View Poll Results: If God was proved real I would...

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Convert.

    11 16.42%
  • Stay the same as I am now.

    24 35.82%
  • Tell him off!

    6 8.96%
  • Ask him if he know what God spelled backwards is!

    1 1.49%
  • Have to hide my porn collection.

    0 0%
  • See if lightning is cooler then a Siths.

    2 2.99%
  • Tell him he has bad breath and offer him a mint.

    0 0%
  • Have alot of explaining to do.

    6 8.96%
  • Debate with him.

    17 25.37%
  • Ask him when he had a hair cut and trim last.

    0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 90

Thread: If God was proved real would you....

  1. #26
    Prepared survivor Seasoned Member eldingo12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    439
    Disable These Ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ta'Nahir View Post
    Wow, this list must be the bible for the stupid. Could you not come up with a better list of questions to ask God if met? The questions amount to if God showed up the first thing out for your mouth would be, "Yea, I have this cheese between the biggy and the long one. What's that all about?"

    Can no one see that meeting God removes God? The ideal behind god is that He is beyond out mortal understanding. If we can rationalize the bugger, then do we not put him at our level? If so, what makes Him God then?
    But if there really was a god wouldn't it be capable of making itself understood? If not then I guess it isn't "all powerful".

    P.S. "The bible for the stupid" seems a bit redundant.
    Last edited by eldingo12; Mar 8th, 2008 at 7:27 AM. Reason: I'm not telling.
    WWSD (What Would Superman Do?)

  2. #27
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by eldingo12 View Post
    But if there really was a god wouldn't it be capable of making itself understood? If not then I guess it isn't "all powerful".

    P.S. "The bible for the stupid" seems a bit redundant.
    Such a twisted understanding. You really think that just because you don't understand God then he cannot exist? Aren't you really saying; I refuse to look, listen, or hear anything apart from my own understanding therefore it isn't true? Of course.

    I suppose quantum physics doesn't exist since you probably don't know anything of it either.


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  3. #28
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,332
    Quote Originally Posted by UVsaturated View Post

    I suppose quantum physics doesn't exist since you probably don't know anything of it either.
    Quantum reality is observed almost daily in labs. Your god is not.

    For Christians:

    What if God shows up and it turns out that Islam is right? What would you do?
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  4. #29
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    Quantum reality is observed almost daily in labs. Your god is not.
    I was using that as an example that I am pretty sure that most people are not well versed in. Besides, there are parts of Quantum physics which are just like God in that particles cannot be measured by time or space at the same time, which should not be with physical matter.


    What if God shows up and it turns out that Islam is right? What would you do?
    No religion is true, but they are all perfect. I would come to the same conclusion with Islam.

    Now, here is a mystery for you CT. When you understand the meaning of this symbol, you will know why I said what I just said:

    Last edited by UVsaturated; Mar 8th, 2008 at 12:14 PM.


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  5. #30
    FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Your mothers vagina
    Posts
    11,414
    Now, here is a mystery for you CT. When you understand the meaning of this symbol, you will know why I said what I just said:
    You are aware you posted a picture of the USB icon right?
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

  6. #31
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeAfraid View Post
    You are aware you posted a picture of the USB icon right?
    Yes, I am fully aware of what that icon is, but fortunately for you it has been dimensioned so you can see the symbolic meaning of it. Just one example of the many clues of the truth left right before your eyes and you've missed it all this time.

    Start thinking about what an USB does and how it relates to computers and devices, then understand when I was telling CT about the different religions being not true, but perfect I was alluding you to something.

    The USB is a symbol for you to ponder if you will, but to the blind it is just a bunch of lines.

    Think about the symbols given and what they mean. Maybe I will clue you in on more of this as I see people here looking at it and wondering.


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  7. #32
    FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Your mothers vagina
    Posts
    11,414
    Just one example of the many clues of the truth left right before your eyes and you've missed it all this time.
    I know more than I need to know about the universal system bus.

