Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 117

Thread: Why are Americans SO STUPID?!?!?

  1. #26
    Falling to Resurrection iulian28ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-West of the Puzzle Center
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,429
    Disable These Ads!
    @Cherisa

    do you think the people who invented that stuff were Americans?

    they weren't. Not all of them. they were foreigners, who asked for a place in the US.
    ......and we have industrial espionage too.

  2. #27
    A dinosaur... no reason Contributor Stabby Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    65 million BC
    Posts
    3,386
    I was quick to stay clear of this controversial deathtrap of a thread but let me just quickly give my imput:

    There does seem to be a case of a large number of ignorant Americans HOWEVER that statement by no means all are. I've met plenty of smart ones.

    And while yes there have been a good number of foreigners who have made something of theirselves with US credit... its because they had the resourses to do so in the US.

    Plus to even think there aren't any Americans who have is just plain RETARDED...

    Every country has their share of morons.
    Science doesn't have all of the answers... otherwise it wouldn't be science.

  3. #28
    The Teller Of Truths Assassin X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Away from AO
    Posts
    4,816
    My whole take is this:

    Americans are "less aware" of what goes on around them. They worry about unimportant things like whats on tv, what to buy, where to go...etc. The news focuses on unimportant stuff like celeb gossip and dumb stories. We only take things at face value. Our biggest problem is we don't do anything for ourselves when it comes to problems like....I don't know....our government lying or creating new problems.

    Other countries are like this too but no where NEAR America. You talk to someone from another country and they know about events going on around the world, they are more friendly, they are more caring, care more about whats important...etc. In America where people don't do anything about problems that big from big brother, most other countries makes messages clear such as in france where the government seems afraid of their people because they always have rallies. Is that right? Eh. But at least the speak up and know whats going on in their country. People in the US get told half truths and if someone tells them the other half the don't believe it.

    Obviously anything I said is all partial. Not everyone is like that. Some people act American (stupid) in other countries. Where as some people act like foreigners (smart, caring..etc) in America. Buts its usually the opposite.
    AO is about one thing. Going around in loops. No one cares to learn, they only care to live inside their boxes and ignore the truth!

  4. #29
    Falling to Resurrection iulian28ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-West of the Puzzle Center
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,429
    yes. every nation has its stupids. but the US has the biggest percent, and the stupidity level of those the biggest.

  5. #30
    Dead Meat
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2

    The Battle of Truth

    this is a long one but ill try and just put the good shit..........ok ummmmm
    we been squatin for days and finally hooked up a house in a rich ass hood in the sunset and we all never really hung out there before. a couple months go by and we're fuckin all the hotties in the hood and crushin our new area. hammer time as usual im on the back porch smokin and these kids are puffin a blunt so i say "let me hit that blood" they get smart, i talk shit,they run off and our front doors glass is busted. every one in the house ran out chased em for days,they got away. GB is what they write, a bunch of richy bus writers always hackin anyways..........car loads of them in front of the house and we're tossin bottles at em all, we had cardboard on the front door that had a pentagram & some kid popped his head in he was smashed with a bottle to tha face this sht went on for 3 or 4 days straight steady battling. on the last night i barged out (drunk and dumb) and tried to take em all on, knocked one down on my way out the alley, smacked another with what was left of the broom handl i broke over the 1st guy then a grip of em were fuckin me up i managed to get up and ran back inside with bottles flyin at my head. 19 bloody, 1(me) stabbed, ambulences, cops, firemen ect. turns out 1 of the kids dad is chief SFPD in sunset and the war is on ta dis day. 2 weeks ago bonzi got jumped...

  6. #31
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by iulian28ti View Post
    yes. every nation has its stupids. but the US has the biggest percent, and the stupidity level of those the biggest.
    Interesting that a non-American would make such a completely unquantifiable pronouncement... what I would consider to be the mark of stupidity...

    If the US was so stupid, how is it that they've been able to consistantly fuck all the rest of you idiots over and over again?

