Thread: Experiences of Spiritual Connectiveness through Nature

Experiences of Spiritual Connectiveness through Nature

Disable These Ads!
    I no longer can even fathom what it would be like to think of self as separated from the energy of our creation or being.
    I think the spirit of the creative force is not something separate from us that we have to reach out and obtain, but something within us, and within all living things, that we need to recognize.
    Nobody has the answers we look for, not one other person can give us the peace we look for. This is something that ultimately we have to find for ourselves.

Yet to learn to see, to learn to hear, you must do this -go into the wilderness alone. For it is not I who can teach you the ways of the gods. Such things are learned only in solitude.
    -- Matsuwa
    That which we seek to complete can be as close as our next breath. The key is to learn to recognize it for what it is.
    It isn't difficult, and it requires no religion or belief in God, to be connected to and moved by Spirit. Stand next to a waterfall and feel the negatively charged ions created by the rushing cold water charge the air and wash away your cluttered mind. Notice before a storm how alive the air feels- and it is alive, just as we are alive.

The arch of sky and mightiness of storms
    Have moved the spirit within me,
    Till I am carried away
    Trembling with joy.
    Uvavnuk, Inuit shaman
    Ritual is prayer in motion, reflected everywhere in the natural world, in life and in death.

To share a personal experience in an effort to explain...
    from November 07
    I left the house early this morning to walk along the beach in the fog. I love to do this because the sound of the sea overwhelms the chatter in my head, and the inhibited physical visibility provided by the fog allows my eyes to relax- it is like a walking mediation. Relax, let it go, no need to initiate action, simply be.

I walked all the way to the jetty and climbed on the rocks, sat there awhile.
    The fog began lifting just a tiny bit; patches of sunlight were here and there, a goldish color infused the mist in places, making the other misty air seem colder and bluer.

As I climbed down from the jetty and began my trek back, the first thing I saw was that a huge jellyfish had washed up on shore. It was breathtakingly arranged just so in its final moments, like a nebulous circular sculpture.
    I immediately kneeled before it, drew a circle around it, and then just sat there with it for a moment, thinking of it as it was alive probably less than an hour before, thinking of its beauty as it drifted with the tides and lived being tossed by the waves- one final toss and here it was now, dead. I continued to build the little circle until it looked like a crescent moon, facing the tide line.

After a short bit of time I walked on. The fog had lifted a little more, allowing me to see the shore more clearly going back than I had going forward. And this is when I saw the pelican.

It was a beautiful sight, really. Its wings were arranged as if on purpose, turned almost exactly equally on each side of the pelican. It's neck was bent into itself,so that its beak was almost parallel to its neck. A work of art lay at my feet, a work of art in death.
    I kneeled, to sit there a moment and reflect on the life of the pelican, when I realized there was waking consciousness in its eyes, and just as I realized that fact, it moved its beak just a small bit, and I saw that its breathing was shallow and labored.
    It wouldn't be too long, now.

Without thinking or planning, I sang, spontaneously starting with a traditional "Grandmother, I see you standing..." round.
    Lost in the moment... there is no time.

at some point the song became about
    the beauty of the pelican
    the beauty of life
    the beauty of death
    the beauty of kindred spirits
    the beauty of the opposing force
    the beauty of the shore
    the beauty of the sea
    the beauty of not being alone
    the beauty of solitude
    the beauty of warm salty tears
    the beauty of cold salty seas
    the beauty of the crossing

The song began to weave through me and then flow through my hands, which caused them to move in such a way that formed a shape in the sand, and this shape became the shape of a wheel. The voice quieted and slowed as the wheel was formed, and by the time I was done the air was silent of the song. There was only the sound of the sea, rolling in, rolling out, and the sea gulls.

The pelican caught my eye again with its eyes, and we locked into the silence, and I could see the consciousness ebbing with each shallow breath it took. After several missed beats, there finally the sigh of peaceful relief that signifies complete release.
    Our eyes remained connected until the crossing was done.
    Pelican looked a little smaller then.

It was a blessing to be as psychopomp for this bird whose legend is infused with magic, selflessness, non-competitiveness; who retrieves its food from spirit (water) and then becomes buoyant again, able to rise above weights.

This could have never of happened inside of a building, not for me personally, and nobody ever could have relayed the experience to me by word. It had to be felt.
    Last edited by Nu Kua; Jan 29th, 2008 at 4:23 PM. Reason: editted to remove cheesy and emotional writing
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

johnb1
    How nice and I felt my heart was happy for you on the things you did(-_-) I am deeply sorry and that's I have to agreed about the spirits I will not argue with anymore for as humans as always is sensible and defensive (-_-) Sob*.. You see that even we have all different beliefs our work and done will be judge BY GOD...but GOD always call for a Man or send Angels in every different times that can explain all questions in our life like Prophets,Servants of GOD but test the spirits if he is for real....I know it's very hard for us to know everything and it is very vast complex ideas.....Don't be angry at me I know someday somehow we will meet on the halfway..

