Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Common sense question on Noah's ark?

Leader of the bomb shelter Contributor one14am's Avatar
    Disable These Ads!
    Uki says. "if i remember correctly, noah built the ark over the course of 100 years or so... that is plenty of time to gather animals from around the globe, or their DNA anyway... "

Perhaps Noah was a corporation, with an acronym. Never Organize Against Humanity.

And the fan mail just pours in.

Did I strike a nerve.
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member J. Cruise's Avatar
    No Traveler, you didn't strike a nerve, we just like to bask in your utter stupidity! lol... If anything you only re-opened the can of worms for yourself, seeing as no xian as ever produced any "real" evidence of any kind, so now all that's left to do is mock your pathetic attempt at proving your "faith" is more realistic and acceptable than cold hard facts. Faith in a "god" written about in a book that was written by MEN... not "god" himself lol... The truth is, I pitty you and you're need to feel part of something greater than you actually are.
    Pro= Good, Con= Bad, Progress= to move forward, Congress= US Government... hmmmm.... "it's all fun and games until someone loses their faith... then it's just funny!"

The cold hard facts are that Science does not have a viable explanation as to why matter even exists in this universe in the first place.

There just simply is no source of energy available to form even the first atom in the vacuum of nothingness that was later to provide the space that our universe now occupies.
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

vote for change... Contributor MapMan's Avatar
    I don't believe that there was a biblical flood or that Noah built a boat and put all the animals in it! Something on that scale would leave some sort of evidence.

I'm not sure any rational person would disagree.

It begs the question why it is in the Old Testament though. Perhaps long ago they used to explain the bible stories when they were reciting them (I'm talking about before things were written down). Perhaps it's just a story they used to use to illustrate a point. If you put your metaphor cap on you could use the story to explain to people using imagery something along the lines of:

1. There was once great evil in the world committed by the people who didn't follow Judaism.
    2. There were a group of people who God selected to save (The Jews).
    3. God appointed a man to save these people from the other, more evil people.
    4. This man and his followers followed the Jewish way of life.
    5. [The concept of sea and oceans being where evil resides is repeated throughout Jewish theology].
    6. The Jews were given charge of the animals (echos back to the creation story where man is given charge of the animals) and saved them from the evil (look at various Kashrut laws)
    7. God allowed the evil non Jews to be overcome by their own evil that he had set the Jews apart from.
    8. By following the man that God appointed the Jews were saved from evil.

I'm probably totally wrong but if there are any Rabbis about manybe they could help?

I firmly believe that in the days before the enlightenment, people used to use stories to illustrate points they were trying to make. Of course, nowadays we just say what we mean and about 25% understand it, 25% don't understand it and 50% don't listen!

Call it mind control or whatever - isn't everything we see and here mind control??!

Well here is another link to get you all raging again.

The land of giants destroyed by floods and ice

http://www.officialdisclosure.com/giants.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    The cold hard facts are that Science does not have a viable explanation as to why matter even exists in this universe in the first place.

There just simply is no source of energy available to form even the first atom in the vacuum of nothingness that was later to provide the space that our universe now occupies.
    So what you're saying is that since we haven't figured EVERYTHING out yet that you'd rather believe in some fairytale that was pretty much borrowed from all the major civilizations?? Riiiight... next thing you're gonna tell me is that you believe in the tooth fairy too! lol xians really make me laugh.
    Pro= Good, Con= Bad, Progress= to move forward, Congress= US Government... hmmmm.... "it's all fun and games until someone loses their faith... then it's just funny!"

Ok traveler, so if the Inca (which have been around for thousands of years before xianity) believe it was their "god" that created the "giants" and the Maya and Olmec believe their "god" created them and you believe your "god" created it, who's to say which one is right? Of course you believe your's is the only true "god" but they believe in their "god" just as much as you believe in yours, do you think that just because you have a book filled with a bunch of stories about "god's work" and his "son" that you are correct? Cuz last I checked, the jews and the muslims both have books too! So what makes you right and everyone else wrong? Please... enlighten me! lol

On a personal note, I would believe that flying gorilla's or alien's built those geogplyphs before a race of giants created from the "watchers" and daughters of men lol

FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    There just simply is no source of energy available to form even the first atom in the vacuum of nothingness that was later to provide the space that our universe now occupies
    OMG! You know precisely DICK about the big bang theory! Here is a hint, Space/Time is what expanded into existence! Not just matter.
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

Now now now DBA you have to realize that we're dealing with brainwashed sheeple here and that they might not be able to wrap their little minds around the real facts of the big bang theory because their pastor already told them all the wrong information about it to make sure their "faith" doesn't get questioned... they're not getting the "blood of christ" in those little cups... it's the brainwashing kool-aid! lol

Adventuring Infidel Cyranothe2nd's Avatar
    Traveller,
    And alternate but more believable explanation of the ruins around Lake Titicaca would be that regular old humans made them. There are many such monoliths around the world that were made by human hands, like the Pyramids and Stonehenge, not to mention many Aztec and Mayan monuments. There is absolutely no reason to believe that "giants" had anything to do with it, anymore than I should believe that unicorns were used to pull the sledges that moved the stones.

