Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not My God

Don't get comfortable. Contributor Goldmoon's Avatar
    Disable These Ads!
    You can make up your own god in your mind all as you want,

But that won't stop The LORD of heaven's armies (The God of the Bible) from coming to this planet.

"He who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved."

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon View Post
    You can make up your own god in your mind all as you want,

But that won't stop The LORD of heaven's armies (The God of the Bible) from coming to this planet.
    Maybe, maybe not. But I wasn't serious about Islam. I was only responding because AssX was using a form of Pascal's Wager, which would be a good idea if Christianity was the ONLY religion on the planet. The truth of the matter is that there is an equally valid version of Pascal's Wager for Islam (and every other religion that has a hell). The point is, if the logic behind Pascal's Wager is valid for Christianity, it must also be valid for Islam. But then that invalidates the logic itself, for how do you know which one is the true religion?

If you are of any semblance of intelligence, you realize that the entire question quickly spirals into nothing but a giant wheel of fortune where no matter what you do you are taking a very real risk of pissing of God by choosing the wrong religion. If hundreds of religions have a hell, then by refusing to convert to ANY of them because you have chosen one at the expense of any of the others, you are risking going to hell (since you don't KNOW for sure which is right).

Once again, if the logic behind Pascal's wager is valid for Christianity, it is also valid for Islam, which of course turns the entire argument into a joke.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member johnBeeone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. .................................................. .................................................. ..........Once again, if the logic behind Pascal's wager is valid for Christianity, it is also valid for Islam, which of course turns the entire argument into a joke.

Many Thanks Cart...^_^ Thank you very much.....You have justified it Concretely

Job 15:2
    2 Does a wise man answer with blustery knowledge, or fill his belly with the east wind?
    3 ​​​​​​​Does he argue with useless talk, with words that have no value in them?

Colossians 2:2-3

2 My goal is that their hearts, having been knit together in love, may be encouraged, and that they may have all the riches that assurance brings in their understanding of the knowledge of the mystery of God, namely, Christ,

3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Hello Everybody Good Morning I'm very fine here from the Country "Pearl of the Orient" Philippines...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Watch The Truthcaster Get a chance to ask Bro. Eli regarding the Bible and your salvation! Wisdom dictates that our being was created by an intelligent Designer with His wisdom!

Radioactive Serious Member
    My God and my relationship with Him is unique to me and my understanding of Him. My salvation is not dependent on any other individual's beliefs.

Relationship and understanding Alone - cannot save your soul....

Eccl 12:13
    ​​​​​​​Having heard everything, I have reached this conclusion: Fear God and keep his commandments, because this is the whole duty of man.

Eccl 12:14

​​​​​​​For God will evaluate every deed, including every secret thing, whether good or evil.

Heb 11:7

By faith Noah, when he was warned about things not yet seen, with reverent regard constructed an ark for the deliverance of his family.

Through faith he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.

(Jas 2:26 )
    For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Watch The Truthcaster Get a chance to ask Bro. Eli regarding the Bible and your salvation! Wisdom dictates that our being was created by an intelligent Designer with His wisdom!

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldBly View Post
    My salvation is not dependent on any other individual's beliefs.
    Amen to that........Its not dependant on your own opinion either....
    And those castles made of sand,
    fall into the sea.....................
    eventually.

SO~! ^_^ I, Jeff and Donald

We believe that only the Bible or the Holy Scriptures,
    Composed of 66 inspired books,

Teaches the full wisdom of God for the salvation of man and that no other book should be used as basis for serving God and Christ Jesus

(Romans 1:16-17; 2:16; Galatians 1:8-9; 2 Thessalonians 1:1-9; John 20:31; Isaiah. 34:16; John 5:39).

Quote Originally Posted by johnBeeone View Post
    SO~! ^_^ I, Jeff and Donald

We believe that only the Bible or the Holy Scriptures,
    Composed of 66 inspired books, Teaches the full wisdom of God for the salvation of man and that no other book should be used as basis for serving God and Christ Jesus
    It appears that we all adhere to the Scriptures, but we interpret that infomation so differently...dont we ? God help the lot of us.
    And those castles made of sand,
    fall into the sea.....................
    eventually.

Yup that is right ^_^

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness, for we do not know how we should pray, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with inexpressible groanings. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes on behalf of the saints according to God’s will. And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose,

1 Cor 7:20 Let each one remain in that situation in life in which he was called

(Col 1:10)
    so that you may live worthily of the Lord and please him in all respects – bearing fruit in every good deed, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might for the display of all patience and steadfastness, joyfully

Thread Information