Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: middle names....

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member elkia's Avatar

middle names....

Disable These Ads!
    Uki and I have decieded on names for the new baby.
    -Gaj(gage)=boy
    -Sep=girl
    but we haven't come up with any middle names yet, so I am taking suggestions. We want the middle name to start with the same letter as the first name.
    Fear is the first lie, the lie that tells you that you are separated from the whole. Once it has been embraced, you are incapable of ever telling the truth under any circumstances.

yo G.A.J. wuz up? say it yo - gee aye jay... whose down with da GEE AYE JAY?

let's not forget... sup sep?
    if i offend you, you are part of the fucking problem.

Lepton Boson Muon Guy Contributor Mezurashi's Avatar
    Gaj - pronounced gage or gauge - my first thought was the poor kid being chased by cruel peers teasing him and calling him Gay Boy and shit like that. might as well name the boy Sue, lol.

Sep - sup, suck, seep, etc.

if it's your intent to raise tough kids who end up somewhat antisocial due to early childhood trauma inflicted at the hands of their peers ...

I know a couple who gave their kids basic names like John, Mike and Rachel. no middle names - beacuse when their kids got older they were given the choice of what they wanted their middle name to be and whether or not They wanted to use their first or middle name.

You as a parent might think it's all well and good to bestow a name upon your child, but consider that The Child is having a Label placed on them without their consent or approval.

I know a guy who's 'creative' parents named him Vasco Barbarossa - today people know him as Ted because that's the name he prefers to use and he hates his parents to this day for their decision.

think this one through - do not become like the other parents who name their kids from trend, fad or far-too-personal feelings about one or the other paradigm.

leave room for the kids to choose for themselves when they're of age. it's the least you could do for bringing them into this world ...
    For every human problem there is an easy and simple answer. And it is always wrong. - H.L. Mencken

The Teller Of Truths Assassin X's Avatar
    Ganja sounds like a good name....hehehe sorry had to say it!

Usually I am good with names but I can't think right now. I am naming a future daughter (if I have one) Nova.

Hmm... actually theres always Gaia or Sai (not the weapon).
    AO is about one thing. Going around in loops. No one cares to learn, they only care to live inside their boxes and ignore the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Mezurashi View Post
    if it's your intent to raise tough kids who end up somewhat antisocial due to early childhood trauma inflicted at the hands of their peers ...
    bingo and they will have uki and elkia as supportive parents standing right behind them.
    I know a couple who gave their kids basic names like John, Mike and Rachel. no middle names - beacuse when their kids got older they were given the choice of what they wanted their middle name to be and whether or not They wanted to use their first or middle name.

You as a parent might think it's all well and good to bestow a name upon your child, but consider that The Child is having a Label placed on them without their consent or approval.
    by law, when the child becomes 18 years old, they can do what ever they fucking want to their name.
    I know a guy who's 'creative' parents named him Vasco Barbarossa - today people know him as Ted because that's the name he prefers to use and he hates his parents to this day for their decision.
    i'd like to believe my children are going to grow up appreciating their uniquness and individuality.
    think this one through - do not become like the other parents who name their kids from trend, fad or far-too-personal feelings about one or the other paradigm.
    LMAO!!
    leave room for the kids to choose for themselves when they're of age. it's the least you could do for bringing them into this world ...
    again... by law they can do whatever they wish at 18...

for those who do not know, our children have entirely different last names than the both of us.

Adventuring Infidel Cyranothe2nd's Avatar
    Look, I grew up with a name I hated so I would council you to please PLEASE think of your kids! Think of them constantly be harassed, having to correct teachers and others on pronunciations, ect. Its not just an annoyance--it can become a real problem. I actually changed my name when I was 14 (not legally) because I hated my name so much (and no, my name isn't something weird, its just really common and I hated it).

As for middle names: Family names are always good. Also traditional/ethnic names. My daughter's is traditional Irish.
    "We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men — not from men who feared to write, to associate, to speak and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."

Edward R. Murrow

What kind of names are you looking for? Serious, funny, ethnic, historic, kick-ass, what?

Too bad it has to start with the same letter:

Christopher Gaj
    Gaj Jag {Gaj backward}
    Gaj Gaylord ???

