Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new pyramid located by satellite!

Disable These Ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningishiddza View Post
    Hawass is an Egyptian, and that automatically disqualifies him. Egyptian archaeologist is an oxymoron like "honorable villain." Egypt is the oldest continuous existing civilization, for more than 5,000 years and the only thing they have to show for it is 3 pyramids, a sphinx, and the falafel.

Take away the pyramids and sphinx and Egypt's only tangible contribution to the world is the falafel.
    Implying pre-Egyptian?

Where are you headed, Ning? Nephilim? Atlantis? 10,500BC? Cayce? Bauval? ???

### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0th View Post
    Implying pre-Egyptian?
    The 1st Dynasty were not Egyptians. If they were Egyptians, then everyone after them are not Egyptians.

Narmer, Aha, Djer, Djet and Den are not "Egyptian" names. It's a linguistic free-for-all. You can rule out Mesopotamia. Some have suggested Harappa/Indus Valley as the origin. There is the strange thing with the pharaohs when represented in paintings having a reddish tint for their skin tone, as opposed to those depictions of peoples who were obviously white or black.

If you go to the British Museum and read the letters by Dr Birch, in his first letter for the markings found in the 2nd chamber (Wellington's Chamber), he identifies the pharaoh (Suphis) as one who ruled about 200 years after Khufu. In his second later he identifies the markings found in the 3rd chamber (Campbell's Chamber) as Pharaoh Raufu.

If you read Dawn of Civilization by Gaston Maspero he refers to it as the greatest embarrassment in Egyptology, the fact that no one has been able to reconcile the two very different names in the Great Pyramid.

Anyway, Sneferu's use of white-washed mud-bricks around his pyramid suggests he was attempting to copy the Great Pyramid, which used to be encased in white Tura limestone. I think it was the Journal of the Society of Light and Optics which did a study showing that the albedo (reflectivity) of polished white Tura limestone would produce so many foot-candles of energy (light) so that on the New/Full Moon it would have lit up the entire plateau, been visible from the horizon, and the glow of the Great Pyramid could be seen from as far as 90 miles away (sort of how you see the glow of distant cities at night while driving down the interstate).

If Sneferu was attempting to copy the Great Pyramid, then it already existed in his time, so Khufu couldn't have built it.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

Sneferu's use of white-washed mud-bricks around his pyramid suggests he was attempting to copy the Great Pyramid,
    How does the Orion/pyramid correlation fit thoery into the Chronology? If several Pharaohs chose to copy their predeccesors, what kept them sticking to the plan regards the positioning and not getting all individual about their plans? How long did it take from the first stone of the first pyramid to the last stone of the last pyramid?

Quote Originally Posted by theejames View Post
    How does the Orion/pyramid correlation fit thoery into the Chronology?
    I suppose you could try to correlate the position of the stars to the orientation and positions of the pyramids. The three stars you're looking at are Mintaka, Alnilam and Alnitak (from west to east).

If the pyramids correspond to magnitude, them Mintaka has to be the pyramid attributed to Men-ka-ra, since it is the smallest and Mintaka has a magnitude of 2.5, while the 2nd Pyramid would be Alnilam with a magnitude of 1.8 and the Great Pyramid Alnitak with a magnitude of 2.0.

The 2nd Pyramid and Great Pyramid are the same height above sea level, but the 2nd Pyramid is actually taller (has a greater height) than the Great Pyramid, because the Great Pyramid sits on an area of the Plateau that is slightly inclined above the rest of the Plateau. In other words someone intended the tops of both pyramids to be the same distance above sea level.

The stars move, and their movement is not just celestial longitude, it's also declination (the position of the star in relation to the Plane of the Ecliptic).

To give you an idea of their movement rate, you can compare the Year 1 BCE position to the Year 2000 position:

Mintaka (1 BCE): 24° Taurus 32' -4° 02'
    Mintaka (2000): 22° Gemini 24' -0° 18'

Alnilam (1 BCE): 25° Taurus 38' -4° 44'
    Alnilam (2000): 23° Gemini 28' -1° 12'

Alnitak (1 BCE): 26° Taurus 51' -5° 15'
    Alnitak (2000): 24° Gemini 41' -1° 57'

The change in celestial longitude is due almost entirely to the phenomenon of precession, so that every 72 years stars/galaxies/nebulae appear to retard by 1° of arc.

