Thread: Battle over Nuremberg 1561

Battle over Nuremberg 1561

Disable These Ads!
    What do you guys think of this?

It has been documented that on April 14, 1561, the citizens of Nuremberg, Germany witnessed the sky filled with cylindrical objects and the objects were fighting each other. The battle was dipicted in a 16th century wood carving by Hans Glaser.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case486.htm

"Today in Odd History, an eerie battle raged in the skies above Nuremberg, Germany. It began at dawn, as dozens, if not hundreds, of crosses, globes and tubes fought each other above the city. It ended an hour later, when "the globes in the small and large rods flew into the sun," and several of the other objects crashed to earth and vanished in a thick cloud of smoke.

According to the Nuremberg Gazette, the "dreadful apparition" filled the morning sky with "cylindrical shapes from which emerged black, red, orange and blue-white spheres that darted about." Between the spheres, there were "crosses with the color of blood." This "frightful spectacle"was witnessed by "numerous men and women." Afterwards, a "black, spear-like object" appeared. The author of the Gazette warned that "the God-fearing will by no means discard these signs, but will take it to heart as a warning of their merciful Father in heaven, will mend their lives and faithfully beg God, that he avert His wrath, including the well-deserved punishment, on us, so that we may, temporarily here and perpetually there, live as His children." In the same year, a Lutheran clergyman on progress in Nuremberg wrote: "...God the Almighty has ... placed in the heavens many horrible and hitherto unheard of signs... We have seen far more signs now than in any other year. The sun and the moon have been darkened on a number of occasions. A crucifix in the sky was seen, as were biers and coffins with black men beside them. Further, rods and whips and many other signs were seen in a multitude of places... and scarcely a year has passed of late without an eclipse of the sun or moon..."

People have tried to explain this a a meteor shower, sun dog, fata morgana, or a small comet breaking up in the atmosphere.

The meteor and asteroid fit in some ways as descriptions of objects on fire falling to earth then vanishing into steam fit a meteor strike very well.

Given the times the descriptions of crosses and balls of lights could just be imagination related to religion.

Fata morgana doesn't works if some reports that the objects "filled the skies" are true, but many say it was at sunrise and the objects appeared near the sun and it would fit the description of the large black object reported at the end of the event. Also that is an issue for the meteor/asteroid ideas because the descriptions are so chaotic. Even if hundred or thousands of meteors were coming into the atmosphere would would think there would be more organized direction described, not streaking about as if in combat. But if they were coming in from the direction of the sun it could explain the varying descriptions as people try to look into the sunrise to figure out what they see.

No really detailed description has ever been found that I know of, The paper reported it with a religious slant. If you do a search for Switzerland 1566 you will find a similar report but of black circles. Could be the same phenomenon just reported with a different perspective, but again at sunrise.

2 existing woodcuts depict the event but they differ starkly. The color woodcut is much like the event describes but the black and white woodcut is much like the description of the Swiss event. The Swiss account sounds like what you might expect to see if the sun was behind a meteor shower coming over the horizon.

Another interesting theory is some sort of time slip, that these people were witnessing the events of WWII somehow playing out in the skies above them.
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Fascinating... I can't figure-out why they would choose to skirmish in the atmosphere without going-at-it at ground-level too. The woodcutters would probably be employed on-commission. Chances are, they're getting the info second-hand. 450-years ago... not that long.
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

Quote Originally Posted by Reef Badlaw View Post
    Fascinating... I can't figure-out why they would choose to skirmish in the atmosphere without going-at-it at ground-level too. The woodcutters would probably be employed on-commission. Chances are, they're getting the info second-hand. 450-years ago... not that long.
    The one artist was from the area and saw the incident(clor woodcutting), or so the history says. The second artist is anonymous so no telling.
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Okay... was using the law of proportionality. -How many 'pro' woodcutters coincidentally witnessed the event(s), rationalizing along-the-lines of a fully-equipped and ready documentary-crew coincidentally witnessing a UFO-flyby.

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member MaxBooBoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    Given the times the descriptions of crosses and balls of lights could just be imagination related to religion.
    The article actually reads: "This frightful spectacle was WITNESSED by NUMEROUS men and women."

=> "witnessed" = "imagined" in Rabid's mind! ...or is it due to Rabid's imagination that he claims they rather "imagined" what they actually saw happening in the sky?

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member MaxBooBoo's Avatar
    @ Rabid: I forgot to ask for your EVIDENCE of the imaginational theory you came up with. Defend your theory or stop making up explanations you can't prove when there are newspaper reports that prove it DID happen.

Your asteroid and meteor theory is equally stupid as the article clearly states that "it ended AN HOUR later". It must have been one hell of a cosmic bombardment back then if you're right. I wonder how anyone in Nuremburg could have survived this?

i rule, u serve dinner tahn1000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
    In the same year, a Lutheran clergyman on progress in Nuremberg wrote: "...God the Almighty has ... placed in the heavens many horrible and hitherto unheard of signs... We have seen far more signs now than in any other year. The sun and the moon have been darkened on a number of occasions. A crucifix in the sky was seen, as were biers and coffins with black men beside them. Further, rods and whips and many other signs were seen in a multitude of places... and scarcely a year has passed of late without an eclipse of the sun or moon..." [/I]
    one also has to consider how many solar and lunar eclipses happen in a year.
    "your god is not mine (john 8:37-40)"
    knowledge is wasted on the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBooBoo View Post
    The article actually reads: "This frightful spectacle was WITNESSED by NUMEROUS men and women."

=> "witnessed" = "imagined" in Rabid's mind! ...or is it due to Rabid's imagination that he claims they rather "imagined" what they actually saw happening in the sky?
    @ Rabid: I forgot to ask for your EVIDENCE of the imaginational theory you came up with. Defend your theory or stop making up explanations you can't prove when there are newspaper reports that prove it DID happen.

Your asteroid and meteor theory is equally stupid as the article clearly states that "it ended AN HOUR later". It must have been one hell of a cosmic bombardment back then if you're right. I wonder how anyone in Nuremburg could have survived this?
    Wow the moron speaks. I never said any if these things are certain to be what it was, just as no one can say for certain what it was. I simply gave possibilities that others have put forward. As you have no real interest in this other than to stir shit up, why would I bother presenting what you could simply look up yorself.

I am speaking from memory because I studied this phenomenon years ago. Since I am certain this is the first time you have heard of it give Google a try. You might, though I doubt you will retain it, learn something.

Since you have never seen a meteor shower let me explain that they can last mere minutes or build up and last hours. Try watching one sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Reef Badlaw View Post
    Okay... was using the law of proportionality. -How many 'pro' woodcutters coincidentally witnessed the event(s), rationalizing along-the-lines of a fully-equipped and ready documentary-crew coincidentally witnessing a UFO-flyby.
    Lol yeah. But an incident like this would have people drawing others out from their houses and shops to witness this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    Lol yeah. But an incident like this would have people drawing others out from their houses and shops to witness this.
    I just remembered something... As Ray Harryhausen-n-crew were filming Valley Of Gwangi in Mexico, one of the test-shots of Tony Franciosa featured a hovering silver-white UFO kinda looming above his shoulder.

Thread Information