Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 151

Thread: Rep and standings

  1. #51
    Survivalist! Traveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,197
    Disable These Ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    Not a very subtle little homophobe , are you?
    Lighten up for goodness sake. Or do you not grasp subtle humour either. Even blue-ray would laugh at that one and he's the one used.
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

    A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

  2. #52
    Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member CandyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    933
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sarah

  3. #53
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    And as it turned out it was Blue-ray that had the queer idea to scrap it. That deserves a stoning right there.
    I'm sorry but that's fucking hilarious. (and rep worthy)
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  4. #54
    AO Feminazi GamerGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,476
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximumPain View Post
    If a group of like minded people all decided to play gotcha.

    I like CTs idea of making it optional per the user but I guess that sort of takes the teeth out of it.
    Let's see...

    Jena, Reef, Pico, G66, Doc, ring a bell? They'd neg rep people like myself, DBA, Rabid, Cart, because we post links and the truth. Then they'd pos rep each other because they all watch FOX.

    Rep points aren't about good or bad posts but a cheap popularity contest. Unless you had a way of removing neg reps for stupid things like "How dare you post that FOX got caught lying again!" and bullshit pos reps like "Yea! You called her a twat too!"

    Otherwise it is just a cheap pop contest.
    http://www.bartcop.com/gop-war-on-hellhath.jpg
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

  5. #55
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    Let's see...

    Jena, Reef, Pico, G66, Doc, ring a bell? They'd neg rep people like myself, DBA, Rabid, Cart, because we post links and the truth. Then they'd pos rep each other because they all watch FOX.

    Rep points aren't about good or bad posts but a cheap popularity contest. Unless you had a way of removing neg reps for stupid things like "How dare you post that FOX got caught lying again!" and bullshit pos reps like "Yea! You called her a twat too!"

    Otherwise it is just a cheap pop contest.
    I've never gotten too much neg rep from anyone, to be honest. Doc probably would, but I don't recall getting a neg rep from the other people you listed.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  6. #56
    AO Feminazi GamerGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,476
    My best one? JR neg repping me for "You're a cunt" Yeah, not a popularity contest or any thing... No, just all about the good or bad posts. *rolleyes*
    http://www.bartcop.com/gop-war-on-hellhath.jpg
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

  7. #57
    . Contributor Fut004's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Toronto, ON. Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,341
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    Let's see...

    Jena, Reef, Pico, G66, Doc, ring a bell? They'd neg rep people like myself, DBA, Rabid, Cart, because we post links and the truth. Then they'd pos rep each other because they all watch FOX.

    Rep points aren't about good or bad posts but a cheap popularity contest. Unless you had a way of removing neg reps for stupid things like "How dare you post that FOX got caught lying again!" and bullshit pos reps like "Yea! You called her a twat too!"

    Otherwise it is just a cheap pop contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    My best one? JR neg repping me for "You're a cunt" Yeah, not a popularity contest or any thing... No, just all about the good or bad posts. *rolleyes*
    I think this has be discussed already. When you get a neg rep for a retarded reason (ie. "You're a cunt"), all you have to do is hit the "report" button on the Rep and the Mods will take a look at it. If they determine that it's a valid reason the neg will stay, if they see that it's just somebody Neg-Rep'n to be a douche they can remove it, allowing you to hang on to your hard-earned green squares.


    This is how the system worked before, this is how the system can work again.

  8. #58
    Little Bird of Prey phedrereine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Within Sensor Range
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    Let's see...

    Jena, Reef, Pico, G66, Doc, ring a bell? They'd neg rep people like myself, DBA, Rabid, Cart, because we post links and the truth. Then they'd pos rep each other because they all watch FOX.

    Rep points aren't about good or bad posts but a cheap popularity contest. Unless you had a way of removing neg reps for stupid things like "How dare you post that FOX got caught lying again!" and bullshit pos reps like "Yea! You called her a twat too!"

    Otherwise it is just a cheap pop contest.
    I honestly didn't see it that way... And I had the feeling most others didn't, either. The comments I gave and that people gave me implied genuine reaction to the actual posts. But that's just my impression. I admit I may have been partial to a few people and repped them more, but I was partial to them in the first place because I liked what they had to say, and I liked those particular posts I was repping.
    "But more wonderful than the lore of old men and the lore of books is the secret lore of ocean."

  9. #59
    Survivalist! Traveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,197
    Come to think of it I don't think I gave out more than 3 or 4 neg reps in all the time the system was there. And that was because it was basically asked for.
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

    A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

  10. #60
    One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Posts
    7,811
    Quote Originally Posted by phedrereine View Post
    I honestly didn't see it that way... And I had the feeling most others didn't, either. The comments I gave and that people gave me implied genuine reaction to the actual posts. But that's just my impression. I admit I may have been partial to a few people and repped them more, but I was partial to them in the first place because I liked what they had to say, and I liked those particular posts I was repping.
    Agreed, I give positive rep to a well thought out post, written in their own words. Even if I disagree with topic....

