View Poll Results: What do you believe the intentions of alien visitors would be?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • They would have peaceful intentions

6 12.00%
  • They would have neutral intentions

14 28.00%
  • They would be hostile

17 34.00%
  • Other. Please explain

13 26.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Aliens: Peaceful, Neutral, Hostile?

Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Disable These Ads!
    I seriously hope they're not hostile! Independance day springs to mind oh and War of the Worlds.....oh dear!

I don't really go for that possibility though. I think that our Nuclear Technology is enough of an advancement to show the visitors that we're more than just monkeys, that we're capable of being dangerous.

Or perhaps something more than just Nukes?

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je7-eT7fFyg" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je7-eT7fFyg"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je7-eT7fFyg" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The You tube inbedding did not work, its the clip of the spec of light that approaches the orbit of the earth, a flash happens and what looks like a fast shooting light that appears to come from Eart, like some weapon, then spec of light zooms off the opposite direction to which its flying

All Kinds of possiblities and assumptions (Aliens want to attack us according to the book, "day after roswell", hence the star wars project) Or Aliens are already here and taken over and working with our leaders, and good aliens want to help us but bad aliens and humans want to keep them away, ect ect ect.

Or it could just be something else that is nothing to do with UFO'S.

Its a minefield of speculation.

there is NOTHING neutral-friendly about the man-cow or man-goat or man-sheep animals that are being found in the wombs of farm animals. there is NOTHING neutral-friendly about women being impregnated to grow half-breeds and clone slaves. there is NOTHING neutral-friendly about them abducting "subjects" for any reason. and there is NOTHING neutral-friendly about them syphoning off lake water whenever they are inclined to. there is also NOTHING neutral-friendly about them abducting victims, pumping them full of LSD type drugs and draining the pituitary secretions that get pumped out as a result.

lol well I dont know about half cow-man but yes accounts of hybrid alien-human experiments that are out there, and obviously tales of animal mutilations.

Mike Freebury, a member of the Animal Pathology Field Unit, has investigated the mystery of 'cattle mutilations' for a number of years.

The phenomenon, first reported in America in the 1970s, involves the unexplained deaths of rural animals.

The bodies are often discovered with missing limbs and organs, removed with surgical precision.

Mike says that the illegal attacks are also happening in Britain - and UFOs are responsible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/blackcou...00/8718028.stm

These type of things could also just be our goverments wanting us to believe its the bad aliens at work which could be for a number of reasons.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix.

Exiled from AO
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    Wtf is a Cajun Canadian? I'm sorry but that makes no sense. Although this guy is in the same group that believes America won WWII in Europe.
    GG, I'll explain this to you once, but I don't expect it to stick.

"Cajun" is slang for Acadian... The Acadians originated in Canada, they were French-Indian hybrids; although, it's more likely that a French fur trapper got horny, fucked a goat or a dog or something, and the resulting hybrid was an Acadian.

The Acadians migrated down the Mississippi River from Wisconsin to Louisiana. So, they originated in Canada, and migrated to Louisiana. Understand?

Not suggesting anything, but the Acadians also settled in Maine.

Go read Evangeline if you get a chance.

I wouldn't expect a fucking moronic Cajun Canuck such as Fut004 to know his own history, anyway.

— Doc Velocity
    Last edited by Doc Velocity; Jan 29th, 2011 at 12:50 AM.

It is also interesting to note that the earth has started to wobble in its orbit. This wobble is starting to become quite noticeable and satellites have been set in orbit to monitor it. For the scriptures to mention that the earth starts to wobble until it rocks to and fro like a drunkard is to give a clue as to the time frame when these events are to occur.
    Care to back this statement up Trav?

How big is the wobble? Over what time span?

links?

You should consider the possibility that other Earth-like Planets are not like Earth. They may have only one continent, and not seven. The implication of that is that there is only one race or ethnic group. The implication of that is that they have one language and culture. And the implication of that is that they are free of the impediments that restrict us here on Earth

I quite agree that just because any life out there should be within the goldylox zone and Earth like but perhaps not exactly the same rules as Earth but as for the communication and different culture ect ect, Maths or Music should be a good way of communicating no matter what language we all speak.
    Last edited by bluenose_ian; Jan 29th, 2011 at 2:49 PM.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenose_ian View Post
    Care to back this statement up Trav?
    LOL you really expect an answer?
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Exiled from AO
    It is also interesting to note that the earth has started to wobble in its orbit. This wobble is starting to become quite noticeable and satellites have been set in orbit to monitor it. For the scriptures to mention that the earth starts to wobble until it rocks to and fro like a drunkard is to give a clue as to the time frame when these events are to occur.
    Are you saying "wobble in its orbit of the Sun"? As in, departing from the ecliptic plane?

