Page 1 of 83 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazarus Died, was brought BACK TO LIFE, by Jesus, where is he now

Lazarus Died, was brought BACK TO LIFE, by Jesus, where is he now

Disable These Ads!
    lazarus
    LAZAR = Lazar ([-z-], Russ. Лазарь, Serb. Лазар)
    is a male given name or a surname.
    This abbreviated form of Lazarus is especially common in various Slavic languages, and goes back to the Hebrew name אֶלְעָזָר (Elʿazar), which means "God has helped".

''GOD HAS HELPED''
    We know the drama associated with the ''rising of Lazarus''.
    We know Jesus said ''Lazarus Come Forth'' and after 4 days, Lazarus liveth.
    We also know that, he went back to his home and ate etc. So he was not an apparition.

So` now here is the question to have an open mind upon.

WHERE IS LAZARUS?

1] the bible says ''it is appointed once for a man to die'' that is how it is written, but i have also read the words are not quite right for it should read ''it is once appointed, for man to die.''

Lazarus was sick and died and was resurrected by Messiah - he paid the final price meaning HE DIED ONCE.

so where is Lazarus? if this man is remaining where is he?
    if some say he died again - then that verse is not correct.

question
    is there another realm here, where some go, who have never died, we just cannot ''see'' them with our eye sight.
    ************************************************** **IT is 2 yrs today,[11/1/2013ad]
    since i began this thread - looking back to ''see'' where i have changed - by coming out from a carnal mentality and flawed choices - into gaining the Mind of Christ - into true freedom and unlimitedness.
    Last edited by LucySmith; Jan 11th, 2013 at 7:11 PM.

Don't get comfortable. Contributor Goldmoon's Avatar
    He died eventually just like we all do.

Someone can be cured of cancer, but eventually, there will come a time when they will have to face death.

People die on the operating table, then are brought back. But does that stop them from really dying at a later date?

"He who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved."

yes, i think most people would agree here with you on this.
    He was not re-sustated so to speak like those you mentioned are.
    He was dead for 4 days to the point ''HE STINKETH''
    no, i dont think that is the answer we seek.

however that means he died again- twice.
    is that biblical?

Lazarus was ''cured'' of death, he had paid his dues as a sinner.
    also.
    can we consider
    all those people who were raised from their graves when Jesus was crucified, walked the streets alive from the dead. ''they came out from their graves'' we are told.

where are they?

something to think about,.
    infact i really dont think we understand 1/2 of the bible message.

Iam puppy, hear me yap. Contributor lycanox's Avatar
    Actually he started his own forum. And only visits here rarely.
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/139/8/a/logo_by_lycanox.png

One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Quote Originally Posted by lycanox View Post
    Actually he started his own forum. And only visits here rarely.
    Damn Lyco....you made me laugh....!!

Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    He is in the interim between the death and the full resurrected body, 30 days.
    Last edited by UVsaturated; Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:43 PM.

Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LucySmith View Post
    Lazarus was sick and died and was resurrected by Messiah
    That's x-tians claim, but it doesn't mean it's true.

Regardless, it shows how immoral Jesus really was.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningishiddza View Post
    That's x-tians claim, but it doesn't mean it's true.

Regardless, it shows how immoral Jesus really was.
    Historians say Doc Holiday was buried in Colorado, but no one knows for sure of that either. Which is easier to believe. Doc Holiday being buried somewhere in the mountains of Colorado or Lazarus rising from the dead?

Where is the one buried and where is the proof that the other was not resurrected. They both are held in common true, yet their is no proof for either one.

Look this info up if you don't believe me. Or better yet, who is in the tomb of the unknown soldiers in Arlington cemetery?

Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

No, Goldmoon is right.

Our bodies return to dust from what it was made. No matter if we are raised from the dead, our bodies will die eventually

Ecc 12:6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.
    Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Ecc 3:18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
    Ecc 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
    Ecc 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

Psa 104:29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
    The only time that our bodies will be made incorruptible is here, when we will be changed in a twinkling of an eye…not bit by bit. We will not become incorruptible while on this earth. Sorry it just isn’t going to happen.

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
    1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
    1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
    1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
    1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
    1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
    1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
    1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
    1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
    1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
    1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
    1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
    1Co 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1Co 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
    Death’s sting is felt for those who die not being washed by the blood of Jesus who died in our stead. It has nothing to do with the physical death that ALL must face.
    Neither do men put new wine into old bottles

Quote Originally Posted by New Wine View Post
    The only time that our bodies will be made incorruptible is here, when we will be changed in a twinkling of an eye…not bit by bit. We will not become incorruptible while on this earth. Sorry it just isn’t going to happen.
    You just contradicted yourself by quoting Corinthians.