All three stars are south of the Planet of the Ecliptic rising north, and Mintaka is moving the fastest.

In theory you could attempt to determine the age by matching the declination at the time built, but something has to be a reference point for the Planet of the Ecliptic. The Nile doesn't appear to be it.

The Sphinx would be the obvious choice, but that fails too.

If you stand on the Equator and look north, the pyramids are aligned Men-ka-ra (Mintaka), Khafre (Alnitak) and Khufu (Alnilam) but the actual order is reversed. You follow?

Standing on the Equator looking north or from space at the Equator looking north this is what you'd see:

If you are standing on Earth and look up into the night sky, this is what you'd see:

That doesn't fit.

But if you were coming to Earth from the other side of Orion, then this is what you'd see:

If you intend to orient the pyramids to Orion's Belt, then you'd have to view them from the perspective of someone who was coming to Earth from somewhere outside of our Solar System, and indeed, from somewhere beyond Orion.

That all goes back to the mystical number '7' and the fact that only someone not from our Solar System would identify Earth with the number '7' because from their unique perspective, Earth is the 7th Planet, and likewise for them Mars would be the 6th Planet and Venus the 8th Planet.

Pluto the 1st, Neptune the 2nd, Uranus the 3rd, Saturn the 4th, Jupiter the 5th, Mars the 6th and note that in all cases Mars is always pictorially represented as a 6-pointed Star, then Earth is the 7th, and Venus is the 8th and note that Venus is always pictorially represented by an 8-pointed Star.

There's no evidence linking Khufu or any other pharaoh to the pyramids. In fact there's a stelea which says Khufu made repairs to the Great Pyramid and the Temple to Osiris (also located on the Gizeh Plateau).

If several Pharaohs chose to copy their predeccesors, what kept them sticking to the plan regards the positioning and not getting all individual about their plans?
    That's the problem. Why would Sneferu built a step-pyramid and then lay white painted mud-bricks against the outside of the pyramid?

He did that because he was trying to copy something that already existed long before he was born, and that was the Great Pyramid with its White Tura Limestone outer casing (which was stripped by the Arabic tribes and used as building materials, like the Dome of the Rock for example).

If Khufu built the first pyramid, then how many pyramids are on the Gizeh Plateau?

Well, only one, the Great Pyramid.

So, then why does his son, Ra-de-def, build his pyramid at Abu-Rashid located 90 miles to the north of the Great Pyramid?

That doesn't make any sense. There's plenty of room to build a pyramid on the Plateau, since only one is there.

Also, the same people who allegedly built Khufu's pyramid are still alive, yet Ra-de-def's pyramid is a piece of shit that was very poorly constructed and is in very bad shape (that was the only pyramid I saw when in Egypt).

So you have this huge anal retentive pyramid with all of its fancy math stuff, and then a pyramid that looks like it was built by blind squirrels and then another really well-built fancy pyramid. That makes no sense.

What does make sense is that Khufu associated himself with the Great Pyramid which already existed, his son Ra-de-def decided to try to build his own and failed, and then Khafre took the easy way out and appropriated the 2nd Pyramid and Men-ka-ra took the 3rd pyramid.

Of course those are assumptions since none of the pharaohs ever claimed to build the pyramids, and in spite of the immaculate records they kept, there are no records at all about collecting taxes, or purchasing materials or paying workers to build any of them.

Note that many textbooks engage in disinformation by stating that Khafre was 'a' successor to Khufu instead of 'the' successor. That's because Ra-de-def was 'the' successor and not Khafre.

How long did it take from the first stone of the first pyramid to the last stone of the last pyramid?
    Mining studies as part of the 2003 feasibility study were based upon the removal of 3.0 Mtpy of aggregate and scalpings in years 1 through 4
    That's from a report I found here:

http://www.polarmin.com/downloads/11...techreport.pdf

They are using machinery and only getting 3 Million Metric Tons Per Year over a four year period which averages out to less than 1 Million Metric Tons Per Year.