Wow. I haven't heard that one. That would require some truly cataclysmic interference...Like, the passage of a rogue planetary body right next to the Earth-Moon system.

Such a gravitational disruption wouldn't just "wobble" us from the ecliptic plane, it would send the Moon into some peculiar gyrations, potentially take the Earth clean out of its orbit of the Sun... and then you're talking about some SERIOUS climate change.

When did an Earth-size rogue planetary body approach us recently? Like, within the last million years? Because the Earth doesn't just spontaneously "wobble" in its orbit.

— Doc Velocity

If objects are not perfectly symmetrical around their rotation axis, they naturally wobble around their rotation axis. The Earth, which is not perfectly spherical, wobbles observably. Even movements of weather systems modify the wobbles.
    Forces from outside can affect the rotation of planets.

A rotating object's axis oscillates if a sideways force is applied to it. The Earth's axis precesses over a period of 26,000 years because of the attraction of the Sun and Moon and, to a lesser extent, the planets. Superimposed on the Earth's normal precession is a slow oscillation of the Earth's axial tilt over a period of 41,000 years. Right now the tilt is decreasing. The tropics are moving toward the equator at about 15 meters a year. Actually, it's not the axis that changes in tilt but the plane of the earth's orbit.

Exiled from AO
    Quote Originally Posted by EzraBrooks View Post
    If objects are not perfectly symmetrical around their rotation axis, they naturally wobble around their rotation axis. The Earth, which is not perfectly spherical, wobbles observably.
    Yeah, that much is known. I was responding to that earlier statement — whose statement WAS that? — that the Earth had "just started" wobbling.

No, the Earth is not a sphere, it's more like a deformed pear with four distinct corners, and the thing has been wobbling along in a bi-planetary dance with the Moon since Day One.

In fact, it's the wobble and the tidal forces of the Moon that are responsible for the Earth being habitable.

Take away the wobble, and you'd see climate change and mass extinctions like Hell wouldn't have it.

The Earth would, conceivably, return to a frozen state, a big white snowball.

— Doc Velocity

Quote Originally Posted by EzraBrooks View Post
    If objects are not perfectly symmetrical around their rotation axis, they naturally wobble around their rotation axis. The Earth, which is not perfectly spherical, wobbles observably. Even movements of weather systems modify the wobbles.
    Forces from outside can affect the rotation of planets.

A rotating object's axis oscillates if a sideways force is applied to it. The Earth's axis precesses over a period of 26,000 years because of the attraction of the Sun and Moon and, to a lesser extent, the planets. Superimposed on the Earth's normal precession is a slow oscillation of the Earth's axial tilt over a period of 41,000 years. Right now the tilt is decreasing. The tropics are moving toward the equator at about 15 meters a year. Actually, it's not the axis that changes in tilt but the plane of the earth's orbit.

No shit.

The 25,000 year wobble is known as procession, blah blah blah, then we have smaller wobbles over small time frames plus its a little more complex than just the shape of the Earth like you said about weather ect, like what we are made of underneath the crust and distribution of the material, then you have the ice caps that can give small variations also when the caps fluctuate, moons orbit ect ect ect.

The point I was making with Trav is we have Observatories here on Earth that monitor these things, also last time I checked , Polaris is still the pole star so nothing significant is happening with any major wobble occuring quickly.

So I wanted to know where Trav had read that they sent satelites up recently to look that "its becoming quite noticable" like all of a sudden?

Not saying no effect will be felt here on Earth with small variations because we are talking distribution of Volcanic material here , just caught my eye his statement did..

Ok way off topic now.

Back to the Aliens.
    Last edited by bluenose_ian; Jan 30th, 2011 at 7:55 AM.

Exiled from AO
    Huh...Huh..Huh

The Earth is, like, BI

Doc Velocity

On the Edge - any place else is taking up too much space
    [QUOTE][QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningishiddza View Post
    The Jesus thing didn't create squat.
    Is not Jesus the Christ the genesis of Christianity.

It was the elohim who created things.
    You're sure about that.....

The "God of the Bible" and Jesus are not the same thing
    Well for sure, the god of the OT was one nasty, vengeful, ill tempered and envious dude.

Maybe the ARV (Alien Revised Version).
    LOL. Touche. A humorous visual - Jerry Fallwell and the Alien High Priest each have their own infallable, version and hence, objective interpretations (because God speaks/instructs them personally) and hold a televised public debate about which of the two versions - the NT (or KJV) or the ARV is the true and correct copy of Chists words. That is of course, one of them dosent suddenly revert to thrashing about speaking in Tongues during the debate, confusing everyone.

