Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: global temps DECREASING, FACT!!!

Iam puppy, hear me yap. Contributor lycanox's Avatar
    Disable These Ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by shortround View Post
    Umm, this is the third in a row... and it broke the all time record for the coldest ( 125 years) so I wouldn't call it the "lazy" option for climate.
    So.. Our spring came in as the second warmest in 100 years time.
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/139/8/a/logo_by_lycanox.png

One left in the chamber Global Moderator TC's Avatar
    64th latitude north....Where global warming is a plus
    Average rain fall has increased, as well as colder growing seasons in the northern hemisphere. This is a direct result of evaporation and precipitation from the sea.

The planet has been far warmer than today in the past, and the finite workings of the worlds oceans took care of any increases. Tree ring and ice data shows this check and balance process has worked during the interglacial warming periods, and continues right into the next ice age.

This current warming period ( late pleistocene /early Holocene) is at its apex, and the turn towards a colder climate and an eventual ice age is the natural rhythm that has continued over the past 400,000 years.

If you look at past geological records, they plainly show this repetitious cycle to be a fact, and we weren't around to influence those previous warming periods, which had temperature levels that exceeded this current one.

Its solar cycles that run this rhythmic machine...always has been. ( albeit the hot air of political babble has probably played a part...

Yes, but I doubt that just a couple of cold years at some locations mean that the warming trend has suddenly changed.
    We have had much colder years decades ago and that didn't change the warming trend as well.
    Last edited by lycanox; Jun 12th, 2009 at 2:06 PM.

Conspiracy Theory DOD. Contributor BLOODLINES's Avatar
    Rolla---Missouri. 495 miles from Jericho. Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by lycanox View Post
    Yes, but I doubt that just a couple of cold years at some locations mean that the warming Trent has suddenly changed.
    We have had much colder years decades ago and that didn't change the warming Trent as well.
    Who in the hell is this guy named Trent?

Who in the hell put him in charge of the weather, actually I think this (Trent) fella should be fired---Obama. need's to take care of this guy too.

Trent---Finally we know who has fouled up all the weather.
    "WHEN WE RUN OUT OF FOOD I'LL ENJOY EATING YOU"

Yes, but I doubt that just a couple of cold years at some locations mean that the warming trend has suddenly changed.
    We have had much colder years decades ago and that didn't change the warming trend as well.
    Obviously we are talking about the end of this warming period that started some 20,000 years ago, rather than short term spikes on some chart. If you look at the records ( ice core) you will see the average of both glacial and interglacial warming. These sequences run on 100,000 year intervals ( glacial ice ages) with roughly 20,000 year warming periods. So we know this particular warming sequence is more or less finished.

Its all there in the geological records, its just a matter of mind set as to how you wish to view all this. Its seems a little short sighted to place mans actions as a predominant cause in an otherwise proven natural sequence of events.

You have to admit that the climate change band wagon was popular to adhere to, almost mandatory.

I am not discussing whether or not GW is man made.
    I just don't see any indication that it is over.

And the idea of it being overdue does not mean that it is going to happen any time now. It could just as easily stay another 100 years overdue. The geological records do not give an prediction that is on the decade accurate.

Exiled from AO
    Obviously we are talking about the end of this warming period that started some 20,000 years ago, rather than short term spikes on some chart. If you look at the records ( ice core) you will see the average of both glacial and interglacial warming. These sequences run on 100,000 year intervals ( glacial ice ages) with roughly 20,000 year warming periods. So we know this particular warming sequence is more or less finished.

Its all there in the geological records, its just a matter of mind set as to how you wish to view all this. Its seems a little short sighted to place mans actions as a predominant cause in an otherwise proven natural sequence of events.

You have to admit that the climate change band wagon was popular to adhere to, almost mandatory.

this is truth here. I 100% agree with short on this. Of course, the money wagon that is GW will not stop.

Offcource will that money wagon not stop.
    Ignoring the problem will result in severe problems that could lead to the death of millions if left alone. And we need money to prepare for these problems.

Don't get comfortable. Contributor Goldmoon's Avatar
    Lycanox: It could just as easily stay another 100 years overdue.
    I give it 15 years max, then no life will be able to survive on this planet. I don't think many people understand the concept of exponential increase.

"He who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved."

Exiled from AO
    You GW people have your heads so far up your asses you can't seem to understand the natural cycles of this planet. As humans we don't live long enough to experience anything major in climate fluxes. Yet, in the next 10-20 years, the ice caps are going to melt, the sea level will rise to flood al major coastal cities (I am all for that actually), and we will not be able to survive. i guess California will just crack off the coast of the US also in a day (although geologically impossible). Pull your head out of your ass, please.