    Start thinking about what an USB does and how it relates to computers and devices, then understand when I was telling CT about the different religions being not true, but perfect I was alluding you to something.
    congratz, you have found another way of saying all religions seek the same god.

    Think about the symbols given and what they mean. Maybe I will clue you in on more of this as I see people here looking at it and wondering.
    I hope religion is not about to steal another symbol.
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

  8. #33
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,332
    Quote Originally Posted by UVsaturated View Post
    I was using that as an example that I am pretty sure that most people are not well versed in. Besides, there are parts of Quantum physics which are just like God in that particles cannot be measured by time or space at the same time, which should not be with physical matter.
    Wrong. QM demonstrates that the problem lies with our previous assumptions about matter. Human beings have always defined their world based on how they see it. As our ability to examine the world has increased, our original assumptions about it have been changed. Just like we assumed that space and time were absolute, and were WRONG (see special and general relativity), so too were our original assumptions about matter.

    I think you have a fundemental missunderstanding about what QM tells us about our world.



    No religion is true, but they are all perfect. I would come to the same conclusion with Islam.
    You mean you would become a muslim?

    Now, here is a mystery for you CT. When you understand the meaning of this symbol, you will know why I said what I just said:

    http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1779/iconusbdf7.jpg
    Why on earth are you compelled to talk in parables? Are you pretending to be Jesus?

    There can be only one.

    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  9. #34
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeAfraid View Post
    I know more than I need to know about the universal system bus.
    AKA - serial bus. Then you should be able to decipher this symbol, for it isn't just an efficient way to send and receive data. It is much more than that.

    congratz, you have found another way of saying all religions seek the same god.

    I hope religion is not about to steal another symbol.
    You cannot steal something if you created it.


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  10. #35
    Prepared survivor Seasoned Member eldingo12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by UVsaturated View Post
    Such a twisted understanding. You really think that just because you don't understand God then he cannot exist? Aren't you really saying; I refuse to look, listen, or hear anything apart from my own understanding therefore it isn't true? Of course.

    I suppose quantum physics doesn't exist since you probably don't know anything of it either.
    You totally missed the point, which made reading your post quite entertaining.
    WWSD (What Would Superman Do?)

  11. #36
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    Wrong. QM demonstrates that the problem lies with our previous assumptions about matter. Human beings have always defined their world based on how they see it. As our ability to examine the world has increased, our original assumptions about it have been changed. Just like we assumed that space and time were absolute, and were WRONG (see special and general relativity), so too were our original assumptions about matter.

    I think you have a fundemental missunderstanding about what QM tells us about our world.
    And what is that knowledge that it tells us?

    You mean you would become a muslim?
    If I became a child of Islam, what is that to you and why do you ask if I would chose a side? I do not see my brothers divided.


    Why on earth are you compelled to talk in parables? Are you pretending to be Jesus?
    People speak plainly and no one listens, so why should I speak according to the rules of the world? Now, about Jesus; do you know of him?


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  12. #37
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by eldingo12 View Post
    You totally missed the point, which made reading your post quite entertaining.
    Thank you. At the very least I have given you joy for a moment.


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  13. #38
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,332
    Quote Originally Posted by UVsaturated View Post
    And what is that knowledge that it tells us?
    That our assumptions that matter is comprised of particles with definate locations in time and space are inaccurate. This type of thinking is a remnant of our flawed assumption that our frame of reference is correct because it is our frame of reference.

    Classical mechanics is simply flawed because it is based on our flawed observational perspective.

    Matter simply has a duel nature that we are inequiped to see. Just like we can't see ultraviolet or infrared light and that what we see is only a small part of the electromagnetic spectrum, so too we cannot see the truer nature of reality with our senses.

    http://infophilia.blogspot.com/2006/...es-1-wave.html

    Matter appears to have a duel particle-wave nature, thus the question of finding a particle's location in space and time and it's momentum is flawed from the onset.



    If I became a child of Islam, what is that to you and why do you ask if I would chose a side? I do not see my brothers divided.
    It only matters to me if you are a fundemental Christian.




