Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Post Your Dreams Here" Thread

Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor AnneOminous's Avatar

The "Post Your Dreams Here" Thread

Disable These Ads!
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'd presumably made a night-landing at the King Ranch (probably via The Songbird). The ranch seemed deserted. I was walking along the porch of the main bunkhouse when a hand-holding-a-bottle smashed-through a window, then dropped the bottle shatteringly onto the porch.

-Unspeakably stark and terrifying. But signifying nothing except that my genetic-makeup only allows me to remember around .05% of dreams.

Iam puppy, hear me yap. Contributor lycanox's Avatar
    Hmm, the previous one must have been deleted in the crash last year.
    Ill sticky this one instead.
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/139/8/a/logo_by_lycanox.png

I frequently dream of discovering secret rooms in a house, or sometimes even my own. Just the other night I dreamed I found a whole set of cabinets I never knew I had, and I turned to my partner and said "Why aren't we using these?" I awoke still partially asleep and came into the kitchen, looking for those cabinets, it seemed so real!

But the secret room are the best. Usually I'm already in an upstairs room, and the decor is like early American-Victorian, as in old west a little. I frequently smell roses and sometimes smell/hear/sense a river close-by. Then, usually a person asks if I want to see more and a door will appear, or the person will move a curtain back, and the door is always small and short. Always, I have to scrunch down to get through it, frequently having to maneuver or crawl down a narrow hallway, and then VOILA! it opens up to a beautiful hidden room, full of little treasures displayed and very old books. I often pick up a book and leaf through it, usually trying to decipher a word because it's in another language. but you know it's hard to actually read words you see in dreamland because that area of our brain is asleep when the dream brain is awakened.
    Sometimes I open drawers and find tarot cards, small vials of the sweetest perfumes, old coins, ect. There is nearly always sunlight streaming in from a window somewhere, and the room while beautiful usually needs to be dusted because it's been closed up and not used for so long.

A couple of weeks ago I dreamed of a series of numbers that I wrote them on my hand as soon as I awoke and then googled. I awoke telling myself "You have to remember these numbers!" Come to find out, it was a tactical flashlight-scope thing you put on top of a gun. Dragon told me it was an older model but you can still get them. I do not know why I dreamed of that because I know less about guns than I do physics. the numbers/letters were M6 TX75. TX75 is the scope thing, I do not know what the M6 is, if anything at all, because really it was just a random series of numbers and TX75, is also a home theater system and I think a private airplane runway in Texas as well.
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

Quote Originally Posted by Reef Badlaw View Post
    I'd presumably made a night-landing at the King Ranch (probably via The Songbird). The ranch seemed deserted. I was walking along the porch of the main bunkhouse when a hand-holding-a-bottle smashed-through a window, then dropped the bottle shatteringly onto the porch.

-Unspeakably stark and terrifying. But signifying nothing except that my genetic-makeup only allows me to remember around .05% of dreams.
    The King Ranch (chuckle) that is perfect, yes the place where the horses are kept, cared for and made ready. And yes, those horses have already rode out.

Message in a bottle? This message pierced through a window, which is what allowed you to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    I frequently dream of discovering secret rooms in a house, or sometimes even my own. Just the other night I dreamed I found a whole set of cabinets I never knew I had, and I turned to my partner and said "Why aren't we using these?" I awoke still partially asleep and came into the kitchen, looking for those cabinets, it seemed so real!

But the secret room are the best. Usually I'm already in an upstairs room, and the decor is like early American-Victorian, as in old west a little. I frequently smell roses and sometimes smell/hear/sense a river close-by. Then, usually a person asks if I want to see more and a door will appear, or the person will move a curtain back, and the door is always small and short. Always, I have to scrunch down to get through it, frequently having to maneuver or crawl down a narrow hallway, and then VOILA! it opens up to a beautiful hidden room, full of little treasures displayed and very old books. I often pick up a book and leaf through it, usually trying to decipher a word because it's in another language. but you know it's hard to actually read words you see in dreamland because that area of our brain is asleep when the dream brain is awakened.
    Sometimes I open drawers and find tarot cards, small vials of the sweetest perfumes, old coins, ect. There is nearly always sunlight streaming in from a window somewhere, and the room while beautiful usually needs to be dusted because it's been closed up and not used for so long.

