View Poll Results: If God was proved real I would...

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Convert.

    11 16.42%
  • Stay the same as I am now.

    24 35.82%
  • Tell him off!

    6 8.96%
  • Ask him if he know what God spelled backwards is!

    1 1.49%
  • Have to hide my porn collection.

    0 0%
  • See if lightning is cooler then a Siths.

    2 2.99%
  • Tell him he has bad breath and offer him a mint.

    0 0%
  • Have alot of explaining to do.

    6 8.96%
  • Debate with him.

    17 25.37%
  • Ask him when he had a hair cut and trim last.

    0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 90

Thread: If God was proved real would you....

  1. #51
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Disable These Ads!
    Well CT, I have considered everything you have said and I have determined it is all bullshit. You claim to be an academic, but cannot see anything outside your own shallow reality. If I commented on everything you said, you would just comment right back from now until the end of time, a classic sign of someone who does not want to know the truth but wants one thing - an argument. I fear for your children for they will not be able to learn anything on their own apart from what you want them to know. I accept everyone for who they are, yet you try to get everyone to see it "your" way. I offer up something new, you refuse to look at it and then say it's nothing new. Your fallacy is obvious to everyone, you aren't kidding people with your fake self-righteous attitude. If you cannot interpret that symbol, just admit it - people already know you are not that intelligent.

    PS- If you are such a scholar, why don't you just google "vav"? Ever think of that?


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  2. #52
    Fuq Haters Contributor Nu Kua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Free
    Posts
    11,367
    I know what "vav" is, without having to look it up.

    It means "and"- to connect and synthesize. In the emptiness of space, God permeated and fertilized with energy (light) and from this life was born.
    Vav is the joining of spirit and matter in the creation of the earth. Spirit infuses matter and gives it life.

    I think maybe you went from USB port to vav in an effort to explain the connection to an infinite source of power that fuels the creation, that without the power flowing continuously through the connection, the "plug and play" device can't work.
    Am I close?
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

  3. #53
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,328
    Quote Originally Posted by UVsaturated View Post
    Well CT, I have considered everything you have said and I have determined it is all bullshit.
    No you haven't. The only thing you have shown is that you suck at making analogies.




    You claim to be an academic, but cannot see anything outside your own shallow reality.
    At least you're not talking in parables anymore.

    My shallow reality? Lmao! What is logical is logical is logical is logical. What is not, simply is not. There is no secret, alien, spiritual logic. Logic is logic, a priori and by definition.

    If I commented on everything you said, you would just comment right back from now until the end of time, a classic sign of someone who does not want to know the truth but wants one thing - an argument.
    I've changed my position before on these forums due to a debate. You just have to prove that you're not full of it.


    I fear for your children for they will not be able to learn anything on their own apart from what you want them to know.
    LMAO! No, they will learn how not to be fooled by simplistic BS that has no evidence or strong logic behind it.


    I accept everyone for who they are, yet you try to get everyone to see it "your" way. I offer up something new, you refuse to look at it and then say it's nothing new.
    You. Must. Provide. Evidnece. If you do not have strong evidence to support your claim, why the hell should I ever consider it?

    Your fallacy is obvious to everyone, you aren't kidding people with your fake self-righteous attitude.
    LOL! My fallacy is wanting evidence.


    If you cannot interpret that symbol, just admit it - people already know you are not that intelligent.
    Lol! A symbol can mean anything the person who uses it wants it to. Wow. What does THIS symbol mean? If you can't tell me it's because you are unintelligent, lmao!




    PS- If you are such a scholar, why don't you just google "vav"? Ever think of that?

    Because it looks like a typo and I am too lazy to spend a lot of time debating someone who talks in parables. I'm not about to put in the extra homework you want me to so that you feel like a spiritual guru like Jesus. At least Jake99 does not speak in parables.