It says, it is a mystery but in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye the dead shall be resurrected to life incorruptible. A moment is a short span of time, bit by bit.

Are you not able to read the scripture in front of you now?

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Your problem is, you have not seen the world through the spiritual eye so you have nothing to compare your life to. When you are dead, you don't know what life really is unless you have been changed to the incorruptible, for which you haven't done so yet.

This is the problem for those who have not crossed over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by UV
    This is the problem for those who have not crossed over yet.
    This is where you are dead wrong. I have crossed over to where you are right now just entering. I have been to the end of where you are going, and it is hell getting back to sanity.

Just remember at the end of the road you are on, while you realize what has gotten a hold of you...the only one that is able to free you from it is The Only Begotten Son of God, Jesus who died for our sins. His is the only name that is above the things that you are going to encounter if you continue on this road.

Man do I ever wish that we didn't have to learn the hard way with certain things. This one would be at the top of the list.
    Neither do men put new wine into old bottles

I personally do not believe Lazarus RE-DIED so to speak.
    I do know none have an explanation and so people suggest - he died again, he was not really dead anyways, etc etc. According to the bible a person DIES ONCE, they dont come back to die again, they are not revived because if this was so, they were not dead in the first place. We are talking about a MEGA MYSTERY here and not one person can tell us.

Looking to Jesus we do find perhaps a SOLUTION to my question.
    When The Pharisees were out to KILL JESUS, it is recorded ''HE DISAPPEARED from their midst''. Therefore Jesus was able to switch on [visible] and then switch off [become invisible].

ok Lararus was Jesus friend whom He loved.
    therefore would it be possible for Jesus to tell Lazarus HOW TO SWITCH.

by switch i mean to go ''up higher'' into the invisible spiritual realm.

there is NO way living Lazarus re-died, if the bible tells the truth.

now, to add to this ''mystery'' if we go through the OT we find heaps of OT Heros who lived and died, it has been recorded.
    BUT NOT FOR CALEB [OF Joshua and Caleb fame]
    there is no bible death certificate for this HERO, WHO KNEW HOW TO CROSS INTO THE PROMISED LAND.
    also Apostle Paul says '' we who are alive and REMAIN'' and this word REMAIN IS PRESENT TENSE.
    Paul was speaking this word ''remain'' as a PRESENT TENSE activity.
    SO! HOW MANY REMAIN?
    how interesting the bible is when we are especially told TO SEEK THE TRUTH.

those who dont seek shall not find it.

It's a good question Lucy.

Obviously it doesn't mean what it says.... it doesn't mean that it's impossible to die twice. Happens every now and again.

So since it isn't literal, it obviously means something else.

Not only Lazarus, but there were others who were raised from the dead-- the little girl Tabitha (Dorcas), the widow's son, Jairus' daughter, the guy who fell from the window, etc.

Long before Jesus, we have the story of Elijah and a widow's son who was raised, and also of Elisha and the son of a Shunamite woman, along with a man who came back to life when his dead body came in contact with Elisha's dead bones in a grave. --And yet of Jesus it is said that He was the firstborn from among the dead.

Must be talking about something else, eh?

How about instead of "once to die" (and then the judgment) you consider the concept that will hold true whether you die once, twice, or more.

The principle is-- Once you die, there is a judgment.

ummm.

it is certainly interesting question.
    another one, is Does Apostle John remain?
    I did a study and found out heaps of revelation of John the Divine.
    also
    In the Book of Enoch somewhere, a whole city was converted by Enoch and became ''was not''.

seeking out the truth is an interesting experiences.

we have the ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND, by the Holy Spirit enlightments.
    We just have to discern.

I have been ''approached'' by strange people i did not know it at the time but after i thought ''wow that's freaky''. I sensed it after not before.

ummm some more thinking Ezra?

how was Lazarus ''judged'' after he died?
    he was away in death land for 4days and came out without a rotting smell associated with a corpse. Why didn't he sink? i dont know how long it takes to ''stink'' for a corpse.
    Martha the sister seemed to know. 4days - stinking.
    did Lazarus loose the stink or did Lazarus not have decomposition?

Jesus did not rot in the grave either.
    He was KEPT from rotting.

very interesting.

some may well think this is weird and frivilous thought but to me it is utterly fasinating.
    why?
    because our Messiah, our High Priest is the KING OF IMPERISHIBLE life.

how good is that?

Exiled from AO
    I'm always amused with these logical ponderings upon the activities of God and Jesus Christ.

That is, we keep seeing these threads that try to nail down Jesus (pun intended) with logical gymnastics. "If Jesus did or said THIS, then WHY did so-and-so happen or not happen later?"

Or "How can there be a God who would allow THIS cruel shit to happen??"

