I'll see your bump and raise you a click on the link.
    From AO's home page MM is doing a much better job at providing links to survival. The Berkey Water Filter looks good to me. Not sure if it helps to click on the links but I do. I like the Go Berkey Kit.

Wow...the universe just kicked me in the ass -- wonder what I did wrong did this time.

I was in the process of arranging a recurring payment to AO through paypal (not much, like 5-10$/month), when.....

My apartment just raised my rent almost 50$ per month.....a new twist on their tactics in the close to 6 years that we've lived here (something they said they wouldn't do -- lie -- when I signed my first rental agreement.

While my miniscule income has remained the same.. It has, in fact, lessened actually, as my ex forces me into lying about my son's living arrangements, on his income taxes, every year, so that he doesn't have to pay tax on his 6 figure salary (+ fat yearly bonus-es)....and gets a fat tax refund instead.

So at the beginning, he "promised" that he'd give us the entire tax refund, as "compensation" for lying to the government (I despise doing this, but his capacity to terrorize my life is something I've never managed to overcome, as his physical violence towards us is still terrifying), because he simply didn't want to pay. Which of course he never did, give us the refund, only a small fraction of it in the last few years. Now he refuses to give us any of it, but I still have to sign off on his lies. But he does have some very nice, expensive designer watches, clothing, sunglasses, etc etc.

Perhaps I'd do better if I'd start being a lying user as well.

(It does seem also, that no sex, 5+yrs -- no drugs/smoke, 14 yrs -- no alcohol 13+yrs....doesn't buy you any favors with the universe either. Life rewarded me so much more when I was an active participant in these activities. )

Perhaps not. Oh well, I still believe in the goodness of the Universe, in spite of my perpetual naivety. Whatever.

you're already lying, apparently, to the detriment of yourself and your son. time to get legal advice and straighten that out.

Quote Originally Posted by tahn1000 View Post
    you're already lying, apparently, to the detriment of yourself and your son. time to get legal advice and straighten that out.

Tried that already. He keeps a pitbull lawyer on a short leash. Kicks me in the teeth whenever they get the chance. His $$ and creditcards make far more of an impact than my low income life-style.

I do my best not to lie (in my personal life, and my own interactions, I am honest to a fault). When I was at the women's shelter, the police had me make a statement -- we spent over 2-3 hours with a DA's assistant at the police office writing out the domestic issues. All under the supervision of a police officer.

Then he left, said he was going on vacation for 2 weeks. After I finished the written paperwork, I went back in, and the DA assistant said, Oh I'm sorry, I went to save your file -- and lost all of it!! Every last bit of hours of work. Then she laughed. Said it was closing time. We spent another 15 minutes trying to replicate the hours of work. It wasn't at all close to the original.

Oh well. So she said the DA's office will call you in 2 weeks. Never did. I called 3 weeks later, and she said she couldn't find my file. Then she found it stuck in drawer somewhere. And that it was invalidated. So that was the end of that. Lies.

You're right. I've been complicit in his lies ever since living with him. I've tried to slowly extract myself from that, without it causing physical, mental and psyche harm to my son. That's a very delicate balance to maintain, esp when he has the support of his very conservative company, church and community behind him. He's a conservative, right wing christian (no matter how hypocritical his real actions are, that's how he aligns himself, and the label is all that matters.)

Thanks for the advice though.
    Last edited by calliope; May 1st, 2011 at 9:42 AM.
    absit invidia

serioiusly, i think it's time to get out of the country if that is all his influence. either that or get one of those lawyers that does the pro bono stuff - and then get out of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by tahn1000 View Post
    serioiusly, i think it's time to get out of the country if that is all his influence. either that or get one of those lawyers that does the pro bono stuff - and then get out of the country.
    His lawyer made sure that I would never be able to leave the country with my son. I asked for at least Canada, and ex-husband refused.

Bullies can do that, and I'm really quite pathetic, but I do try my best. But I'm nothing up against bullies. They go for the jugular, and yet -- I won't stop trying for my son til they get their wishes to see me dead. They're very clear about that too you know. But c'est la vie, life is for the living, and I'm going to give my son every chance at a decent life, no matter how much blood they squeeze out of me.

You are very kind though to spend your time and energy sharing such valuable advice. Thanks!

(Oh and I called the free legal help line, and they kept sending me to other departments, til I just got a dead tone. I tried that for days. No luck speaking to anyone.)
    absit invidia

Section 8 all the way Contributor medicvet's Avatar
    Your ex sounds like a real son of a bitch. I only wish there was something I could do that would help...just remember that as long as you have your son that he may be able to do a lot to make you miserable, that you are still the one that gets to raise your son..it may not be much, but it helped when I remembered that when I was battling my ex husband and my ex father in law as well, that as long as I had my daughter, that the sob's hadn't won in the long run.

His lawyer made sure that I would never be able to leave the country with my son. I asked for at least Canada, and ex-husband refused.

Bullies can do that, and I'm really quite pathetic, but I do try my best. But I'm nothing up against bullies. They go for the jugular, and yet -- I won't stop trying for my son til they get their wishes to see me dead. They're very clear about that too you know. But c'est la vie, life is for the living, and I'm going to give my son every chance at a decent life, no matter how much blood they squeeze out of me.

You are very kind though to spend your time and energy sharing such valuable advice. Thanks!

(Oh and I called the free legal help line, and they kept sending me to other departments, til I just got a dead tone. I tried that for days. No luck speaking to anyone.)
    don't give up on the pro bono stuff. you might find a lead to a high-end lawyer from a firm big enough not to be afraid to take him on.

Karma caster Contributor

Dude really?

This prick sounds like such super douche that you are quite justified in taking drastic actions. From the sound of things you should. I mean at this point the universe cries out for justice and it's on you to deliver it and your all like... "Nope." It's OK, you have the strength inside yourself to fight for yourself... You can do it.

Throw some open beer cans in his car and test out your states open container laws.... Call the IRS and pretend to be him and tell them that you have been cheating on your taxes and you wish to make things right...then make an appointment to come in and fix things...Go key his car, paint his house ugly, throw grass killer all over his lawn. You can do it.

actually dobbing him in to the IRS sounds like an excellent idea. what have you got on him that they might be interested in?

i say - go for it.

Thread Information