    But for your benifit, here's what VAV means:

    Variable Air Volume.

    lmao! There was absolutely NO reasons to even mention that! All you had to say what that I can't understand the argument because I'm not on the same key or wavelength with the religious nut giving it. But no, you had to answer my question about your parable with yet another useless analogy. Of course, that makes too much sense, so you must have ment vav as in the letter.

    The reason argument A is rejected is because it is simply a bad argument. It has poor logic. By definition, what is logical is always logical. There is no "you don't understand argument A because it's logic is not of this world." What is logical is logical by definition.



    None of this matters however, because there is no reason whatsoever to speak in these analogies. They add absolutely NOTHING to your point at all except for the illusion that you are a spiritual guru of some sort.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  4. #54
    The Lion of Judah Jake99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Not of this World
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin X;

    [B
    1. If Jesus was proven to be real, not just as the person, but everything that it says in the bible about him what would you say? This is after 100% NON deniable proof. Would you believe in God? Or accept he did that stuff but still deny religion? Or your own answer?

    2. If God was proven to be real. Basically the same as above?

    3. Same as above but if God himself came to earth, as in descended from heaven and proved to the world who he was and what he could do. Same questions.[/B]

    4. IF..... IF... 100% fact was God was real, and you seen it for yourself and this meant Hell was indeed a real place and you knew you were going to burn in it forever after you die would you REALLY tell God off? Knowing full well there was no more debate about the subject since it was proven?

    At least I tried to live a moral life and tried NOT to be robotic about it unlike some Christians I know.
    Assassin X,

    The messiah answers all the questions that religions have not so there will be no more need for religions, bibles and worship halls. You will no longer be able to make a living off Jesus and God and forums like this would go out of business due to the prevailing good news in the world.

    What I like about debating here is that I have no speech writers and anyone in the world can ask me a serious question and get an answer. I dont see the wolves in sheeps clothing answering questions from the people.

    If you do nothing else in life investigate Jake99 who says over and over again that he is the truth and the way and stands against mans ways in every way. All religious books are third hand or worse knowledge and my knowledge is first hand it is the difference between truth and lies. Do not allow anyone other than the man with 300 performed prophecies in his past to lead you.

  5. #55
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    I know what "vav" is, without having to look it up.

    It means "and"- to connect and synthesize. In the emptiness of space, God permeated and fertilized with energy (light) and from this life was born.
    Vav is the joining of spirit and matter in the creation of the earth. Spirit infuses matter and gives it life.

    I think maybe you went from USB port to vav in an effort to explain the connection to an infinite source of power that fuels the creation, that without the power flowing continuously through the connection, the "plug and play" device can't work.
    Am I close?
    ...and not only that Nu Kua, he explicitly used the term, "argument A". I wanted to use the term "vav" as two vav's on either side of an A, or the aleph. Vav is the sixth character in Hebrew. If you remove the two vav's all that remains is the aleph or the one. Note the alphnumeric of that would be 616, which some believe is actually the mark of the beast.


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  6. #56
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,328
    Quote Originally Posted by UVsaturated View Post
    ...and not only that Nu Kua, he explicitly used the term, "argument A". I wanted to use the term "vav" as two vav's on either side of an A, or the aleph. Vav is the sixth character in Hebrew. If you remove the two vav's all that remains is the aleph or the one. Note the alphnumeric of that would be 616, which some believe is actually the mark of the beast.
    How was I to determine whether you meant the letter or the phrase that represents controling capacity of a heating?

    Also, why do you absolutely insist in talking abstract language?

    the phrase "Argument A" had absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with letters, or order of characters, or anything of the sort. There was absolutely NO reason at all to go off on this useless tangent, other than to make you look like a spiritual guru who talks in parables.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  7. #57
    Radioactive Serious Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    84
    I would stay the same (or debate with him about why he apparantly has wished to remain an unconfirmed myth up to this point.)

