Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plea for a 'lil help...

DIE! By my hand! Administrator MetalMilitia's Avatar

Plea for a 'lil help...

Disable These Ads!
    I'm in kind of a bad spot financially right now, and my job never came back. I have my apps in several places, but it's almost like there is a damn 'waiting' list... some of you know I worked 50+ hour weeks at the local shop - well, I never got the call back.

I feel like crap even asking, but this isn't charity though - at least I'm trying to rationalize it that way (ahh humility). AO was planned to move to dedicated hosting in 36 days, but between the coming rent, insurance and elevated cost of living (I got this amazingly awesome girl living with me now, score) it's catching up super quick. But no, I'm not asking for handouts.

I put in a lot of time here over the years, and have been doing a lot of new things to try and draw in more people and get stability to my life. If you can find it in your heart to throw in a few dollars, I will do everything in my power in the future to make it up to you. Call it a site donation, call it begging... I don't know. I just really don't know what to do. Things are amazing, but the lack of REAL jobs and stability for me is frustrating.

So for whatever AO is worth to you, or whatever you can spare - I would much appreciate it.

Don't forget the perks of being a 'contributor' - larger avatar, more PM space... etc. It's not a complete donate for nothing cause.

I truly am sorry for asking

http://forums.armageddononline.org/billspaypal.php?
    Email : webmaster (-at-) armageddononline (-dot-) org or click here.

'Lil help given. Wish it could have been more.

Karma caster Contributor
    We all get by with a little help from our friends!
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Karma caster Contributor
    Hey YOU

The man could use a hand! I don't have any spare change to donate myself... but being out of work for a long time...I can relate. If it weren't for the free list on craigslist I'd be in much worse shape. Anyways if you DO have the means then please help him out. The site is nice and times are tough all over.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Don't be sorry for asking, I know it's tough.
    This is seriously one of the best forums on the web, but it didn't happen by magic. It happened because Matt has stood by this site thick and thin and he did it for us. Or maybe for the glory, I dunno...
    but still. He may not participate much openly, and only rarely responds to pm's, but he kept it going. Give and give and give... it's time to give back if at all possible.
    There are not many forums like this- this place has become a cyber-home for many of us to meet, laugh, talk, inform, learn, debate, argue, fight, and make up. There is genuine love here for many of us, and an awesome energy all the way around.

If just a handful of people here, say 10 or 20, would commit to contribute $5-$10 a month, we could keep it going. Consider it activism.
    Come on, $5 a month is $1.25 a week, $10 is $2.50.

Karma caster Contributor
    NO doubt... this place is awesome...

IT is small yet active... not well known among the CT sites on the web yet far better then most of them.

I consider myself lucky that I found this place just because I was looking for some 911 info to debate with. ...I found this place and stayed,

AO rocks!

I don't remember what brought me here, to be honest. Probably something like that as well.
    I know I signed up and then didn't post for a very long time. When I started posting, there were few women who were active here.
    Now we have a rolling bunch of men and women, young and old, conservative and liberal, ect.
    I have lots of love for my AO peeps- and I'm sure others do, too.

Nice sig!

Brother Watchman Contributor RhymnRzn's Avatar
    ah it ought to all be free, and minus all the commercials and advertisements, which tend to make me rather turn it all off. all free atleast for a mighty prolonged season, and then, after that ye/we gotta turn and pay for services, that there's some kind of decent purpose in working that no one person has to bust a hump: or don't bother, the brothers unemployed, what's the big problem, really?

Life is good Contributor Tired Old Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RhymnRzn View Post
    ah it ought to all be free, and minus all the commercials and advertisements, which tend to make me rather turn it all off. all free atleast for a mighty prolonged season, and then, after that ye/we gotta turn and pay for services, that there's some kind of decent purpose in working that no one person has to bust a hump: or don't bother, the brothers unemployed, what's the big problem, really?
    You've been here since 2005 ? That a lot of free. I donate $10 in your name.

And whats wrong with the advertisement ? Some good stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tired Old Man View Post
    You've been here since 2005 ? That a lot of free. I donate $10 in your name.