A couple of weeks ago I dreamed of a series of numbers that I wrote them on my hand as soon as I awoke and then googled. I awoke telling myself "You have to remember these numbers!" Come to find out, it was a tactical flashlight-scope thing you put on top of a gun. Dragon told me it was an older model but you can still get them. I do not know why I dreamed of that because I know less about guns than I do physics. the numbers/letters were M6 TX75. TX75 is the scope thing, I do not know what the M6 is, if anything at all, because really it was just a random series of numbers and TX75, is also a home theater system and I think a private airplane runway in Texas as well.
    One's house is one's self. Call it your soul if that helps.

A flash light scope. A looking glass and a light. How handy.

Come and get me ####er 3rDShifT's Avatar
    9 Partridge RD Concord New Hampshire 03301
    I dream that Rent a Center goes out of business.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE!!!

I'M READY TO GO!!!

Keep tappin into our webcams and mics, and our phones, keep watching, keep reading our E-mails, we're all terrorists, and we are all on drugs, don't trust us, we are only here to make you money money money.

This world isn't very brave if you ask me.

Smile???????

How do we look? Since the cameras are everywhere?

Lepton Boson Muon Guy Contributor Mezurashi's Avatar
    I've had the kinds of dreams that make parapsychologists refuse to talk to me anymore, lol.

once a psychic asked me about my most powerful dream and I told her, she shook her head, handed me my money back and asked me to leave.

a 'lightworker' energy healer got brushed by the 'remnant' of that dream and she was so frightened by the implications she also refunded my money and asked me to leave.

I tried 'comparing' dreams in a workshop given my meditative healing circle workers ... no one would speak to me afterwards.

in my dream I am 3 years old and walking down a deserted street. there is one house with the light on, and everyone I know and love is in there. then a dark shadow swoops down and destroys the house (and, by implication, everyone within it). then the shadow looks at me and says, "You know why you have been placed here."

once the shadow says that I can se that it is the 'Angel of Death' and in a reflection I can see that it is my adult face.

why this freaked out so many, I don't know. but I still get the 'negative' reaction from the 'empathic' or 'higher frequency' people all the time as a result of it.
    For every human problem there is an easy and simple answer. And it is always wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Mezurashi View Post
    why this freaked out so many, I don't know. but I still get the 'negative' reaction from the 'empathic' or 'higher frequency' people all the time as a result of it.
    Now, hey!! I take offense to that! j/k.

Actually I can see why they may be put off, but I interpret that dream much, much differently. 'The enlightened' should know you have to 'destroy' (renounce, repent) everything in your life, everything you care for first, before you rebuild better. You have to do this in order to truly appreciate what gifts you have.

Positive and negative depend entirely on your perspective...

*Esoteric ramblings of a total lunatic... Forgive me.
    "When you gaze long into the Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar
    I frequently dream of the dark man. I'm in a cabin and the dark man is there. He's coming for me out of the shadows, grabbing and clawing me all over, and starts dragging me away. I usually awaken and scream at that point.

And no... no symbolism to anything in religion. I think it's more of something that happened to me when I was a pre-teen. Some of the older members will know what I speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by proffett View Post
    Now, hey!! I take offense to that! j/k.

Actually I can see why they may be put off, but I interpret that dream much, much differently. 'The enlightened' should know you have to 'destroy' (renounce, repent) everything in your life, everything you care for first, before you rebuild better. You have to do this in order to truly appreciate what gifts you have.

Positive and negative depend entirely on your perspective...