    People speak plainly and no one listens, so why should I speak according to the rules of the world?
    Dramaqueen? If no one listens when you make argument A, it is probably because argument A is weak. If you repackage argument A in the form of a parable, it will not make argument A any more effective. It will only annoy people.

    Besides, we know you speak in parables because it gives you a "cool religious" feeling in which you subconsciously view yourself as some special prophet of God. It is just an ego thing.


    Now, about Jesus; do you know of him?
    do I know of him? Or what do I know of him? I know that your cheap immitation of him is really bad, that's about it...
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  14. #39
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    That our assumptions that matter is comprised of particles with definate locations in time and space are inaccurate. This type of thinking is a remnant of our flawed assumption that our frame of reference is correct because it is our frame of reference.

    Classical mechanics is simply flawed because it is based on our flawed observational perspective.

    Matter simply has a duel nature that we are inequiped to see. Just like we can't see ultraviolet or infrared light and that what we see is only a small part of the electromagnetic spectrum, so too we cannot see the truer nature of reality with our senses.

    http://infophilia.blogspot.com/2006/...es-1-wave.html

    Matter appears to have a duel particle-wave nature, thus the question of finding a particle's location in space and time and it's momentum is flawed from the onset.
    Precisely. One truth within another truth but they are in opposition. So, when I tell Eldingo that just because he cannot see something it does not make it false, have I lied to him in that statement? For if I say that matter exists in time and space, but QM proves that otherwise, then both realities are true and exist at the same time. I do not see your argument with this other than it has been noted by me that you have studied QM quite significantly as one of your passions. I do need to do that as I understand the basic statement of it.

    It only matters to me if you are a fundemental Christian.
    Even if I were a fundamental Christian, it still should not matter to you, for you are neither my creator nor the originator of fundamental Christianity.

    Dramaqueen? If no one listens when you make argument A, it is probably because argument A is weak. If you repackage argument A in the form of a parable, it will not make argument A any more effective. It will only annoy people.
    Is it possible argument A is very loud, but that the presence of the two vav's makes it hard for you to understand? In time we will remove those two so you can hear clearly what the argument is. Realistically, when one speaks in parable for whatever reason, an otherwise normal statement then becomes kindling for the unquenchable fire in some, but is just annoying to those who build fires with wood. Do you see that?

    Besides, we know you speak in parables because it gives you a "cool religious" feeling in which you subconsciously view yourself as some special prophet of God. It is just an ego thing.
    While you have no idea, I wouldn't want to be a bastard child.


    do I know of him? Or what do I know of him? I know that your cheap immitation of him is really bad, that's about it...
    If I am an impostor then why do you not believe me?


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  15. #40
    Prepared survivor Seasoned Member eldingo12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by UVsaturated View Post
    If I am an impostor then why do you not believe me?

    That is the funniest thing I have read since before johnnyboy "left". I may have to make that my new sig.
    WWSD (What Would Superman Do?)

  16. #41
    FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Your mothers vagina
    Posts
    11,414
    You cannot steal something if you created it.
    Are you telling me that you created the symbol used for usb connections?
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

  17. #42
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeAfraid View Post
    Are you telling me that you created the symbol used for usb connections?
    I am telling you that I created the symbol used for USB connections and the connection itself.


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  18. #43
    FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Your mothers vagina
    Posts
    11,414
    I am telling you that I created the symbol used for USB connections and the connection itself.
    So you are a computer engineer? Who do you work for? Did intel, the company you work for, get the patent rights on your invention? Hopefully they gave you a huge bonus for it though ya?
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

  19. #44
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeAfraid View Post
    So you are a computer engineer? Who do you work for? Did intel, the company you work for, get the patent rights on your invention? Hopefully they gave you a huge bonus for it though ya?
    Seriously DBA, I never once was referring to that symbol used in the computer. That may be the icon for standardized two-way serial data transmission, but I was referring to it's counterpart, which you do not see - obviously. Yet it is right in front of you.


