Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Solve et Coagula spam

One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Disable These Ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by FireAnt View Post
    Perhaps there should be a limit set in place for the number of threads that can be created by a user, per day for example. That should give opportunity for those who have created threads to have their opinions and thoughts seen.

Is there some rule requiring users to respond to others' posts relating to their own? Perhaps Solve believes that he is presenting a topic from which others may choose to discuss their own viewpoints, or merely passing information to other forum users. The idea that he posts the same information on multiple forums doesn't necessarily constitute spam. Since many forum users are unlikely to be members of all the forums he posts on, he is ensuring that the information is seem by as many people as possible.

His postings do not lead users to endorsements or products. They only serve to provide some form of information. Whether this information is correct is up to debate. Whether it is useful depends on each individual user's own viewpoint. Just because you, and perhaps many others, believe that what he posts is garbage does not necessarily mean that he should be unable to post it. If that were the case then I am sure there are many other threads/posts, created by other users, that we can remove from around the forum.

As with any other user, if you believe what he posts is garbage and you are sure that any response to his posts will go unnoticed, then the best thing to do would be to ignore him, and let anyone who is interested, for whatever reason, be allowed to read through his posts. We should definitely consider putting in place a limit to the number of thread starts per sub-forum per day though. I can't really think why anybody would need to create more than 2-3 threads in 1 sub-forum in a given day.

I can certainly understand that. I think with the recent happenings in Egypt, that he seems to be posting a lot on, and Ningy's little demonstration it has brought this entire issue to the forefront. At this stage though, I do not believe that simply banning Solve is the best option.
    I don't think banning the guy is the suggestion here, but asking the poster to reply to threads he has started is reasonable, and at least limit the amount posted in one section, rather than 25 in one day..... dialog is a good idea regardless of topic.

### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    Since many forum users are unlikely to be members of all the forums he posts on, he is ensuring that the information is seem by as many people as possible.
    In other words, he is marketing Globular Research and LEAP 20/20.

His postings do not lead users to endorsements or products.

Looks like a fail to me.

They only serve to provide some form of information. Whether this information is correct is up to debate. Whether it is useful depends on each individual user's own viewpoint. Just because you, and perhaps many others, believe that what he posts is garbage does not necessarily mean that he should be unable to post it. If that were the case then I am sure there are many other threads/posts, created by other users, that we can remove from around the forum.
    You have totally missed the point.

This is not a bulletin board where people post messages, it's a forum where people engage in discussion and debate.

People present an idea, or ask a question, or pose a topic about the end of the world, or something political, religious, philosophical, scientific, technological or historical, and then others discuss or comment on it, if they choose to do so.

Sometimes people will start a thread and link to an article to ask "is it possible" or "is the science bad/logic flawed/factually erroneous" or just to stimulate debate.

He does neither of the above.

He has never once posted here without a link to Globlular Research or LEAK 20/20 (and those are the only two sites he links).

And he has never responded to people who have ripped those propaganda articles to shreds.

But then, how could he possibly respond?

He is so busy making 100s, maybe even 1000s of posts on every freaking forum on the internet where he is registered (and not banned) that he doesn't have time to respond.

Or is that something you flagrantly intend to ignore?

You have to know why things are the way they are.

Every time someone clicks on a link to Globular Research or LEAK 20/20, those web-sites get a "hit."

The more "hits" your web-site gets, the more valuable the advertising dollar is on your web-site.

The more valuable the advertising is on your web-site, the more revenues you get.

So tell us again how it isn't spam.

You cannot view his activities solely within the confines of AO. You have to look at the internet as a whole, and quite clearly he is registered on dozens and dozens of forums and all he does is start a dozen threads with cut-n-paste articles from Globular Research and then never looks back.

You can cloak it in the mantra of "free speech" or whatever you want, but it smells like advertising/marketing and has the stench of spam.

Or maybe you think we're too stooopid and don't know of the existence of such fine web-sites like Globular Research and LEAK 20/20.

