Thread: Psychic Vampires

Bull$hit Artist Contributor Blu-ray's Avatar

Psychic Vampires

Disable These Ads!
    When a psychic attack takes place, the psychic vampire receives an energy surge while the victim experiences fatigue.

People who "suck" the energy of others are called "psychic vampires." This "sucking" takes place when one's energy is depleted and needs to be replenished so he or she "sucks" the energy of another person. It is not unusual for a person who is ill or feeling inadequate emotionally to draw upon or deplete energized individuals of their life force. These "suckers" are not bad people, most of them are not aware on a conscious level that they are doing what they are doing. Still, their unknowing actions can play havoc with anyone who leaves an energetic opening for this type of thievery. It is important for us to be aware that we may be susceptible to having our energies stolen from us and learn ways to protect ourselves. The harm in a psychic attack is that there is no fair exchange of energy and therefore one feels depleted while the other becomes energized. Traits of a Psychic Vampire

• experiences feelings of abandonment or rejection
    • needs constant reassurance
    • never feels satisfied
    • seeks nurturing
    • low energy - fatigued

Each of us have psychic-vampire tendencies that sometimes needs to be put into check. Find out if your energy boundaries are blurred by taking this quiz: Are You A Psychic Vampire? Symptoms of Psychic Attack

• leaky or diminishing aura
    • dizziness
    • loss of energy
    • muscle tension
    • mental confusion
    • headaches
    • chronic fatigue
    • sleep disturbances
    • irritability
    • depressed mood
    • physical illness

Protection Against Psychic Attack

• Awareness: Become aware of which individuals deplete your energy and limit your contact with them.
    • Invoke the White Light: Visualize a bubble of white light surrounding your auric field.
    • Energy Shields: Carry protective amulets.
    http://healing.about.com/cs/energyhe...a_vampires.htm

You can take a test to see if you are one: http://healing.about.com/library/qui...ampirequiz.htm

I don't believe in Vampires, however I do believe that people can have the tendency to suck the life out of those willing. Sort of like a hen pecked husband or an overworked wife doing all the chores and working while the husband only works.

Just wanted other's opinions on this. I put it in paranormal as that I'm not sure it fits under behavioral but it kind of does.

You answered 6 items out of 20 Yes.

Your score is 30%. You seem to be pretty balanced energetically, continue to pay attention in keeping your energetic boundaries in place.

That would be me.

Iam puppy, hear me yap. Global Moderator lycanox's Avatar
    Got the same score.
    But I know people that probably will score a lot higher.
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/139/8/a/logo_by_lycanox.png

Adventuring Infidel Cyranothe2nd's Avatar
    I think there are people who use others, either knowingly or unknowingly. But I don't believe that there is any "psychic" thing about it.

Ah, what the hell----->You answered 5 items out of 20 Yes.

Your score is 25%. You seem to be pretty balanced energetically, continue to pay attention in keeping your energetic boundaries in place.
    "We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men not from men who feared to write, to associate, to speak and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."

Edward R. Murrow

Psychic vampires feed off your energy. It is very easy to understand how this works. When you are upset, it changes your energy field, same as when you are anxious or happy or any other emotion. People react to how you are feeling either consciously or subconsciously. The vampires many metaphysic text speak of seek out the negative energies and feed off of them, leaving you dry and exhausted. You can see why it is so very important to have a positive attitude, because it fends off the vampires. :)
    "When you gaze long into the Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

You answered 13 items out of 20 Yes.

Your score is 65%. You are showing tendencies of being an energy-sucker, perhaps you didn't realize that you are harming your own energy when you suck energy from others.
    The test HAS to be incorrect... LOL

Violence is the Answer Contributor DaSoviet's Avatar
    Didn't know what category it would fit into huh...

That usually means it's right up there with Transexual Muslims, Homosexual Christians and last but not least, conservative Dutch folk...