I think it's the height of the Great Pyramid in polar-diameter inches (1 Inch = 1.1 PD-Inches) is the Polar Diameter of the Earth (hence polar diameter inches) and the perimeter in Pd-Inches is the Polar Circumference of the Earth (as opposed to measuring the Earth's circumference at the Equator -- who would have ever thought of that?), so some have speculated that the mass of the Great Pyramid is a proportional representation of the Mass of the Earth.

Anyway, the Great Pyramid has more than 1.2 Million stone blocks weighing anywhere from 2 US Tons to 20 US Tons.

How many blocks are in the other two? At least twice that amount, so at least 2.4 Million stone blocks.

Supposedly it was completed in the 23rd year of the reign of Khufu, but that isn't what the inscriptions in Campbell's Chamber say (according to Dr Birch the hieroglyph that supposedly indicates an ordinal number, which by the way is in semi-hieratic hieroglyph -- which didn't appear until 600 years after Khufu ruled -- has never been used to represent ordinal numbers ever), but it's claimed he started it in during his 3rd year.

That means they'd have to cut 60,000 stone blocks per year, or 164 blocks per day.

That isn't possible. It's an issue of time and space. Imagine 60 chefs trying to prepare 60 meals and only have 12 available burners in the kitchen. Obviously some chefs will be standing around doing nothing because there's nowhere to work. It's the same in a rock quarry. Because of time and space considerations, there's only so many blocks that can be cut in a given time period.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

i rule, u serve dinner tahn1000's Avatar
    it's absolute rubbish that the belt of orion has anything to do with the orientation of the pyramids. the pyramids line up mostly south-north, and the stars of orion's belt line up roughly east to west. only desperate conspirisists and alien lovers believe that balony.

anyone with an ounce of common sense would have dismissed it as ridiculous without a second thought.

even the orientation of the stars, with the central one clearly out of line, do not match the belt, plus the two northern pyramids are significantly larger than the southern one. if they were going to go to all that trouble just to point out a section of the sky, i'm sure the pyramids would also reflect the magnitude of the stars they referenced. and the stars of orions belt visually as bright as each other.
    "your god is not mine (john 8:37-40)"
    knowledge is wasted on the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by tahn1000 View Post
    it only desperate conspirisists and alien lovers believe that balony.
    The irony of this statement has left me almost speechless.
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    The irony of this statement has left me almost speechless.
    you - speechless?! we'll just have to pretend for that part, but in what way, exactly?

when i have something to say, it's because i have reached that opinion through my own research - NOT because everybody is saying it regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

oh, and if you don't believe me about the orientation of orion's belt (and how they appear as bright as each other), just step outside and look for yourselves.

oh, and if you don't believe me about the orientation of orion's belt (and how they appear as bright as each other), just step outside and look for yourselves.
    I don't expect small minds to grasp complex ideas.

You are getting back to perspective now. Where I live the center star appears brighter. In Nevada they appear much brighter and equal. In Los Angeles, once you get far enough away to see them the lower outside star is more visible. These are differences in places that are hundreds to 2000 miles apart. To suggest what you see is exactly the same everywhere in the world is way off.
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

You are getting back to perspective now. Where I live the center star appears brighter. In Nevada they appear much brighter and equal. In Los Angeles, once you get far enough away to see them the lower outside star is more visible. These are differences in places that are hundreds to 2000 miles apart. To suggest what you see is exactly the same everywhere in the world is way off.
    except that the southern pyramid has a base of not even half the size of the other two. none of the stars in orions belt are half the brightness of the other two. the orientation of the pyramids remains wrong no matter where you look up at the sky - which DOESN'T change no matter where you are in the world.

not do i believe that the brightness of the stars changes significantly depending on where you are in the world relative to the rest of those around it. they are, after all, the same stars no matter where you are in the world.