    Quote Originally Posted by iulian28ti View Post
    @Cherisa

    do you think the people who invented that stuff were Americans?

    they weren't. Not all of them. they were foreigners, who asked for a place in the US.
    ......and we have industrial espionage too.
    What the hell do you think Americans are? This IS THE IMMIGRANT NATION of the world, or at least at that time.

    America, especially during those times, was MADE of the geniuses you people were too stupid to accept. Again, if the US is so stupid, why is it that they've consistantly managed to fuck all the rest of you idiots... with your own outcasts no less! LOL@ all of Europe!



    Once agaiin, this is nothing but a cultural phenomenon based mostly upon the fact that the US has gained, through superior tactical intelligence, a disproportionate amount of global power, and so the US is lambasted where possible.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  7. #32
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,345
    SOME ACTUAL EVIDENCE

    Here are the top ten colleges and universities in the world, according to Shanghai Jiao Tong in China (criteria includes research, especially scientific, and Nobel Prizes and Field medal winners)

    1. Harvard, US
    2. Stanford, US
    3. Cambridge UK England
    4. University of California, Berkeley, US
    5. Massachusetts Inst Tech, US
    6. California Inst Tech, US
    7. Princeton, US
    8. Oxford UK England
    9. Columbia, US
    10. Chicago, US

    Would ya look at that? Of the top ten, EIGHT are American... how is this possible if the US if full of "stupids?"

    Here's another ranking, from the ARWU (from 2007):

    1. Harvard US
    2. Stanford US
    3. Univ. California Berkley US
    4. Univ. Cambridge UK
    5. MIT US
    6. California Inst. Tech US
    7. Columbia Univ. US
    8. Princeton Univ. US
    9. Univ. Chicago US
    10. Oxford Univ. Uk.

    Well... Americans are so stupid... yes... yet... the best colleges and universities are... in America... why? This implies that the SMARTEST people on Earth are... in America! Wow... what a doozy!
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  8. #33
    Falling to Resurrection iulian28ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-West of the Puzzle Center
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,429
    If the US was so stupid, how is it that they've been able to consistantly fuck all the rest of you idiots over and over again?
    do you think the population did it?

    those immigrants are the naive ones. naive ~ stupid.
    many of the geniuses who left, were people from europe during WW1 & WW2, when they simply avoided violence, and during the Cold War, which meant oppression of the communist controlled Europe. not all europe was controlled, but most of the geniuses of the Eastern Bloc got out from the regime.

    why? in the regime anyone could take credit for you. things like this happened, and still do. nothing new, but then you would have been shot if you say something.
    they have been attracted by the US like rats by cheese. US promised many things, and looked good. The only thing USA has is the image, which now starts to lose it.

    And the top ten colleges.... Well, you said it yourself, immigration. The pure americans are disappearing. why? they are dumb.

  9. #34
    The Teller Of Truths Assassin X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Away from AO
    Posts
    4,816
    I was gonna say, who do you see in top positions? Whos your doctor? Your pc tech?...etc? Not an american. Well you know what I mean. More and more people are coming over and getting educations and getting better jobs here because we are to stupid or something. I think 10/12 docs are foreign. And they seem to know more too.
    AO is about one thing. Going around in loops. No one cares to learn, they only care to live inside their boxes and ignore the truth!

  10. #35
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by iulian28ti View Post
    do you think the population did it?
    The leaders came from the population.

    those immigrants are the naive ones. naive ~ stupid.
    The stupid ones were the ones who waited for US to tell them what to do.





    why? in the regime anyone could take credit for you. things like this happened, and still do. nothing new, but then you would have been shot if you say something.
    Only a stupid European would kill geniuses for saying the "wrong thing..." ... at least our political leaders see the value in hording the world's greatest scientists

    they have been attracted by the US like rats by cheese. US promised many things, and looked good.
    First of all, the immigrants weren't the only geniuses during that time. There were plenty of American born ones as well.