Quote Originally Posted by tim299 View Post
    You GW people have your heads so far up your asses you can't seem to understand the natural cycles of this planet. As humans we don't live long enough to experience anything major in climate fluxes. Yet, in the next 10-20 years, the ice caps are going to melt, the sea level will rise to flood al major coastal cities (I am all for that actually), and we will not be able to survive. i guess California will just crack off the coast of the US also in a day (although geologically impossible). Pull your head out of your ass, please.
    A warmer climate will result in stronger storms.
    Which threaten low laying areas like the Netherlands, Bangladesh, new York and New Orleans. Which need or increase their water defenses.
    Droughts are going to increase, requiring advanced irrigation projects in Africa, Central America and India.
    Tropical pests are going to spread northwards. While valuable cold loving plants are going to be harder to produce. Putting a strain on farming.

All these problems require planning and money in advance to deal with them.
    You cant simply wait until new York is drowned and then start building dams to protect it.

So perhaps it is you that should pull his head out his ass.

Exiled from AO
    Yep, you put the right word in at the end...MONEY!!!! Get it?

Fighting for Life Contributor olddragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycca;
    All these problems require planning and money in advance to deal with them.
    You cant simply wait until new York is drowned and then start building dams to protect it.
    Why build a dam?
    Ice ages will freeze more water and lower sea level.

Don't get comfortable. Contributor Goldmoon's Avatar
    Global warming is obviously not a hoax, since its happening.

What happens when the world becomes one, and factories pump out smoke, as well as blankets of billions of cars covering every continent from tip to tip, worldwide burning fossil fuels all day and night, constantly all the time?

This is the time that the prophets spoke of where mankind would have the ability to destroy the Earth.

This happens on most planets with chimera species such as humans who have high intelligence and little wisdom.

These humans on this Earth have been engineered with advanced DNA which does not match their developmental duration, therefore their intelligence exceeds their wisdom, only part of the brain is used, and most of this species are encompassed by primitive emotions.

You may look at yourself differenly after knowing this, but we are not meant to be by nature.

"He who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved."

Exiled from AO
    If I knew a way to drown New York, i would do it. We need something to clean the scum up.

Just shut down the pomps that manage the groundwater level in the city during a storm.
    In a couple of hours. The underground streams would have drowned the subway system.
    In 48 hours the city would turn into a second Venice.

well back to topic....

One thing that the GW crowd forget in this wondrous machine is the effect of fresh water into the gulf stream. The less salinity, the less the effect of warm water transfer to the northern hemisphere. We have gone through several mini ice ages in the past due to a shut down in this system, and the results were almost instantaneous on the European weather system with years of frigid winters and minimal growing periods.

The increased precipitation from sea water evaporation is part of this, as well as reduced glacial ice pack. What all this represents is the oceans reaction towards warmer temperature, a sort of self fix if you will.

And as we glide towards the next ice age, this cooling system will eventually turn rain into increased snow in the northern latitudes which will in turn reflect sun light off the earths surface, further reducing global temperature.

Yes, the focus for the future, should not be how to stop GW,
    but how to stay warm.

well back to topic....

One thing that the GW crowd forget in this wondrous machine is the effect of fresh water into the gulf stream. The less salinity, the less the effect of warm water transfer to the northern hemisphere. We have gone through several mini ice ages in the past due to a shut down in this system, and the results were almost instantaneous on the European weather system with years of frigid winters and minimal growing periods.

The increased precipitation from sea water evaporation is part of this, as well as reduced glacial ice pack. What all this represents is the oceans reaction towards warmer temperature, a sort of self fix if you will.

And as we glide towards the next ice age, this cooling system will eventually turn rain into increased snow in the northern latitudes which will in turn reflect sun light off the earths surface, further reducing global temperature.
    Yes, but do you have any evidence that it is actually happening now.

After all, my country would be one of the first countries influenced by such event. Yet everything is quite hot over here.

Unless you can drop the GW mentality for 5 min., you wouldn't see the evidence to the contrary.

The most dramatic evidence emerged with an announcement by Nasa's Jet Propulsion Laboratory that an immense slow-cycling movement of water in the Pacific, known as the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO), had unexpectedly shifted into its cool phase, something which only happens every 30 years or so, ultimately affecting climate all over the globe

There is word that all four major global temperature tracking outlets have released data showing that temperatures have dropped significantly over the last year. The amount of cooling ranges from 65-hundredths of a degree Centigrade to 75-hundreds of a degree.

That is said to be a value large enough to erase nearly all the global warming recorded over the past 100 years. It is reportedly the single fastest temperature change ever recorded — up or down.