If people want to go there and read articles, they certainly can, but we don't need someone advertising their web-sites with dozens of posts here (which is exactly what he is doing).

Aren't you even curious why none of the members here, especially the senior members never link to those sites? Well that's because we've seen them years ago and they were hacked to bits and everyone knows LEAP 20/20 is worse than Nostradorkus when it comes to making predictions.

I can't really think why anybody would need to create more than 2-3 threads in 1 sub-forum in a given day.
    Unless you're spamming.

And please don't be dumb enough to accuse me of being pro-Israel. No one on this forum despises Israel more than I do, but I would never link to Global Research to support any argument I would make.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member CandyGirl's Avatar
    he should of just put all the posts together if it was about egypt, just merge them instead of having all those different posts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sarah

Iam puppy, hear me yap. Contributor lycanox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningishiddza View Post
    In other words, he is marketing Globular Research and LEAP 20/20.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/site_im...r%20Ad%202.jpg

Looks like a fail to me.

You have totally missed the point.

This is not a bulletin board where people post messages, it's a forum where people engage in discussion and debate.

People present an idea, or ask a question, or pose a topic about the end of the world, or something political, religious, philosophical, scientific, technological or historical, and then others discuss or comment on it, if they choose to do so.

Sometimes people will start a thread and link to an article to ask "is it possible" or "is the science bad/logic flawed/factually erroneous" or just to stimulate debate.

He does neither of the above.

He has never once posted here without a link to Globlular Research or LEAK 20/20 (and those are the only two sites he links).

And he has never responded to people who have ripped those propaganda articles to shreds.

But then, how could he possibly respond?

He is so busy making 100s, maybe even 1000s of posts on every freaking forum on the internet where he is registered (and not banned) that he doesn't have time to respond.

Or is that something you flagrantly intend to ignore?

You have to know why things are the way they are.

Every time someone clicks on a link to Globular Research or LEAK 20/20, those web-sites get a "hit."

The more "hits" your web-site gets, the more valuable the advertising dollar is on your web-site.

The more valuable the advertising is on your web-site, the more revenues you get.

You cannot view his activities solely within the confines of AO. You have to look at the internet as a whole, and quite clearly he is registered on dozens and dozens of forums and all he does is start a dozen threads with cut-n-paste articles from Globular Research and then never looks back.

You can cloak it in the mantra of "free speech" or whatever you want, but it smells like advertising/marketing and has the stench of spam.

Or maybe you think we're too stooopid and don't know of the existence of such fine web-sites like Globular Research and LEAK 20/20.

If people want to go there and read articles, they certainly can, but we don't need someone advertising their web-sites with dozens of posts here (which is exactly what he is doing).

Aren't you even curious why none of the members here, especially the senior members never link to those sites? Well that's because we've seen them years ago and they were hacked to bits and everyone knows LEAP 20/20 is worse than Nostradorkus when it comes to making predictions.

Unless you're spamming.

And please don't be dumb enough to accuse me of being pro-Israel. No one on this forum despises Israel more than I do, but I would never link to Global Research to support any argument I would make.
    The Spam rules on forums are not there to pester companies or block groups from spreading information. It merely exist to keep the board free of off topic advertisements for unrelated stuff. Like shoes, electronics and such.

As a result, the site does occasionally allow companies and corporations to post articles. Or occasionally even an direct advertisements. As long the posts are relevant to the topic discussed on the forum.
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/139/8/a/logo_by_lycanox.png

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tahn1000 View Post
    well (and it amazes me, too) the moderators have already ruled it isn't spam. and if "selling an idea" is all it takes to be accused of spam these days, then you and a lot of other posters are just as guilty.
    (a) That isn't necessarily true. He may be literally spamming, but he's doing in a way that (as of now) allows him to get away with it.