I seriously doubt Jesus had a hand in the KJV, and if he didn't that doesn't much about Jesus, except he didn't know how to speak Hebrew.
    Isn't that why its known as the KJV?

Instructions were given to the translators that were intended to limit the Puritan influence on this new translation. The Bishop of London added a qualification that the translators would add no marginal notes (which had been an issue in the Geneva Bible).[9] King James cited two passages in the Geneva translation where he found the marginal notes offensive:[42] Exodus 1:17, where the Geneva Bible had commended the example of civil disobedience showed by the Hebrew midwives, and also II Chronicles 15:16, where the Geneva Bible had criticized King Asa for not having executed his idolatrous grandmother, Queen Maachah.[42] Further, the King gave the translators instructions designed to guarantee that the new version would conform to the ecclesiology of the Church of England.[9] Certain Greek and Hebrew words were to be translated in a manner that reflected the traditional usage of the church.[9] For example, old ecclesiastical words such as the word "church" were to be retained and not to be translated as "congregation".[9] The new translation would reflect the episcopal structure of the Church of England and traditional beliefs about ordained clergy.[9]

You don't need a god-thing for morality. I don't rape women because it is wrong, because there's no advantage in it; and because no one benefits.
    Very true. However, your first statement is followed by qualifers. That it is also wrong to rape because there is no advantage. So, although I dont sense that you really mean the reason you wouldnt rape a woman is "because no one benifits, no advantage" these reasonas still present as additional contingencies / conditions as opposed to rape just being just outright morally wrong.

You should/could have just quit after saying, "I don't rape women because it is wrong."

That makes me more moral than your god, who thought rape was cool. Men can rape women so long as them men marry them after having brutally raped them according to Yahweh, and Jesus, and Casper the Friendly Ghost.
    My God? Perhaps, you are referring to another / someone elses God, because you are not describing mine. I have a problem with Genesis! lol. Adam blamed Eve, it was ALL HER FAULT, her and the snake who was to become known as Satan. And since the time of that story, the religious Patriarch structure has governed humanity. Fully and totally obliterating any Matriarch society that ever might have existed. And since when has mankind ever been KIND? Would it surprise anyone if the Human species is noted among star beings as the non nurturing, war mongering Kind. or Kin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRGnP...eature=channel

You don't need a creator either. I'm sure the aliens did just fine without one.

If humans were important to god, and special, then god would have created a much smaller universe that was proportional to his "special" creation.

As it stands, there are more galaxies than there are people on Earth, which makes humans insignificant and meaningless.[/QUOTE
    ]

All good points very worthy of consideration and contemplation. But You see. That mankind is so enamoured of themselves, they have the hubris perspective (or perhaps, even conjure to lift them from a state of meaningless) for God to be in their image and likeness. This is important, a must, that this vision be maintained, to the continued credibility of the individual life and death. And respectively attribute these recipricol qualities to each other. The exchange is important, this identifying figure of, with and too the father figure head as the primary Archtype - with his anger, wrath, love, apathy, forgivness, profound guilt/shame, reproach, approval and most importantly, CONDITIONAL LOVE based upon unconditional obedience. And the list of qualifiers continues to grow from there....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urlTB...eature=related
    Last edited by Lillith; Feb 4th, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Very true. However, your first statement is followed by qualifers. That it is also wrong to rape because there is no advantage. So, although I dont sense that you really mean the reason you wouldnt rape a woman is "because no one benifits, no advantage" these reasonas still present as additional contingencies / conditions as opposed to rape just being just outright morally wrong.

You should/could have just quit after saying, "I don't rape women because it is wrong."
    And a religious person says "I dont rape women because its morally wrong, and also because I dont want to burn in hell".

You add qualifiers. That it is wrong to rape because it will end up in YOU suffering, an entirely selfish morality therefore. Thats the point atheists make when they get told how can they have morality if not for god. Being good because youll be spanked for doing something bad isnt morality. Its a very selfish thing! Or flip it, "I dont rape women because ill get a more intense orgasm if i do good, from being in heaven".

Conspiracy Theory DOD. Contributor BLOODLINES's Avatar
    Rolla---Missouri. 495 miles from Jericho. Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon View Post
    Why do humans exist? Are humans a natural product of this planet? Or are humans an anomoly on this planet?

In evolutionary theory, when something evolves, it becomes more complex, and gains chromosomes.

Human Chromosomes: 46

Chimpanzee Chromosomes: 48

What? Chimpanzees & apes are more advanced than humans!?

BUSTED!
    Got this far into the thread---SAD really...Goldstooge you are very ignorant.
    "WHEN WE RUN OUT OF FOOD I'LL ENJOY EATING YOU"

Thread Information