And whats wrong with the advertisement ? Some good stuff there.
    well based on the ability/command severed to me to contribute, you can say I put new wiper blades on this hooptie back in the day: hopefully like those good quality ones that last a while. either way, if it was down to going the extra mile, i can throw em some loot and set forth for the space i take up. but i do hate 99 percent of all advertisements; but maybe its more the waste of time space and resources that it takes to set forth the nonsense: as it is said "there's more to life than food and drink etc.

Quote Originally Posted by "RhymnRzn'
    i do hate 99 percent of all advertisements
    Maybe regular contributors could be set not to see the ads. That could be a perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    Maybe regular contributors could be set not to see the ads. That could be a perk.
    you're talking about here (which i'll be hands off with as it were my expectations), but i am speaking of everywhere else too.

Karma caster Contributor
    Ad blockers exist... I use them too...on some sites... The no limit survival gear spot is actually cool. They got stuff for the Insano survivalist( like "the responder") and the smal scale quality knife with fire starter detachment for smaller scale folks like me. (not that I could even afford that on my budget)

AS for this place being all free.. noo..

THis place should be whatever the owner wants it to be... RIght now the owner wants it to rock on... and since he has paid up for awhile it will go on... but if you re-read the OP it aint so much about the site as it is him personally. And I can respect that. The Dude is in a pinch.

Can you help a brother out?

I know I can't .... I am fuck all poor... BUT I can adjust my sig and bump this thread and talk about it with others...it is what I can do...

If I had a credit card I would throw down...but I don't even have a bank account. Everything I do I do in cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    AS for this place being all free.. noo..

THis place should be whatever the owner wants it to be... RIght now the owner wants it to rock on....
    wll forgive me for not being likeminded, but the whole idea i was generally on about was Oh that things might well rock on but without price: sorry but whole idea of something rockin and bein free at the same time is not too sweet to eat, if you know what i mean.

One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Da moneys in da bank.....now I want a photo of Matt dancing on his roof..lol

If just a handful of people here, say 10 or 20, would commit to contribute $5-$10 a month, we could keep it going. Consider it activism.
    Come on, $5 a month is $1.25 a week, $10 is $2.50.

I can easily commit to $5 or $10 a month.

Anyone else?

Yay!
    I'm moving my monthly contrib up a little, no problem. I will just let go of a food and recipe blog I had going but have not posted on since way last year.

I'd also like to see a video or at least a picture of MM dancing on the roof! In a mankini!

Karma caster Contributor
    I ,as well, would be very amused with some roof dancing.

i rule, u serve dinner tahn1000's Avatar
    the subscription button's gone missing from the side?
    "your god is not mine (john 8:37-40)"
    knowledge is wasted on the ignorant

There is a "Support AO" link up there at top, to the right of "Community".
    I don't know where the "monthly $5 or $10 link is, but I think as you go through the link there, you'll have an option to make a recurring donation.

:-)

i rule, u serve dinner tahn1000's Avatar
    There is a "Support AO" link up there at top, to the right of "Community".
    I don't know where the "monthly $5 or $10 link is, but I think as you go through the link there, you'll have an option to make a recurring donation.

:-)
    went through that, but there's no option for monthly subscription there. just saying because some might be spurred to start that, and the option's not there.
    "your god is not mine (john 8:37-40)"
    knowledge is wasted on the ignorant

Rather than mope around and be completely unemployed, and suck that money from the gov - I doubled the readership and got some sponsors - which hopefully stick around. Apologies for the ads, but it's not the annoying kind, with audio, and pop ups heh. Just google, amazon etc...

Did have some part time gigs as well. I'm trying not to be fail, heh.

And let me just say this : to those who have responded so quickly : I am COMPLETELY blown away. You have no idea how much it means to me, that a handful of you helped within like... literally a day. You are completely awesome, probably why every day I try new things, publish news, and try to bring in more crazy... scratch that... amazing people like you.

Hopefully I will never have to do this again, 'cause I still feel terrible...

I will add a subscribe option again also, do like ... $3 / 5/ 10 monthly or something. Also : I will look into removing the right sidebar for all contributors... hopefully I can find a way to do that :)

One more giant thank you!

Karma caster Contributor
    You're a cool dude and you run a great site.

Life is good Contributor Tired Old Man's Avatar
    Anyway way to donate and give credit to someone else ?

Thread Information