(b) He isn't selling an idea. He's using our forum to get hits on his website- he's making money off of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningishiddza View Post

Ningishiddza is right. This IS a form of spamming, but it is being very cleverly done. The problem is that the forum does not have a well defined definition of spam, and as a result he may be able to get away with it. It is unfortunate that someone can use our forum for financial gain, but MM hardly ever has an opinion on these sort of things, and since Lyca and I are the only mods that are active (and neither of us are quick with the banhammer), I don't see him being outright banned unless he messes up more substantially.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

has he been warned this time though CT?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by CandyGirl View Post
    has he been warned this time though CT?
    Copyright infringement.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

Quote Originally Posted by tahn1000 View Post
    well (and it amazes me, too) the moderators have already ruled it isn't spam. and if "selling an idea" is all it takes to be accused of spam these days, then you and a lot of other posters are just as guilty.
    Then I suggest you read posts 27 and 30... But I'm sure you'll find fault in this as well, which is why your credibility is.... "0"

### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    I used to moderate a debtor forum that used vBulletin before switching to phpBB and I know with those you can disable links for individual members or place limits, like someone has to make 50 posts (or 5,000 posts) before they're able to link to another site.

If he couldn't put links in his threads, he wouldn't come here, because it wouldn't be worth it.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    That is a good idea ning. Disable his ability to post links and see if he continues his barrage.
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeAfraid View Post
    That is a good idea ning. Disable his ability to post links and see if he continues his barrage.
    i totally agree on that one, all he does is copy and paste, whats the point in that? he never actually talks about anything really......so do it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sarah

In phpbb, at least, you can create a special user group and make rules specifically for that group, an then move whoever to the group the rules are for.

I think Vbulletin has more flexibility, but it seems like I saw this option for Vbulletin once when I was reading up on how to do that for phpbb.
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

Bank Robber Contributor Tsunami's Avatar
    Tahn any endoctrination, selling of ideas and htreads that are not debated are spam. I suggest you visit his website if his information is so compelling, and allow people here to discuss the ideas that THEY feel are relevant

nnaaa then they say you want censorship.. or the privilege to decide what gets posted.

But Ok if bringing this shit to a head so it gets dealt with, fine and dandy. I watched Solve post his non response threads for 5 years, and when I did mod this place, I warned him over and over about it. But he's doesn't give a shit.

I do not really think he is trying to indoctrinate anybody, I think he is trying to "get the word out" in the quickest way he knows possible. I do not think he is just pimping for a particular news service.

Personally, most of what he posts, I happen find resonance with. The only issue with me is the rule-breaking and the rampant-ness of it, with no personal response- and how he'll post like 10 threads in a row with none of himself coming through, which often buries other topics that were there, and then people never see them. Since he does tend to post similar stories from other sources, in an effort, I think, to underscore a point, it does indeed come
    across as bot-like.

And, maybe more importantly, "the people have spoken"- various of us with different political/socio viewpoints have complained about it. So maybe he sees this and might try harder to be less of a bot and more of a participant.

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member johnBeeone's Avatar
    and I'm not envy or Jealous about it ^_^ or have a sour graping heart just do not ban solve Pls.. because it serves as a sample and comparison to other which of which... when the topic to be sitted and have a good discussions and reasonings and different point of views.

On my style or pattern of explaining and replying on the thread I've commit always wrong words make mistake when I was new on AO. and get warned always many times by CT... at least I'm not a Bot even they were accused me a spammer... which is not the way I want to contest or to explain on that time well they banned me which that create my heart to love more all of this guys on AO....I'm True I'm johnb1 and refined to the NEW johnbeeone ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Watch The Truthcaster Get a chance to ask Bro. Eli regarding the Bible and your salvation! Wisdom dictates that our being was created by an intelligent Designer with His wisdom!

Once again....BANNING him is not the issue here....

Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    I do not really think he is trying to indoctrinate anybody, I think he is trying to "get the word out" in the quickest way he knows possible. I do not think he is just pimping for a particular news service.

