Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just how old is humanity

One of many Forsaken Contributor Sabacthani's Avatar

Just how old is humanity

Disable These Ads!
    Hello, before posting any links or scientific data - I'd like to get a couple views on how old some people think humanity is, was, or could be? Does anyone think that humans may have been around for millions of years?

Imagine if this were true and we, at this stage in civilization think we are the pinnacle of what humans have ever been..

First my opinion and after some input I'll post links that I think are viable to this question.

I believe mankind has been around for millions of years. Yes millions, the earth recycles itself via earthquake, tsunami, and various other earth changing events to include non earthly events, with few survivors. Some of these survivors retain knowledge and "try" to rebuild and this scenario is were we get some of the ancient artifacts that are found throughout the world. What if ancient civilizations were based on these survivors and there were no brickmasons, no mechanics, no artist or mathematicians, no doctors... or better yet a few of each located in random areas of the world.

Which would explain why some ancient civilizations seemed to pick up the pieces much faster then others where some professions did not survive. For instance most people would think that brain surgery is a modern medical procedure. Well, theres proof of ancient brain surgery. This isn't to far fetched and it just takes an open mind to understand we are just in the cyber and fossil fuel age.

Some examples (without links yet) are the baghdad battery - the grooved spheres (which were dated to 2 billions years plus some) and there are many more. Archeology is kinda of my new interest along with various fields of astrology - astrophysics - astrobiology - theoretical physics to name a few. In a way they all tie in together.

I do understand that subject matter is viewed as an attack on Christianity and would further state I was once a Christian so save yourself the trouble....

Anyways - thoughts?

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member The Wicked Priest's Avatar
    There's lots of evidence to suggest that humans, or some another intelligent ape, have been around for at least a million years.

So, not only is it possible, it's a fact. I believe there was an advanced civilization that is almost completely lost to us now... maybe more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabacthani
    Some examples (without links yet) are the baghdad battery - the grooved spheres (which were dated to 2 billions years plus some) and there are many more. Archeology is kinda of my new interest along with various fields of astrology - astrophysics - astrobiology - theoretical physics to name a few. In a way they all tie in together.
    Humans have been around for awhile, but not that long really. If you think about the age of the Earth and shit, we're still infants.

Sorry to be a Dick about things, but the "Grooved Spheres" aren't much for prooving Ancient Intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Wiki
    These objects have been cited by alternative researchers and reporters in books, i.e Cremo and Thompson (1993, 1999); popular articles, i.e. Barritt (1982), Jimison (1982), and Jochmans (1995); and innumerable web pages, i.e. Barton (nd) and Psybertronist (nd) as purportedly anomalous "out-of-place artifacts" that could only have been manufactured by intelligent beings. Conventional geologists, i.e. Cairncross (1988) and Heinrich (1997, 2007, 2008), who have personally studied these objects, have argued that these objects are not manufactured, but the result of natural processes.
    Wiki | Klerksdorp Spheres

I had heard about these a few years back and I was shocked and shit. I was interested instantly, so I checked out a bunch of articles and pics.

I'm a firm believer of Life Elsewhere, I originally thought that this would be Alien in Origin, not from Past Humans as you do. If either of these were proven correct it would be amazing... Unfortunately:

Quote Originally Posted by All Hail the Wiki
    The various claims, i.e. Jochmans (1995) and Cremo and Thompson (1993, 1999), that these objects are either "perfectly round" or perfect spheres is now known to be incorrect as directly observed by Heinrich (1997, 2007, 2008). These specimens vary widely in shape, from noticeably flattened spheres to distinct disks. As illustrated by Heinrich (2007), some of the Klerksdorp "spheres" are intergrown with each other, like a mass of soap bubbles. The observations and figure refute claims that these objects are either always spherical or isolated in their occurrence. As noted by Heinrich (2007, 2008), even grooved spheres are not perfect spheres and some consist of intergrown spheres.

Similarly, the claims that these objects consist of metal, i.e. "...a nickel-steel alloy which does not occur naturally..." according to Jochmans (1995), are definitely false as discovered by Cairncross (1988) and Heinrich (2007. 2008). The fact that many of the web pages that make this claim also incorrectly identify the pyrophyllite quarries, from which these objects came, as the "Wonderstone Silver Mine" is evidence that these authors have not bothered to verify the validity of, in this case, misinformation taken from other sources since these quarries are neither known as silver mines nor silver has ever been mined in them in the decades, in which they have been in operation (Nel et al. 1937, Lanham 2004).
    I find it fairly incredible that the earth can form this sort of thing Naturally. It's really neat.