    Why does the existence of God automatically mean that you will hit the floor, on your knees, and worship God? That's the big problem I have. I see no reason for the picked on kid to worship the school bully, and I see no reason to worship anything that allows the things that go on here on earth to happen as they do. The concept of God does not automatically mean, especially to me, that you love, honor, and obey God. If I'm wrong about his existence, then I'm wrong, but I am not under some immediate spell that makes me love and appreciate him. We would still have the same problems we have now, our lives will still be as random and screwed as they are presently, only now we'd know fur sure that there was an easy solution that simply isn't providing us with the option. That's completely and entirely unawesome.

  8. #58
    Prophet Contributor jeffweeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ADELAIDE
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,233
    Why does the existence of God automatically mean that you will hit the floor, on your knees, and worship God?
    Its a hard thing to put into words, but believe it happens.

    Twist it around and and imagine 10 millions dollars manifested before you.
    What do you do?
    You hit the floor, and imagine the possibilities.
    And those castles made of sand,
    fall into the sea.....................
    eventually.

  9. #59
    The Lion of Judah Jake99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Not of this World
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,961
    I try not to post in parables because it is my job to clarify the parables. Do you not find it interesting that no one wants to talk of the more systematic demands of the bible than the spiritual ones.

    I have to completly change and unify the government of the world and assiagn manpower properly or the answers to mans questions will remain unanswered.

    Let me get into my British accent and get a glass of wine under my belt and the parables I speak in are quite interesting. Thus whyeth I drinketh not very often indeed. Will it again be more difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven on earth than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle? Bill Gates and Tiger Woods will not be in control of the new world.

  10. #60
    Fuq Haters Contributor Nu Kua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Free
    Posts
    11,367
    The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation just donated an additional $19 million dollars to develop stress resistant rice in an effort to decrease world hunger. this is in addition to $306 million dollars they have already donated to this one cause, alone.
    Bill is stepping away from the daily grind at Microsoft in order to devote more energy to philanthropic pursuits.

    Now THERE is some good, hard working GOD on EARTH energy happening right there.
    link to source
    http://www.mediumgrainrice.com/news/...sp?newsID=5517


    .
    Quote Originally Posted by UV
    .and not only that Nu Kua, he explicitly used the term, "argument A". I wanted to use the term "vav" as two vav's on either side of an A, or the aleph. Vav is the sixth character in Hebrew. If you remove the two vav's all that remains is the aleph or the one. Note the alphnumeric of that would be 616, which some believe is actually the mark of the beast.
    Well to be fair to CT, you did jump to esoterica without any warning.
    I wouldn't have known that if not for recently reading up on Jewish Mysticism and trying to understand better the Sefer Yetzira, and I did not know what you just now spoke of, but it sounds interesting.
    Last edited by Nu Kua; Mar 10th, 2008 at 2:49 PM.
    "The Alice-in-Wonderland nature of this pronouncement is not lost on me..."

  11. #61
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu Kua View Post
    Well to be fair to CT, you did jump to esoterica without any warning.
    I wouldn't have known that if not for recently reading up on Jewish Mysticism and trying to understand better the Sefer Yetzira, and I did not know what you just now spoke of, but it sounds interesting.
    This is true, but I also believe that when one speaks in spirit, the intended audience will receive the message, which many think I was trying to speak to CT. It is true that he and I carried on a dialog, but there are many others who may be listening in the wings in silence.

    An interesting note about spiritual messages is the way they unfold and reveal hidden knowledge to the closed eye of the mind. For I intended my message to be true in the context that I told you, yet it was hidden to CT, yet you understood it in another fashion that is also true. Yet today, I also see another parallel in the message of vav or 616 in Gematria. The vav is also the symbol of Christ on the cross with the two thieves being crucified. For he had two men, one on his right and one on his left, for man in the flesh is a thief to God, yet in the center of this picture is Jesus as a singular aleph or alpha.


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  12. #62
    The Lion of Judah Jake99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Not of this World
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,961
    1 in 4 people who have voted here say they would debate with god if he was real and that is exactly what you are doing when you debate with me. I am not here to harm anything I am here to judge the judges, smite the nations and bring about the new godly government that is outlined by the bible. I am also the man who the bible says will come and be tried and crucified for strange and unusual acts of defiance and life or death wars against the U.S. government.