Personally, most of what he posts, I happen find resonance with. The only issue with me is the rule-breaking and the rampant-ness of it, with no personal response- and how he'll post like 10 threads in a row with none of himself coming through, which often buries other topics that were there, and then people never see them. Since he does tend to post similar stories from other sources, in an effort, I think, to underscore a point, it does indeed come
    across as bot-like.

And, maybe more importantly, "the people have spoken"- various of us with different political/socio viewpoints have complained about it. So maybe he sees this and might try harder to be less of a bot and more of a participant.
    Not if he's more interested in getting hits on his website than "getting the word out." One thing can't be denied: he's been banned all over the internet for this stuff- and this has occurred irrespective of the political views of the moderators and administrators of these forums. They ban him because he clutters forums and doesn't engage in any dialog, which makes it obvious that he's just trying to get hits on his website. Some forums tolerate this, some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    They ban him because he clutters forums and doesn't engage in any dialog, which makes it obvious that he's just trying to get hits on his website. Some forums tolerate this, some don't.
    Is there any actual proof that he's doing this?
    Until there is this just seems like a Witch Hunt or something.

Solve's threads are annoying and pointless, but not any more than RW's What the Scarecrow Sees(which is one of the most pointless threads on this whole site). So take down Solve's stuff, but you should also take down RW's stuff.

How about the people who post here then link to books that they claim to have written. Are they not just trying to use our conversations to advertise their works elsewhere? Should probably shut them down too.

Karma caster Contributor
    RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN

RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN
    RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN

RRRRRAAAAAWWWWWWW

SHit....Ban him for three days.... if that don't make solve see reason up the stakes then.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Karma caster Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fut004 View Post
    Is there any actual proof that he's doing this?
    Until there is this just seems like a Witch Hunt or something.

Solve's threads are annoying and pointless, but not any more than RW's What the Scarecrow Sees(which is one of the most pointless threads on this whole site). So take down Solve's stuff, but you should also take down RW's stuff.

How about the people who post here then link to books that they claim to have written. Are they not just trying to use our conversations to advertise their works elsewhere? Should probably shut them down too.

And dednoes stuff...
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Not if he's more interested in getting hits on his website than "getting the word out." One thing can't be denied: he's been banned all over the internet for this stuff- and this has occurred irrespective of the political views of the moderators and administrators of these forums. They ban him because he clutters forums and doesn't engage in any dialog, which makes it obvious that he's just trying to get hits on his website. Some forums tolerate this, some don't.
    Well yeah, there's that. I dunno, I am just over-thinking like I always do.
    I can't really think of anything else that hasn't been said already.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN

RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN
    RULE BY THE IRON HAND AND BAN

RRRRRAAAAAWWWWWWW

SHit....Ban him for three days.... if that don't make solve see reason up the stakes then.
    lol rule by the iron hand. Almost nothing has happened to him.

As for dedanoe, he actually DOES respond to people who want to talk mathematics and physics with him. Most people don't even bother because they can't distinguish between the bullshit in his posts and the actual math in them, since both are gibberish to most people. But he does respond if you want to take the time to actually understand what he's trying to say.

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member FireAnt's Avatar
    If he is so interested in getting hits for his site then why would he post entire articles? Wouldn't it be better for him to only post a few lines and then have the link to encourage anyone who wants to read more to go to his site? If all the information that people want to read is in his post then that would limit the amount of traffic going to his site due to the posts.
    -Life is a journey, not a destination-
    -The best lies are often those that are mixed with truth-

If he is so interested in getting hits for his site then why would he post entire articles? Wouldn't it be better for him to only post a few lines and then have the link to encourage anyone who wants to read more to go to his site? If all the information that people want to read is in his post then that would limit the amount of traffic going to his site due to the posts.
    Two reasons:

(1) Simply pasting links is a surefire way to get banned for spam.

(2) Copying and pasting half an article is more or less just as easy as copying a pasting a link. You just hold the most and right click. ;)

And the accusation is that what is really going on is there is a group of people who write articles for the website or something, rather than one person.

But it's true that no one really knows, which is why I will just go by what the rules say until there is solid evidence of spam.

Thread Information