It says in the Bible that there is NO WAY for humans to comprehend the thoughts or actions of God. God's thoughts are not the thoughts of Man, and God's ways are not the ways of Man, right?

It even says that no Man may look upon the face of God and live, which I take to mean that our sensory receptors would be overloaded and we'd flatline if we tried to comprehend the true nature of God.

To me, that makes sense, in a way. Like a single-celled paramecium attempting to comprehend the true nature of humanity. The effort would just burn out its tiny circuitry.

These hypothetical musings on the logical limits of God and Christ are the same thing — like parameciums trying to bring humanity down to the comprehension level of a single-celled organism.

It simply aint happening.

God is not some jaded old man sitting on a throne somewhere, being outfoxed by these oh-so-clever "critical thinkers" on Earth, you see? I mean, come up with the most elaborate IF/THEN scenario you want, the most diabolical logic trap you can formulate, and the answer is always going to be infuriatingly simple...

That aint the way God rolls.

God and the infinite thought processes of God leave human logic dangling like a flaccid penis in the wind. Human logic is not the be-all and end-all in this Universe. In fact, human logic only exists between the ears of an insignificant species of ape residing on a relatively insignificant rock orbiting an unremarkable sun in an unremarkable galaxy among billions of galaxies and who knows what else.

God does not have to answer to human logic, okay? It's my opinion that God probably doesn't even know we exist, and it's Life's ultimate mission to produce an entity capable of FINDING God and letting him know we're down here.

I think Jesus was such an entity, perhaps one of those rare individuals who actually make a connection with the Creator force in this universe.

Once he made that connection, his actions and thoughts would have become almost as incomprehensible as God's own thoughts and actions, I think.

I mean, we read in certain books that were omitted from the Bible that Jesus of Nazareth was a pretty obnoxious child, an arrogant little fuck, who actually killed another child using his divine power. Then resurrected that child a few moments later.

Now, this makes sense to me. I mean, if you are born God in the flesh, you might have one or two OOPS moments, don't you think, wherein you accidentally kill somebody or level a mountain range or switch off the Sun for a moment?

What does God do when he fucks up? Instantaneously repair the damage and apologize? Back-up Time by a few seconds and pretend nothing happened (in which case we never know that God fucked up)?

Whatever God does when he screws up, he's not obligated to explain it to a species of primitive organisms on a remote planet in a remote galaxy, is he? Not if he's the actual Creator of Space/Time and everything else.

We can play our amusing little human mindgames, try to back God and Jesus into a corner with Human Logic, but we're never going to fully comprehend God or Christ, so whatever answer they provide will be unintelligible to us.

You think Lazarus still walks the Earth because there was no epilogue to the story? Well, the answer is probably something like 42, which makes perfect sense to God, but leaves us gaping in bewilderment.

— Doc Velocity

there is a whole lot of people who did not die or who were raised up from the dead in the OT and NT.
    The carnalminded man does not understand the bible but under the anointing of the Spirit we can seek out the truth. The truth happens to seekers.

i do appreciate your opinion, but i would love to understand this mystery a whole lot better than i do.

Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor weederbro's Avatar
    If we assume the verse that says he died again to be true, the only way to reconcile the story is to conclude that his having been raised from death and decay, was later transformed by Yah into his 'new' body' just as he said He would transform saved believers.

This makes us elohim I believe, among whom are angels. I don't believe though that we will be made angels, but I think it is written that we will be like Yeshua.
    So, all this being accurate , I would have to go with Lucy's conclusion.
    Just as Yeshua could appear and disappear, just like angels, Laz is likewise with Enoch perhaps and others who were 'taken'.
    Last edited by weederbro; Jan 12th, 2011 at 2:46 AM. Reason: clarified the phraseing
    'A faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth any regrets'.-Arthur C. Clarke.

'Time wounds all heels'-John Lennon.

that's Good thought, Weedbro i like that.

''seeking we shall find'.
    '
    As Jesus was standing there that day, the NT says ''He wept'' [the shortest verse in the bible], and called out in a loud voice '' Lazarus come forth,''.

So, do you think that this loud cry and Messiah's weeping WAS all for ''SWALLOWING UP DEATH''. [divine intercession]

Jesus was taking death into His own body for His friend.
    Does Jesus swallow up death/grave/corruption in His friends?
    we are asked to ''put off corruption'' here

Then He tells others ''take off his grave clothes ''.
    notice here= these UN-NAMED others took off these clothes [linen grave dressings] but not Jesus.
    in that statement there is even ''a mystery'' i believe.

this could well be a 2 fold application.
    1] these 'others'' who take off the death linen strips are Believers who seek the truth so much so, THE REALITY of the Kingdom IS REVEALED TO THEM and they preach on how ''death /the grave'' is swallowed up, upon our entering into the GIFT of ETERNAL LIFE.

