Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: The historical integrity of the Bible.

Disable These Ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningishiddza View Post
    If the Kingdom of Israel is destroyed, the “bible” you’re reading now NEVER EXISTS. Who knows what you’d be reading. In fact, Christianity might not ever have existed, because there would have been no Essenes.
    I know you are waiting with bated breath for Israel to be wiped off the map.

Not going to happen!

After the coming events you may still claim God is the bad guy because he did not back the side you wanted but you will not be saying that God does not exist.
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member Truth Files's Avatar
    "If the Kingdom of Israel is destroyed, the “bible” you’re reading now NEVER EXISTS. Who knows what you’d be reading. In fact, Christianity might not ever have existed, because there would have been no Essenes."

>This is exactly what the devil sings ..... so does Ning

### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David "Truth Fled" Koresh
    "If the Kingdom of Israel is destroyed, the “bible” you’re reading now NEVER EXISTS. Who knows what you’d be reading. In fact, Christianity might not ever have existed, because there would have been no Essenes."

>This is exactly what the devil sings ..... so does Ning
    And your evidence of that is what? Your claims?

That quote is from Israeli biblical scholars, who are very well respected. You might want to actually step into the 21st Century and look at recent archaeological finds, you know, like the ones that name Asherah as Yahweh's consort.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

Don't get comfortable. Contributor Goldmoon's Avatar
    The spirit of Antichrist is doing everything it can to pervert the sound and wholesome biblical truths.

But even so, people are still coming to Christ, because they are being taught by the Holy Spirit. They are giving their lives up to Jesus Christ, denying the SELF, and man's ways.

He is holy, and He conquers all.

"He who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved."

Oh crap here goes one of those demons again. Why have you not ignored us?

lalalalalalalalalalalal *fingers in ears*

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon View Post
    The spirit of Antichrist is doing everything it can to pervert the sound and wholesome biblical truths.

You have a great out with that. No matter what someone says or presents you can just claim its satan and ignore it.

If some humans have been able to corrupt the word and act in evil ways using the excuse of God why do you think your version is immune? Is it that the voices in your head tell you your right.

But even so, people are still coming to Christ, because they are being taught by the Holy Spirit. They are giving their lives up to Jesus Christ, denying the SELF, and man's ways.
    No I think more people are turning away and its because of logic (or lack thereof) like yours from believers. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world so does that make them right?

He is holy, and He conquers all.
    You sir are correct
    Allah u Akbar (God is great) and yes that is the God of Abraham..... remember Ishmael?
    Be Impeccable with Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

Now I know why pain is lost and without hope

He worships the impersonal "god" Allah .... "the moon god" of the ancient pre-Islamic Babylonians

There is no salvation in your "god" pain, in fact Allah does not even exist .... a figment of pagan imagination

Satan is the one hiding behind your ficticious "god"

This is why you can not find your creator

You are looking in the wrong place

Mohammud was a false prophet

Seek Jesus Christ and He will save you .... and when you do and He does .... you will know it

There is no other way

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Files View Post

He worships the impersonal "god" Allah .... "the moon god" of the ancient pre-Islamic Babylonians

There is no salvation in your "god" pain, in fact Allah does not even exist .... a figment of pagan imagination

Wow. I don't even...

No my friend, MaxPain does NOT worship Allah, nor does he follow the Islamic faith. He was trying to make a point that you obviously missed.

Is it too much to ask people to THINK before they respond to someone?

Seek Jesus Christ and He will save you .... and when you do and He does .... you will know it

There is no other way
    Such fail.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

"If the Kingdom of Israel is destroyed"

>Not gona happen

>Ning's wishfull thinking

Let the Lord speak:

Jeremiah
    30:3 For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.

30:4 And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.

30:5 For thus saith the LORD; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace.

30:6 Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?

30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it.

30:8 For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:

30:9 But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.

30:10 Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.

30:11 For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet I will not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.

30:12 For thus saith the LORD, Thy bruise is incurable, and thy wound is grievous.

30:13 There is none to plead thy cause, that thou mayest be bound up: thou hast no healing medicines.

30:14 All thy lovers have forgotten thee; they seek thee not; for I have wounded thee with the wound of an enemy, with the chastisement of a cruel one, for the multitude of thine iniquity; because thy sins were increased.

