Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Don't get comfortable. Contributor Goldmoon's Avatar
    Disable These Ads!
    You hope for your god to return and smite the unbelievers....
    To be honest man, I love everyone, even unbelievers, I feel for them too. I have not always been good.

More than anything, I wish for them to see the goodness of the Lord, I don't want anyone to be smited.

God bless.

"He who calls on the name of the Lord, shall be saved."

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member TNAfan121's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon View Post
    To be honest man, I love everyone, even unbelievers, I feel for them too. I have not always been good.

More than anything, I wish for them to see the goodness of the Lord, I don't want anyone to be smited.

God bless.
    archangel: these words sum up my veiw on you,

FUCK OFF YOU DUMB BIBLE THUMPER

TNAFan: FUCK OFF YOU DUMB BIBLE THUMPER
    Yep, and I love you too, TNAfan...

I'm currently reading the bible and this book my grandmother gave to me called: "Prophetic Guide to the End Times."

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member raphnix's Avatar
    I finished The Wind Of Fire Trilogy already so I'm planning to read another book from the Dune Series. I still can't find the whole set in the library.

Adventuring Infidel Cyranothe2nd's Avatar
    I am reading Ovid's "Metamorphosis" for class.
    Just finished reading "The God Delusion", also for a class.
    Am also reading "Not By Genes Alone" by J. Richardson and Robert Boyd--its about the cultural transmission of certain phenomena and the biological connection (such as the increase of violence in the South due to a "culture of honor" and a corresponding increase in dopamine and heart rate when a Southerner feels that he's been dishonored--that doesn't happen for Northerners). Its pretty interesting so far.
    "We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men not from men who feared to write, to associate, to speak and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."

Edward R. Murrow

Section 8 all the way Contributor medicvet's Avatar
    Just finished reading "Summer of the Apocalypse" by James Van Pelt. GOOD book!

Am now starting on "Slaves in the Famly" by Edward Ball.

I just raed an older book written by Teddy Roosevelt titled "The Wilderness Hunter", in which he writes about his various hunts he went on over 100 years ago. It is a good read, but is really not entirely applicable in modern times, as much has changed as far as hunting lands go.

"The Rifle in America" by Sharpe is also an older book, which discusses the modern firearms at the time of its publication, which is pre WW2 from the late 1930's. It discusses many older firearms, and lays out the progression of firearms up to that time in the US.

I just purchased the newest version of "Patriots:Surviving the Coming Collapse" by James Rawles. It is being released today and can be found on Amazon.com for less than $11 USD.

Lepton Boson Muon Guy Contributor Mezurashi's Avatar
    for no reason at all I picked up an old and beat up copy of Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson to re-read - always a fun trip.

as well I am perusing a new section of Douglas Hofsteader's Metamagical Themas which deals with communication through symbols and the meaning and power we give those symbols through development of complex language and concepts.

and, as always, I read one of the many Far Side collections in my bathroom because nothing reminds me of the futility of trying to make sense of existence better than Gary Larson's genius.
    For every human problem there is an easy and simple answer. And it is always wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member The Silence's Avatar
    I've recently finished reading a novel entitled The Kouga Ninja Scrolls, a beautiful & well written Japanese tragic romantic drama similar to Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet, but nowhere near as dull & boring. I doubt anyone else has read it in from my generation, or any other that I know of that's still alive for that matter.
    "If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's a slow death..."

Prentice Mulford -- Thoughts Are Things

Radioactive Serious Member
    Der Golem by Gustave Meyrink.
    (S)He who has a why to live, can bear almost any how.

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member JLEE's Avatar

Book of Deutsch

I am my love & my love is mine? My german is very rusty. Haven't spoken it fluently in years. Am I close? Liebchen is love right? Good God I need to brush up!
    Never fear, I WILL prove all that I say to you even if it takes me a lifetime....

Radioactive Serious Member
    haha, you're exactly right ;}
    (S)He who has a why to live, can bear almost any how.

Christianity in Crisis 21st Century - By Hank Hannegraff

Leader of the bomb shelter Seasoned Member TNAfan121's Avatar
    http://www.goldminemag.com/upload/contents/290/field_1742/ToLiveIsToDie.JPG

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member JLEE's Avatar

Books being read:

Currently National Geographics' Survival Guide. Just freshening up. : )
    Never fear, I WILL prove all that I say to you even if it takes me a lifetime....

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member perfectly_flawed's Avatar
    Well I am about halfway through Deadly Game by Cathrine Crier... its about the Scott Peterson case and all I can say is..... that dude makes me look.... id say normal but that doesn't fit right... ok how about this.... that dude is seriously fucked up!!!

Adventuring Infidel Cyranothe2nd's Avatar
    Just finished:
    Anne Bishop's 'Shalador's Lady'
    Tim Wise's 'Between Barack and a Hard Place: Racism and White Denial in the Age of
    Obama"

And a whole fuckload of books about Kant and Anti-Semitism (am writing a paper)
    "We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men not from men who feared to write, to associate, to speak and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."

Edward R. Murrow

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member The survivor's Avatar
    actually a very informative book....

Liberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg

book is loaded with a lot of "accurate" history and well written...

also just finished Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose..

accurate factual account of the Lewis and Clark expeditions

Lucky survivor Seasoned Member The survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon View Post

God bless.

wish that all people could see things like that... keep at it and do not stray from the path you have chosen.... those that attack you for your beliefs ...well they will eventually get theres...

ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER by SETH GRAHAME-SMITH...

And, I read a couple books by him years ago, but I've recently re-discovered CLIVE BARKER and I can't get enough!!!

Also just finished King's UNDER THE DOME a couple weeks ago, as well as MONSTER TRILOGY by David Wellington, and UNDER THE SKIN by Michel Faber. All highly recommendable.

Radioactive Serious Member Frank Murphy's Avatar
    Well currently 3 books at the moment... Julius Caesar, Caesars Legond (Legios X) and the Communist Manofesto. all very good books!!!
    -Your Lack Of Faith Disturbs Me: Darth Vader

Survivor, I read Undaunted Courage a while back. Ambrose was a local favorite when I lived down in the Big Easy. My book was signed by him personally for me. Anyway, if you like that book, you need to read his books on WW2, if you haven't read them already.

Prepared survivor Seasoned Member SuperDig's Avatar
    Reading One Second After by William Forstchen. Given the subject matter, I would think some of you may have already checked this one out.

It even has a foreward by Newt Gingrich. That's okay though because I havent been able to put it down.

It's a story of how America survives after a nuclear EMP cripples the entire nation. It's good stuff!

Lepton Boson Muon Guy Contributor Mezurashi's Avatar
    I'm currently 3/4 of the way through Metamagical Themas by Douglas Hofsteader, as well as in the middle of The Divine Wind by Inoguchi, Nakajima and Pineau and Mirroshades: A Cyberpunk Anthology edited by Bruce Sterling (I particularly recommend the story Mozart In Mirroshades).

after that I might re-read an old SeaBee training manual (Construction Battalion if you're wondering) - nothing like knowing how to lay down a gravel road sturdy enough to tracked vehicles, or how to set up a proper mortar emplacement ...
    For every human problem there is an easy and simple answer. And it is always wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Thread Information