  11. #61
    Fuq Haters Contributor Nu Kua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Free
    Posts
    11,365
    ah ha!!!!! Look!!!
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

  12. #62
    . Contributor Fut004's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Toronto, ON. Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    ah ha!!!!! Look!!!
    I just noticed too!
    Awesome, God--- I mean MM listens to the people!

    I wonder if the system is back to the way it was before, or if it's new/improved.

  13. #63
    Fuq Haters Contributor Nu Kua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Free
    Posts
    11,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Fut
    Awesome, God--- I mean MM listens to the people!
    I think he just likes to take his time.

    It seems to be the same. No more than 3 reps in 24 hours, that sort of thing.
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

  14. #64
    Little Bird of Prey phedrereine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Within Sensor Range
    Posts
    1,457
    Thank you, MM!!
    "But more wonderful than the lore of old men and the lore of books is the secret lore of ocean."

  15. #65
    Bite Me Contributor JenaS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Southeast Florida
    Age
    52
    Posts
    10,220
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    Let's see...

    Jena, Reef, Pico, G66, Doc, ring a bell? They'd neg rep people like myself, DBA, Rabid, Cart, because we post links and the truth. Then they'd pos rep each other because they all watch FOX.

    Rep points aren't about good or bad posts but a cheap popularity contest. Unless you had a way of removing neg reps for stupid things like "How dare you post that FOX got caught lying again!" and bullshit pos reps like "Yea! You called her a twat too!"

    Otherwise it is just a cheap pop contest.


    Actually the only person I ever neg repd was DBA. I have never neg repped CT or Rabid or even you for that matter. Get over yourself.

  16. #66
    Fuq Haters Contributor Nu Kua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Free
    Posts
    11,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    I do think it had the option to turn off the rep for your profile, and if you did that you couldn't rep anybody else. So if you volunteer for a beating you get a beating, so to speak.
    nah, you can still get a beating. All that does is turn off the brightly colored green or red dots, and replaces them with a single, sedate blue dot, the color of an oceans storm cloud.
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

  17. #67
    AO Feminazi GamerGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Age
    26
    Posts
    9,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Fut004 View Post
    I think this has be discussed already. When you get a neg rep for a retarded reason (ie. "You're a cunt"), all you have to do is hit the "report" button on the Rep and the Mods will take a look at it. If they determine that it's a valid reason the neg will stay, if they see that it's just somebody Neg-Rep'n to be a douche they can remove it, allowing you to hang on to your hard-earned green squares.


    This is how the system worked before, this is how the system can work again.
    There is no report button on reps. if so I could easily get rid of half of my neg reps. Since they are all

    "Lame!" "You're a Cunt!" "Indeed."(All from my neg rep list) If I could report them they'd all be gone.

    Case in point, same post gets several POS REPS then Anarch neg reps me for being "A bitch" So yeah, not a popularity contest at all *rolleyes*
    http://www.bartcop.com/gop-war-on-hellhath.jpg
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

  18. #68
    Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,997
    Crap. They're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

  19. #69
    Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    And as it turned out it was Blue-ray that had the queer idea to scrap it. That deserves a stoning right there.
    Ye without sin! :oP

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid1 View Post
    Not a very subtle little homophobe , are you?
    Nah... that was ok. Kind of funny actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Lighten up for goodness sake. Or do you not grasp subtle humour either. Even blue-ray would laugh at that one and he's the one used.
    Uh, yep. Did chuckle at it.

  20. #70
    FU Q 2 Contributor custompainter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,834
    Ok so I see the rep thing is back. I searched all the threads about rep and couldnt find one that broke the system down so we (me) could understand it completely. Kind of a owners manual of rep.
    Is it possible to get a manual posted? Is there a thread on the subject that I missed?
    Hep me! Hep me!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

  21. #71
    Prepared survivor Seasoned Member johnBeeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Church of God
    Posts
    688
    That's a good idea for all off you....never mind me ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Watch The Truthcaster Get a chance to ask Bro. Eli regarding the Bible and your salvation! Wisdom dictates that our being was created by an intelligent Designer with His wisdom!

  22. #72
    Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member CandyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    933
    i think its rubbish soz but u can rate a thread isnt that the same thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sarah

  23. #73
    . Contributor Fut004's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Toronto, ON. Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,341
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyGirl View Post
    i think its rubbish soz but u can rate a thread isnt that the same thing?
    Sort of. If you make a really good thread I can rate it 5/5, but if somebody posts a reply in that thread there's no way to rate their reply. That's where Rep comes in.

  24. #74
    Exiled from AO
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    937
    I've never used the rating system, or reputation system, or whatever you call it. I prefer to call people assholes to their faces, unlike the spineless leavers of nasty-grams.

    Doc Velocity

  25. #75
    The Teller Of Truths Assassin X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Away from AO
    Posts
    4,816
    Rep is so pointless. Its like getting achievements on Xbox, they mean nothing.

    BTW how are Doc and John still able to post if they are banned?!?
    AO is about one thing. Going around in loops. No one cares to learn, they only care to live inside their boxes and ignore the truth!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Site Meter