30:15 Why criest thou for thine affliction? thy sorrow is incurable for the multitude of thine iniquity: because thy sins were increased, I have done these things unto thee.

30:16 Therefore all they that devour thee shall be devoured; and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; and they that spoil thee shall be a spoil, and all that prey upon thee will I give for a prey.

30:17 For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.

30:18 Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will bring again the captivity of Jacob's tents, and have mercy on his dwellingplaces; and the city shall be builded upon her own heap, and the palace shall remain after the manner thereof.

30:19 And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.

30:20 Their children also shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shall be established before me, and I will punish all that oppress them.

30:21 And their nobles shall be of themselves, and their governor shall proceed from the midst of them; and I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me: for who is this that engaged his heart to approach unto me? saith the LORD.

30:22 And ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

30:23 Behold, the whirlwind of the LORD goeth forth with fury, a continuing whirlwind: it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked.

30:24 The fierce anger of the LORD shall not return, until he hath done it, and until he have performed the intents of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it.

### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    "If the Kingdom of Israel is destroyed"

>Not gona happen

>Ning's wishfull thinking.
    Did you even read what I wrote? I guess it's beyond your 6th grade comprehension.

“Had Israel survived, we might have received a parallel, competing, and very different history. But with the Assyrian destruction of Samaria and the dismantling of its institutions of royal power, any such competing histories were silenced. Though prophets and priests from the north very likely joined the flow of refugees to find shelter in the cities and towns of Judah, biblical history would henceforth be written by the winners—or at least the survivors—and it would be fashioned exclusively according to the late Judahite Deuteronomistic beliefs….” (from Finklestein and Silberman).
    Finklestein and Silberman are referring to the Kingdom of Israel that was destroyed, unless you're claiming it wasn't, and that would contradict your scriptures.

So, are you? Contradicting your own scriptures?

If the Kingdom of Israel is destroyed, the “bible” you’re reading now NEVER EXISTS. Who knows what you’d be reading. In fact, Christianity might not ever have existed, because there would have been no Essenes.
    And above I paraphrased the remaining research. You have two competing sets of scriptures, the "E" texts from the Kingdom of Israel, and the "J" texts from the Kingdom of Judah.

When the Kingdom of Israel is destroyed, the Northern elite flee to Judah, where they dominate and take control of most of the administration of Judah and they control the religion and the E and J texts are merged into a single set of texts.

How do we know? Because the smallest town in the Kingdom of Israel was larger than Jerusalem, which was a podunk backwater town of about 12 acres and maybe 1,000 to 1,200 people.

After the destruction of Israel, Jerusalem suddenly increased in size to more than 100 acres and a population approaching 20,000 people, and the vast overwhelming majority were from the North.

So the whole point is that if Israel is never destroyed, then the "E" and "J" texts are never merged, and the bible that you have today never exists.
    This White House photograph is made available for publication by news organizations or personal use printing by the subject(s) of the photograph. The photograph may not be manipulated in any way and may not be used in commercial or political materials, advertisements, emails, products, promotions that suggests approval or endorsement of the President, the First Family, or the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningishiddza View Post
    Did you even read what I wrote? I guess it's beyond your 6th grade comprehension.

Finklestein and Silberman are referring to the Kingdom of Israel that was destroyed, unless you're claiming it wasn't, and that would contradict your scriptures.

So, are you? Contradicting your own scriptures?

And above I paraphrased the remaining research. You have two competing sets of scriptures, the "E" texts from the Kingdom of Israel, and the "J" texts from the Kingdom of Judah.

When the Kingdom of Israel is destroyed, the Northern elite flee to Judah, where they dominate and take control of most of the administration of Judah and they control the religion and the E and J texts are merged into a single set of texts.

How do we know? Because the smallest town in the Kingdom of Israel was larger than Jerusalem, which was a podunk backwater town of about 12 acres and maybe 1,000 to 1,200 people.

After the destruction of Israel, Jerusalem suddenly increased in size to more than 100 acres and a population approaching 20,000 people, and the vast overwhelming majority were from the North.

So the whole point is that if Israel is never destroyed, then the "E" and "J" texts are never merged, and the bible that you have today never exists.
    And that is wishful thinking. Right at that point I chuck it all out. It's quite obvious you really haven't a clue.

