Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new pyramid located by satellite!

i rule, u serve dinner tahn1000's Avatar

new pyramid located by satellite!

Disable These Ads!
    Dr Hawass: About a week ago I got a satellite image of a site that all my life I've wanted to excavate
    Ross Coulthart: And what do you see?
    Dr Hawass: I can see a pyramid!
    Ross Coulthart: There's a pyramid buried?
    Dr Hawass: Buried under the sand - and I'm telling you before the opening of your exhibit in Australia, you will hear the news about me discovering a new pyramid.
    Ross Coulthart: A pyramid buried?
    Dr Hawass: A pyramid buried under the sand!
    Ross Coulthart: A whole pyramid?
    Dr Hawass: A whole pyramid!

sunday night current affairs show transcript

they showed the satellite map on tv,but he was cagey. you couldn't make out a thing and he just waved his hand that quickly. but i'm taking a guess! according to my theory, there should be some sort of structure or subsidiary pyramid south of the khufu pyramid. maybe just the remains but i'm betting something's there.

"your god is not mine (john 8:37-40)"
    knowledge is wasted on the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by tahn1000 View Post
    but i'm taking a guess! according to my theory, there should be some sort of structure or subsidiary pyramid south of the khufu pyramid. maybe just the remains but i'm betting something's there.
    Is this you talking now, or is it still Dr.Hawass? If it's not the Doc, can you share this "theory" of yours?
    Last edited by Fut004; Nov 16th, 2010 at 8:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fut004 View Post
    Is this you talking now, or is it still Dr.Hawass? If it's not the Doc, can you share this theory of yours?
    it's my theory, hence "according to my theory". and if i'm right and something is found there - then i'll share it.

it's my theory, hence "according to my theory". and if i'm right and something is found there - then i'll share it.
    You didn't have quotation marks or tags around anything, so it's not glaringly obvious which part is "you" and which part isn't. Hence my original question.

So you'll only share your "theory" if it's proven to be true? How will anybody know if it's your "theory" or not after it's broadcast on television? For all we know you could just be trying to look smart by claiming you thought of it first.

Also, I italics'd "Theory" in all my comments because something tells me it's not really a theory, more of just a guess.

You wonder why people won't take you serious
    You say you have a theory but won't discuss it unless you are right? All that means is you wait until someone says or finds something and then say "yup that's what I thought!"

Share the theory, it is that simple.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Hawass' find. Once he really set the standard for Egyptian archeology but I would question anything he says afte his Chasing Mummies show. This guy has shot down every nonsense theory about the pyramids and Sphynx then does a completely fictional "reality show" setting back archeology 100 years. Faking discoveries and situations does nothing to help archeology no matter how much they claim it is bringing archeology to new people. I don't think most people want to think of archeology as faking someone pissing their pants so an old man can rant about the sacred shrine she has desecrated.

He has shown there are no secret chambers under the Sphynx or tunnels connecting the pyramids. He was one of the first to show the Sphinx was most likely carved from a natural formation and has discovered evidence of the slaughter house used to feed the workers who built the pyramids. But after this show he just seems like ab old man desperate for attention.
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Whoa, wait, this Hawass character faked a bunch of shit? That's brutal to his credibility.

I didn't realize that the chambers under the Sphynx weren't true. When did this happen? I was still holding my breath in anticipation of what they'd find under there.

Whoa, wait, this Hawass character faked a bunch of shit? That's brutal to his credibility.

I didn't realize that the chambers under the Sphynx weren't true. When did this happen? I was still holding my breath in anticipation of what they'd find under there.
    There are a couple of passageways but are considered to have been dug by treasure hunters.