    And the top ten colleges.... Well, you said it yourself, immigration. The pure americans are disappearing. why? they are dumb.
    Uh, WRONG. The VAST MAJORITY of the people in these colleges and universities were born in the US. Each of these institutions have a quota of foreign students, but even still the vast majority of the students and staff are American. Yes, there is a much higher percentage of foreign students and staff than the general population, but still the large majority are American.

    You people are so desperate to view Americans as stupid that you can't even see the writing on the wall.

    Percentage of non-American students:

    Columbia: 19 ==> 81 % are American
    Princeton: 9.2 ==> 91% are American

    I could go on... but did you know that Oxford is made up of 1/3 international students, including 63% of post-graduate students?

    So, there are more foreigners in Oxford than US schools...


    The only thing USA has is the image, which now starts to lose it.
    So, Europe's smart kids that DO decide to go to college in the US are actually being fooled by the "image," huh? Wow, doesn't that make them stupid according to what you posted above?


    Face it, the reason that most of the top colleges and universities are in America is because America STILL has the best and brightest, in a larger proportion.



    Let's look at Nobel Prize winners... my oh my... guess which country has the most?

    US 270

    UK 100


    Aren't you ashamed?


    You consistently knock US intelligence, yet consistently the US has members that outperform the UK's... not only do we have the best institutions of higher learning, we also have the most Nobel Prize winners.

    Now, typically of a non-American you will deny the cold hard facts, while I, being American, will embrace them and use them to my advantage.



    The actual fact of the matter is that the US DOES have a culture that encourages many to live the bovine existence - which is why America has a reputation of stupidity... BUT what every trendy European fails to see is that American ALSO has a culture of excellence and self-sacrifice for personal glory (which is why we work so many more hours than most of the world) ==> there are subcultures where TREMENDOUS pressure to succeed is placed upon individuals... and THIS causes us to consistently have the smartest people as well. Go ahead and deny it, but what I am saying is backed by the FACTS that I have presented- not to mention the last hundred years or so of history...


    EDIT- the reason American media portrays the smartest people as foreigners (like your Indian Doctor) is because those particular made-up characters are unique enough to provide entertainment for the bovine, because they tend to stem the political pressure from minorities, and because it is politically correct to consistently make the argument that anyone in American can succeed (which conveniently keeps the pressure off the rich white guys)...

    I have NEVER been treated by a doctor of foreign nationality... I have lived in seven states (many Americans are lucky if they live in two).
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  11. #36
    Falling to Resurrection iulian28ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-West of the Puzzle Center
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,429
    The leaders came from the population.
    the leaders are politicians, and do not come from the "population" there are political dynasties (no not talking about bush), which help each other to remain in politics. protecting their 455es, and they're not harmed.

    The stupid ones were the ones who waited for US to tell them what to do.
    no. they were naive for following the cheese.

    Only a stupid European would kill geniuses for saying the "wrong thing..." ... at least our political leaders see the value in hording the world's greatest scientists
    leaders influenced this. they or other friends would simply take credit of other people's work and threaten them with death. that's what european scientist did not want. so they escaped. yes... america looked nice at that time.

    Uh, WRONG. The VAST MAJORITY of the people in these colleges and universities were born in the US.
    born in USA, but not pure americans. you can be born in the US by accident.

    Let's look at Nobel Prize winners... my oh my... guess which country has the most?

    US 270

    UK 100


    Aren't you ashamed?
    The UK is not the only country of Europe.
    Let's count again.

    United States of America -> 305

    Austria - 19, Belgium - 11, France - 54, Germany - 95, Hungary - 12, Italy - 20, The Netherlands - 18, Norway - 11, Poland - 11, Sweden - 28, Switzerland - 25, United Kingdom - 114,

    Belarus - 1, Bosnia and Herzegovina - 2, Bulgaria - 1, Croatia - 3, Czech Republic - 8, Denmark - 8, Finland - 3, Iceland - 1, Ireland - 8, Latvia - 1, Lithuania - 2, Portugal - 2, Romania - 2, Slovakia - 1, Slovenia - 1, Spain - 7, Ukraine - 3.

