Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ignore Spirts? Why?

Radioactive Serious Member Bearclaw's Avatar

Ignore Spirts? Why?

Disable These Ads!
    Yep Spirits in many forms are as real as your hand in front of your face.

We wonder why many folks choose to say: "Ignore them." Or even, "No way Josez."

Even your precious pets that were cherished by family members and then
    pass over to the " other side of the lake", enjoy hanging around their family
    forever.
    We like to dish out some tasty food and put it in a nice dish for the 2legged
    spirits.
    As for dead, but still loved pets, a nice bowl of dog/cat kibble and fresh water
    is enjoyed by them too. Even that nice old Horse, Big Boy, likes his hay
    in the barn with the rest of the alive cousins he used to run and play with long ago.
    Yeah, no big deal. Just part of the whole universal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
    I think you mean José.

forever.
    spirits.
    2-Legged pets? A lot of birds I assume.

As for dead, but still loved pets, a nice bowl of dog/cat kibble and fresh water
    in the barn with the rest of the alive cousins he used to run and play with long ago.
    Even if I believe that Spirits are 100% real, and I believe that they stick around with the people they loved during there life; there's no way that I can believe that Spirits (you know, those non-corporeal beings) would either be interesting in food, or possess the capability to actually ingest substantial food.

I have a feeling that you've been watching too much Ghostbusters my friend.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

i rule, u serve dinner tahn1000's Avatar
    it's not a matter of being capable of digesting the food. they can still smell it, and it's a nice gesture. i can't say i've done it more than rarely, but i know it was appreciated.
    "your god is not mine (john 8:37-40)"
    knowledge is wasted on the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by tahn1000 View Post
    it's not a matter of being capable of digesting the food. they can still smell it, and it's a nice gesture. i can't say i've done it more than rarely, but i know it was appreciated.
    You must love the internet. It's a place that allows you to say whatever pops into your head without the need for pesky things like, supportive evidence. logic, common sense... and so forth.

The problem with your comment is that there's no conclusive evidence to show that Ghosts are actually real, but that's not even where the problem is. See, the ability to smell things comes from our physical bodies (Wiki - Olfation), so without a physical form there's absolutely no way for a being to "smell" things.

Thanks for proving that you're just making shit up as you go along though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fut004 View Post
    You must love the internet. It's a place that allows you to say whatever pops into your head without the need for pesky things like, supportive evidence. logic, common sense... and so forth.

The problem with your comment is that there's no conclusive evidence to show that Ghosts are actually real, but that's not even where the problem is. See, the ability to smell things comes from our physical bodies (Wiki - Olfation), so without a physical form there's absolutely no way for a being to "smell" things.

A lot of it goes back to appeasing the fairies/gods/things that go bump in the night. It is an offering so they will leave you alone.
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    A lot of it goes back to appeasing the fairies/gods/things that go bump in the night. It is an offering so they will leave you alone.
    That's something that's logical, Folklore. Nothing more.

and how the hell does someone get "supprotive evidence" for the existence of ghosts. and they can also "taste", as in run a part of themselves through the food, or whatever. and it may be just a triggered memory from when they were actually alive, or it may not. personally i think they are capable of sensation.

Oh, well if you think that, then alright thats fine, why would you think that? Spoken to many spirits have you?

Radioactive Serious Member Bearclaw's Avatar

Ok

Hey there Fut004,
    Interesting words you chose to share. Our family thoroughly enjoyed it.

Typos and mistakes in general are ok.(that name hozay). It reminds us we are human and all can/do make errors.

Anyway, no we don't watch TV, or the shows you insinuated we watch.

Our people and Our ancestors observe this custom we shared today in a good way. We were taught this by Elders who also were taught. On and on, for hundreds of years. It is not odd-oggish, or bizarre.
    Just a spiritual gesture that is on the same plane as a lot of spiritual folks in
    Asian countries, and India acknowledge. Nuthin out of the ordinary.