The structures themselves are not evidence of the existence of half man/half angels. Such evidence would be: bones, bodies, inactive DNA in some races, ect.
    "We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men not from men who feared to write, to associate, to speak and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."

Edward R. Murrow

I think you may all like this one

Quote Originally Posted by DontBeAfraid View Post
    OMG! You know precisely DICK about the big bang theory! Here is a hint, Space/Time is what expanded into existence! Not just matter.
    Bubbles within bubbles? Sure, why not.

I'm sure it will all be revised next year for the next exciting episode of why it won't work .

FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    I think you may all like this one
    Skeletons in the foreground and people digging in the distant background? What has that to do with anything traveler?
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

Wow... I know how to play with photoshop too!!!! lol you xians and your hoax's.... lol never cease to amaze me!

Oh and anyone who knows anything about archaeology knows that if the bones were that uncovered they wouldn't have laborers using pick-axe's they would have the actual scientists gently unearthing the bones in the interest of preserving as much of them as possible... not to mention the fact that if these "giants" are in fact as old as it's said they are then there would not be that much loose sand on them... it is clearly a staged photo. Nice try tho Traveler.... keep drinking the kool-aid! lol

oooohhh look what I found on a google search! It must be true... praise jesus and thank the lord I have been SAVED!!!! Thank you google so much for opening my eyes!! lol seriously traveler... if this is real then the giants in your picture must have been babies! lol

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Bubbles within bubbles? Sure, why not.

I'm sure it will all be revised next year for the next exciting episode of why it won't work .
    Actually it works ridiculously well. That is why it is the currently accepted theory. Yes, there are a couple problems, but there is also a great deal of explanatory power with the current model. Not to mention that the current model is an extrapolation of theory that works every day in experiment and in the technology you use.

And as for matter coming from nothing
    , look up quantum fluctuations. Very rare apparent violations of energy conservation are permitted for very very very tiny lengths of time in quantum mechanics.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by J.Cruse signiture
    Still waiting to find an "Intelligent christian"!!!

J. Cruise, I found you an intelligent Christian:

(skip the intro and prayer)

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

OOOHHH... now I believe in mermaids too! lol

I think the ghost should have chosen a more profile type pose don't you?

And now flying sharks in San Fancisco Bay??? What is the world coming to? lol

See I can do it too!!!!

Cartesian, thanks but I'm at work right now so youtube won't come up... however i found the Chupacabra!!!! lol

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    It's Dr. Kennith Miller, author of "Finding Darwin's God." He is the one who helped hand the creationists their ass in the Dover trials. He especially handled Behe and friends, and during his cross examination at the stand they had nothing to say about the scientific details he presented (he says in the vid he was disappointed, because he was quite prepared).

Informative video for both scientific content and for exposing the deceptive methods of creationists. The IDiots were utterly shut down- and what is worse is that the judge was a conservative one!

Miller is important because he is a Christian, but one of the most vocal proponents of evolution in particular, and science in general. I put him on the same level as Richard Dawkins in terms of laymen writing ability and in terms of importance to the public education of science. In fact, while Dawkins can be detrimental to that cause at times, Miller, being a Christian, is much harder to just write off as an evil activist. He is witty, knows his stuff, uncompromising on the observable facts, but quite willing to accept faith as it is. He is very active in persevering the integrity of pubic science education, and very important to it.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

Dammit!!! Now I'm gonna have to come up with a new sig!!! GRRRRRRR!!! lol... the rest of them are still IDiots lol

I recently wrote a paper about ID and talked a lot about the Dover trial. Judge Jones' ruling is a must-read...very insightful and funny.

http://www.pamd.uscourts.gov/kitzmil...cv2688-111.pdf
    "We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men not from men who feared to write, to associate, to speak and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."

Edward R. Murrow

Dead Meat
    The FLOOD was GLOBAL because the RAQIA enveloped the entire Planet Earth.
    GAY SEXUALITY is not GENETIC it is an unclean spirit possessed by the 'gay' person.
    Angels from heaven gathered pairs of animals on devine instruction.
    Antedilucian animals which was genetically engineered by THE EVIL ONE, was not on board the ARK and was destroyed by the FLOOD; that was the whole purpose of the exercise: The 'sons' of the 'elohim' (the supernatural beings) took from the beautiful daughters of ADAM whom they liked and raped them and the children were the NEPHIL. 'Giants' and they were all destroyed durig the FLOOD but they did the same heinious crime after the flood and that is why CANAAN is cursed and from NIMROD came the mixing of seed with animals and the resultant APE-MEN: homo sapiens.

Ummmm...okay Chris_Nel.

Edward R. Murrow

Thread Information