    => Europe -> 472

    You consistently knock US intelligence, yet consistently the US has members that outperform the UK's... not only do we have the best institutions of higher learning, we also have the most Nobel Prize winners.

    Now, typically of a non-American you will deny the cold hard facts, while I, being American, will embrace them and use them to my advantage.
    as you clearly show it, the stupidity (which is a complex fact) of Americans is not necessarily the low IQ, but is constituted by smugness.

  12. #37
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by iulian28ti View Post
    the leaders are politicians, and do not come from the "population" there are political dynasties (no not talking about bush), which help each other to remain in politics. protecting their 455es, and they're not harmed.
    Yes, yes they do come from the population. There are political dynasties, but there are plenty of people who earn their way up the ladder. Bill Clinton, for example (son of a car salesmen [hmmm...]). (his wife was also born "regular"- daughter of a textile businessmen)



    born in USA, but not pure americans. you can be born in the US by accident.
    Jesus Christ dude. I live here. I've been to Columbia. By accident? What do you mean here? Most of the people in these colleges are second, third and forth generation Americans. Remember how young the country is. Most of us have American ancestry that doesn't go much further than the late to mid 1800s.

    If you want to go that route, you might as well say that ALL Americans are technically "accidental," since we're only a few hundred years removed from Europe anyway...


    Seriously, when I point out that most of the students and faculty at these institutions are born as Americans, you have to make this bullshit retort about how they are "accidentally" born here. Why can't you just face the reality of it and set aside your errant preconceived perception? Is it really that hard to do?

    The UK is not the only country of Europe.
    It might as well be, if we're talking about Nobel prize wins... along side Germany. However, surely you see that the only reason I brought up the UK was because it was the US's nearest competition?

    Let's count again.

    United States of America -> 305

    => Europe -> 472
    Now, do I have to point out why this argument is stupid? The United States is ONE country, with a SMALLER population than Europe.

    Let's count again, this time by total number of people vs Nobel Prizes:

    US: 303,321,825. 305 NBP (your stats) ==> 994 497 people per Nobel Prize

    Population of all the countries you listed:

    Austria - 8,199,783

    Belgium - 10,392,226

    France - 64,102,140

    Germany - 82,314,900

    Hungary - 9,956,108

    Italy - 59,206,382

    The Netherlands - 16,387,773

    Norway - 4,627,926

    Poland - 38,518,241

    Sweden - 9,031,088

    Switzerland - 7,554,661

    United Kingdom - 60,776,238

    Belarus - 9,724,723

    Bosnia and Herzegovina - 4,552,198

    Bulgaria - 7,322,858

    Croatia - 4,493,312

    Czech Republic - 10,228,744

    Denmark - 5,468,120

    Finland - 5,238,460

    Iceland - 301,931

    Ireland - 4,109,086

    Latvia - 2,259,810

    Lithuania - 3,575,439

    Portugal - 10,642,836

    Romania - 22,276,056

    Slovakia - 5,447,502

    Slovenia - 2,009,245

    Spain - 40,448,191

    Ukraine - 46,299,862



    For a grand total of: 555 465 839 with only 472 Nobel Prizes ==> 1,176,834 per Nobel Prize, while the US only requires 994 497. Europeans require
    One hundred and eighty thousand more people per Nobel Prize than Americans do...


    And you say Americans are more stupid...


    EDIT- Actually, I only conidered the population of European countries that have Nobel Prize wins...

    According to a study done by the UK, Europe has a population of approximately 728 000 000... which totals out to 1 542 372.88 people per Nobel Prize... ==> Europe requires Five Hundred and Fourty-Seven Thousand more people per Nobel Prize... wow...


    as you clearly show it, the stupidity (which is a complex fact) of Americans is not necessarily the low IQ, but is constituted by smugness.
    A "complex fact?" Lol. Now, if you want to say Americans are egotistical smug assholes, well, largely you'd be a hell of a lot more accurate.

    But again, the facts covered so far reveal that there are more intelligent people in the US per unit population size than Europe (if by intelligent we mean applied intelligence)

    Although the difference isn't that great, it is a bit foolish to claim that Americans in general are stupid, considering that the data examined thus far indicates that there is a greater concentration of "intelligent" people in the US.