Oh, and as for the little dark gnomes, we like to humor them and send
    them off to pester someone that deserves their company.

Glad you shared your input.

Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    In the spirit world, you can sense the environment around you through others. Everything has it's own taste, smell, texture, etc.

Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

I had an astral experience once where I found myself in an old neighbors kitchen (from my childhood, I was an adult when this happened and had moved far away, don't know what took me there) and noticed an open can of cat food on the counter. For some reason, I decided to taste it, and it was horrible. I "came to" and believe it or not, my mouth still had a strong taste of cat food in it! And, I could smell it!

I know, it sounds incredible, and I have no way to prove it. I don't blame people for not believing me. I've wondered myself if it was all a mind thing that was just so strong somehow it transferred to my physical senses, or if there is some other more "logical" explanation.

As for leaving food out for the departed- I still set a plate of food, complete with silver and something to drink, on the table overnight for Samhain, for ancestors who might be "crossing the veil" to come visit. Whether or not they can taste it doesn't matter to me, it's the thought that counts, it's symbolic.

As for spirits, ever since I had my first child we've had a spirit with us, sometimes more than one, but the one in particular I am thinking of is an older woman who feels like an aunt. She has given me messages before, such as, years after the first child was born and I had another newborn, one night she kept annoying me all night by waking me up, but I was very tired so I ignored it. It took being awakened several times before I realized it was her, so I basically said, go away.

I had a mattress on the floor in the living room because my then-husband worked a midnight shift and I was afraid to sleep in the bedroom, plus the living room was closer to my daughter.

Anyway, after I realized it was her and became annoyed with being constantly awakened, I again managed to drift back to sleep. Next thing I know, I felt it- a strong, resounding KICK on the mattress, in no uncertain terms! I sat up, heart racing because I'd never had anything like that occur before. I realized she was trying to tell me something, but I did not know what. I decided it wouldn't hurt to check the windows and doors, and I saw the back door was unlocked, so I locked it. Feeling spooked (pun intended) I left the kitchen light on just because. After that, I was able to go back to sleep.

So, the next morning my husband is home and after cooking breakfast, I opened the back door to take out the trash, and saw the screen on the screen door had been cut! Later that day, I learned several homes in the neighborhood had been broken into that night. No lie. !!!

So yeah, how could I ever prove that? Yet I know it occurred.
    Last edited by Nu Kua; Jan 22nd, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Oh, well if you think that, then alright thats fine, why would you think that? Spoken to many spirits have you?
    there have been ghosts around me all my life. they come and go all the time. to me there's nothing "supernatural" about them at all. it's an everyday occurrence.

Young children are their parents' internet. I've heard the same question asked by various kids thru-the-years... Do ghosts go-to-the-bathroom?
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

Exiled from AO
    The problem with your comment is that there's no conclusive evidence to show that Ghosts are actually real...
    On the contrary. I call on the fact that ghosts have been reported by every single human population in recorded history. There is no human population, no matter how far removed from the others, that does not recognize the presence of ghosts.

And, across all the long millennia that we've been seeing (and hearing, and feeling) ghosts, the reports are all very similar. The similarity of ghost reports remains constant even across cultural boundaries... For example, the accounts of ghostly apparitions are all amazingly similar, whether reported by natives deep in the fucking Congo or by very sophisticated Westerners in an urban environment.

The fact that ghosts exist is not the problem. The problem is that Science isn't smart enough to explain them. And that's a scientific problem.

To say that ghosts don't exist because Science can't pin them down is like saying the whole range of animal species newly discovered every year didn't exist before Science captured a few specimens and gave them names.

Which is absurd and arrogant on the part of our decidedly narrow-minded Scientific community.

So, yeah, I'll accept the word of millions and millions of human observers down through history before I'll accept the opinions of a handful of incapable scientists.

— Doc Velocity

by that reasoning UFOs are real, too.

..... scary thoughts.

Exiled from AO
    by that reasoning UFOs are real, too.