    This time at Y2K just as expected when the jury convicted the messiah and sentenced him to death their stupidity had to be overr uled by the law which protects the messiah from such illegal activities. All governments and people need to be judged on judgement day after which the new fair, just environmentally friendly world will begin.

  13. #63
    Radioactive Serious Member The Fallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    97
    If God were real and the bible were true, I would simply look him in the face and say "You either let my family and I into heaven, or send us to hell. But know that if we go to hell, I will dethrone that pansy-ass Satan, raise a REAL army, and burn your gates to the ground. So what will it be old man?"

    So what, Im not scared of anybody.
    "Fame is fleeting. Infamy is eternal."
    "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Darkness."

  14. #64
    The Lion of Judah Jake99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Not of this World
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,961
    You can only get into heaven on earth by having faith in me and I already have my foot on Satans head having moped the floor with him in court as Jesus did right at Y2K.

    This old man of 52 would be difficult to beat at anything and you already tried to burn the gateway to heaven down and nail me to a cross.

  15. #65
    Survivalist! Crimepunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,111
    Jesus did right at Y2K.
    Ahh yes, Jesus vs Satan, forgot about that case.

  16. #66
    Orbiting Neptune - WINDY! Contributor playmaker88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    K'R'DIFF!
    Age
    44
    Posts
    580

    Wink In vision...

    If God were to appear before me I would seriously consider changing to AGNOSTIC from AETHIEST.

  17. #67
    Survivalist! Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin X View Post
    1. If Jesus was proven to be real, not just as the person, but everything that it says in the bible about him what would you say? This is after 100% NON deniable proof. Would you believe in God? Or accept he did that stuff but still deny religion? Or your own answer?
    You know, there's a huge chunk of brain that nobody uses. Who knows what would happen if someone suddenly started using it. Maybe they could perform miracles or bring themselves back from the dead.

    2. If God was proven to be real. Basically the same as above?
    I would have some serious reservations about the requirements and impossible choices God places upon the people he created, therefore I would probably acknowledge his existence but decline to worship.

    3. Same as above but if God himself came to earth, as in descended from heaven and proved to the world who he was and what he could do. Same questions.
    Same as above, except that this would give me the opportunity to call him on the unfairness inherent in his expectations. Now, if this were to happen and he were to say that the Bible (Quran, or Talmud) misquotes him on this and that he's actually cool with gays and people of other religions, then I might decide he's OK.

    4. IF..... IF... 100% fact was God was real, and you seen it for yourself and this meant Hell was indeed a real place and you knew you were going to burn in it forever after you die would you REALLY tell God off? Knowing full well there was no more debate about the subject since it was proven?
    That would depend on the way he responds to 3.

    Also, just because we see what we think is God, that does not necessarily make it truly God. If we were to take our technology to a much less advanced society, we would look godlike and our technology would look like magic. It is entirely possible that a more technologically advanced race, possibly aliens, could come to this world and try to make us believe that they are God. Frankly, I find aliens more likely than God.

    Finally, one of the reasons I think the Abrahamic God is false is because it fails to answer one of the most fundamental questions: why did human civilization exist for thousands of years before God chose to reveal himself? Human civilization has existed for six thousand years, yet the first texts from the Old Testament are roughly 2,000 years old. The Dead Sea Scrolls predate Jesus, but only by upwards of 150 years. That means that for a full two thirds of human existence, God had not revealed himself. Explain why he would wait, especially given the fact that he's such a jealous and vengeful god.

  18. #68
    The Lion of Judah Jake99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Not of this World
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    You know, there's a huge chunk of brain that nobody uses. Who knows what would happen if someone suddenly started using it. Maybe they could perform miracles or bring themselves back from the dead.