    And as we can all recall, my entire point was that this cultural pronouncement about US intelligence stems from perceptions about Americans, not from reality. Well, you just proved my point when you implied that Americans are "stupid" because they are smug... exactly like I was arguing from the get go...
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  13. #38
    ### of all Things Nuclear Ningishiddza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eastern Europe most of the time
    Posts
    4,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    For a grand total of: 555 465 839 with only 472 Nobel Prizes ==> 1,176,834 per Nobel Prize, while the US only requires 994 497. Europeans require
    One hundred and eighty thousand more people per Nobel Prize than Americans do...
    37% of US Nobel Prize winners are Jews, and of the remaining 63%, only 54% were American born, so only 34% are Americans, the remaining 64% are Jews and foreigners living, working or attending university in the US.

  14. #39
    The Teller Of Truths Assassin X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Away from AO
    Posts
    4,816
    I think I made a mistake.... while not everyone is stupid in America, there is one section of people that are not stupid nor smart.....but evil. The top of the chain people. You see them every day. CEOs on the news, in commercials. Those old guys with he balding heads or grey hair that only care about the money. It also goes to show what else we are in America. Greedy. Which happens to bring me to one final point I was thinking about. Helping.

    Ever notice whenever theres is a disaster in another country people want Americas help? If we don't help people frown upon us because were some great nation like we have an infinite wealth. But if we do help some nations actually complain about the help after. So the question is Why do people ask us? Why is it the US has become the nation that has to help everyone? Some would say its because "We're the best nation in the world! We're the most developed" yadda yadda.

    Well I say its because other nations know we are gullible and that most Americans while alot of things are easily sympathetic and will give even though they can be taken advantage of by their own government. They will still not turn down giving to something else.... "DARFAR! Give give!"...."Tsunami! Give give!". Once again horrible things but people aren't stupid. They know exactly who to count on. Americans go by outside appearances and you give them something to get emotionaly about they give like crazy.

    Now right now your saying "**** you, people need help you bastard!" But how many times have I said take care of your own first? People need to depend on other people besides the US for everything....win this for us, give this to us, bring this to us! Were not a **** slave to the world. We are having a ton of problems like everyone else and most people are to stupid to see that. Heck we still can't get most people to believe what they see on our crappy news.

    Forget Darfar, forget a giant earthquake wherever. Help our homeless here. Help the disabled that get dumped by their caregivers. Help the orphaned children. Help with the water that is running out here. Help with SOMETHING HERE. I swear we waste more money outside the US helping then we do here. Sure Bush is an idiot for blowing money helping people in Iraq, but I don't see many Americans doing any better.
    AO is about one thing. Going around in loops. No one cares to learn, they only care to live inside their boxes and ignore the truth!

  15. #40
    A dinosaur... no reason Contributor Stabby Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    65 million BC
    Posts
    3,386
    Here we go, figting fire with fire.

    So instead of being smart and just ignoring claims of universal American stupidity... now we're getting claims of European stupidity...

    Ok, tell you what:

    Americans, Europeans, Asians, Latin Americans, Africans, Australiasians, Antarctic settles, Jews, Blacks, Cacasians, Native Americans, Gays, Straights, Right Wingers, Left Wingers, Cats, Dogs etc etc ETC are stupid.

    There, saved plenty of you the trouble.

    (And for the record, most Nobel Prizes seem to be shared between people of different nationalities more often)
    Science doesn't have all of the answers... otherwise it wouldn't be science.

  16. #41
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningishiddza View Post
    37% of US Nobel Prize winners are Jews, and of the remaining 63%, only 54% were American born, so only 34% are Americans, the remaining 64% are Jews and foreigners living, working or attending university in the US.
    So? Those people count as American...may not born as such, but members of the nation none the less... That's what America is (partially).

    Anyway, the entire point of all this is to show how stupid it is to generalize an entire country's intelligence level...