(IE: Don't think it exists, especially if there's an internet quiz to check to see if you may be one.)

PS: I do realize that 2 of the examples that I gave in the above text may exist.

However! Such things exist only to remain prime examples of contradictions, to core beliefs.
    Big deal, death always went with the territory. See you in Disneyland.

Adventuring Infidel Cyranothe2nd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by proffett View Post
    Psychic vampires feed off your energy. It is very easy to understand how this works. When you are upset, it changes your energy field, same as when you are anxious or happy or any other emotion. People react to how you are feeling either consciously or subconsciously. The vampires many metaphysic text speak of seek out the negative energies and feed off of them, leaving you dry and exhausted. You can see why it is so very important to have a positive attitude, because it fends off the vampires. :)
    I would like to see some scientific evidence that people "feed" off of other people's energy. This just doesn't sound credible to me. (Not trying to put you down...it just sounds hokey...)
    "We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men not from men who feared to write, to associate, to speak and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."

Edward R. Murrow

That does not mean that there aren't people that deprive your energy by just being in the same room.
    But I doubt there is energy involved.

Most likely there are many minor annoying parts in the expression of the vampire.
    (Like a voice that is a bit to hard, a bad way to express emotions in the face etcetera.)
    These things might not be noticed consciously, but work in on the subconscious mind and can tire an person out.
    Just like a bad mood can be passed on too people. Only this time both people are unaware of it.

This also explains why most questions are social questions in the test. And not questions specific about energy management.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranothe2nd View Post
    I would like to see some scientific evidence that people "feed" off of other people's energy. This just doesn't sound credible to me. (Not trying to put you down...it just sounds hokey...)
    Metaphysics sounds hokey to most normal people, lol. What I mean by feed, is that these are people who seek out negative energies, usually without even noticing. They are the people who are involved in hate groups and gangs, on a smaller level they may be the ones who start fights on forums. These are people we all know, you know, the ones always being confrontational and controversial and not just trying to debate. They are stating things to get a desired reaction. So by getting a negative reaction from you, they seem to become inflated, while you become drained by arguing or releasing negative energies.

There is no science on these things because they fall into a category known as pseudoscience and are greatly overlooked by mainstream researchers. However, think of what I have said above. We all know people like this.

Lycanox- it's all about energy, whether it is known or unknown.
    "When you gaze long into the Abyss, the Abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Leader of the n00b shelter
    You answered 10 items out of 20 Yes.

Your score is 50%. You are showing tendencies of being an energy-sucker, perhaps you didn't realize that you are harming your own energy when you suck energy from others.
    I took the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranothe2nd View Post
    Never been at a party and someone sucks the life out of the room and ruins the feel good atmosphere?

Lepton Boson Muon Guy Contributor Mezurashi's Avatar
    I scored 3 out of 20 ... so I am, apparently, Not a Psychic Vampire.

I've been using the term Psychic Vampire since the 1980's -- I knew a couple of them in high school in fact.

the most common type I've met is the 'creepy guy' type. this one will show up at a party, stand somewhere conspicuous without being totally in the way, then just stare at the wall or other such weird, quiet behaviour for 30 minutes at a time.

the other one is the 'braggart' vampire -- the one who demands attention for the most insignificant accomplishment, will 'pose' for as long as needed to insure that others around them 'notice' their grandeur.

I even met an 'extrovert' vampire once -- this type loves to draw attention to themselves in a flamboyant manner but they never pick up the cheque ...