2] Jesus could not touch, the dead - it was considered unclean.
    Jesus cannot touch unbelievers for they remain dead in sins.

[ummm pondering only.]

all this whole drama was done to show forth THE FATHER'S GLORY, Jesus said.

so, here is a consideration.

what if some believers actually become spiritually strong like Jesus, ''who waxed strong in the Spirit'' so their carnal man [death thinking ] had ceased to function.
    Satan had no power to hold them any more.
    So` these Believers became conformed as the Image of Christ and right down though each generation some have ''won the race'' and received the HIGH CALLING and become as Christ is. A living Sacrifice the temple of the Holy Spirit completed and matured.

these believers, can enter into and pass out from divine and earthy realms.
    I do believe this is a strong possibility. THEY HAVE MASTERED their ''wilderness experiences'' and pass through their tests, all because they submitted to the POWER OF HIS WORKMANSHIP upon them. Each generation has a few who are fully matured so they become His Zion, a living stone in the temple of God.

Good post Lucy. Being 'taken' though is very rare.
    I don't think it's attainable by being spiritualy minded rather than being carnal.

Even when one is very close to being MORE spiritually guided than usual, there is usually a momentary lapse occurs due to anger or something.
    Which reminds us to humbly reach out to Him, and be saved by grace despite the lapses.
    'A faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth any regrets'.-Arthur C. Clarke.

i rule, u serve dinner tahn1000's Avatar
    being "taken" is exactly what happened. and rising from the dead - IT'S CALLED CLONING, PEOPLE.
    "your god is not mine (john 8:37-40)"
    knowledge is wasted on the ignorant

yes Weed i do agree here, being taken but able to go back and forth, in and out when it need arises. [invisible then visible]

An eternal ministry.
    WeedBro, the church is not eternal but dies.
    But the High Priest of Melchedezek Order is living and alive forevermore.
    The Head Must have a body of the same kind.

.Weedbro you wrote ''being taken is very rare''

yes indeed NOTICE = few find eternal life.

i.e. Apostle John WROTE [in revelation] the No. 144,000 overcomers. I dont think John would write ''as a symbol'' here, not when it says HE HEARD THE NUMBER.

SO, is the whole number of people [the believing few] who did attain spiritual maturity [as HIS WORKMANSHIP] by discovering that '' they were made willing in the day of His power'' [Ps 110 v 1-4] so this would mean only a very few believers would be ''taken'' from each generation to reach the ''finishing line'' which i do believe it here on earth = meaning satan no longer controlled their thinking, hence the divine advice of ''put on the Mind of Christ''.

Now Weed, did you see that these few ''had been MADE WILLING'' in the day of His power. Even these few cannot boast of anything at all.
    Somehow they were already choosen for this eternal Ministry as His friends.

now let us go one step further.

If the few WERE JESUS FRIENDS, they were His friends in their PRE-EXISTANCE too.
    it is recorded in the NT, that John THE apostle and Lazarus, were LOVED by Jesus as friends.
    No death notice is recorded of John the divine and Lazarus dies and his death is then swallowed up by Christ.
    2 friends

therefore may i conclude, this consideration by saying = that the ''MADE WILLING, WERE ALREADY pre-existing Friends of the Bridegroom within the real world of the kingdom of God.

they were all Lowered [at different times/ages/centuries]unwilling into vanity to pass through Vanity as an ''experience'' of ''who would obey the KING the best.''

friends indeed.
    were those in most need of A KING.

Yes, it's always about the remnant.
    Noah probably had the least successful ministry in history lol :) (not that 7 people aren't very precious).
    What an important minority!

I seem to recall that the 144,000 are from the tribes of Israel, and then there's the crowd of the 'grafted in' (the saved).

Quote Originally Posted by New Wine View Post
    Just remember at the end of the road you are on, while you realize what has gotten a hold of you...the only one that is able to free you from it is The Only Begotten Son of God, Jesus who died for our sins. His is the only name that is above the things that you are going to encounter if you continue on this road.

Man do I ever wish that we didn't have to learn the hard way with certain things. This one would be at the top of the list.
    Thanks for judging me. You have no idea what road I am on. Sorry about your own experiences but you aren't in my shoes pal.

Quote Originally Posted by weederbro View Post
    Good post Lucy. Being 'taken' though is very rare.
    I don't think it's attainable by being spiritualy minded rather than being carnal.

It's attainable through pure unadulterated faith Bro. You have to believe above all that is important in your life. That is walking with the true Christ. Give up everything in this life because it all passes away then you WILL have everything. This is true. I have been given the world, in which I don't need because I gave it up. I now have everything even though I own nothing.

Thread Information