His show is Chasing Mummies. We all can accept that reality TV is it's current form is fake, but even this show takes it to a new level. Apparently the producers forgot about IMDB because they claimed two women to be legitimate fellows but as soon as the first show aired people looked them up to find they are actresses. Now they were smart enough to find girls with archeology cred, but actresses none the less. One episode they showed Hawass ordering only the fellows and 1 camera man were allowed to go with him, yet another shot shows them walking and you can see another camera man following them. Then they break into a tomb "sealed for centuries" yet they charge right in without testing the air or using any type or re-breather. I am no expert in archeology but in some forum people claim to know where this was and that they had simply buried the front of an existing tunnel then dug it out.

Hawass has done a lot for preserving and even getting back Egyptian artifacts and he either thinks this in some way will help that end or he is just an old man out for one last ego stroke. I spent a ton of time as kid reading about archeology and Egyptology had this guy been on TV then I would have tossed all my books.
    Mr. T made his van go twice the speed of light because he wanted to prove that quantum physics was a bunch of jibba jabba.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    You wonder why people won't take you serious
    You say you have a theory but won't discuss it unless you are right? All that means is you wait until someone says or finds something and then say "yup that's what I thought!"

Share the theory, it is that simple.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Hawass' find. Once he really set the standard for Egyptian archeology but I would question anything he says afte his Chasing Mummies show. This guy has shot down every nonsense theory about the pyramids and Sphynx then does a completely fictional "reality show" setting back archeology 100 years. Faking discoveries and situations does nothing to help archeology no matter how much they claim it is bringing archeology to new people. I don't think most people want to think of archeology as faking someone pissing their pants so an old man can rant about the sacred shrine she has desecrated.

He has shown there are no secret chambers under the Sphynx or tunnels connecting the pyramids. He was one of the first to show the Sphinx was most likely carved from a natural formation and has discovered evidence of the slaughter house used to feed the workers who built the pyramids. But after this show he just seems like ab old man desperate for attention.
    your attitude is pathetic. everything's been found already and any claim that there's more is "suspect"? you really can't handle anything that isn't already in all the encyclopedias and reference books, can you?

people at the forefront of anything don't have the luxury of pulling up 1000 corroborating sources before they even begin. and if they are good at their job they are at that beginning every time.

and this man's credibility is only under question to sour-ass little pussies like yourself.

Awards received by Zahi Hawass
    Cape Breton University/Canadian International College Special Award

2010 - Dr. Hawass was honored with a special award from CBU/CIC for his service as a role model of success in the field of Egyptology.

Honorary Doctorate from the University of Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

2010- Dr. Hawass was awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria in recognition of his efforts to preserve Egypt's cultural heritage.

Honorary Doctorate from the Catholic University of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic

2009- Dr. Hawass was awarded an honorary doctorate from the Catholic University of Santo Domingo in recognition of his efforts to preserve and protect Egypt's cultural heritage, as well as his achievements in the field of archaeology.

Honorary Doctorate from Bansomdejchaopraya Rajabhat University in Bangkok, Thailand

2009 - Dr. Hawass was awarded an honorary doctorate degree from Bansomdejchaopraya Rajabhat University, Thailand in recognition of his contributions to the field of Egyptology over his career.

Medal of the Spanish Order of Arts and Culture

2009 - Dr. Hawass was presented with this honor by H.E. Cesar Antonio Molina, Spanish Minister of Culture, in recognition of his contributions to world culture and his warm relationship with Spain.

Goodwill Ambassador to Japan

2008 - Dr. Hawass was designated a Goodwill Ambassador to Japan by the Egyptian and Japanese ministries of foreign affairs.

World Tourism Award

2008 - Dr. Hawass was honored with a World Tourism Award in recognition of his dynamic and committed leadership in developing and implementing innovative plans for the management and protection of Egypt's cultural heritage.

Golden Medal of the Royal Bagpipe Band of the Province of Ourense, Spain

2008 - Dr. Hawass was presented with this honor in recognition of his tireless work to promote and protect Egypt's cultural and archaeological heritage. Previous recipients of this award include Their Majesties the King and Queen of Spain, along with His Holiness Pope John Paul II.