I don't expect small minds to grasp complex ideas.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...swithOrion.jpg
    it's called checking the constellation for yourself, ningishiddza. you should verify it for yourself before spreading the same baloney all the time. the stars of orion's belt ARE NOT in the correct orientation and their brightness/visual size ARE NOT reflected in the dimensions of the pyramid.
    Last edited by tahn1000; Nov 20th, 2010 at 5:26 PM.

anyway getting back to archaelology, while the interview was being filmed this statue was raised up! it's a statue of amenhotep III. which dates the interview as being filmed on november 5th, and aired in australia on the 14th. so it is definitely current news.

http://www.drhawass.com/blog/press-r...-iii-uncovered

i consider this era - amhotep III to tutenkhamen - to be definitely unexplored as far as major events in the history of our world are concerned.

except that the southern pyramid has a base of not even half the size of the other two. none of the stars in orions belt are half the brightness of the other two. the orientation of the pyramids remains wrong no matter where you look up at the sky - which DOESN'T change no matter where you are in the world.

not do i believe that the brightness of the stars changes significantly depending on where you are in the world relative to the rest of those around it. they are, after all, the same stars no matter where you are in the world.

So the temperature, atmospheric conditions, and altitude are exactly the same everywhere in the world when looking at stars and location and orientation have nothing to do with it either? That measn right now where you live it is 20 degrees F, overcast, and windy with a chance of snow just like here. Thanks for setting me straight. I wonder why then everyone doesn't see the exact same eclipse as everyone else?

So the temperature, atmospheric conditions, and altitude are exactly the same everywhere in the world when looking at stars and location and orientation have nothing to do with it either? That measn right now where you live it is 20 degrees F, overcast, and windy with a chance of snow just like here. Thanks for setting me straight. I wonder why then everyone doesn't see the exact same eclipse as everyone else?
    don't get hysterical. of course when it comes to eclipses everyone won't see the same thing. at least half the planet will miss out, won't it? try - at least try - to present a reasonable argument.

and regardless of weather conditions, we are talking about more IDEAL viewing conditions, like cloudless, not raining or snowing etc which makes the stars twinkle-twinkle more. in which case both the relative brightness and position of the stars is undeniable.

and to set the record straight - just because if you live in the northern hemisphere and you mightn't know this - this stars don't flip upside down when you're looking at them from the southern hemisphere.

it's called checking the constellation for yourself, ningishiddza. you should verify it for yourself before spreading the same baloney all the time. the stars of orion's belt ARE NOT in the correct orientation and their brightness/visual size ARE NOT reflected in the dimensions of the pyramid.
    You obviously have trouble visualizing Earth of the Past. You're probably dumb enough to think that there was a Persian Gulf 10,000 years ago.

The skies today are not how they looked 5,000 or even 9,000 years ago.

I just showed you a map overlay that shows they are in the correct orientation.

No doubt you are not aware of stars that have variable magnitudes and change brightness over time, sometimes quickly over the course of months, sometimes over the course of years.

You don't really know what the magnitude of the stars were 9,000 years ago.

The magnitude of those stars today is 2.0, 1.8 and 2.5, which closely approximates the size of the three pyramids (two are roughly the same size and the third is smaller).

In fact, if you read Anima Astrologia you'll find that Guido Bonatti classified the former Star in Orion’s Belt (Mintaka) as a magnitude 4 and the middle Star in Orion’s Belt (Alnilam) as a magnitude 2 (he wrote most of his works between 1250 and 1290 CE), so apparently the stars looked different just 1,000 years ago, but then you're the resident research expert in Latin works, not me.

By the way, Ptolemy classified Mintaka as a magnitude 5 and Alnilam as a magnitude 2 when he wrote Tetrabilos.

Quote Originally Posted by tahn1000
    Ooops. I guess I just trampled all over you beliefs.

your attitude is pretty sad. clearly they are not in the correct orientation, clearly the size of the pyramids do not reflect their brightness in the sky, and personally in the life of a star and the age of the universe i don't think 9000 or 10000 years is going to make a hell of a lot of difference to either.

your attitude is pretty sad. clearly they are not in the correct orientation, clearly the size of the pyramids do not reflect their brightness in the sky, and personally in the life of a star and the age of the universe i don't think 9000 or 10000 years is going to make a hell of a lot of difference to either.
    Mr Wizard you are dumber than dog shit. Mintaka happens to a variable star. In fact it's a variable binary eclipsed by a mag 7 star. So, it's magnitude will change over time as the mag 7 star separates (Mintaka will become brighter).

Thread Information