    If the geneticly smartest and most gifted man on the Planet understands Jesus then he has the power to do what Jesus did. Mankind only uses about 10% of thier brain power and 10% of the right information is vastly more capable than 10% of the wrong information. The Mainstream who gets good grades in school, votes, goes to church, reads the Bible, fights wars, sells land and goes to work in support of that which produces primarily bad news are the problem and cannot be the solution no matter how many times the World changes politicians.



    I would have some serious reservations about the requirements and impossible choices God places upon the people he created, therefore I would probably acknowledge his existence but decline to worship.


    God does NOT want to be worshipped and the requirements and choices are easy when you do things God's way.


    Same as above, except that this would give me the opportunity to call him on the unfairness inherent in his expectations. Now, if this were to happen and he were to say that the Bible (Quran, or Talmud) misquotes him on this and that he's actually cool with gays and people of other religions, then I might decide he's OK.

    God wants to end the need for religions and strengthen the family bond between Man and Woman. What you do in the bedroom should stay in the bedroom.


    Also, just because we see what we think is God, that does not necessarily make it truly God. If we were to take our technology to a much less advanced society, we would look godlike and our technology would look like magic. It is entirely possible that a more technologically advanced race, possibly aliens, could come to this world and try to make us believe that they are God. Frankly, I find aliens more likely than God.

    New technology and new ideas are what I have always used to createe miracles. The same philosophy and technology can be used to permanently resolve all Earthly problems in a manner that leads into the kingdom of God that Jesus talked about. I was trained and used by God in exactly the same manner that Jesus was a Servant.

    Finally, one of the reasons I think the Abrahamic God is false is because it fails to answer one of the most fundamental questions: why did human civilization exist for thousands of years before God chose to reveal himself? Human civilization has existed for six thousand years, yet the first texts from the Old Testament are roughly 2,000 years old. The Dead Sea Scrolls predate Jesus, but only by upwards of 150 years. That means that for a full two thirds of human existence, God had not revealed himself. Explain why he would wait, especially given the fact that he's such a jealous and vengeful god.
    Jesus revealed God but the World was not ready for the simple system he endorsed. It is today in the End Times of this wicked World that God presents himself again in the body of a man. That man is me and the World has developed the technologies that I need to properly manage the Planet into a state of perfection. Gods enemies will become my footstool. God wants his kingdom back that was stolen and divided by Satan and the Anti Christ's who rule this World in every way.

  19. #69
    Survivalist! Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake99 View Post
    God wants his kingdom back that was stolen and divided by Satan and the Anti Christ's who rule this World in every way.
    Sure thing, Messiah. Exactly when did God lose his kingdom? With the exception of the far East, most of the planet believes in one of the Abrahamic religions. Atheists make up somewhere around 10% of the world's population, so you can't even argue that your God is somehow being repressed. Add to that the fact that God really has no problem with secular governments. Did Jesus not say to give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar?

    So many people believe what they do because of the time and place of their birth. Had they been born in China, they would likely be just as committed to Buddhism. All I advocate is for people to think through what is truly good, fair, and believable, take a critical look at all of the contradictions, and decide whether the Abrahamic god truly makes sense.

  20. #70
    The Lion of Judah Jake99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Not of this World
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Sure thing, Messiah. Exactly when did God lose his kingdom? With the exception of the far East, most of the planet believes in one of the Abrahamic religions. Atheists make up somewhere around 10% of the world's population, so you can't even argue that your God is somehow being repressed. Add to that the fact that God really has no problem with secular governments. Did Jesus not say to give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar?


    God lost control of mankind a very long time ago as in the Garden of Eden and mankind has ruled this Earth ever since in ways that God would never approve of. God according to the Bible wants the planet unified under One non profit Nation not many greedy Nations all with differing rules. No lines on the map and no dividing of the land means Caesar owns nothing but manufactured products that he purchased.

    So many people believe what they do because of the time and place of their birth. Had they been born in China, they would likely be just as committed to Buddhism. All I advocate is for people to think through what is truly good, fair, and believable, take a critical look at all of the contradictions, and decide whether the Abrahamic god truly makes sense.
    What is truly good and fair is what I am recommending and the World stands firmly against. Capitalism must die for the Jesus simple system to be installed.