Sep Silk
    Sep Season

What kind of name?
    Stop saying: We are not alone. Start asking: WHY ARE THEY HERE? - HindSight

Alright first of all our children will be homeschooled... so there will be no problem with teachers mis-pronouncing their names or the like. And most of the time the place kids get made fun of is also in school... so in that aspect I believe with all my heart that they will be fine. Uki and I do our best to raise our children to be strong in all aspects. And secure in who they are. Any child no matter what there name is can hate it for any reason. Wether it's mike or mary, gaj or sep...
    Fear is the first lie, the lie that tells you that you are separated from the whole. Once it has been embraced, you are incapable of ever telling the truth under any circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    by law, when the child becomes 18 years old, they can do what ever they fucking want to their name.
    sorry, I didn't specify that the kids 'chose' their names much younger than 18. one was 8 or 9, the others no older than 12. the thing with this was that the kids got to choose when they, the kids, wanted to and not because the Law said they could. and the parents were supportive.

and yeah, I chuckled when I read a post from you talking about 'the law.'
    For every human problem there is an easy and simple answer. And it is always wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Adventuring Infidel Cyranothe2nd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elkia View Post
    Alright first of all our children will be homeschooled... so there will be no problem with teachers mis-pronouncing their names or the like. And most of the time the place kids get made fun of is also in school... so in that aspect I believe with all my heart that they will be fine. Uki and I do our best to raise our children to be strong in all aspects. And secure in who they are. Any child no matter what there name is can hate it for any reason. Wether it's mike or mary, gaj or sep...
    ...and they will spend their entire childhoods in the house and never come into contact with other people ever???
    Also, I fail to see how saddling them with an unusual name will make them "strong". Don't tell me you believe that crap about how being teased and bullied makes you a stronger person? Because for everyone I know teasing and being bullied had only meant serious psychological repercussions later in life.
    There is, of course, no guarantee that their names will get them teased or that naming them "John" or "Jane" will mean that they won't be. I just think that calling a boy "Gaj" is setting him up for a pretty easy insult ("Gay"). Please consider at least spelling it correctly "Gage" or "Gauge"? At least that way he won't have to correct people all the time. (I see that name and think its pronounced "Gah-zhe" FYI).
    Sep isn't so bad, I guess. Sounds like a dog's name, "Shep"...but there is no obvious insult other than that that I can think of.

Sorry--I'm being painfully honest in this thread (usually wouldn't dream of insulting someone's name) but you did ask for opinions.
    "We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men — not from men who feared to write, to associate, to speak and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."

Edward R. Murrow

My favorites so far:

Sep Shay
    Sep Shaman
    Sep Sacha
    Sep Shody

Gaj Grail
    Gaj Gabriel
    Gaj Gunner
    Gaj Garrett
    Stop saying: We are not alone. Start asking: WHY ARE THEY HERE? - HindSight

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranothe2nd View Post
    ...and they will spend their entire childhoods in the house and never come into contact with other people ever???
    i know you are not a complete retard... i can't wait to reprimand people who fuck up their names - i will be like "hey jackass!! are you fucking stupid? listen to what is being said to you!" it won't be our childrens problem, it will simply be all the other closed-minded idiots problem...
    Also, I fail to see how saddling them with an unusual name will make them "strong".
    its about uniquness and individuality... we don't want(or need) anymore fucking chris's, joe's, jimmy's, mary's, jessica's, and the like... we are not raising a fucking politically accepted clone.
    Don't tell me you believe that crap about how being teased and bullied makes you a stronger person?
    how little you understand about life...
    Because for everyone I know teasing and being bullied had only meant serious psychological repercussions later in life.
    we won 't teach our children to grow up and be fucking social pussies - when they get bullied they will know that its ok to push back... rivin already has one hell of a fucking headbutt. my dad was a puss growing up, he never showed me how to stick up for myself, only how to keep getting walked on with the whole chrisitian idealolgy of turning the other cheek... fuck that.
    There is, of course, no guarantee that their names will get them teased or that naming them "John" or "Jane" will mean that they won't be. I just think that calling a boy "Gaj" is setting him up for a pretty easy insult ("Gay"). Please consider at least spelling it correctly "Gage" or "Gauge"? At least that way he won't have to correct people all the time. (I see that name and think its pronounced "Gah-zhe" FYI).
    well thank you for your concern, but you have your own child to worry about... lets us take care of ours and we won't tell you how to raise yours.
    Sep isn't so bad, I guess. Sounds like a dog's name, "Shep"...but there is no obvious insult other than that that I can think of.
    i actiually met a girl in austria named sep...

Sorry--I'm being painfully honest in this thread (usually wouldn't dream of insulting someone's name) but you did ask for opinions.
    it's ok... no need to apologize... now you know where we stand on the issue.

The Teller Of Truths Assassin X's Avatar
    *sits back and grabs popcorn and pop*
    *sells tickets*
    *hands out popcorn*
    AO is about one thing. Going around in loops. No one cares to learn, they only care to live inside their boxes and ignore the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranothe2nd View Post
    Also, I fail to see how saddling them with an unusual name will make them "strong".
    I never said that giving them a strange name would make them strong... but teaching them to be strong and secure people will make them laugh when someone makes fun of there name.. if it ever happens.