..... scary thoughts.
    UFOs, by definition, are real. The term UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, which is anything flying around in the sky that we can't identify. The fact that they aren't identified doesn't invalidate their existence.

What is unproven about UFOs is their extraterrestrial connection. I've seen three or four of the motherfuckers myself, and I know they weren't conventional aircraft, but I never jumped to the conclusion that they were extraterrestrial, either.

UFOs certainly exist, and a good number of them are recognized as anomalous entities by virtually every military installation on Earth, as well as by the governing bodies of global air traffic. The expression "Do you wish to report a UFO?" is a common one asked by air traffic controllers worldwide.

Many commercial and military aircraft pilots — arguably the most well-trained observers in the world — have filed official UFO sightings. Many of those optical sightings are accompanied by official radar sightings, as well.

To say UFOs "aren't real" is an ignorant statement exposing one's narrow-mindedness and poor education on the subject. But to suggest they are extraterrestrial entities based on optical and radar observation alone is, likewise, the height of stupidity.

— Doc Velocity
    Last edited by Doc Velocity; Jan 22nd, 2011 at 10:32 AM.

There is indeed no solid or hard evidence ghosts exist. Period, end of story.

But there is immeasurable anecdotal and corroborative evidence to their existence. As Doc mentioned above there have always been reports of ghosts. Sure this could be considered part of our fear of death and a need for there to be something more to our existence.

If ghosts stories and reports were simply made up then you would expect them to follow the population in an even fashion. But back in the day someone plotted and shared an extensive map of ghost sightings in the US and parts of Europe. In Europe you saw that the older the region the more reports and sightings, not by larger populations as you would think (more people more stories). In the US it was even more noticeable. The farther from the East coast you got there were less sightings and there were no obvious links to populated areas. The sightings rose by the age of an area not by it's population again and you could see this is sub groups by state. Nevada was a good example. Smaller towns like Elko, Carson and Virginia City had historically more sightings than Reno or Las Vegas. Not exactly hard evidence but it made sense. The older the area the more things happened, the more people lived and died there.

There was no telling what the author used as reference material and how he eliminated false reports from real if at all but I was able to verify a lot of the stories they actually referenced.

The issue with ghosts is much like the UFO scenario. What they are is more important than if they are. To state as fact they are self aware spiritual remnants or human beings is just as ignorant as stating UFOs are in fact alien spacecraft. They could be any number of things or a little of all of them but no proof exists to them being any certain thing. Being as there is no set standard for considering evidence there is simply too much crap being taken as proof.
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Exiled from AO
    Now you're starting to sound like me, which means we're cycling on a common frequency as pertains UFOs, ghosties, and those other paranormal (quantum) curiosities.

— Doc Velocity

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Velocity View Post
    Now you're starting to sound like me, which means we're cycling on a common frequency as pertains UFOs, ghosties, and those other paranormal (quantum) curiosities.

— Doc Velocity

LOL. I have always believed this was. I have said many times here there is a huge difference between people who want to know and people who want to believe.

A good example is an investigation we did in the remnants of the Yellow Jacket mine that was reported to be haunted by miners who died in the fire. All night was pretty much a bust and around 4 am we heard an audible moaning that we caught on tape. While trying to track it we all saw an orange glow coming from deeper in the mine, behind a barrier we couldn't get through. We did know that there was no reported entrance or exit on that end. Cool but not really any evidence of the paranormal. Later when we got together to discuss the investigation a few of the people started talking about the "ghost" we saw. Ghost? What freaking ghost? One even claimed he saw the shape of a man when he actually never got close enough to see anything before it was gone. Needless to say none of those people were invited back. Why bring someone who drags their feet in already muddy water?