I am interested in your Theories of Mankind though, so keep this shit coming.

I believe that in our exact physical being as we are now (homo sapien sapiens)- we've been around for approximately 270 thousand years. Our DNA has been traced back to South Africa 270 thousand years ago. Before that - humanoids were in various forms and intelligence levels.

And I agree with Fut in life elsewhere and their impact on the Earth for probably millions and millions of years.

I share the view that intelligent and civilized humans have existed for aeons, on Earth and on other planets -and in higher dimensional existence. We have lost this higher knowledge millennia ago. The Egyptians, Maya, Toltec, Celts, Ancient Hindu, Cathars and many others share this knowledge, that we are not limited earth-bound physical beings, but eternal spiritual beings journeying through time.

Yes, the current "story" of prehistory is utter nonsense, like most of the general theory of science. We are not at the pinnacle of the evolution of knowledge or even technology.

Couple of examples:

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_6_1.htm
    http://www.morien-institute.org/yonaguni.html

And of course, this is important, pyramids and other structures on Mars:

http://www.mt.net/~watcher/mars.html
    http://www.mt.net/~watcher/pyramid.html
    http://www.qtm.net/~geibdan/cydonia.html

See more on Project Camelot - interviews

http://www.projectcamelot.org/interviews.html

There exists, human, trans-human, humanoid and other intelligent lifeforms. But the human form is quite common, it manifests sacred geometry and echoes the structure of the larger hyperdimensional Cosmos.

Yes Ananda I know of the pyramids on Mars - and the face and the statue. People always say that they are just rocks or a play of shadow and light. How very narrow minded and naive.

I just read somewhere yesterday that Spanish scientist are close to finding or have found a twin planet to Earth in another solar system.

There was a civilization that was destroyed before ours, it's known as Noahs flood. The event recorded in one form or another all over the world.

For our DNA to be recorded back to a specific time and place indicates a start or beginning.

But I must conclude that if we have only come this far in all that time then we are not doing too well are we?
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jena
    Yes Ananda I know of the pyramids on Mars - and the face and the statue. People always say that they are just rocks or a play of shadow and light. How very narrow minded and naive.
    High resolution cameras have more than proven that the face and pyramids are nothing but a play of shadows and fuzzy resolutions....