Romans 12:3 me is included on this verse

3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

Acts 17:24 I am very sad also in my deepest heart that I hurt somebody but the TRUTH is THE TRUTH (-_-)

Acts 17:24-28

24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.

26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.

27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

the best Q. is WHY I'M HERE or WHY is ME or WHY I'm ALIVE?
    Q. Why there is a GOD and Spirits?

I really missed you now I'm really really missed to talk to you just like before you said to me (-_-)

Romans 1:20

20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. <----This why it is Doubtful and undeniable..

Question : Does all CHRISTIAN CHURCHES in the WORLD TEACHES THIS? even it is hurtful to the members of the CHURCHES

All of you here in AO Answer me WISE and Intelligent not SMART for the BENEFIT OF ALL MANKIND

IGNORING THIS QUESTION WILL BE STALKER ALWAYS IN YOUR MINDS

but knowing this TRUTH and PUT it in your Heart will BE a SHINING BRIGHT LIGHT OF ETERNAL TREASURE that WE HOLD until the DAY we close our eyes and rest in the GRAVEYARD
    Last edited by johnb1; Jan 26th, 2008 at 11:29 PM.

Oh gosh, please, somebody come up with an experience you had in nature that was meaningful to you, before I die of sheer embarrassment.

johnb1
    It is not an sheer embarrassment. it is the real feeling of a MAN of GOD at least you have show to me all of your dark side and show me all your good side and it is well and good not corrupted yet..I want you all to live your life to the fullest and enjoy like you said to me..

It's okey to me all the bad words you can all say to me but you will never heard or see on this topic that I will say harsh things with have no BASIS on the BIBLE..just continue all
    the anger in me until it will fade away and turn into love again to all everybody because GOD
    said even your enemy or adversaries must be taken care and to be love..
    Last edited by johnb1; Jan 30th, 2008 at 1:02 AM.

Have you any experiences of what you would term God through nature?
    Or of the like?

Dead Meat
    Blessed Nu Kua,

My wife and I just spent some time in Tasmania (it is the southern most state of Australia - an island separated from the mainland). While there, we did some walking around Cradle Mountain which is a most beautiful area. The first day, we walked around Dove Lake and about half way through the walk we started to squabble about something or other. After only a few words were spoken, we heard a little rustle in the scrub at our feet and peered inside. There was a little echidna (kinda like an ant-eater/hedgehog) crawling through the bushes and we were both just amazed. It was so surreal that we happened to stop right at the point where a completely concealed echidna was walking by and it was there as if to say "You guys never fight, check me out and what you were harboring will disappear". It was wonderful.

The next day we hiked up to the summit of Cradle Mountain. It took us about 7.5 hours return and was rather arduous!! Towards the summit, one has to clamber over large boulders with no real track marked out (there are poles spread around to show the way). Hard work. At the summit, the view is understandably incredible but the amazing thing for me was that I was there to see it. My wife was with me. Her beautiful little frame had clambered over these massive rocks where I had felt scared and exposed. How truly blessed I was. Not only was there this incredible nature, not only was there my wife there, not only had there been a true challenge to get to the summit... I was there to witness God's action taking place in all of these events.

Experiences such as this remind me of the story of Jesus healing the man born blind from birth... The disciples ask "Lord, who sinned, this man or his parents that he be born blind" and Jesus answers words to the effect of: "Neither. This man was born blind so that the Glory of God could be shown through him"

Our whole lives we stumble around creating hardship and suffering - if only we were not actually blind. For if that blindness was removed, we would surely see the wonderment of the living God as a constant "Alpha and Omega". As you say, it is true that no one can give you the answer, but I would argue that it is something that we can not actually find because it is always there. It was never lost, we became blind to it.

.... I once was lost, but NOW am found,
    was blind but NOW i see...

I will write more later.

Much Love and Many Blessings,
    Sadhaka.
    The pure heart is the inner purpose of all Sadhana. - Sathya Sai Baba.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadhaka
    ...it is true that no one can give you the answer, but I would argue that it is something that we can not actually find because it is always there. It was never lost, we became blind to it.
    It is always there. We just have to open up to it and experience it.

johnb1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    Have you any experiences of what you would term God through nature?
    Or of the like?
    I'm a Mountaineer and A plant Lover 2 years of experiencing climbing 3 High Mountains in the Philippines
    and Think always all the great wonders and nice places in the whole world.

Thread Information