Commander, Order of Merit of the Republic of Italy

2008 - Dr. Hawass was awarded the rank of Commander in the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic. This honor is conferred in recognition of outstanding contributions to literature, the economy, public service, and social, philanthropic and humanitarian activities.

Officer, Order of Arts and Letters of the French Republic

2007 - The French Republic honored Dr. Hawass with the grade of Officer in the Order of Arts and Letters. The Order was created in 1957 to recognize persons distinguished by their contributions to arts and letters in France and in the world. Dr. Hawass joins a select group of international recipients of this honor, including William Faulkner and Ella Fitzgerald, among other luminaries.

Paestum Archaeology Award

2006 - The Borsa Mediterranea del Turismo Archaeologico and the Tourist Office of the Province of Salerno, Italy presented Dr. Hawass with this award, which honors achievement in archaeology, the promotion of Mediterranean cooperation, and the promotion of cultural heritage.

Emmy Award

2006 - Dr. Hawass was honored by the American Academy of Television Arts and Sciences with an Emmy award for his performance in a documentary. He is the first Egyptian ever to receive this prestigious award.

Featured in an Exhibition on Archaeology at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis

2006 - The Children's Museum of Indianapolis featured Dr. Hawass in an exhibition to teach children about archaeology.

One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People of 2005

2006 - Time Magazine chose Dr. Hawass as one of the world's 100 most influential figures of the year 2005.

Chosen as a Speaker for the "Adventures of the Mind" Program

2005 - Dr. Hawass was one of 30 famous intellectuals, including Nobel Prize winners, who were invited to lecture to 150 outstanding American high school students at Stanford University.

Honorary Doctorate, The American University in Cairo

2005 - Dr. Hawass was awarded an honorary doctorate by the American University in Cairo. You can read his acceptance speech to that year's graduating class here.

Name Inscribed on CD for the Mars Rover Mission

2002 - Dr. Hawass' name was inscribed on a CD sent up with the 2003 Mars Rover Mission.

"Egyptian Pioneer Award," Spanish Egyptological Society

2002 - Dr. Hawass was honored by the Spanish Egyptological Society as one of the five "Egyptian Pioneers," along with Naguib Mahfouz, Omar Sherif, Umm Kalthoum, and Ahmed Zuweil.

Explorer-in-Residence, National Geographic Society

2001 - Dr. Hawass was selected by the National Geographic Society as an Explorer-in-Residence in recognition of his status as one of the world's outstanding scientists and explorers.

Honored by Mansoura University

2001 - Dr. Hawass joined Umm Kalthoum, Omar Sherif, Ahmed Zuweil, and Naguib Mahfouz as one of the distinguished Egyptians who have been honored by Mansoura University.

Silver Medal, Russian Academy of Natural Sciences

2001 - The Russian Academy of Natural Sciences honored Dr. Hawass with a silver medal and membership in the Academy.

“Distinguished Scholar of the Year” Award, The Association of Egyptian-American Scholars

2000 - The Association of Egyptian-American Scholars presented a crystal obelisk to Dr. Zahi Hawass in recognition of his efforts in archaeology, including his excavations and publications. A reception at the Diplomatic Club of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was held in celebration of the occasion.

Mellon Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania

2000 - Dr. Hawass was selected for a Mellon Fellowship from the University of Pennsylvania.

Golden Plate Award from the American Academy for Achievement

2000 - The American Academy for Achievement presented Dr. Hawass with the Golden Plate Award, which honors individuals of outstanding achievement as "representatives of the many who excel" in their fields.

First-Class Award in the Arts and Sciences

1998 - Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak presented Dr. Hawass with this award, one of the most prestigious in Egypt, in recognition of his efforts to restore the Great Sphinx at Giza.

"Pride of Egypt" Award

1998 - Dr. Hawass was presented with the "Pride of Egypt" award by members of the foreign press in Egypt in recognition of his achievements in archaeology.