  21. #71
    The Teller Of Truths Assassin X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Away from AO
    Posts
    4,819
    I can't believe this topics still going lol. Anywho I like this:
    If God were real and the bible were true, I would simply look him in the face and say "You either let my family and I into heaven, or send us to hell. But know that if we go to hell, I will dethrone that pansy-ass Satan, raise a REAL army, and burn your gates to the ground. So what will it be old man?"

    So what, Im not scared of anybody
    I think about that...well questioning him. But people fail to realize one thing. Hell isn't like some mall where its just hot and you walk around complaining about the temp. Its a place where your literally on fire....skin melting off constantly and you are brought back to life over and over and over and over so to speak you always feel the pain of burning alive....you never move because you can't, you never get the chance. I imagine its like having napalm on your body forever and your stuck forever. You just burn with an infinite amount of others in a sea fire in painful agony forever. There won't be any uprising. Not unless a demon decides to pull a prank and knock over a giant water tower or something. lol.
    AO is about one thing. Going around in loops. No one cares to learn, they only care to live inside their boxes and ignore the truth!

  22. #72
    FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Your mothers vagina
    Posts
    11,414
    But people fail to realize one thing. Hell isn't like some mall where its just hot and you walk around complaining about the temp. Its a place where your literally on fire....skin melting off constantly and you are brought back to life over and over and over and over so to speak you always feel the pain of burning alive....you never move because you can't, you never get the chance. I imagine its like having napalm on your body forever and your stuck forever. You just burn with an infinite amount of others in a sea fire in painful agony forever.
    Please cite your source for this description of hell... If it is the bible then I want book and verse.
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

  23. #73
    Well, um, a Serion Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Planet Earth
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeAfraid View Post
    Please cite your source for this description of hell... If it is the bible then I want book and verse.
    Matthew 25:41
    41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

    Mark 9:43-44
    43And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
    44Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched

    Luke 16:23-24
    23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
    24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
    There are a couple of more references that refer to a physical description of hell. It does not say that your skin is melting, and you die over and over, however.

  24. #74
    Adventuring Infidel Cyranothe2nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Spock's Brain
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    You know, there's a huge chunk of brain that nobody uses. Who knows what would happen if someone suddenly started using it. Maybe they could perform miracles or bring themselves back from the dead.
    .
    Singularity,
    This is actually not true. The idea that we only use 5% of our brain is a misunderstanding--the brain is built of mostly redundant systems and early scientists (the same ones that advocated lobotomizing patients) believed that a person could lose some brain matter and still be okay. But studies find that this is not so. While the brain does have a lot of built-in redundancy, we use most of our brain for function and tasks (even the bi-lateral and so we only really use half is a myth--the right brain and left brain are responsible for different tasks).
    "We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men — not from men who feared to write, to associate, to speak and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular."

    Edward R. Murrow

  25. #75
    Prepared survivor Seasoned Member MVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    441
    I would observe his/her action and probably analyze his/her intentions for a while. After all, definition of god is "supreme being".

    Just for argument sake, say if god comes to Earth what would the motive be? Because of "being" with much higher overall technology is he/she really here to help us or use us to obey and do what's being told... I'd be bit skeptical about it, especially we, as human, are not programmed to utilize most of our brain power.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jesus' death on the cross was INEVITABLE...
    By dutchie in forum Religion & Spirituality
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: Dec 25th, 2007, 10:44 AM
  2. Can there be a God
    By Traveler in forum Is There a God?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:12 AM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: Jun 20th, 2006, 11:30 PM
  4. God, spacetime and you
    By merlinsbyte in forum Paranormal
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:12 PM
  5. GOD??? hmmmmm
    By WasteLandWa|2rior in forum Is There a God?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Dec 25th, 2004, 11:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Site Meter