Thread: Sports are fucking stupid

Hybrid View

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member D34DGuY's Avatar

Sports are fucking stupid

All they do, is distract the masses from importaint issues, and events....

fuck sports
    "Where knowledge ends, religion begins."
    -Benjamin Disraeli-

Nah... You're 28. From ages 20-to-30 is where the 'sports hating' phase of the human experience lives. You'll pass out of it, like a fog-bank...

That doesn't mean you'll like sports, but you'll see-and-accept various truths about 'em, worldwide.
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D34DGuY View Post

fuck sports
    My brother has a basement full of every NASCAR race from the last 15 or so years. He says that he is saving them for when he has time to watch them, because he is so busy. I guess I should give him a star and smiley face for taking care of his obligations rather than sit and watch races all the time, but I should know better. He really wants to do nothing but watch these silly short lived competitions that invariably amount to nothing tangible in his own life other than having lost all that time he could have spent building a garage, or restoring a car, or spending time with his kids or something.

I agree, sports only fulfills the need in people who have no desire to be responsible in filling their time with useful endeavors. Obsessive sports watching is a sign of a very self absorbed, self serving personality.

Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Looks like somebody was the fat kid who was always picked last for kick ball...
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    Looks like somebody was the fat kid who was always picked last for kick ball...
    Good thing the majority does not hold the highest of values in life.

Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

Radioactive Serious Member
    you may think what you like but sport are fun to watch and if you get enough friends you can have some fun. sure people could do more things with there lifes but we also like to relax and enjoy something that we know we will never get into

fuck sports
    Kind of funny that sports have been around for a long, long time, eh?
    Maybe there's more to entertainment than being simple distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fut004 View Post
    Kind of funny that sports have been around for a long, long time, eh?
    Maybe there's more to entertainment than being simple distractions.
    The only thing I can believe that entertainment is useful for is a simple means of controlling masses of people who would otherwise become rebellious and riotous. Think about all the sports fanatics in the world and what they would be doing if sports vanished tomorrow? If they aren't intelligent enough to find personal productivity, they would all resort to causing trouble in society.

They say that video games is a reason that crime today isn't as bad as it should be in poverty stricken populations, because it gives idle hands something to do. Maybe entertainment does this for many people. In this respect maybe it is a necessary thing to have in society, however there are probably a minority of people who are caught up in sports who would probably benefit themselves and society well if they spent their time doing other things.

Quote Originally Posted by UVsaturated View Post
    The only thing I can believe that entertainment is useful for is a simple means of controlling masses of people who would otherwise become rebellious and riotous.
    There's a point when rebelling against the man, and assuming everything is a conspiracy becomes ridiculous. Don't you think?

I would say that most sports, games, and other random entertainment is born from the minds of people who are bored. They're not created by the government or secret organizations bent on controlling people.
    Normal people, like you and me (well, like me. You seem a little too paranoid to be called normal. Sorry), make up these games and shit, and they become popular if other people like them. Nothing more than that.

Sure corporations and all that eventually get a hold of things, and corrupt them to fulfill their greed, but the essence of entertainment is still there.

People are too intelligent to do nothing but work-rest-survive.

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member The Silence's Avatar

fuck sports
    You've got to be kidding me...

*attempts best Comic Book Guy impression*

"...worst...thread...EVER!"

Anyways, you ever pay attention to all the political hype surrounding the Olympics? Guess not...
    "If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's a slow death..."

Don't get comfortable. Contributor Goldmoon's Avatar
    Everything is here to distract you from the one important issue, whether its sports, media, etc... There is one thing they don't want you to realize, and they'll do anything to keep you occupied.

"He who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved."

Iam puppy, hear me yap. Global Moderator lycanox's Avatar

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/139/8/a/logo_by_lycanox.png

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member johnBeeone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lycanox View Post

http://redeagle1.homestead.com/files...hread_ever.jpg
    Then I replied!!!!^_^ (^^,) is not the worst thread anymore....

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member johnBeeone's Avatar
    http://kuyadanielrazon.wordpress.com...daniels-heart/

Manny Pacquiao, world-reknown international Filipino boxer

When and if Manny Pacquiao remains as an ordinary citizen and follows the vision he set for himself to achieve – that is, to help many poor Filipinos out of their miseries, he may have something to be proud of. And this feat may at least be compared to the way life has been going for Kuya Daniel Razon – best known for his massive public service endeavors, minus a public government office role (even though he won a seat).

Manny Pacquiao’s victory makes every Filipino proud. He has established a good sportsman’s stature all over the globe. He has shown his generosity and kindness by sharing some of his take home money to his fellow Filipinos.

However, recent reports have it that he is now inching to earning a place in government, after declaring bid to run as congressman in his hometown. His plans have divided people, with majority clamoring for him to stay the same man he’s been known by people – a boxer and an ordinary citizen.

One internationally-renowned writer, who commented on Manny Pacquiao’s bid to run in the 2010 Elections, calls on the international boxing sensation that being a politician is is not the way to ending our society’s misery and poverty and to helping many people.

Kuya Daniel Razon, best-known for his numerous public service efforts

Like some people with the means and resources to help, Manny thought the key to realizing his dream of rendering true public service is by earning a seat in government. And this brings to mind what Kuya Daniel Razon once said. He stressed that a government position is not a prerequisite to do public service. His advocacy, Isang Araw Lang (Just One Day), proves that there are a million ways to provide assistance for our indigent countrymen.

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnBeeone View Post

http://kuyadanielrazon.files.wordpre...pg?w=150&h=150

When and if Manny Pacquiao remains as an ordinary citizen and follows the vision he set for himself to achieve – that is, to help many poor Filipinos out of their miseries, he may have something to be proud of. And this feat may at least be compared to the way life has been going for Kuya Daniel Razon – best known for his massive public service endeavors, minus a public government office role (even though he won a seat).

Manny Pacquiao’s victory makes every Filipino proud. He has established a good sportsman’s stature all over the globe. He has shown his generosity and kindness by sharing some of his take home money to his fellow Filipinos.

However, recent reports have it that he is now inching to earning a place in government, after declaring bid to run as congressman in his hometown. His plans have divided people, with majority clamoring for him to stay the same man he’s been known by people – a boxer and an ordinary citizen.

One internationally-renowned writer, who commented on Manny Pacquiao’s bid to run in the 2010 Elections, calls on the international boxing sensation that being a politician is is not the way to ending our society’s misery and poverty and to helping many people.

He is an amazing fighter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_P...garito#Results

And a nice guy:

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    In the post-fight interview, Pacquiao was asked if he held back during the last round, and Pacquiao said he just let the 3 minutes run out and that "Boxing is not for killing" . Pacquiao also stated "I did not want to damage him permanently. That's not what boxing is about." When asked about his thoughts about a fight with Floyd Mayweather, Jr., Pacquiao simply replied that he did not need Mayweather, and that if it happened, it would be good for both of them and boxing's fans.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

Dead Meat
    Quote Originally Posted by johnBeeone View Post

Kuya Daniel Razon, best-known for his numerous public service efforts

Like some people with the means and resources to help, Manny thought the key to realizing his dream of rendering true public service is by earning a seat in government. And this brings to mind what Kuya Daniel Razon once said. He stressed that a government position is not a prerequisite to do public service. His advocacy, Isang Araw Lang (Just One Day), proves that there are a million ways to provide assistance for our indigent countrymen.
    manny is a good fighter at alll times...

Thread Information