*Esoteric ramblings of a total lunatic... Forgive me.
    a little bit of esoteric rambling can go a long way with the right crowd ...

oddly, when I discussed this dream with folk who approach dreams from the 'Pure' psychological course (no para or meta physical concerns allowed) they give me the 'cliched' interpretations of the whole 'Death Visitation' imagery. it's only when I get into this dream with 'sensitives' - and in person, not over the phone or anything - that I get the 'adverse reaction.'

one person who 'felt' this repulsion tried to explain to me that my 'aura' was 'spiky and bright' to the point where it caused her 'pain' to even be bear it once she became aware of the power of the aura field. so I asked her (as she was backing away from me) if she hadn't felt it before and she said, "No. It was like you opened a door to a blast furnace."

and once I was in the audience at a 'psychic' love-in - and I started calling up the feelings from my dream and suddenly the person on stage fainted. probably coincidence but their faint happened right when I was re-living the moment when the Angel of Death told me I knew why I had been placed here.

maybe I was 'touched' for some obscure reason ... but experience and repeated attempts to explain it have led me to believe that this was no 'ordinary' dream about the spectre of death.

and I am also a skeptic ... go figure ...
    For every human problem there is an easy and simple answer. And it is always wrong. - H.L. Mencken

in my dream I am 3 years old and walking down a deserted street. there is one house with the light on, and everyone I know and love is in there. then a dark shadow swoops down and destroys the house (and, by implication, everyone within it). then the shadow looks at me and says, "You know why you have been placed here."
    Perhaps in a previous existence, your family was killed by a force beyond your control, and you came back now either to make amends, or to find and connect with your friends and family again. Since you were "placed here" it feels like something you had to do, because the event was so powerful and the loss so great that you felt you'd never be complete until you reconnected, but even then that isn't so much you were even aware of that, just that finding everybody again became a part of who you are, and that's probably propelled you into lots of interesting experiences with how you met lots of these people.

Reincarnation, I wonder, if it's actual re-incarnation of souls or is it more of DNA memories.

once the shadow says that I can se that it is the 'Angel of Death' and in a reflection I can see that it is my adult face.
    People truly are self-determined. This dream speaks of this, in that to be 3, is the whole of what is "you," -your existence. The will is an expression of our freedom to choose in all things, even choosing for oneself between reward and punishment by our actions. In spirit (in dreams) the fully realized (adult) spiritual consciousness recognizes that physical death comes to all, that the not yet fully realized (3-year old child) physical part of you has only a set amount of time to walk this physical plane where 'the will' is acted upon in the choices we make.

The temporary nature of our physical existence is expressed in the concept of this house that has the light on for but a time, before it is destroyed. To "know why you have been placed here" is a recognition (in spirit) that you understand that your time here is limited (temporary) and that the choices made have implications beyond the here and now. This Angel of Death is a Black Horse, what you call a dark shadow, and it is an attribute of the Holy Spirit. It comes to all, weighing and measuring one's worth in the sight of God. To see yourself "reflected" this way is to face facts and acknowledge in spirit (adult like manner) that we are each responsible for our own lives and the choices we make (our will).

proff, NK, Anne, thanks for your opinions - it's helped open up new lines of possibility and also re-open old ones which have lain dormant for some time.

re-reading through the posts I made I also have realized that I have left out some pertinent data;

I first had the dream when I was 3 - it was my first and to date most significant 'night terror' event and it marked me psychologically enough that I remember That Night even though I was only 3 (my memories that far back are quite fuzzy in general).

I have had the same dream (same 'subjective' age feeling, being 3 years old) roughly every 12 years since then - I say roughly because I recall the re-runs as having happened when I was 16, 28 and 41.

one of the psychics I discussed that dream with didn't recoil, but she was also the one who told me I was a 13 500 year old Spirit Horse so maybe she was seeing more than the others ... I dunno.

anyway, thanks again for the alternative perspectives

Section 8 all the way Contributor medicvet's Avatar
    Some have older souls than others, and some souls may be younger but may also have had a great deal of experience, so there is some give and take there. I would actually love to have an opportunity to meet you solely to be able to find out what my own reaction would be. I don't know why, but the very idea of it fascinates me. So maybe I was Pandora in a previous life? heh.

This morning, I awoke form a continuation of dreams from the night before; I do not remember what I dreamed last night in detail, but only know that I awoke with a very strong sense of apprehension, nervousness, and worry, so it must have been a doozy.