And as for this statement

That quote is from Israeli biblical scholars, who are very well respected. You might want to actually step into the 21st Century and look at recent archaeological finds, you know, like the ones that name Asherah as Yahweh's consort.
    The modern common name is Astaroth. Often depicted as the queen of heaven but is nothing more than another pagan god that got her butt kicked, OFTEN

God creates life that is bisexual and which reproduces that way but God does not. His creation is his method of producing. He himself is not sexual in nature in any way shape or form. He is spirit as in nothing exists outside of himself, good or evil all is under his authority because he is the one holding it all together.
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

There is no other way
    But they claim that they worship the God of Abraham and that Christians and Jews are people of the book and also can go to heaven (unlike the other heathens). Allah u Akbar simply means God is great so why have you blasphemed God Truth Files? Do you not think God is great?
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximumPain View Post
    But they claim that they worship the God of Abraham and that Christians and Jews are people of the book and also can go to heaven (unlike the other heathens). Allah u Akbar simply means God is great so why have you blasphemed God Truth Files? Do you not think God is great?
    MP, he believes that you are a Muslim. How on earth do you expect him to follow you on this one?
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    MP, he believes that you are a Muslim. How on earth do you expect him to follow you on this one?
    I didn't I knew he would post the ignorant answer and call Muslims pagans.

Sorry for the blatant troll.
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

There are many ways used to corrupt and or refute the validity of the Bible and the claims made therein …. both within professing Christianity and without

One of them is to attack the authenticity of the Lord’s preserved Word by suggesting that it has been mistranslated and changed by human incompetence and or manipulation

….. one of satan’s favorite tricks

The next move is to then raise doubts about any and everything contained in His Word including the need and remedy for one’s salvation

Those who are believers and those who are considering the opportunity need to know that this behavior is a total ruse and a deliberate deception by those who engage in discrediting the Lord’s Word

He has preserved His message even unto this day and will lead all who seek Him into all truth contained in His written Word regardless of any minor variances in human language translation

Those serious students of the Bible who have been called to teach the scriptures know this and are able to contend with others who breed doubt by deceptive practice and leading the unwary away from the Lord’s Word

He has preserved exactly what He wants to convey in a precise and congruent form which can be fully understood and rendered correctly by the spirit led believer

The Bible is not a collection of human ideas riddled with random error …. if it was, then there would be no assurance of its authentication as the Word of the living God …. which it claims to be and is

Do not be deceived by those who spread satan’s lie and the related human intransigence toward the Lord

1Peter
    5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour

Don't get comfortable. Contributor Goldmoon's Avatar
    Maxpain: But they claim that they worship the God of Abraham and that Christians and Jews are people of the book and also can go to heaven (unlike the other heathens). Allah u Akbar simply means God is great so why have you blasphemed God Truth Files? Do you not think God is great?
    We don't worship the same God as muslims.. Yahweh is the living God. His ways are manifest by His fruit as well...

Most of the world in the coming "One World Religion" will say there are many ways to the same god, and that we all worship the same god. All religions will join it, it will be headed by the pope.

But the true followers of Christ won't, because they know the truth, and eventually the beast's system will make war with the remnant of Christ.

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him power to make war with the saints, and to overcome them, and to kill them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
    A law will be enacted where it the government will be able to kill followers of Christ if they refuse to recieve the mark of the beast.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

"He who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved."

:Maxpain: But they claim that they worship the God of Abraham and that Christians and Jews are people of the book and also can go to heaven (unlike the other heathens). Allah u Akbar simply means God is great so why have you blasphemed God Truth Files? Do you not think God is great?:

>I don't buy your attempt to manipulate by faulty logic here .... you are side stepping the issue

..... and why would you pretend to know and support a "christian" and or "muslim" view when in fact you have stated many times over on this forum that you are not a believer in the first place and that you doubt the authinticity of the scriptures?

>Here is what I know .... without a doubt:

John
    1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

2Peter
    1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Revelation
    1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

>Your muslim connection refutes this truth hands down .... these say that God has no Son

..... do you?

>Your first mistake is your refutation of the Lord's inspired Word and until you change this position He will never show you a thing
    Last edited by Truth Files; Jun 25th, 2010 at 11:47 AM.

