Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.N.: HIV Cases Hit Record High in 2003

DIE! By my hand! Administrator MetalMilitia's Avatar

U.N.: HIV Cases Hit Record High in 2003

Disable These Ads!
    LONDON - New HIV infections hit a record high last year as the virus continues to outpace the global effort to contain it, according to a U.N. report published Tuesday.

The number of people living with the AIDS virus has risen in every region of the world. Last year, 5 million people became infected - more than in any single year since the crisis began. Nine out of 10 who urgently need treatment are not getting it and prevention is still only reaching one in five people who should have it, the report said.

"The virus is running faster than all of us," UNAIDS chief Dr. Peter Piot told The Associated Press. The agency compiles a global AIDS report every two years.

This year's report provides the most accurate picture yet of HIV's march across the planet. It says new epidemics seem to be spreading unchecked in Eastern Europe and Asia. To tackle the pandemic, $12 billion a year is needed by next year, instead of the $10 billion that was predicted earlier.

In more revised estimates based on better information than was previously available, the U.N. AIDS agency figures that about 38 million people are infected. Until now, experts had put the ranks of the HIV afflicted at about 40 million.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ds_5&printer=1

Global epidemic... should this thing ever mutate or find an alternate way to to infect... yikes....

-MM-
    Email : webmaster (-at-) armageddononline (-dot-) org or click here.

Prophet Contributor

population control??

Natures population control, I dont mean to sound mean or heartless but the virus takes 3 million lives a year. "Understand" that if it was someone close to me or even myself with the sickness, It wouldnt change my personal views on this.

*Natures population control providing it came from Nature
    Last edited by 40oz; Jul 7th, 2004 at 12:45 AM.

/me remembers the Stallone movie where they had "intercourse" through computers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAce
    * DarkAce remembers the Stallone movie where they had "intercourse" through computers.
    On the day that becomes possible, I will be one happy man.

Underground Joker Contributor MacRasta's Avatar
    I heard HIV came from monkeys????

MacSmile
    This is inspector Clueseau speeking on the pheune ...

Thou shalt not bitch!! Contributor dutchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 40oz
    Natures population control, I dont mean to sound mean or heartless but the virus takes 3 million lives a year. "Understand" that if it was someone close to me or even myself with the sickness, It wouldnt change my personal views on this.

*Natures population control providing it came from Nature
    I don't want to sound mean or heartless, but I lost some personal friends to this desease, and I would almost hope that you would have to swallow your words by following them in the same way. No, you don't want to sound heartless, but IMO you're a liar, and a heartless bastard liar at that. :pyth:

I am almost certain AIDS was a man-made virus. We very probably did this to ourselves. Millions and millions of people are dying in a terrible way, and you have the heart to say that this is nature's way of regulating overpopulation?!? Maybe you think the same way about the holocaust!??
    - If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your parents, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT. (Zappa)

Prophet Contributor

About time

Quote Originally Posted by dutchie
    I don't want to sound mean or heartless, but I lost some personal friends to this desease, and I would almost hope that you would have to swallow your words by following them in the same way. No, you don't want to sound heartless, but IMO you're a liar, and a heartless bastard liar at that. :pyth:

I am almost certain AIDS was a man-made virus. We very probably did this to ourselves. Millions and millions of people are dying in a terrible way, and you have the heart to say that this is nature's way of regulating overpopulation?!? Maybe you think the same way about the holocaust!??
    I have to be perfectly honest, I have been waiting for a personal attack from you the very day I started to post here. Very predictable. Funny how aids was the touchy subject that brought it on though. What ever dood, And no the holocaust was a sick mans population control. HIV however was a a species jumping virus, whether it had the help of man. not sure.

*A little side note, There are a number of ways to ensure you dont contract HIV. Its well known, IF one gets HIV after the knowledge we have then there is no one to blame whether its man made or nature. Actually the way it came about or reason its here isnt important, The important thing is to NOT get it. There are clear guidelines as to HOW to protect yourself, So if you are living with HIV then 1. your careless. 2.You dont give a shit whether you get it. 3.Your stupid as a bag of noodles.

*I understand there are those off chances to an individual may contract HIV via blood transfusions, rape, or even being born with it. Which would negate my prior sentence.
    Last edited by 40oz; Jul 7th, 2004 at 10:02 AM.

I have to be perfectly honest, I have been waiting for a personal attack from you the very day I started to post here. Very predictable. Funny how aids was the touchy subject that brought it on though. What ever dood, And no the holocaust was a sick mans population control. HIV however was a a species jumping virus, whether it had the help of man. not sure.

*A little side note, There are a number of ways to ensure you dont contract HIV. Its well known, IF one gets HIV after the knowledge we have then there is no one to blame whether its man made or nature. Actually the way it came about or reason its here isnt important, The important thing is to NOT get it. There are clear guidelines as to HOW to protect yourself, So if you are living with HIV then 1. your careless. 2.You dont give a shit whether you get it. 3.Your stupid as a bag of noodles.