Don't tell me you believe that crap about how being teased and bullied makes you a stronger person? Because for everyone I know teasing and being bullied had only meant serious psychological repercussions later in life.
    everyone has problems... and I am sure that most everyone will be teased at some point in there life also. That does not mean that the person will suffer from it, it will just teach them how cruel the world can be(something that needs to be taught).

and how often is someone gonna see how his name is spelled if he does not attend school? Not too often, unless of course his wishes to share this bit of info.

well thats good to know.

and that is what I wanted... well actually I asked for middle names but I figured someone was going to tell me how terrible the names were.

Radioactive
    I like this thread it has my creative but rather silly juices going ! How about as an alternative to a sort of alliteration of names the initials themselves spell a word ? For example: (I'll assume for forum purposes made up surnames you may have!)
    Geraldine Ophelia Daws - then any initials on clothes or initialling generally could spell G.O.D. ! I would of course stop short at naming any child Felicity Ursula Chantal King !

elkia suggested gatlin... nothing like naming your child after a hand-cranked machine gun.

i am going to delve into norse, celtic, gaelic...

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    elkia suggested gatlin... nothing like naming your child after a hand-cranked machine gun.
    hmm ... Gatlin ...

http://gatlinbrothers.musiccitynetworks.com/

weird association but hey, it works ...

Personally, I like the names you two have chosen. And I would expect nothing less of you guys in the naming dept. I changed the spelling of my name early on, just to be a pain in people's asses. My kids have relatively boring names, my daughter though will have to suffer through always having to correct people's spelling of hers.

I think people who make fun of others for their names are weak and insecure of their own attributes. So, fuck them. I know ukelkia (like brangelina, lmao) will teach their kids to be proud of their names, just like their heritage.

Aside from that...

Middle name for Sep,

Aria
    Lyssa
    Phaea
    Selene

Middle name for Gaj,

Wyl (or whyl, pronounced while, not will).
    Chaos- this one is just for uki :)
    Neo
    Raiden
    Creed

Other cool ass names I found

Badyx
    Kiteon
    Bouth
    Xorne
    Gideoin
    Oblyx
    Clah
    Anu
    "When you gaze long into the Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Names outside the norm of dominant culture aren't necessarily a bad or difficult thing. After I was adopted my name went from Sky Reese to Sky Weed. My birth father had wanted my first name to be Sandy (after his first girlfriend) so my name would have been Sandy Sky Weed. When I married my first husband my name was Sky Sparks which is kind of cool (prior to us being married the mailbox said Sparks Weed lol).

Anyway. I like Gallen, Gideon, and Griffin with Gaj and Shivani, Siobhan, Sofia, and Storm with Sep :)

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

thanks for all your suggestions!

So we changed the girls name...
    Lilka Lex....
    still up in the air about boys name.

Don't get comfortable. Contributor Goldmoon's Avatar
    Boy names:

Darius
    Zeph
    Drake
    Samson
    Cloud
    Sabin
    Cecil
    Kain
    Arius
    Locke
    Arthus
    Enoch

Most of those are pretty much first names, but they're kinda cool. (I know, some of them are from final fantasy... lol)

Fav girl names:

Tia
    Eve
    Celes
    Ariel
    Athena

"He who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved."

Little Bird of Prey phedrereine's Avatar
    I think Sep is kind of cute, actually... it's nicer sounding than some common names like Ann. Lilka is interesting but it's a little too difficult to say. What about Sepka? And then call her Sep for short? That gives her a couple of options, and Sepka will be much better for an adult, in my opinion.
    "But more wonderful than the lore of old men and the lore of books is the secret lore of ocean."

Quote Originally Posted by phedrereine View Post
    I think Sep is kind of cute, actually... it's nicer sounding than some common names like Ann. Lilka is interesting but it's a little too difficult to say. What about Sepka? And then call her Sep for short? That gives her a couple of options, and Sepka will be much better for an adult, in my opinion.
    I like Sep but it just didn't do it for me. When I find the name I want I know. And Lilka was it... plus Uki liked it too.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Come and get me ####er 3rDShifT's Avatar
    9 Partridge RD Concord New Hampshire 03301
    Anything's good, as long as you don't use my middle name!

mud
    LIVE FREE OR DIE!!!

I'M READY TO GO!!!

Keep tappin into our webcams and mics, and our phones, keep watching, keep reading our E-mails, we're all terrorists, and we are all on drugs, don't trust us, we are only here to make you money money money.

This world isn't very brave if you ask me.

Smile???????

How do we look? Since the cameras are everywhere?

Thread Information