Cyranothe2nd - scientific evidence does not exist to support most of this sort of stuff to begin with so to Ask for Evidence is like asking a Priest to show you God's Navel or some other such impossibility. this Does Not negate the feelings and experiences of those who have encountered these folk. REMEMBER THAT ACCORDING TO SCIENCE A BUMBLEBEE CANNOT FLY.

and every spring I see bumblebee's doing their thing, ignoring Science all together ...

perhaps there's a lot going on that Science cannot explain - but that does not make it False, only UnScientific ...
    For every human problem there is an easy and simple answer. And it is always wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Mezurashi View Post
    REMEMBER THAT ACCORDING TO SCIENCE A BUMBLEBEE CANNOT FLY.
    You're going to need to find some other example. That one was cracked a while ago. And the original myth came from a misunderstanding of an entomologist; clearly it's more of a physics problem.

physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/3410
    backreaction.blogspot.com/2008/05/bumblebees-cant-fly.html
    dctech.com/physics/features/old/bumble.php
    I shall now make myself a sandwich. God help the neighbors if they have no cheese. JTHM

Quote Originally Posted by jinxz View Post
    You're going to need to find some other example. That one was cracked a while ago. And the original myth came from a misunderstanding of an entomologist; clearly it's more of a physics problem.

physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/3410
    backreaction.blogspot.com/2008/05/bumblebees-cant-fly.html
    dctech.com/physics/features/old/bumble.php
    first link didn't work, third link was just a sermon about assumptions so I go to the second link ...

which only provides a 2-D computer simulation of a vortices interaction which Should explain how bumblebees can fly but it wasn't something that Related Directly To Bumblebees. It was actually related to the vortices created between the interactions of two static objects in a simulation designed to visualize the fluid dynamic interactions between stellar mass sized objects in cosmology. so I will still hold onto my fallacious thoughts until I see an Actual Simulation Experiment Run Specifically on Bumblebee flight. but it is a Great example of Never Assuming Anything.

so I went around trying to find another 'scientific impossibility' and found;

http://www.cracked.com/article_16871_p2.html

which is good a few chuckles but I was looking for more everyday things and discovered;

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...ake-sense.html

which is a better collection of 'everyday' kinds of things which have no explanation in science as of yet ...

and all of the above helps reinforce my point about the fallibility of science -- even the scientists can't agree on a lot of what they are defining.

hee hee, this was an interesting diversion. now back to mopping the kitchen ...
    For every human problem there is an easy and simple answer. And it is always wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Since the first link didn't work for you, here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by first link
    Lasers illuminate the flight of the bumblebee

A well-known myth says that scientists once proved that bumblebees should not be able to fly. The myth started from an over-simplified calculation on a napkin at a dinner party. But even detailed models of the flight of the bumblebee are limited because they are based largely on the motion of tethered bumblebees, which behave differently. Now Lijang Zeng of Tsinghua University in China and colleagues have devised a laser system that accurately measures the key parameter in the flight of any insect - its 'body vector' (Lijang Zeng et al 2001 Meas. Sci. Technol. 12 1886).

The apocryphal story about bees not being able to fly arose because the roughness and flexibility of their wings was neglected in a quick calculation. The wings of a bumblebee bend to create vortices that provide lift on both the upward and downward strokes, and a full analysis of the bee's flight involves many factors: wing angle, wing deformation, aerodynamic and inertial forces on the wing, and so on. All of these parameters are expressed in terms of 'body vector' - that is, the exact orientation of the insect's body.

Existing methods for measuring the body vectors of insects in free flight assume that the wings act symmetrically, but this only happens if the insect is flying in a straight line. To measure body vector more accurately, Zeng and colleagues developed technique that accounts for more realistic curved flight paths.

The team glued a sliver of glass weighing just 0.8 milligrams to the top of a bumblebee's body, between its wings. The bumblebee was then allowed to fly freely inside a small clear box, illuminated from above by an array of 49 lasers. As the bumblebee changed direction and orientation, the laser beams bounced off the glass onto a trapezoidal screen suspended above the box.

Synchronized cameras above and at the side of the box monitored the position of the bumblebee and this allowed the team to calculate the angle of reflection of the laser light and then the body vector. Coupled with velocity and acceleration data provided by the cameras, the technique should allow biologists to model insect flight much more precisely. Using the new method, Zeng's team found that the bumblebee's body vector varied considerably, even as it flew in their small experimental chamber.
    You should be closer to letting the BubbleBee myth go, lol
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    Since the first link didn't work for you, here it is:

You should be closer to letting the BubbleBee myth go, lol
    and I am ... except for two things abut this experiment ...

