Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why are Americans SO STUPID?!?!?

Loser of pens Contributor Vuall's Avatar
    Disable These Ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    There are lies, damned lies, and statistics. That being said, the country went all dumb ass on us when Lawyers and Medical Doctors were allowed to advertise on TV. When banks sold stocks and stock brokers sold banks. When corporations became the servants of the people and the government became the servants of corporations. When the school of hard knocks was closed to make way for the school of higher self esteem. When information became more important than wisdom, when friendship became a status of a computer program, when Dogs started wearing sweaters and kids started wearing leashes. That's when this country became stupid. It is unlikely to recover until the "baby boomer" generation has taken it's last breath.
    I think Bob is pretty close to the mark with materialism.
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

LOOSE CANNON Contributor Waymarker's Avatar
    A good gauge of peoples intelligence is to look at who they vote for.
    Here in Britain last year we had a major corruption scandal involving many MP's, some were kicked out of their parties, but others (although guilty) managed to avoid the chop.
    Came the next elections, the British public voted for several of the shamed politicians, they just didn't care that they were corrupt!
    That takes the biscuit for sheer stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by Waymarker View Post
    A good gauge of peoples intelligence is to look at who they vote for.
    Here in Britain last year we had a major corruption scandal involving many MP's, some were kicked out of their parties, but others (although guilty) managed to avoid the chop.
    Came the next elections, the British public voted for several of the shamed politicians, they just didn't care that they were corrupt!
    That takes the biscuit for sheer stupidity!
    The stupidity was with the ambiguous rules and the sensationalism of the press. SOME people weren't stupid enough to believe all that.
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

It could be related to a mass consumption of bad beer.
    You can easily see the direct correlation of low intelligence with people who buy lots of very cheap and nasty beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    It could be related to a mass consumption of bad beer.
    You can easily see the direct correlation of low intelligence with people who buy lots of very cheap and nasty beer.
    What are you saying about our beer Nu kua prithee ?

ETA: damn cant rep you, need to spread something first apparently.
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

As a newbie here, I'm slowly getting around to reading a lot of the older posts. I must disagree here with you in the generalization that Americans in general and enmass are "stupid" True the majority of your so called educated, urbanized, general population has become brainwashed by the liberal leaning blatther put out today. However IMO "american stupidity" follows right along with the Bullshit the Obamites are spouting and falling all over themselves to apologize to every third world piece of shit for.

I think if you would take the time to talk to many of the older people and a good portion of your rural people you'll find a totally different mindset. We have never been "followers" are hard to inpress with the dogma being touted today. So No americans are not all that stupid. Just the few who wish to openly do so.

At least America doesn't have a stupid and archaic class system to the extent Europe does.

But as far as what's wrong with America goes, Jimmy Carter essentially summed it up with his sentiments on materialism and greed:
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Poetry is superior to history -Aristotle
    True time is four dimensional -Heidegger
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players -Shakespeare

My uncle once told me that Carter was way to nice a guy to be a successful president.

Unfortunately, politicians have learned that doing the "right thing" won't get you reelected. It often kills your political career because the voting public does not want to hear that they have to make sacrifices to work towards a common goal.
    http://remyvanruiten.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/logo1.jpg

"...some parts of his work are half-finished, while other parts make a strange medley."...;)...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiehlroy View Post
    My uncle once told me that Carter was way to nice a guy to be a successful president.

Unfortunately, politicians have learned that doing the "right thing" won't get you reelected. It often kills your political career because the voting public does not want to hear that they have to make sacrifices to work towards a common goal.
    This is true. People have been trained to lower their standards and to expect a cheap and easy fast-food kind of lifestyle. All glamor and glitzy, sparkles and rhinestones glued onto paper cups and BPA plastics. Any politician who tries to be honest with them is toast.
    People who are smarter than this appear to be far outnumbered.

Dead Meat
    The majority of people are stupid. Some choose to remain stupid.
    There are a few that cannot help being stupid. There are more that really enjoy being stupid and enjoy proving it to others.
    There are those who want the majority to remain stupid as it is very easy to control stupid people.

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerms View Post
    The majority of people are stupid. Some choose to remain stupid.
    There are a few that cannot help being stupid. There are more that really enjoy being stupid and enjoy proving it to others.
    There are those who want the majority to remain stupid as it is very easy to control stupid people.
    great post

Dead Meat
    why are americans so stupid???
    this is a totally rediculous question... americans are no more stupid than the rest of the world... in my opinion the people of the usa are the smartest of all westerners... i say this because out of all the westerners americans are the least controlled by government... the best proof of this i can think of at the moment are anti gun laws... mostly every western country bar the usa have been stripped of their rights to defend themselves... yep its true jus do a quick wiki search of global gun laws... i hope all americans understand how lucky they are to have the 5th amendment... i know this comment sounds incredibly stupid to the peace lovin tree huggers but before you ridicule these statements i want all readers to stop and think about what kind of citizens it takes to stand up for themselves and maintain there rights... in my opinion if your willing to let the government be the only ones with superior fire power then you are prepared to be the best sheep the world has ever seen... baaaa

So i dont think the question is why are americans stupid, i think the question is why are americans so hated by the rest of the world???
    americans are hated because they are the scape goats... how does this relate to topic??? everybody hates the usa and thinks they are stupid because it is taught by mainstream media globally...

in summary the average american has more brains then most because they are the least controlled, and if you dont agree you are just another sheep who has been taught to hate them...
    Last edited by cirrusmagicpaws; Aug 2nd, 2011 at 7:19 PM. Reason: twas politically incorrect

Karma caster Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusmagicpaws View Post
    . i say this because

Your point is poorly made with pitiful grammar and spelling.