    The hypocritical part of me wants to say that the reason this perception is so popular is because... Europeans are way too trendy... (that is, jumping on the current band wagon kind of thing)...

    Of course, that's a generalization, and generalizations are generally inaccurate


    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby Joe View Post
    Here we go, figting fire with fire.

    So instead of being smart and just ignoring claims of universal American stupidity... now we're getting claims of European stupidity...

    Ok, tell you what:

    Americans, Europeans, Asians, Latin Americans, Africans, Australiasians, Antarctic settles, Jews, Blacks, Cacasians, Native Americans, Gays, Straights, Right Wingers, Left Wingers, Cats, Dogs etc etc ETC are stupid.

    There, saved plenty of you the trouble.
    Well, what do you expect? Some people are too far gone to reason with. I grow tired of mentioning the folly in that generalization, so I've decided to stoop... call me the devil...
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  17. #42
    The Teller Of Truths Assassin X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Away from AO
    Posts
    4,816
    I got an interesting question.... since alot of countries seem to take to what the US does and do what they do. As in listen to the music they do, play the games they do...etc. Will they become stupid like most of the US or be smart and just "act" like us but not literally?

    I am guessing its the obvious answer of not literally.
    AO is about one thing. Going around in loops. No one cares to learn, they only care to live inside their boxes and ignore the truth!

  18. #43
    Falling to Resurrection iulian28ti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-West of the Puzzle Center
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,429
    If you want to go that route, you might as well say that ALL Americans are technically "accidental," since we're only a few hundred years removed from Europe anyway...
    you said it yourself, immigration. Born in the US -> US citizenship . where do your citizens come from, ha?

    According to a study done by the UK, Europe has a population of approximately 728 000 000... which totals out to 1 542 372.88 people per Nobel Prize... ==> Europe requires Five Hundred and Fourty-Seven Thousand more people per Nobel Prize... wow...
    all those noble prizes are won during ~1901-2007 period, which meant WW1 and WW2. USA did not sustained the same losses as Europe. in the same time, people fled Europe. immigration again.

    and we have some less developed countries in Europe. the wars influenced this. we had the entire infrastructure brought down, so while we were rebuilding, you had your prizes, and many of our scientists.

    A "complex fact?" Lol.
    yes, "As an English word, it implies that the attributed party is not mentally retarded but rather is willfully ignorant and/or unintelligent, and displays poor use of judgement or insensitivity to nuances."
    you can include many characteristics, such as naivety, egoism, haste, poor education, low level of intelligence, dependency, low level of self confidence.....

    So? Those people count as American...may not born as such, but members of the nation none the less... That's what America is (partially).
    they were educated in another country. and some... were educated in the US.

    it seems that now, when the population is so mixed, you can't say "We have nations" anymore. We have states now...

  19. #44
    A dinosaur... no reason Contributor Stabby Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    65 million BC
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    Well, what do you expect? Some people are too far gone to reason with. I grow tired of mentioning the folly in that generalization, so I've decided to stoop... call me the devil...
    Well if you want to be as equal as them in being a nationalist bigot then I guess thats your loss...

    Same point goes for everyone else in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin X View Post
    I got an interesting question.... since alot of countries seem to take to what the US does and do what they do. As in listen to the music they do, play the games they do...etc. Will they become stupid like most of the US or be smart and just "act" like us but not literally?
    Actually most countries have their own exclusive music industry and games? Mostly Japanese...
    Science doesn't have all of the answers... otherwise it wouldn't be science.

  20. #45
    The Teller Of Truths Assassin X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Away from AO
    Posts
    4,816
    Sorry I messed up what I said. I shouldn't yap at night. lol. I meant to say:

    I got an interesting question.... since alot of countries seem to take to what the US does and do what we do. As in listen to the music we do, play the games we do...etc. Will they become stupid like most of the US or be smart and just "act" like us but not literally?
    I meant to say "WE" instead of they.
    AO is about one thing. Going around in loops. No one cares to learn, they only care to live inside their boxes and ignore the truth!