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  20. #45
    FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Your mothers vagina
    Posts
    11,414
    Seriously DBA, I never once was referring to that symbol used in the computer.
    You just said you invented it...
    That may be the icon for standardized two-way serial data transmission,
    ya, it is awesome.


    but I was referring to it's counterpart
    Firewire?
    which you do not see - obviously. Yet it is right in front of you.
    My 24 inch widescreen lcd?
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

  21. #46
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBeAfraid View Post
    You just said you invented it...
    This is how rumors start DBA. I never said I invented the one used on computers and devices, I only said I invented the USB symbol and the connection. Those were my exact words, I believe and I did not stutter.


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  22. #47
    FlatLiner Contributor DontBeAfraid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Your mothers vagina
    Posts
    11,414
    I only said I invented the USB symbol and the connection. Those were my exact words, I believe and I did not stutter.
    You invented the USB symbol and connection....

    Im at a loss... what other usb connections are there besides those of computers?
    I aggressively attack stupidity... If you feel I am being aggressive, well....

  23. #48
    Max Headroom Contributor UVsaturated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Right Here Right Now
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,081
    Your first clue is its a symbol; something that means something else.


    Uncle Sam is a two bit coward - always taking money from his brother's kids and telling them he wants them to join his Army.

  24. #49
    Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Minkowski space Posts:       49,989
    Posts
    13,332
    Quote Originally Posted by UVsaturated View Post
    Precisely.
    No. You do not understand.

    One truth within another truth but they are in opposition.
    It is factually wrong to think of matter in the classical sense. It is not one truth within another. One is just simply wrong. Bad analogy. The only upside is that thinking in classical terms is often useful, even if it is inaccurate.


    [...] For if I say that matter exists in time and space, but QM proves that otherwise, then both realities are true and exist at the same time.

    You do not understand. The classical "Reality" is wrong. QM is correct, and its predecessor was, is, and will always be WRONG.

    I do not see your argument with this other than it has been noted by me that you have studied QM quite significantly as one of your passions. I do need to do that as I understand the basic statement of it.
    You shouldn't have made the analogy.



    Even if I were a fundamental Christian, it still should not matter to you, for you are neither my creator nor the originator of fundamental Christianity.
    It matters to me because I am interested in the response of fundamental Christians. The reasons are academic reasons.



    Is it possible argument A is very loud, but that the presence of the two vav's makes it hard for you to understand?
    What is a "vav?"

    In time we will remove those two so you can hear clearly what the argument is. Realistically, when one speaks in parable for whatever reason, an otherwise normal statement then becomes kindling for the unquenchable fire in some, but is just annoying to those who build fires with wood. Do you see that?
    I see that you want to be perceived as a religious hero, like Jesus, or the two prophets spoken of in the book of Revelations.



    While you have no idea, I wouldn't want to be a bastard child.
    Why must you be a bastard?


    If I am an impostor then why do you not believe me?
    I do not believe you because you are an impostor. Pretty straight forward logic, no?



    Your first clue is its a symbol; something that means something else.
    "There is nothing new under the sun." You are an impostor and a liar, or you are simply mistaken.

    EDIT- that or you're trying to impersonate Jake, which is funny. But still, no one can really do him justice.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

  25. #50
    Prepared survivor Seasoned Member eldingo12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartesiantheater View Post
    EDIT- that or you're trying to impersonate Jake, which is funny. But still, no one can really do him justice.
    I have a pretty good johnb1 impression...
    WWSD (What Would Superman Do?)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jesus' death on the cross was INEVITABLE...
    By dutchie in forum Religion & Spirituality
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: Dec 25th, 2007, 10:44 AM
  2. Can there be a God
    By Traveler in forum Is There a God?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:12 AM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: Jun 20th, 2006, 11:30 PM
  4. God, spacetime and you
    By merlinsbyte in forum Paranormal
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:12 PM
  5. GOD??? hmmmmm
    By WasteLandWa|2rior in forum Is There a God?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Dec 25th, 2004, 11:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Site Meter