The night before, all that I can remember now:

(To note- nearly everybody in the dream except for me seemed to be something like zombies, not in the brain-eating sense of the word, but in the mindless, emotionless sense of the word. There were some older ladies, though, who were rushing around trying to tell everybody to hurry up.they were awake, little gray haired old ladies with polyester pants on and shirts from the Dollar Tree, or either wearing "granny dresses.")

1) Some crazy looking lady said she could take us away on her bus. An old lady told her, the roads are blocked, you know you can't drive out of here.
    She said, "Oh, but I can fly!"
    So she gets in the bus, from which sprouts air-plane wings, and proceeds to fly it around the sky above us, then lands it from where she started. I noticed that she had a really hard time getting it off the ground and keeping it level in the sky as it was flying, and I turned to my partner and said, "I'm not getting on that thing, are you? What do we do?" and he just looked at me all blank-eyed.
    An old lady next to me chuckles and says "She won't get very far on that old thing, especially if she loads it!"
    (loads it with other people)

2) People are all leaving, and I am looking for my children, and for somebody to tell me what is going on. I go into this barracks looking place, inside of which were these designated shelves for people. All of the shelves were barren and dusty, as if they'd been emptied for awhile. I find one, though, that is full of provisions, and see my name on some of the items. I never even knew I had a shelf and didn't understand why, or how it got there. An old lady comes rushing by with a bundle of blankets and says to me "You've not taken your stuff? What will you do for the trip? If you aren't going to use it, give it to someone else. Hurry."
    I look again to my partner, who is standing there again, empty-eyed, as are some people behind him. I say "Aren't you going to help me with this? What are we going to do, where are we going to put all of this stuff?" and he says nothing. I am really frustrated, and take a backpack there and fill it with water bottles and granola, and a blanket. I leave the rest for whoever wants it.

3) I am told that before we leave, we have to pay homage to the church. I don't understand this, and it is here that irl I recognize my own mind in the dream- the church in the dream to me wasn't something to be trusted. But I was told nobody can leave unless everybody does this, so to pretend. So I go in and there is a monk/priest looking guy kneeled down at a make-shift alter (it was made of loading pallets) and with him were several women, all dressed in these brown scratchy robes. As my turn in line came up, I noticed that everyone there other than the priest and his guards were women, and I asked myself, why don't men have to do this? Then I noticed that, as the women and girls were kneeled at the altar with the priest, that he was molesting them. I told the others and they just looked at me, again, blank-eyed. I kept trying to tell people and they all seemed resigned. My turn came up and I said loudly and clearly "If he touches me, I'll kill his ass." Nobody responded, they all just looked the same, going through the motions with empty eyes. So I said it again, louder, "IF HE TOUCHES ME, I WILL KILL HIM!" And still nobody makes any moves, or responds.

That's all I remember.

All I can remember from last night was similar scenes of dustiness, smokiness, some people running here and there trying to get ready, but the majority of people just being, mindless. I do not remember any other details.

PS
    What does anyone know of chronic physical conditions reflecting themselves in troubling dreams? I am wondering if that is it.
    Last edited by Nu Kua; Oct 25th, 2009 at 1:34 PM.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Survivalist!
    My Dream

I am driving on the highway. There are very few cars on the highway. It is wide open space and fresh air. Suddenly it transitions from asphalt to green grass. The highway just melted into an open field of green grass. The grass is not high and the terrain is not bumpy. It is still a smooth drive.

Way up ahead and to the right there is a mountain of loose blue dirt. It appears it has been excavated and piled up. However, there is no machinery around and no visible excavation site. I have never seen such bright blue dirt. The "mountain" is about 3 stories high.

I see a few cars up ahead; they are driving on the grass, all staying in line as though there are markings of a "road". They drive very close beside the mountain of blue dirt.

Closer to me, on the left, slightly up ahead, I see a smaller mountain of blue dirt. It is perhaps as tall as one story building.