Why is your book more accurate then theirs? They claim to worship the God of Abraham and even call Jesus a prophet (but not the actual son of God). What is your basis for calling them pagans?

Apparently recognizing bullshit is a mortal sin. Who would have know?
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

Muslims deny Jesus Christ as the Son of God and also His sacrifice for sin and the need for it

This thinking is directly opposite of what the scriptures of the Bible teach

It is also the Lord Himself who has defined the offset between Isaac and Ishmael .... and Jacob and Esau .... this stand off is still true today and is supported by the scriptures of the Bible .... the Koran tells exactly the opposite story

It is Isaac and Jacob and their descendants [Israel] who have the birth rights to the land and the covenants of the Lord as the Bible clearly teaches

It is the other descendants of Abraham, the adherents of Islam, who have already lost the game and the scriptures tell of the judgments that are coming against them for their behavior against the Lord

So guess who inspired Mohammud and who has deceived the millions of the adherents of Islam

Who will you choose .... Jesus christ .... or satan?

Thereis no company between the followers of Jesus Christ and those who have chosen Islam

Here is what I will tell you and then we will end this dialogue:

You are fighting against the Lord regardless of what you believe and you are a very distraught and angry individual

Your demeanor displays this and your argumentation and crass and vulgar language reveals much about you

There is only one hope for you and that is for you to seek and gain a relationship with Jesus Christ .... you must choose to this

If you do not you will continue in your lost condition and you will ultimately perish .... believe it or not

..... not my evaluation, but that of the Lord Himself .... I am just warning you

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Files
    Muslims deny Jesus Christ as the Son of God and also His sacrifice for sin and the need for it
    But they acknowledge him as a great man. Which is much more than you would expect for a religion that is "demonic" by your standards.

Islam is obviously not that bad.

Also, I'm not sure why attacking islam is relevant to the "Historical Integrity of the Bible."
    Poetry is superior to history -Aristotle
    True time is four dimensional -Heidegger
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players -Shakespeare

"But they acknowledge him as a great man."

>Not good enough according to the scriptures of the Bible

..... and I must tell you that Islam attempts to refute the integrity of the Bible on all fronts

>I would suggest that you spend some time learning why this is true

>Do you know who Jesus Christ is?

>How does the Bible describe Him?

>Do you know anything about Mohammud and his Koranic teachings?

>Is Jesus Christ more than just a "great man" according to scripture?

>Tell me your account and give examples of scripture

>What kind of a guy was Mohhammud and how credible do you think he was?

>Islam is one of the most overt "anti-christ" [against Jesus Christ] religions on the earth

..... and any religious persuasion that refutes biblical truths is "bad"

>Of course if you do not believe the Bible is what it claims to be, then it really does not make any difference to you

..... but I would suggest that you seek the Lord Jesus Christ and His salvation ..... and if you seriously do this your entire perspective will be transformed

>Then you will understand why there are man made religions that can lead you away, deceive you, and ultimately destroy you

>Jesus said there is only "one way" acceptable for human redemption ..... not any others

>Do you know what He has said about this issue?

>Find out and then tell me

>He is either right .... or He is wrong .... there is no middle ground

.... and you must choose who you will follow
    Last edited by Truth Files; Jun 28th, 2010 at 10:08 PM.

Mike Huckabee is a politician who wishes to change the U.S. constitution to reflect biblical law in a christian theocratic government. He does not have my respect. In that regard, imagine the man, who derives excitement at the thought that the rapture will wipe out all semitic peoples who don't bow to his brand of religio-political authority, saying the following, from an interview in the New Yorker:

Other members of the group politely admitted that they had no doubt that most Israelis, and anyone else who had not accepted Christ as Lord and Saviour, would be spending eternity in Hell. (“That is an issue,” a man named Randy Rebold told me apologetically.) Huckabee’s formulation is considerably more politic. “If somebody asked me, How do I get to Heaven, I would tell them that the only way I personally am aware of is faith in Christ, because I believe the New Testament,” he said. “That’s the only map I got. Somebody says, Well, I got a different map. O.K.! You know what? If it works, I’m not going to argue with you.”
    Very well said.

Thread Information