  21. #46
    A dinosaur... no reason Contributor Stabby Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    65 million BC
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin X View Post
    Sorry I messed up what I said. I shouldn't yap at night. lol. I meant to say:

    I meant to say "WE" instead of they.
    That was my point, play the games Americans do? Well the Americans play the games Japanese do... and British... and recently Ukraine...
    Science doesn't have all of the answers... otherwise it wouldn't be science.

  22. #47
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by iulian28ti View Post
    you said it yourself, immigration. Born in the US -> US citizenship . where do your citizens come from, ha?
    Ok, that's exactly what I've been saying. It is STUPID for you to call Americans in general stupid because so many Americans have come from Europe.


    all those noble prizes are won during ~1901-2007 period, which meant WW1 and WW2. USA did not sustained the same losses as Europe. in the same time, people fled Europe. immigration again.

    and we have some less developed countries in Europe. the wars influenced this. we had the entire infrastructure brought down, so while we were rebuilding, you had your prizes, and many of our scientists.
    The US still continues to win Nobel Prizes ==> there are still very intelligent people here.

    Look, you have no ground to stand on. For every retarded backwoods religious nut there is a hard core skeptical atheist. You're basing your entire generalization of an entire nation on one small subset (not even the majority of theists are stupid).

    yes, "As an English word, it implies that the attributed party is not mentally retarded but rather is willfully ignorant and/or unintelligent, and displays poor use of judgement or insensitivity to nuances."
    you can include many characteristics, such as naivety, egoism, haste, poor education, low level of intelligence, dependency, low level of self confidence.....
    Wait, and there aren't some Europeans that exhibit the same characteristics? Are you retarded, or just blinded by Patriotism?


    they were educated in another country. and some... were educated in the US.
    The scientific community has been transnational for over a hundred years. But this still doesn't account for the fact that the world's best institutions of higher learning are American, which really puts a dent into the idea that Americans are in general stupid.

    The truth of the matter is that stupidity has been evenly dispersed upon mankind by the gods... and so has blind nationalism.

    ... and the human need to have an evil all encompassing villain.

    it seems that now, when the population is so mixed, you can't say "We have nations" anymore. We have states now...
    Then how can you generalize an entire nation if there is so much mixed population that the generalization has now become meaningless? Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

    This is all about the American stereo-type created by the entertainment industry that you people just latch onto. News flash: What you see on TV isn't real...
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  23. #48
    The Teller Of Truths Assassin X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Away from AO
    Posts
    4,816
    A friend we met recently sent us this in a email. We had happened to be talking about this subject last week with him. He got it from another site though (the pic). I laughed:

    AO is about one thing. Going around in loops. No one cares to learn, they only care to live inside their boxes and ignore the truth!

  24. #49
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,345
    BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice...
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  25. #50
    Lucky survivor Seasoned Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    27
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin X View Post
    On Dr.Phil today (I was flipping channels) one of the guests was a guy who "hates society" (boo hiss, lol) and I totally agreed with him. Guess what he said? [I]"People are so ****ing stupid in America and thats we laughed at by other countries. So I try to avoid people".


    Ok I'm done ranting. Feel free to agree if your foreign or rant back if your American.
    You seem like a hypocrit. Being 'a materialistic American' and all, I can say that you are no better than anybody else.

    Do you not have a television to watch Dr. Phil on? Do you not own a computer to rant on this form with?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Song Lyrics that have meaning to you
    By medicvet in forum Music
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: May 18th, 2011, 10:24 PM
  2. Why don't they realize they're mocked as being stupid?
    By Assassin X in forum Politics and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Apr 18th, 2007, 12:52 PM
  3. Forget Iran, Americans Should be Hysterical About This
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Politics and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jan 17th, 2007, 9:01 PM
  4. Gullible Americans: Former Reagan official speaks out
    By Micahyah in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Sep 14th, 2006, 4:35 PM
  5. Wake Up, Stupid
    By lotrfan55345 in forum Armageddon & Disasters
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Apr 5th, 2004, 4:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Site Meter