I am thinking this is weird. I pull off of the grass highway and park to the side of the small blue mountain of dirt. I decide I need to stop and think about where I am and what I am doing rather than to just blindly continue to follow the traffic past the big blue mountain.

Where am I going? Where is this 'highway" taking me?

I wake up from my dream.

Quote Originally Posted by acacia View Post
    My Dream

I am driving on the highway. There are very few cars on the highway. It is wide open space and fresh air. Suddenly it transitions from asphalt to green grass. The highway just melted into an open field of green grass. The grass is not high and the terrain is not bumpy. It is still a smooth drive.

The "high way" is your spiritual path-- the journey you are on in 'life.' This field of green grass is humanity. This temporary physical existence that you think of as your life.

Way up ahead and to the right there is a mountain of loose blue dirt. It appears it has been excavated and piled up. However, there is no machinery around and no visible excavation site. I have never seen such bright blue dirt. The "mountain" is about 3 stories high.

The dirt refers also to the earth-- to this physical existence. A mountain is as a high place-- to gain perspective and to gather your thoughts--- a mountain of understanding. 3- is the number of stability and it speaks of this journey from the richness (above/spiritual) to poverty (below/physical). The blue dirt on this mountain of understanding is spiritual understanding on earth. This dirt has been accumulated (piled up) over time-- dug up from the past (excavated).

I see a few cars up ahead; they are driving on the grass, all staying in line as though there are markings of a "road". They drive very close beside the mountain of blue dirt.

A car is what carries you on your journey-- you can think of them as attributes of spirit. Most people stay near or on the path that they know best -this accumulated mountain of understanding they are most familiar with. The right side is that which gives/has been handed to you.

Closer to me, on the left, slightly up ahead, I see a smaller mountain of blue dirt. It is perhaps as tall as one story building.

The left is the side that receives, and the number one is the beginning of this new spiritual understanding.

I am thinking this is weird. I pull off of the grass highway and park to the side of the small blue mountain of dirt. I decide I need to stop and think about where I am and what I am doing rather than to just blindly continue to follow the traffic past the big blue mountain.

It is just as you say.

Where am I going? Where is this 'highway" taking me?

I wake up from my dream.
    To leave the well established (paved) path is to seek a new understanding. May God bless you as you journey closer to Him.

+ YouTube Video

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member PanamaGuy's Avatar
    Now I wish I could sleep, so I can have a dream too.

Two nights ago, I was laying in bed and heard the radio announce, "Japan has just declared War on North Korea."
    I looked at the radio!
    The commentator was saying how Japan asked for U.S. help to protect S. Korea. . N. Korea asked China to back them up.
    China responded first, attacking BOTH Japan and N. Korea [who asked for help!] China attacked Japan to prevent them from firing bombs at Korea/China. China attacked N. Korea to keep out all the Korean refugees who tried to cross the boarder into China to flee the war.

China gained control of N. and S. Korea and Japan. Triple score for China.

I remember thinking: "I would have never guessed that." [Yes, I would expect China to attack Japan. I had not stopped to think that China, in turn, would have to protect its own boarders from Korean refugees]
    Then I woke up and realized it was all a dream.
    Stop saying: We are not alone. Start asking: WHY ARE THEY HERE? - HindSight

Sometimes your calling comes in dreams...

+ YouTube Video

Section 8 all the way Contributor medicvet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PanamaGuy View Post
    Now I wish I could sleep, so I can have a dream too.
    You can dream awake..not 'daydreaming', but if you want, look into self hypnosis. I could probably hypnotize myself, but the idea terrifies me because I guess I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to wake myself up.

The dreams I have been having lately are 'new' ones, and from what I am reading I am not the only one feeling like..as obi wan said,that there is a 'disturbance in the force'.

I even wonder if the nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach is not just a bug, but this sense of overwhelming dread...

And a lot of my dreams have a lot to do with many many many refugees and no safe place to go to or to be at.

It's not your dream, and my dream... it's just a dream, or "the" dream-- a window into the other place, or a peek beyond the veil as seen from a myriad of perspectives. One dream, as seen from the eyes of many witnesses.

+ YouTube Video

Thread Information