We're fucked.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Defend yourself?

from whom?

each other?

A country where you have to defend yourself from each other by killing one another sounds pretty stupid to me.
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

Launchin' Nukes at Noobs Contributor palerider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuall View Post
    Defend yourself?

from whom?

each other?

A country where you have to defend yourself from each other by killing one another sounds pretty stupid to me.
    A nations history forgotten.....doomed
    "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." -Albert Einstein [1879-1955]

Dead Meat
    Defend yourself?

from whom?

each other?

to protect yourself from oppression from like people who live in castles... LOL
    or like if you live in australia (not from USA) like me and have been put down to bolt action rifles (yes we can only have 5 shots max of 38 cal, but better than air rifles) have a poplulation of 20 million people and live next door to 200 million angry muslims they can take over in 6 minutes (thats a fact, and not even connected by land)... yeah i feel real safe... war is apart of life whether you like it or not and freedom is everything.. u gonna protect your freedoms with the air rifles you have been left with.. oh im sure the army can save you coz like your important to society and all you got your brains and everything... like maths will save you all when the poop hits the fan (maybe to count your inventory if you've managed to stock one [people who dont i consider stupid])

whether you need to shoot someone or not is irelevant i think the fact of the matter is the person with who sustained his right to do so is smartest.

I aint got the best grammer or punctuation coz i couldn't care less, i jus write enough to be understood nerds think smarts has to do with maths and english, but then again they also think the monarchy aint runnin the show anymore... there is other categories of smarts as well, like street smarts...

Oh my, can we change the title of the thread to "Why are Australians so stupid?"
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

Karma caster Contributor
    GAD DAMNIT LEARN HOW TO USE THE SHIFT KEY AND CAPITALIZE YOUR FUCKING "I"s

For fucks sake , I can not believe someone with grammar and spelling more atrocious then my own is defending the intelligence of anything or anyone.

WTF man, Are you a virgo goat too? If so you'd be about 19 or 20 and that would be about right.
    Jim Crow America relegated Blacks to the back of buses. Israel wants Arabs excluded from the bus entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    GAD DAMNIT LEARN HOW TO USE THE SHIFT KEY AND CAPITALIZE YOUR FUCKING "I"s

For fucks sake , I can not believe someone with grammar and spelling more atrocious then my own is defending the intelligence of anything or anyone.

WTF man, Are you a virgo goat too? If so you'd be about 19 or 20 and that would be about right.
    Dammit Anarch you corrected your spelling before I had a chance to point it out grrrr.
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

Dead Meat
    Oh my, can we change the title of the thread to "Why are Australians so stupid?"
    or how about "sum people are real tuff behind keyboards but would never say anything face to face"

or how about "sum people are real tuff behind keyboards but would never say anything face to face"
    I was being quite nice in my response to your stupidity. However if you want me to be nasty I could oblige.
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

Karma caster Contributor
    Dammit Anarch you corrected your spelling before I had a chance to point it out grrrr.
    I know I make all sorts of mistakes. That edit button and spell checker are my two best internet friends. No shame in that.

Still I've learned to make MORE of an effort as opposed to less of an effort.

We should compel ourselves to do more not less but that is a less learned with age I guess. I know when I was young my sentence structure resembled Mr Cpaws there.

Karma caster Contributor

You do know this applies to you as well right?

It is easy to make accusations to folks from either side of the screen.

It is something else to hold your tongue about it.

And a whole 'nother mother to troll the trolls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yunSRfnsVck

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    I know I make all sorts of mistakes. That edit button and spell checker are my two best internet friends. No shame in that.

Still I've learned to make MORE of an effort as opposed to less of an effort.

We should compel ourselves to do more not less but that is a less learned with age I guess. I know when I was young my sentence structure resembled Mr Cpaws there.
    So true Anarch, we are all capable of linguistic error, so sad that the tools, so readily available to correct it, are so often ignored in the hasty heat of the moment.

(^^^ 3 spelling mistakes corrected by spell check, and a final read back revealed 2 punctuation errors, all corrected before posting. It only takes a minute girl.)

((^^^ 1 spelling mistake corrected by spell check.))
    "I see no God up here"
    Yuri Gagarin 1961.

Karma caster Contributor
    Meh, as long as you made the effort it shows.

Thread Information