1 - they Added Weight. yes it was only 0.8 milligrams but How Much does a Bee weigh? and how much weight would this work out to (in scale) adding to a sparrow or seagull in order to determine their flight characteristics? and would ANY scientist trying to find Truth allow for the Addition of Mass to an object they are studying? they Changed The Variables In Their Test Subject and Tested It Anyways. so from a Purely Scientific Standpoint this Experiment is Invalid due to the additional mass attached to the test subject before the observations were made.

2 - It Was A Closed Box. as far as I know, the majority of Bumblebees fly in the open, not surrounded by 6 walls which would Drastically Alter the Aerodynamic and Hydrodynamic properties of air and flow. were they testing to find out the Bumblebee's flight characteristics in the Hive? No - they were Testing Flight Characteristics in General. so from a Purely Scientific Standpoint this test is doubly invalid because of this closed room factor.

in short, they tested to see if a Bumblebee could fly in a closed box with weight glued to it ...

yes it flew, but they DID NT determine the Natural Flight Characteristics of a Bumblebee, they 'discovered' that putting a Bumblebee into an Unnatural Environment did Not impede it's flight characteristics.

so we have data on How Bees Fly In CLosed Boxes With Weight Attached.

this is NOT the Same as testing a Bumblebee In Flight.

sorry to all you debunkers but I'm going to be stupidly obstinate about this. I want to see a Test of a Bumblebee in Flight - not in a closed box, with weight attached or with radio control overrides built in or any other bells and whistles.

Because science hasn't Proven anything except that this poor insect can manage to do something which Science is still at odds to explain. and in all the Efforts to Prove it, Science manages to Screw Up The Initial Conditions Of The Experiment in order To Find Results -- kind of like how survey companies run their surveys until they get the results the contractor wants ...

They used the experiment to determine the movement and flight aerodynamics and used that to create an simulation of how the bee would fly in an open space without weight glued on its back. Which in turn they used to calculate whether or not a bee is able to remain in the air or not.

What you are suggesting is such scientific nitpicking that it would be impossible to answer any question.

And I kinda fail too see what bumblebees have to do with Vampirism.

Quote Originally Posted by lycanox View Post
    What you are suggesting is such scientific nitpicking that it would be impossible to answer any question.
    I am merely applying a similar set of 'scientific' principles as are readily applied on this board to such ephemera as Religion and such. if Science Geeks (of which I am one) demand such care and nit picking when it comes to definitions of God and the Bible then why not apply such nit pickiness to Real Life? or would you rather we just Vague Out in order to satisfy the Lowest Common Denominator? (We ALL Get Medals for Competing! ESPECIALLY the Losers!)

Quote Originally Posted by lycanox View Post
    And I kinda fail too see what bumblebees have to do with Vampirism.
    nothing actually, I made a statement ridiculing the idea of 'scientific' evidence for Meta-Physical phenomenon and rather than address the core of the issue OTHERS (not me) have chosen to get side tracked and 'call' me on my metaphor and not on the point I was making.

of course if you'd bothered to Read the Posts in this Thread from Top to Bottom then you might not have had to ask that question ...

I am not guilty of going off track, I made a metaphor and Others chose to run with only One Small Aspect of my post.

but, hey, we're all human right? right?

Actually I was just hoping to get things back on topic again with that statement.

I think we see it in the forums everyday. Some poster feeding off another. We can see it in chatrooms also.

Sort of like a Troll who lives off the excitement of trolling and when they don't get paid attention to leave because they are not getting what they wanted.

damn, maybe I was exhibiting signs of Psychic Vampirism ... forgive me if I did so ...

Thread Information