I wish I still had that map I mentioned but alas it died on the Cyrix x86 computer it was stored on. Maybe somebody will start a google maps project to the same end.

and how the hell does someone get "supprotive evidence" for the existence of ghosts. and they can also "taste", as in run a part of themselves through the food, or whatever. and it may be just a triggered memory from when they were actually alive, or it may not. personally i think they are capable of sensation.
    Yeah, okay. The process of tasting and smelling actually requires physical parts of our anatomy. So do you care to go about explaining how something can function as though it had a physical form when it clearly doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Velocity View Post
    On the contrary. I call on the fact that ghosts have been reported by every single human population in recorded history. There is no human population, no matter how far removed from the others, that does not recognize the presence of ghosts.
    I guess that means that all the different Gods from all the different human cultures on Earth are real too, right? I mean, they all wrote or spoke about them, and our Scientests can't prove they don't exist, so they have to be real. That's good logic.

A good example is an investigation we did in the remnants of the Yellow Jacket mine that was reported to be haunted by miners who died in the fire. All night was pretty much a bust and around 4 am we heard an audible moaning that we caught on tape. While trying to track it we all saw an orange glow coming from deeper in the mine, behind a barrier we couldn't get through. We did know that there was no reported entrance or exit on that end. Cool but not really any evidence of the paranormal. Later when we got together to discuss the investigation a few of the people started talking about the "ghost" we saw. Ghost? What freaking ghost? One even claimed he saw the shape of a man when he actually never got close enough to see anything before it was gone. Needless to say none of those people were invited back. Why bring someone who drags their feet in already muddy water?
    .... great way to "investigate" something. just drive off anyone whose version of events contradicts the desired outcome.

.... great way to "investigate" something. just drive off anyone whose version of events contradicts the desired outcome.
    You really have comprehension problems don't you?

I think what Rabid was trying to say is that these people were making shit up that was loosly based on events that they had all witnesses. People who make shit up while investigating are extremely counter-productive, so they weren't invited back.

I think what Rabid was trying to say is that these people were making shit up that was loosly based on events that they had all witnesses. People who make shit up while investigating are extremely counter-productive, so they weren't invited back.
    Exactly. Tahn doesn't appear to be able to grasp that made up crap and exaggeration is not investigating nor evidence, it is story telling. No one saw a ghost. We couldn;t even get close enough to see the source and as I said the guy who claimed to see a form wasn't even close enough to have seen the light properly. An unreliable witness is no witness and aythig they present is tainted because of it.

Just as she mentioned "Communion" before and when I pointed out that the author himself does not claim it to be an account of an alien abduction nor does he believe to be and even admits it all may only exist in his mind, she defends it is a real alien abduction. A textbook example of wanting believe rather than know at the expense of the truth.

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member CandyGirl's Avatar
    Yep Spirits in many forms are as real as your hand in front of your face.

forever.
    spirits.
    Yeah, no big deal. Just part of the whole universal activity.

iv always wondered what it would be like to see a ghost? when i was younger i thought i saw something go through the wall and it scared the life outta me lol but iv not seen anything since, but when my dad died i knew he had, which was weird

Exactly. Tahn doesn't appear to be able to grasp that made up crap and exaggeration is not investigating nor evidence, it is story telling. No one saw a ghost. We couldn;t even get close enough to see the source and as I said the guy who claimed to see a form wasn't even close enough to have seen the light properly. An unreliable witness is no witness and aythig they present is tainted because of it.

Just as she mentioned "Communion" before and when I pointed out that the author himself does not claim it to be an account of an alien abduction nor does he believe to be and even admits it all may only exist in his mind, she defends it is a real alien abduction. A textbook example of wanting believe rather than know at the expense of the truth.
    and yet rabid clearly states that these people were ON HIS TEAM, and that when events were discussed AS A GROUP, that their testimony was NOT ONLY IGNORED AND DENIED, BUT THEY WERE TOLD TO LEAVE.

it was automatically assumed that they "made it up" because they told of witnessing something that the rest didn't. rabid and his mob weren't investigating anything. they went there with the INTENTION of proving a pre-determined decision.

you can correct me if i'm wrong, rabid.

Thread Information