Quote Originally Posted by traveler
    There was a civilization that was destroyed before ours, it's known as Noahs flood.
    This is the history section. Present some geologicalproof of your radical extraordinary claim.... Or take it back to the christian corner.
    Last edited by DontBeAfraid; Apr 13th, 2008 at 4:58 PM.
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member The Wicked Priest's Avatar
    Every single one of these places has a non biblical flood myth.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flood-myths.html
    * Europe
    o Greek, Arcadian, Samothrace
    o Roman
    o Scandinavian, German
    o Celtic, Welsh
    o Lithuanian, Transylvanian Gypsy
    o Turkey
    * Near East
    o Sumerian
    o Egypt, Babylonian, Assyrian, Chaldean, Hebrew, Islamic
    o Persian, Zoroastrian
    * Africa
    o Cameroon
    o Masai (East Africa), Komililo Nandi, Kwaya (Lake Victoria)
    o Southwest Tanzania, Pygmy, Ababua (northern Zaire), Kikuyu (Kenya), Bakongo (west Zaire), Bachokwe? (southern Zaire), Lower Congo, Basonge, Bena-Lulua (Congo River, southeast Zaire)
    o Yoruba (southwest Nigeria), Efik-Ibibio (Nigeria), Ekoi (Nigeria)
    o Mandingo (Ivory Coast)
    * Asia
    o Vogul
    o Samoyed (north Siberia)
    o Yenisey-Ostyak (north central Siberia), Kamchadale (northeast Siberia)
    o Altaic (central Asia), Tuvinian (Soyot) (north of Mongolia)
    o Mongolia, Buryat (eastern Siberia)
    o Sagaiye (eastern Siberia)
    o Russian
    o Hindu, Bhil (central India), Kamar (Raipur District, Central India), Assam
    o Tamil (southern India)
    o Lepcha (Sikkim), Tibet, Singpho (Assam), Lushai (Assam), Lisu (northwest Yunnan, China), Lolo (southwestern China), Jino (southern Yunnan, China), Karen (Burma), Chingpaw (Upper Burma)
    o China
    o Korea
    o Munda (north-central India), Santal (Bengal), Ho (southwestern Bengal)
    o Bahnar (Cochin China), Kammu (northern Thailand)
    o Andaman Islands (Bay of Bengal)
    o Zhuang (China), Sui (southern Guizhou, China), Shan (Burma)
    o Tsuwo (Formosa interior), Bunun (Formosa interior), Ami (eastern Taiwan)
    o Benua-Jakun (Malay Peninsula), Kelantan (Malay Peninsula), Ifugao (Philippines), Kiangan Ifugao, Atá (Philippines), Mandaya (Philippines), Tinguian (Luzon, Philippines)
    o Batak (Sumatra), Nias (an island west of Sumatra), Engano (another island west of Sumatra), Dusun (British North Borneo), Dyak (Borneo), Ot-Danom (Dutch Borneo), Toradja (central Celebes), Alfoor (between Celebes and New Guinea), Rotti (southwest of Timor), Nage (Flores)
    * Australia
    o Arnhem Land (northern Northern Territory)
    o Maung (Goulburn Islands, Arnhem Land), Gunwinggu (northern Arnhem Land)
    o Gumaidj (Arnhem Land)
    o Manger (Arnhem Land)
    o Fitzroy River area (Western Australia)
    o Australian, Mount Elliot (coastal Queensland), Western Australia, Andingari (South Australia), Wiranggu (South Australia), Narrinyeri (South Australia), Victoria, Lake Tyres (Victoria), Kurnai (Gippsland, Victoria), southeast Australian
    o Maori (New Zealand)
    * Pacific Islands
    o Kabadi (New Guinea), Valman (northern New Guinea), Mamberao River (Irian Jaya), Samo-Kubo (western Papua New Guinea), Papua New Guinea
    o Palau Islands (Micronesia), western Carolines
    o New Hebrides, Lifou (one of the Loyalty Islands), Fiji
    o Samoa, Nanumanga (Tuvalu, South Pacific), Mangaia (Cook Islands), Rakaanga (Cook Islands), Raiatea (Leeward Group, French Polynesia), Tahiti, Hawaii
    * North America
    o Innuit, Eskimo (Orowignarak, Alaska), Norton Sound Eskimo, Central Eskimo, Tchiglit Eskimo (Arctic Ocean), Herschel Island Eskimo, Netsilik Eskimo, Greenlander