Fulbright Fellowship

1980 - Zahi Hawass was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to study at the University of Pennsylvania, where he obtained his doctorate in 1987.

http://www.drhawass.com/awards-received-zahi-hawass

as for my theory - if someone of howass' reputation gets crapped on by the likes of you, why should i bother?

as for my theory - if someone of howass' reputation gets crapped on by the likes of you, why should i bother?
    Haha. So you don't have a real theory then. Glad you admit to it, even if we have to read between the lines.

howass has been receiving international recognition for decades. he has a satellite map to back up where he wants to dig next (after he finishes his current projects), but because there's "nothing new under the sun", vapid comes in and says he's an old fraud struggling to get attention.

me, i'm just an armchair archeologist and historian. with NONE of howass' credentials behind me - please tell me, why should i expose myself to ridicule?

your attitude is pathetic. everything's been found already and any claim that there's more is "suspect"? you really can't handle anything that isn't already in all the encyclopedias and reference books, can you?

people at the forefront of anything don't have the luxury of pulling up 1000 corroborating sources before they even begin. and if they are good at their job they are at that beginning every time.

and this man's credibility is only under question to sour-ass little pussies like yourself.
    Lol I never said he hasn't found anything, I simply said I wouldn't hold my breath. His association with that show does bring his motives into question. His announcement could just be to draw attention to himself and the show to help his ratings. Or what he has found could turn out to be nothing. You can have all the credentials in the world and still have ulterior motives.

This is no proof of a new pyramid only his theory that one is there. I hope he finds one, Archeology could use the boost.

You know Tahn it is not what you present but how you present it. Did you ever think that if you came out clean and just discussed it people might take it seriously, or at least if the disagree you might still get your idea across. Your first post here was the one you started about the end of times. You got pissed about it being moved into the religious section. Do you think maybe if you had come out with your ideas about aliens it might have gone differently?

Honestly reading some of your stuff on the internet I am interested, because one idea I read a long time ago was about ancient men creating alien stories, well visitors from the skies, not from all genuine sightings but to bolster their chosen gods by creating enemies from outside their know world and that the alien mythos diverged from religious roots into what it is today. So did an early alien culture visit us and that started the mythos?

### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    Pathetic would describe the sad state of Academia.

Somewhere on this forum in a post from long, long ago I berated turds like Hawass who perpetuate the myth that "Pyramids are Tombs."

I stated something to the effect that no pyramid was every used as a tomb, and that no dead pharaoh were ever inside any pyramid for any period of time, and that the only way to prove the idiotic theory that pyramids are tombs is that you'd have to find a buried pyramid holding a previously unknown pharaoh.

Awards received by Zahi Hawass
    Cape Breton University/Canadian International College Special Award

2010 - Dr. Hawass was honored with a special award from CBU/CIC for his service as a role model of success in the field of Egyptology.

Honorary Doctorate from the University of Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

2010- Dr. Hawass was awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria in recognition of his efforts to preserve Egypt's cultural heritage.

Honorary Doctorate from the Catholic University of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic

2009- Dr. Hawass was awarded an honorary doctorate from the Catholic University of Santo Domingo in recognition of his efforts to preserve and protect Egypt's cultural heritage, as well as his achievements in the field of archaeology.

Honorary Doctorate from Bansomdejchaopraya Rajabhat University in Bangkok, Thailand

2009 - Dr. Hawass was awarded an honorary doctorate degree from Bansomdejchaopraya Rajabhat University, Thailand in recognition of his contributions to the field of Egyptology over his career.

Medal of the Spanish Order of Arts and Culture

2009 - Dr. Hawass was presented with this honor by H.E. Cesar Antonio Molina, Spanish Minister of Culture, in recognition of his contributions to world culture and his warm relationship with Spain.

Goodwill Ambassador to Japan

2008 - Dr. Hawass was designated a Goodwill Ambassador to Japan by the Egyptian and Japanese ministries of foreign affairs.