*I understand there are those off chances to an individual may contract HIV via blood transfusions, rape, or even being born with it. Which would negate my prior sentence.
    You were expecting a personal attack from me?? What a great insight!! Oh, you're a great judge of character, you!! Bullshit!! You just asked for it, you begged for it!! IF you post crap like that, you can expect me to fry you..

And in your post you take back on the throttle, as if you did not post as before.. Just wait until I really get personal!!
    - If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your parents, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT. (Zappa)

Queen of Blades Global Moderator Diamond Dragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAce
    * DarkAce remembers the Stallone movie where they had "intercourse" through computers.
    Hehehe, Demolition Man, It was hilarious when he freaked out about putting that helmet on.
    "Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts." Bernard Baruch

Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor lotrfan55345's Avatar
    I liked that movie! (Demolition Man) - Hanvn't seen it for a long time.

IMHO, after reading that long AIDS debate thread last summer, I have also come to the conclusion that AIDS is manmade. "Stupider than a bag of noodles" ... If your a teen (or close to it), you have the highest sex drive in any time of your life. That "need" for "it" is in first priority. It just pushes away logic. Any way of contolling this urge without aging and/or getting castrated?

Quote Originally Posted by lotrfan55345
    If your a teen (or close to it), you have the highest sex drive in any time of your life. That "need" for "it" is in first priority. It just pushes away logic. Any way of contolling this urge without aging and/or getting castrated?
    Ahem, I am not a teen and my "drive" isnt much different as when I was in high school alooooooooooong time ago. The only real change is my attitude about it. I like it so much more now.

Waiting out the urges and thinking with a clear head is the best thing you can do. Nothing is more annoying to a gal of around your age to know is the zipper dropped from an urge rather than her being the most precious thing on the face of the planet. Im certainly not encouraging you to get your carrot wet, but if you do you better tarp that load or Ill be warming up the paddle young man!

Seriously though, your attitude of sex and mine are polar opposites. In comparison, I enjoy it much more now than making that "score" when I was younger. I dont have all the politics hanging over my head as you do. What I did have then was some strange virus going about and labeled as a "gay" thing. No one wanted to talk about HIV and it was spreading like wild fire. The only difference between then and now is that it is much more prevelant among heterosexuals now and people who get it are living longer due to the drugs available. That is still not prevention nor a cure.

If and when you decide to take the plunge remember this, you arent just having sexual relations with your partner, you are also having them with anyone they have been with as well. Thats the bottom line truth, not a scare tactic.

Dont hedge all your bets on condoms either. They can break and they dont cover everything.
    "Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts." Bernard Baruch

Radioactive Serious Member

A couple of points and observations

# 1 I hate to see things get so personal at times but gawdam do some people ask for it or what?

AIDS is a terrible way to die and I truly feel sorry for those affected (families etc) BUT the fact remains that for the vast majority of those in the West who have been infected it IS their own damn stupid fault. Furthermore all these anti0viral cocktails that slow down the buildup of the virus and thus prolong life? BAD IDEA!
    All it does is allow these infected people to infect more people. Not everyone who is being kept alive is completely irresponsible but even the epidemiologists have now admited that that is the "downside" to keeping these people alive for so long.

Whoever suggested that AIDS is MAN MADE is an idiot. WTF do you suppose they've hidden the lab and all the virologists who made? Try LOGIC instead of plain dumbass comments for a change (see above). We have been trying to deal with AIDS now since about 1978! If the BEST medical researchers in the world today are still stymied by this bug you've got to ask yourself ("How dumb AM I?") where and under what circumstances did some government (most TWITS bash the States for this) put together a team of virologists who were 30 YEARS ahead of everybody else on the planet when it comes to gene sequencing and engineering. The smartest researchers TODAY backed by BILLIONS of dollars in research money still don't know WHAT exactly the AIDS virus does let alone HOW and you're saying 30 years ago it was designed, engineered and introduced into humans. DUH.

Reading the UN reports is an interesting lesson in simple MATH too. They say that worldwide the infections are at around 40,000,000 (40 Millions). In the next para they mention some of the countries in Africa and Asia where the infection rate is running 30%++ of the general pop. You go to the CIA web site on world facts and read the pop of that contry and damned if HALF of the worldwide UN figures on TOTAL infections aren't in just one or two countries.

The 40 Million figure is just a fraction of the real number. I don't blame them for doing that. I mean do any of you think OUR government would come out and tell us that 40% of the western nations have incpient MAD COW desease? Parts of Africa are almost complete anarchy now. Can you imagine if the MAJORITY of people knew they were going to get sick and die in the next 2 to 5 years. What was left of society and order would disappear. Probably the same in the west if that info was released.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.G
    Whoever suggested that AIDS is MAN MADE is an idiot. WTF do you suppose they've hidden the lab and all the virologists who made?
    Considering that the young person who made that statement did so with the knowledge skills of youth, thats a pretty harsh judgement. Why not try educating (at his level) rather than including putting him down?

Try LOGIC instead of plain dumbass comments for a change (see above).
    Goes with the above while considering the source.