    o Tlingit (southern Alaska coast), Hareskin (Alaska), Tinneh (Alaska and south), Loucheux (Dindjie) (Alaska), Dogrib and Slave (Tinneh tribes), Kaska (northern inland British Columbia), Thompson Indians (British Columbia), Sarcee (Alberta), Tsetsaut
    o Haida (Queen Charlotte Is., British Columbia), Tsimshian (British Columbia)
    o Kwakiutl (British Columbia)
    o Kootenay (southeast British Columbia), Squamish (British Columbia), Bella Coola (British Columbia), Lillooet (Green River, British Columbia), Makah (Cape Flattery, Washington), Klallam (northwest Washington), Skokomish (Washington), Skagit (Washington), Quillayute (Washington), Nisqually (Washington), Twana (Puget Sound, Washington), Kathlamet
    o Cascade Mountains
    o Spokana, Nez Perce, Cayuse (eastern Washington), Yakima (Washington), Warm Springs (Oregon), Joshua (southern Oregon), Smith River (northern California coast), Wintu (north central California), Maidu (central California), Northern Miwok (central California), Tuleyome Miwok (near Clear Lake, California), Olamentko Miwok (Bodega Bay, California) Ohlone (San Francisco to Monterey, California)
    o Kato (Mendocino County, California)
    o Shasta (northern California interior), Pomo (north central California), Salinan (California), Yuma (western Arizona, southern California), Havasupai (lower Colorado River)
    o Ashochimi (California)
    o Yurok (north California coast), Blackfoot (Alberta and Montana), Cree (Canada), Timagami Ojibway (Canada), Chippewa (Ontario, Minnesota, Wisconsin), Ottawa, Menomini (Wisconsin-Michigan border), Cheyenne (Minnesota), Yellowstone, Montagnais (northern Gulf of St. Lawrence), Micmac (eastern Maritime Canada), Algonquin (upper Ottowa River), Lenape (Delaware) (Delaware to New York)
    o Cherokee (Great Lakes area; eastern Tennessee)
    o Mandan (North Dakota), Lakota
    o Choctaw (Mississippi), Natchez (Lower Mississippi)
    o Chitimacha (Southern Louisiana)
    o Caddo (Oklahoma, Arkansas), Pawnee (Nebraska)
    o Navajo (Four Corners area), Jicarilla Apache (northeastern New Mexico)
    o Sia (northeast Arizona)
    o Acagchemem (near San Juan Capistrano, California), Luiseño (Southern California), Pima (southwest Arizona), Papago (Arizona), Hopi (northeast Arizona), Zuni (New Mexico)
    * Central America
    o Tarascan (northern Michoacan, Mexico), Michoacan (Mexico)
    o Yaqui (Sonoran, Northern Mexico), Tarahumara (Northern Mexico), Huichol (western Mexico), Cora (east of the Huichols), Tepecano (southeast of the Huichols), Tepehua (eastern Mexico), Toltec (Mexico), Nahua (central Mexico), Tlaxcalan (central Mexico)
    o Tlapanec (south central Mexico), Mixtec (northern Oaxaca, Mexico), Zapotec (Oaxaca, southern Mexico), Trique (Oaxaca, southern Mexico)
    o Totonac (eastern Mexico)
    o Chol (southern Mexico), Tzeltal (Chiapas, southern Mexico), Quiché (Guatemala), Maya (southern Mexico and Guatemala)
    o Popoluca (Veracruz, Mexico)
    o Nicaragua, Panama
    o Carib (Antilles)
    * South America
    o Acawai (Orinoco), Arekuna (Guyana), Makiritare (Venezuela), Macusi (British Guyana)
    o Muysca (Colombia), Yaruro (southern Venezuela)
    o Yanomamö (southern Venezuela)
    o Tamanaque (Orinoco), Arawak (Guyana), Pamary, Abedery, and Kataushy (Purus R., Brazil), Ipurina (Upper Amazon)
    o Jivaro (eastern Ecuador), Shuar (Andes)
    o Murato (eastern Ecuador)
    o Cañari (Quito, Ecuador)
    o Guanca and Chiquito (Peru)
    o Ancasmarca (near Cuzco, Peru), Canelos Quechua, Quechua, Inca (Peru), Colla (high Andes)
    o Chiriguano (southeast Bolivia)
    o Chorote (Eastern Paraguay)
    o Eastern Brazil (Rio de Janiero region), Eastern Brazil (Cape Frio region), Caraya (Araguaia River, central Brazil), Coroado (south Brazil)
    o Araucania (coastal Chile)
    o Toba (northern Argentina)
    o Selk'nam (southern tip of Argentina)
    o Yamana (Tierra del Fuego)