World Tourism Award

2008 - Dr. Hawass was honored with a World Tourism Award in recognition of his dynamic and committed leadership in developing and implementing innovative plans for the management and protection of Egypt's cultural heritage.

Golden Medal of the Royal Bagpipe Band of the Province of Ourense, Spain

2008 - Dr. Hawass was presented with this honor in recognition of his tireless work to promote and protect Egypt's cultural and archaeological heritage. Previous recipients of this award include Their Majesties the King and Queen of Spain, along with His Holiness Pope John Paul II.

Commander, Order of Merit of the Republic of Italy

2008 - Dr. Hawass was awarded the rank of Commander in the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic. This honor is conferred in recognition of outstanding contributions to literature, the economy, public service, and social, philanthropic and humanitarian activities.

Officer, Order of Arts and Letters of the French Republic

2007 - The French Republic honored Dr. Hawass with the grade of Officer in the Order of Arts and Letters. The Order was created in 1957 to recognize persons distinguished by their contributions to arts and letters in France and in the world. Dr. Hawass joins a select group of international recipients of this honor, including William Faulkner and Ella Fitzgerald, among other luminaries.

Paestum Archaeology Award

2006 - The Borsa Mediterranea del Turismo Archaeologico and the Tourist Office of the Province of Salerno, Italy presented Dr. Hawass with this award, which honors achievement in archaeology, the promotion of Mediterranean cooperation, and the promotion of cultural heritage.

Emmy Award

2006 - Dr. Hawass was honored by the American Academy of Television Arts and Sciences with an Emmy award for his performance in a documentary. He is the first Egyptian ever to receive this prestigious award.

Featured in an Exhibition on Archaeology at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis

2006 - The Children's Museum of Indianapolis featured Dr. Hawass in an exhibition to teach children about archaeology.

One of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People of 2005

2006 - Time Magazine chose Dr. Hawass as one of the world's 100 most influential figures of the year 2005.

Chosen as a Speaker for the "Adventures of the Mind" Program

2005 - Dr. Hawass was one of 30 famous intellectuals, including Nobel Prize winners, who were invited to lecture to 150 outstanding American high school students at Stanford University.

Honorary Doctorate, The American University in Cairo

2005 - Dr. Hawass was awarded an honorary doctorate by the American University in Cairo. You can read his acceptance speech to that year's graduating class here.

Name Inscribed on CD for the Mars Rover Mission

2002 - Dr. Hawass' name was inscribed on a CD sent up with the 2003 Mars Rover Mission.

"Egyptian Pioneer Award," Spanish Egyptological Society

2002 - Dr. Hawass was honored by the Spanish Egyptological Society as one of the five "Egyptian Pioneers," along with Naguib Mahfouz, Omar Sherif, Umm Kalthoum, and Ahmed Zuweil.

Explorer-in-Residence, National Geographic Society

2001 - Dr. Hawass was selected by the National Geographic Society as an Explorer-in-Residence in recognition of his status as one of the world's outstanding scientists and explorers.

Honored by Mansoura University

2001 - Dr. Hawass joined Umm Kalthoum, Omar Sherif, Ahmed Zuweil, and Naguib Mahfouz as one of the distinguished Egyptians who have been honored by Mansoura University.

Silver Medal, Russian Academy of Natural Sciences

2001 - The Russian Academy of Natural Sciences honored Dr. Hawass with a silver medal and membership in the Academy.

“Distinguished Scholar of the Year” Award, The Association of Egyptian-American Scholars

2000 - The Association of Egyptian-American Scholars presented a crystal obelisk to Dr. Zahi Hawass in recognition of his efforts in archaeology, including his excavations and publications. A reception at the Diplomatic Club of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was held in celebration of the occasion.

Mellon Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania

2000 - Dr. Hawass was selected for a Mellon Fellowship from the University of Pennsylvania.

Golden Plate Award from the American Academy for Achievement

2000 - The American Academy for Achievement presented Dr. Hawass with the Golden Plate Award, which honors individuals of outstanding achievement as "representatives of the many who excel" in their fields.