Prophet Contributor

Well said

I only hope "SOME" ppl dont think the black plague and the common cold are man made. The Only Sure way to Survive the AIDS pandemic is.............. Dont get it!

I only hope "SOME" ppl dont think the black plague and the common cold are man made. The Only Sure way to Survive the AIDS pandemic is.............. Dont get it!
    Im glad you edited that. Bashing young people while educating them isnt exactly a responsible "style". That is, unless said young person gets all hostile in the same manner as above.

Radioactive Serious Member
    Take a deep breath Noquiso. You're still mad at me for that Buffalo Jump thing.
    MoooooooooSPPUULLAAAAAAAAT!!

As far as AIDS being blamed on those damn Yanquees ... get off the self righteous indignation. How often have you heard older people including all the people who KNOW EVERYTHING in Hollywood make that claim? I've had people tell me that in Canada, read article after article where the nimnuts writer was making allegations that "the Americans" were probably responsible." Even CNN has made innuendoes about who "created" AIDS.

My point, irregardless of who made it, was to use some logic. I don't care how young, old, stupid or brilliant a person is. This is an often repeated claim and simply flies in the face of simple LOGIC. ANYBODY can figure it out if they just stop and think for a sec. How the hell did a team of genetic engineers create something that 30 YEARS later the best minds on the planet backed by billions of dollars in grant research money can't figure out.

As far as bashing the young - OH and like I'm supposed to ask everybody how old they are before I post?? ... besides since when are they immune from criticism especially on an open forum like this. If they want to make a stupid statement it should be pointed out why and how stupid it is. Personally when I was younger having an argument shot down in flames just made me read more when I realized I didn't know everything - UNlike some people in here.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.G
    Take a deep breath Noquiso. You're still mad at me for that Buffalo Jump thing.
    Your arrogance far outweighs any appearance of intelligence you may have had. Interesting that you seem capable of doing my thinking for me since you are nowhere near me.

My point, irregardless of who made it, was to use some logic. I don't care how young, old, stupid or brilliant a person is.
    Yes, maybe I do the the logic in the language used in your post. What amazing brilliance to call him an idiot!

As far as bashing the young - OH and like I'm supposed to ask everybody how old they are before I post?? ... besides since when are they immune from criticism especially on an open forum like this. If they want to make a stupid statement it should be pointed out why and how stupid it is. Personally when I was younger having an argument shot down in flames just made me read more when I realized I didn't know everything - UNlike some people in here.
    Dont punish me for your lack of language skills, I mearly pointed out the ignorance of it towards a younger person. If you cant do your homework before posting thats your problem. You certainly are capable (or so I thought) of educating someone without vomiting on them.

I had also pointed out that if said young one resorted to the same then it left him wide open to it being commented on as well. Something that appears to have escaped you. Interesting that you are so quick to defend the ignorance you posted in another thread while bashing someone in this one for the same. While I had originally posted in a diplomatic manner it was YOU who resorted to all manner of dramatics in retort, the same as you are doing here. Its an amazing amount of maturity displayed on your part. Rather than using a teachable moment, you grasp colorful metaphors and bash any possible respect towards your views.

I agree that HIV is not man made but it most certainly has been man spread.

I am still not convinced HIV is a natural virus. I read a lengthy paper some time ago by a famous Dutch virologist, who said that there is some compelling evidence against the virus being natural. For the most part it was too technical to be understood, but the crux was that the virus is remarkeably "intelligent" in the way it attacks cells and the immune system.

The notion that HIV/AIDS is a great "tool" of nature to flush out unwanted elements and to regulate populationgrowth is a horrible one. Especially to those who lost people to this horror.

And it is soooo simple just to shout: "own fault, hahahaha!!!". A friend of mine got it from being stabbed with a dirty knife by a junkie. Thanks.

I have a friend who got it from a blood transfusion. He was a "bleeder"(hemophiliac) and got dirty blood before they started screening it. He made it to the "dead in 10" years mark and then passed away. I have another freind who has it and has been living a good and productive life for over 15 years now because of research and medication.

Seemed like the proper moment to change my Avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by dutchie
    Seemed like the proper moment to change my Avatar...
    Thats hilarious Dutchie! Bahahahaa!

Heheheheh, cool, huh?? Think I'll wear it with pride for some time to come.

Just as long as they are using condoms.

Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor lotrfan55345's Avatar
    Oh, DN, I don't hate sex! Though I dont plan on "taking the plunge" after getting married.

If you wait until that long, all the fun dies out by then :/

Btw, make sure you spray lemon juice all over your 'target', because apparently it stops aids.

http://www.profileafrica.com/Search139a.htm

Dr. Short said in the Mail & Guardian article that, “We have shown that 20% lemon juice (final concentration) in human semen irreversibly immobilises 100% of sperm in less than 30 seconds. A similar concentration also rapidly inactivates HIV. Thus intra-vaginal lemon juice might provide a cheap, readily available and extremely effective way of stopping the sexual transmission of HIV, whilst also providing contraception."

Thread Information