Every single one of these places has a non biblical flood myth.
    So?.... The debate is not that there have not been any large floods.... Its that there has not been a worldwide flood in the last 6000 years.

No the point is that there is every reason to believe that there was an advanced civilization on the earth before and that it got wiped out leaving a few survivors to start anew from scratch.

To destroy an advanced civilization on a planetary scale you will need an extinction event like that described in the story of Noah.
    Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high.

A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

No the point is that there is every reason to believe that there was an advanced civilization on the earth before
    You most certainly have some sort of proof this this ADDITIONAL extraordinary claim.

To destroy an advanced civilization on a planetary scale you will need an extinction event like that described in the story of Noah.
    What does this have to do with history?

All of your replies are appreciated. Yeah Fut - After reading a little more those stones are a bad example.

As far as "noahs" flood or historical floods throughout various cultures I posted a video that explains it all in a different thread but I'll link it here as well. It does happen to further anchor my belief in millions of years of civilizations come and gone. After watching this video I'd like to see how some respond as well.

There is an interview with a guy named Michael Tasarion in it who has a few outlandish ideas. But, the interview portion for him was nothing more then historical - not his usual ramblings ( I however like his ramblings )

Video *Global catastrophic events throughout our past have severed the flow of information from one generation to the next, creating permanent gaps in history and knowledge. Civilizations that came before us knew of the upcoming inevitable catastrophe, leaving behind major clues that have just been recently discovered. The knowledge that was once lost is the missing link that provides a clear understanding of how our world truly operates. Ironically, these clues also inform us that time is running out; sooner than you may believe.*

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...87710587821961

So perhaps the Sumerian civilization was not the earliest civilization - only the first to recover after a major catastrophe. I've never been good at expressing what my point is in writing.

[QUOTE=DontBeAfraid;208760]High resolution cameras have more than proven that the face and pyramids are nothing but a play of shadows and fuzzy resolutions.../QUOTE]

I don't for one minute believe anything our government shows us. I find it hard to believe that you do. I can let the face go - but where are the high res pictures of the pyramids? Maybe they exist and I've never seen them. It's funny that all pictures of them look EXACTLY like the space pictures of the Pyramids in Egypt.

Does anyone think that humans may have been around for millions of years?
    PFFF, millions of years?
    What,
    is the sexual revelution confined to the sixtys.?..or was it a vibrant thing always.?
    You know how many people would exist if people were sexually active right from the start of a millions year old civilisation.?

All i see then, is catastrophe after catastrohe, with large parts of humanty falling victim to.....whatever catastrophe hit . consistently over time, yet left intact diverse cultural manifestations intact in every part of the globe.

Things are more consistant with the earths habitation being young..including the population.
    And those castles made of sand,
    fall into the sea.....................
    eventually.

You know how many people would exist if people were sexually active right from the start of a millions year old civilisation.?
    About as many as the earth could sustain. Limited resources is one of the factors consistent and indeed integral with evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    PFFF, millions of years?
    What,
    is the sexual revolution confined to the sixtys.?..or was it a vibrant thing always.?
    You know how many people would exist if people were sexually active right from the start of a millions year old civilization.?

All i see then, is catastrophe after catastrophe, with large parts of humanity falling victim to.....whatever catastrophe hit . consistently over time, yet left intact diverse cultural manifestations intact in every part of the globe.

Things are more consistent with the earths habitation being young..including the population.
    I don't even know what to say here. I was once closed minded as well, brain washed by a book that isn't even original in context. But enough about that this isn't the religious thread anyways.

I think you are missing the point. Evidence suggest quite the opposite of what you are saying. I understand now why people get very upset when others deny evidence and opt for blind faith.

In either case, new earth or catastrophic earth renewal, there are two ways to approach it. Either you believe in your book or you believe in research and proven fact.

I promise to never bring any of this into your religious thread as long as you likewise keep you beliefs out of this one. In other words if you don't want to contribute positively then don't contribute at all please. I'm convinced, I've been down both paths ;)

* I took the time to spell check the your comment that I quoted - you'll have to spell check your own if it matters to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    PFFF, millions of years?
    is the sexual revolution confined to the sixty's.?..or was it a vibrant thing always.?
    The gist of it is that throughout history major events happened that wiped the majority of the population. Therefore there aren't the exuberant amounts of people that would have existed had this not been the case. Archeology, fossils, geology, underwater cities - structures off the coast of almost EVERY coastal area inhabited by humans, proof of a temperate climate under Southern Antarctica ice.

Its all proven, documented and I hate to say it but I'd have to toe the line with the very people I used to despise when I visited these forums as a "Christian".

Anyhow, I don't think personal beliefs effect us in such a way as to warrant attacks so I choose not to look down upon people that still have their religious blinders on.

I guess I should clarify that I am speaking of is a pole shift : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_shift.

Something I find very interesting in regards to factual evidences is found in dry lava, which retains its magnetic polarity at the time it solidifies. Much like the process geologist/researchers take arctic ice core samples, Dry lava (basalt) samples show polarity changes which clearly indicates a shifting in the earths magnetic polarity. Paleomagnetismis the of study of the record of the Earth's magnetic field preserved in various magnetic minerals through time. There are gradual changes in magnetic alignments, and frighteningly enough there are abrupt changes.