First-Class Award in the Arts and Sciences

1998 - Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak presented Dr. Hawass with this award, one of the most prestigious in Egypt, in recognition of his efforts to restore the Great Sphinx at Giza.

"Pride of Egypt" Award

1998 - Dr. Hawass was presented with the "Pride of Egypt" award by members of the foreign press in Egypt in recognition of his achievements in archaeology.

Fulbright Fellowship

1980 - Zahi Hawass was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to study at the University of Pennsylvania, where he obtained his doctorate in 1987.

That's like thieves congratulating other thieves.

The true test of his scholarship, credibility and reputation rests on one question, and only one question:

The cartouche of how many pharaohs are in the Great Pyramid and what are the names of those pharaohs and when did they rule?

I'll give you a hint: The number of pharaohs is two.

If Hawass does not admit there are two pharaohs and identify them by name, then he has zero credibility.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Hmmm... maybe this "other pyramid" is the proverbial brick shit-house...

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    This is no proof of a new pyramid only his theory that one is there. I hope he finds one, Archeology could use the boost.
    .... maybe you missed the title of the thread "new pyramid located by satellite", so he hasn't just swung a theory out to air it. he as a SATELLITE IMAGE of the valley and he knows there's something that is pyramid shaped under the sand.

Hahaha.

they showed the satellite map on tv,but he was cagey. you couldn't make out a thing and he just waved his hand that quickly. but i'm taking a guess!
    .... maybe you missed the title of the thread "new pyramid located by satellite", so he hasn't just swung a theory out to air it. he as a SATELLITE IMAGE of the valley and he knows there's something that is pyramid shaped under the sand.
    So his evidence is something that you couldn't make out at all, but you still believe it's undeniable proof?

if you haven't seen a satellite image before - it's in shades of grey, but it's clearly defined and i think was of the whole valley. and the camera man with the journalist didn't, no doubt wasn't allowed, to show a close up. OBVIOUSLY he isn't going to give it away before he's dug it up.

are you and vapid just petty or what?

So when is he supposed to start working on this dig?

i don't think that was mentioned in the show, but what he expects to find is the pyramid of "a king called kengar".

Hahaha.

So his evidence is something that you couldn't make out at all, but you still believe it's undeniable proof?
    Forget it. This nonsense is from a GPR survey conducted in 2006. It's in the NRIAG Journal of Geophysics, but there's no pyramid there.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

it didn't say how old the satellite image was, only that he just received it. HOWEVER i doubt he would have received it so late if it taken in 2006.

i don't think that was mentioned in the show, but what he expects to find is the pyramid of "a king called kengar".
    Kengar. Is this one of those completely unknown and secret kings that Egypt had?

Kengar. Is this one of those completely unknown and secret kings that Egypt had?
    i don't know. he's the archaeologist.

So you know nothing about it?
    Why the hell did you post it then, and defend this dude so much?

It is probably a misquote from the shows transcript. There is no listing of s rumored or actual king or pharaoh named Kenger in any online listing nor in any of the books I have. Probably a phonetic misspell of something Hawass said.

Edit possibly Khendjer except I do believe they have already found an incomplete pyramid for him.
    Last edited by Rabid1; Nov 17th, 2010 at 3:40 PM. Reason: more looking

it didn't say how old the satellite image was, only that he just received it. HOWEVER i doubt he would have received it so late if it taken in 2006.
    Hawass is an Egyptian, and that automatically disqualifies him. Egyptian archaeologist is an oxymoron like "honorable villain." Egypt is the oldest continuous existing civilization, for more than 5,000 years and the only thing they have to show for it is 3 pyramids, a sphinx, and the falafel.

Take away the pyramids and sphinx and Egypt's only tangible contribution to the world is the falafel.

His job is to perpetuate the myth that pyramids are tombs, and that Khufu built the great pyramid, and neither is true.

Thread Information