Scientists contend the cooling is the result of reduced solar activity — which they say is a larger driver of climate change than man-made greenhouse gases.

Radioactive Serious Member BotchedToad's Avatar
    Here in the midwest (iowa) it's been 3 + weeks now that temp's have been a very mild mid 70's. Used to dream of that when I was growing up as the jump from winter to summer seemed short-lived. Three years ago I remember from the 1st day of June on, it was 90 + and stayed there the rest of Summer. They're saying it might reach 80 sometime next week. Just unreal imho.

So far, June's chill is one for the records
    The cloudy, chilly and rainy open to June here has been the talk of the town. So far this June is running more than 12 degrees cooler than last year, and the clouds, rain and chilly lake winds have been persistent. The average temperature at O'Hare International Airport through Friday has been only 59.5 degrees: nearly 7 degrees below normal and the coldest since records there began 50 years ago.

More bad weather is on the way Saturday with a cold rain expected to linger through the bulk of the morning. Rainfall could be heavy -- especially north of the city, which would be a reversal of Thursday's deluge that targeted the southern suburbs.
    Crops under stress as temperatures fall
    Our politicians haven't noticed that the problem may be that the world is not warming but cooling, observes Christopher Booker.
    For the second time in little over a year, it looks as though the world may be heading for a serious food crisis, thanks to our old friend "climate change". In many parts of the world recently the weather has not been too brilliant for farmers. After a fearsomely cold winter, June brought heavy snowfall across large parts of western Canada and the northern states of the American Midwest. In Manitoba last week, it was -4ºC. North Dakota had its first June snow for 60 years.

There was midsummer snow not just in Norway and the Cairngorms, but even in Saudi Arabia. At least in the southern hemisphere it is winter, but snowfalls in New Zealand and Australia have been abnormal. There have been frosts in Brazil, elsewhere in South America they have had prolonged droughts, while in China they have had to cope with abnormal rain and freak hailstorms, which in one province killed 20 people.

None of this has given much cheer to farmers. In Canada and northern America summer planting of corn and soybeans has been way behind schedule, with the prospect of reduced yields and lower quality. Grain stocks are predicted to be down 15 per cent next year. US reserves of soya – used in animal feed and in many processed foods – are expected to fall to a 32-year low.

In China, the world's largest wheat grower, they have been battling against the atrocious weather to bring in the harvest. (In one province they even fired chemical shells into the clouds to turn freezing hailstones into rain.) In north-west China drought has devastated crops with a plague of pests and blight. In countries such as Argentina and Brazil droughts have caused such havoc that a veteran US grain expert said last week: "In 43 years I've never seen anything like the decline we're looking at in South America."

In Europe, the weather has been a factor in well-below average predicted crop yields in eastern Europe and Ukraine. In Britain this year's oilseed rape crop is likely to be 30 per cent below its 2008 level. And although it may be too early to predict a repeat of last year's food shortage, which provoked riots from west Africa to Egypt and Yemen, it seems possible that world food stocks may next year again be under severe strain, threatening to repeat the steep rises which, in 2008, saw prices double what they had been two years before.
    I guess this will get me more Neg. from those with their heads up Al Gore's Ass.

Exiled from AO
    People have routines so they expect Earth to follow a set patter of routine. Unfortunately, earth does not follow any set routine and there can be much variation of climate year to year. Temperature average and rainfall averages are exactly that, averages. I get so sick of hearing people saying things should be like this and that, when they shouldn't.

Unless you can drop the GW mentality for 5 min., you wouldn't see the evidence to the contrary.

The most dramatic evidence emerged with an announcement by Nasa's Jet Propulsion Laboratory that an immense slow-cycling movement of water in the Pacific, known as the Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO), had unexpectedly shifted into its cool phase, something which only happens every 30 years or so, ultimately affecting climate all over the globe

There is word that all four major global temperature tracking outlets have released data showing that temperatures have dropped significantly over the last year. The amount of cooling ranges from 65-hundredths of a degree Centigrade to 75-hundreds of a degree.

That is said to be a value large enough to erase nearly all the global warming recorded over the past 100 years. It is reportedly the single fastest temperature change ever recorded — up or down.

Scientists contend the cooling is the result of reduced solar activity — which they say is a larger driver of climate change than man-made greenhouse gases.
    And how do we know that this effect is permanent. And that we aren't back to a warming trend in a couple of years?

And how do we know that this effect is permanent. And that we aren't back to a warming trend in a couple of years?
    How do you know it is not?

I will say nothing is permanent, everything changes.

Just like the climate warms and then it cools, been doing that for millions of years.

Thread Information