Which provides answers to many questions. The worlds oceans would be shaking about and give the guise of a possible world wide flood. Continents are uprooted cold climates become warm and war cold. New oceans are formed (much the same way its happening in Africa as we speak) http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...n1115779.shtml

What ever the catalyst for such an event there are people whom believe we are heading for another one shortly. Matters little to me I'm interested in this for hindsight. Besides, I live in Alaska and feel I deserve a change in scenery.

http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/dynamic/dynamic.html

http://www.phy6.org/earthmag/reversal.htm

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sci_2.htm (I suggest this link if this subject interest you)

"In a polar region there is a continual deposition of ice, which is not symmetrically distributed about the pole. The earth's rotation acts on these asymmetrically deposited masses [of ice], and produces centrifugal momentum that is transmitted to the rigid crust of the earth. The constantly increasing centrifugal momentum produced in this way will, when it has reached a certain point, produce a movement of the earth's crust over the rest of the earth's body, and this will displace the polar regions toward the equator."
    Albert Einstein From The Path of the Pole by Charles Hapgood
    Last edited by Sabacthani; Apr 17th, 2008 at 8:21 PM.

Local Pedant Contributor lazserus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabacthani
    Hello, before posting any links or scientific data - I'd like to get a couple views on how old some people think humanity is, was, or could be? Does anyone think that humans may have been around for millions of years?
    200,000 years. Humans have only been around that long. Everything prior is not considered human, but primate, or hominid variation. That's less time than it takes you to blink in earth time. The oldest known organism is cyanobacteria, which goes back 3.8 billion years. Forget martians and aliens pygmies. Humans are only 200,00 years old. If you want to get into humanity, then I'd say it's no older than 15,000 years old. If you don't know the difference, then perhaps you should consider reading a book. ;)

Radioactive Serious Member The Fallen's Avatar
    I recall reading in a book I have somewhere about a fossilized human footprint, apparantly wearing a sandle, which had crushed a living trilobite. If this is the case, then man is much older than originally thought - at least the race of man as we know it.

Whose to say that there wasnt an older race of man which evolved separately from the race we know today, which could have either ceased to exist or become nearly extinct only to interbreed with the lesser race of man which became us?
    "Fame is fleeting. Infamy is eternal."
    "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Darkness."

Life is good Contributor Tired Old Man's Avatar
    Wow this was good. Boring but good.
    I've been wacthing a movie "The Man From Earth" at least five times now. It's about a man who lived 14 thousand years. You would think his knowledge would be great. Not true. He only remembers certain things in his life. It kind of fits in here.
    No one can retain enough knowledge to rebuild life as we know it. There is a lot of things I know how to make and do. As long as I can go to the store and buy what I need to make them.
    I too belive that man has been around a long time. A lot longer than what we know.

Life is good Contributor Tired Old Man's Avatar
    Wow this was good. Boring but good.
    I've been wacthing a movie "The Man From Earth" at least five times now. It's about a man who lived 14 thousand years. You would think his knowledge would be great. Not true. He only remembers certain things in his life. It kind of fits in here.
    No one can retain enough knowledge to rebuild life as we know it. There is a lot of things I know how to make and do. As long as I can go to the store and buy what I need to make them.
    I too belive that man has been around a long time. A lot longer than what we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ta'Nahir View Post
    Humans are only 200,00 years old. If you want to get into humanity, then I'd say it's no older than 15,000 years old. If you don't know the difference, then perhaps you should consider reading a book. ;)
    Errr, Ok... I'll try the dictionary as a book and start with both humanity and humans as my first reading assignment.

hu·man Audio Help /ˈhyumən or, often, ˈyu‑/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hyoo-muhn or, often, yoo‑] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective 1.of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or having the nature of people: human frailty. 2.consisting of people: the human race. 3.of or pertaining to the social aspect of people: human affairs. 4.sympathetic; humane: a warmly human understanding. –noun 5.a human being.

hu·man·i·ty Audio Help /hyuˈmænɪti or, often, yu-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hyoo-man-i-tee or, often, yoo-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun, plural -ties. 1.all human beings collectively; the human race; humankind. 2.the quality or condition of being human; human nature. 3.the quality of being humane; kindness; benevolence.

According to bullet number 2 under the Human definition, as well as the bullet 1 under humanity - I'd say there one in the same. And if not overall they are most certainly one in the same when put into the context of this thread.

As for your numbers, they are as believable as the theory presented.

Thread Information